• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Bug: Can't spend Quantum medals to buy expansions. But in the settlement

alterdestiny

Private
"Expansions"? - as in the announcement, or "Quantum expansions" - as it says in the game? - implying that you might only be able to put Quantum buildings on them? And if so will they be in addition to the existing expansions area?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Read again.
What is there to Read Again? All it is stating is that it will be another way to unlock expansions in your main city. Nowhere does it say (yea or nay) that these will be normal city expansions, or could possibly be new 'quantum expansion', which could quite possibly used only for new specific buildings, or only certain existing building (such as only Great Buildings). Until more is revealed, nobody can say for certain (even though it may make more logical sense for one way over the other - the badly unpredictable direction Inno has been going the past year now leaves the more logical sense as only possible, not probable).

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
This is the closest they've come to revealing the use.

Screenshot_20240425_102029_Discord.jpg

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Interesting, wonder what they have cooking ? Hopefully it won't be too long before we find out, have 2m + quantum medals burning a hole in my pocket waiting to be spent...lol

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
watch the beta announcements, just read the beta board and you can see what's coming.

Anyway here's the link and here's the expansions table:
https://support.innogames.com/kb/ForgeOfEmpires/en_DK/3678

I estimate to get the first 4 expansions will take about 2 years of playing QI. One of the beta players estimated 25 years to get all 10, but I was too depressed to keep doing math after I got to 2 years.

Expansion CountQuantum Medal cost

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Interesting, wonder what they have cooking ? Hopefully it won't be too long before we find out, have 2m + quantum medals burning a hole in my pocket waiting to be spent...lol
Do you really? I have 250K and it will be another season before I can afford even 1 expansion. Did you look at the wrong medals? 2 million would be a lot to have this early, even if you bought the passes.

Emberguard

Legend
Do you really? I have 250K and it will be another season before I can afford even 1 expansion. Did you look at the wrong medals? 2 million would be a lot to have this early, even if you bought the passes.

I currently have 70k free-to-play on my main without any diamond usage

There is this strange dynamic where you'd get more progress on your own or in a small group compared to being in a large Guild because a large (active) Guild pushes the stats up on the opponents. So then you're losing units at a much faster rate compared to a less active/smaller Guild.

This of course doesn't take into account who has the Settlement buildings completed, but all it'd take is one or two heavy spenders in a Guild to push it way beyond what members are currently up to with their Quantum Settlement and they won't be getting much progress in the way of Quantum Medals without spending a bunch of diamonds to catch up.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Yes, 2,287,500 to be exact, yes admit I did buy the gold pass as it was a really good deal, very cheap compared to the event passes as it lasts the whole of the 6 incursions of the Championship

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_085339_Forge of Empires.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_085339_Forge of Empires.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13

Nidwin

Sergeant
I'm at 262.5K QI medals for a bit less than 4 days of play. I started past Thursday to give it a shot and bought on Friday the gold pass. I although did spent 7k diamonds to do some experimentation to get a better understanding of the QI mechanics and so. Emberguard is right and it may be easier for loners and 2-5 folks guilds compared to big guilds for personal progression if you invest yourself and some time in QI so we could/should be able to get those expansions faster.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Oh ok, so you need the gold pass to get 2-3 expansions right away. So they are selling expansions for $24.99 or whatever the gold pass costs in your location, because that's the way to get that many quantum medals.

Free players will wait 2 years for the medals to get that. And the gap widens, and the transition to pay to play is nearly complete.

I'm not giving them money to reward what they've done to (destroy) the game, but I am sure they think this is a success if that many people gave them money for the gold pass on this initial release of QI. They will get the rude awakening next season then, when those people have had enough of being fleeced.