• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 1.19 - discussion

DeletedUser

Im not sure why we have to have stars on all motivated buildings an unattached units filter. Yes we could see which are motivated attached or not but all you have to do is to put the cursor on a building unit and a tool tip will tell you if the production is doubled unit is attached or not.

Clever answer.... nice bit of word play :) .... I know which feature I would prefer though... and it wasn't more bouncing stars ;)

DeletedUser96901

Im not sure why we have to have stars on all motivated buildings an unattached units filter. Yes we could see which are motivated attached or not but all you have to do is to put the cursor on a building unit and a tool tip will tell you if the production is doubled unit is attached or not.
what a nonsense reply:
99% doesn't care which house is motivated and which not
because it doesn't make any difference if house 3 or 9 in a 20-house-lane is motivated

but 99% care if the unit they take to the fight is attached or not
that does make a difference if you can rebuild it in a barrack or not

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

yes, you can see the stars over the motivated coin/supply buildings but this is of no real use
what could have been fixed is having a building motivated, but the game not registering that without a refresh. this is a real issue - while you are logged in someone drops by and doubles a production, but if you do not refresh, you will not collect double. the game will however inform you the production was doubled, after the normal amount was collected. somewhat ridiculous... i can see polishing registers immediately, so i don't understand why motivation can't be made the same way

something that's broken after the update - sometimes my idle military buildings don't have the sleepy moon icon over them. so anytime i lose troops in battle i need to check each building one by one to see if there are slots waiting to be trained. a big inconvenience! please fix that, thanks!

and another thing that has been changed - the order of contributors to GBs. before the update in case of equal contribution the one that came first got higher rank. now it's vice versa. if this is a glitch, please fix it. if this was an intended change - maybe it should have been included in the announcement

edit: to support para 2 of the post - i just refreshed the game (to make sure the motivations registered) and the sleepy icon appeared over one of the barracks. it was not there and i obviously missed it when checking manually the barracks

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Smart come back. Im glad that at least the moderators, or former ones, and the other game staff find this feature useful.

Myself I got a "stellar" village. It makes a difference from when we only had a few I guess.
Stars, stars everywhere! Makes me wanna sing and dance.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Yet ANOTHER issue arises after an update....this time when the game crashes during a battle (as per usual) and the browser is refreshed, the option to continue the battle appears as normal. I use 1 Battle Tank and 7 Rogues for most of my battles, and what happens now is that after the refresh and the continue battle option, the battlefield now shows my one Battle Tank and seven Rogues AFTER some of them have already been converted into Tanks.

So I am now unsure which ones are actually converted Rogues and which ones are not :(

DeletedUser9168

and another thing that has been changed - the order of contributors to GBs. before the update in case of equal contribution the one that came first got higher rank. now it's vice versa. if this is a glitch, please fix it. if this was an intended change - maybe it should have been included in the announcement
Rusty nail - I have just tested this out with a couple of different GB and cities, and i find it is working as expected - if i now equal a previous donator's score, i am still behind him in the rankings. However, i seem to recall a glitch like this happened once before - a long time ago - hopefully it has been corrected again, so thanks for pointing out a possible problem. if you are concerned you are still recorded in the wrong order, please contact support (right-click within your city) and fill out a ticket. They will then be able to look into the issue for you.

Amy Steele

General
mrbeef, and anyone else having these kinds of issues, it would be most helpful if you could please either submit a ticket in game or a bug report in the forum here (click) so we can check this out for you and get these issues fixed as soon as possible.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

what could have been fixed is having a building motivated, but the game not registering that without a refresh. this is a real issue - while you are logged in someone drops by and doubles a production, but if you do not refresh, you will not collect double. the game will however inform you the production was doubled, after the normal amount was collected. somewhat ridiculous... i can see polishing registers immediately, so i don't understand why motivation can't be made the same way
This is a common misunderstanding.

The server DOES recognise when a building is polished and DOES apply the productivity percentage correctly. However to reduce user bandwidth usage and potential strain on the servers, it does not push the display update to the user - this decision was made as it has no negative effect on game play. It does however push through the display update when a building loses motivation - this is because it DOES directly effect your game play.

For those that doubt this to be true, you can prove it using the following method:
  1. When you know you have a building polished and have not updated the display: Record the total number of coins/supplies in the top right corner.
  2. Collect the house/supply and make note of how much the display incorrectly thinks you collected.
  3. Wait for the total to be updated.
  4. Refresh your browser.
  5. Subtract the new total coin/supplies from your old total. You will see the difference is greater than what the display showed it to be.

Note: this will only work if the building polished has provided enough happiness to push productivity up to 120%. The same applies to motivated buildings.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
And the standard response will be 'Please attach some screenshots'. If I take a screenshot it will simply show 1 Battle Tank and 7 Rogues (which is what I started the battle with anyway). Anybody looking at that screenshot will simply say that my Rogues have taken their turn and moved and have not yet been hit/converted by enemy hits.

DeletedUser

And the standard response will be 'Please attach some screenshots'. If I take a screenshot it will simply show 1 Battle Tank and 7 Rogues (which is what I started the battle with anyway). Anybody looking at that screenshot will simply say that my Rogues have taken their turn and moved and have not yet been hit/converted by enemy hits.

With any bug report we always ask players to provide the steps to encounter the issue, and where possible the steps to replicate the issue. If you know how this occurred, then you could easily replicate it and therefore capture two images, one before, and one after. This is exactly what the mod will try to do when investigating the issue, however if there are local variables that effect you and not the moderator, then the best person to obtain the information and evidence is yourself and then we can get the issue quickly sent onwards and upwards.

Further more, this is a discussion thread for the changelog, please report bugs using the appropriate channels - The bug report section on the forum, or by submitting a ticket.

DeletedUser

Rusty nail - I have just tested this out with a couple of different GB and cities, and i find it is working as expected - if i now equal a previous donator's score, i am still behind him in the rankings. However, i seem to recall a glitch like this happened once before - a long time ago - hopefully it has been corrected again, so thanks for pointing out a possible problem. if you are concerned you are still recorded in the wrong order, please contact support (right-click within your city) and fill out a ticket. They will then be able to look into the issue for you.

we have a "new GB rule" in our guild asking all to put a single fp in any new GB started by a guild mate. i'm checking this and when i checked a new GB this morning i noticed the folks who donated their one fp first were last on the list. It is still the same way. Thanks for the advice, i will send a ticket about this.

So, it is just a "display" optimization?

DeletedUser4089

So, it is just a "display" optimization?

Pretty much. To have every client updated instantly whenever a polivation happens would be a big strain, for the servers and the clients. So the server just remembers what happens until it's time to update the client. The server is set to update clients somewhere around every 20 minutes*, so if you perform an action that requires communication with the game server, you should see the updated stars.

But even if the stars haven't updated by the time you collect, all the real calculations are done server side, so it always has the latest information to give you what you deserve.

*I could be wrong about the timing, it's been a while.

DeletedUser7719

I would of preferred stars (to stay) on a neighbors buildings. Makes it easier to tell when to plunder rather than constantly switching animations on :p

DeletedUser15432

I like the stars and it is a useful re-attachment to the game - I think they were taken out for the easter event and have just been reinstated

DeletedUser5180

the stars have no benefit whether there or not, now a filter for unattached troops........sorry forgot, think that was maybe mentioned before on the forum but can't be sure :mad:

DeletedUser

The server DOES recognise when a building is polished and DOES apply the productivity percentage correctly. However to reduce user bandwidth usage and potential strain on the servers, it does not push the display update to the user - this decision was made as it has no negative effect on game play. It does however push through the display update when a building loses motivation - this is because it DOES directly effect your game play.
Rather strange method to reduce the bandwidth usage. I can propose 10 ways of reducing bandwidth which will be convenient for players. Why the heck we have to load other player's city after each battle, even if we don't want to plunder? Why the heck we have to load other player's city each time we make donations through GB list? Why the heck my army is loaded from server 80 times during one session, each time I attack? Why the heck each army unit is send from the server with full information about its unit type?...

Moreover, if you'll open event log, you'll see all recent support actions, but "polivation info" (stars, doubled coins/supplies) in your city buildings will not be updated. The server has sent the information, client has received it, but did not process it properly. All this is not due to bandwidth considerations, it's just bad programming.

DeletedUser13805

Rather strange method to reduce the bandwidth usage. I can propose 10 ways of reducing bandwidth which will be convenient for players. Why the heck we have to load other player's city after each battle, even if we don't want to plunder? Why the heck we have to load other player's city each time we make donations through GB list? Why the heck my army is loaded from server 80 times during one session, each time I attack? Why the heck each army unit is send from the server with full information about its unit type?...

Moreover, if you'll open event log, you'll see all recent support actions, but "polivation info" (stars, doubled coins/supplies) in your city buildings will not be updated. The server has sent the information, client has received it, but did not process it properly. All this is not due to bandwidth considerations, it's just bad programming.

oh heck : )