• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attack points not calculating right in the game - game update (not a bug)

rjs66

Lieutenant
so you obviously don't want a representative sample of players and a fair vote

this whole thread is a waste of time

try playing the game for a change

DeletedUser103370

so you obviously don't want a representative sample of players and a fair vote

this whole thread is a waste of time

try playing the game for a change

Haha, I quoted the original post, and that means to you I don't want a representative sample?
No. You bending the thread and presenting it in a different way means YOU don't want a representative sample and fair vote.

Try not to get personal for a change...

rjs66

Lieutenant
i posted the original quote and a set of questions to find out what people use and which of them wanted the change and which didn''t

so yes a representative sample and their opinions
you posted over the top - so that was removed

you pick selectively the bits of posts you want and twist their meanings to suit your own ends
so yes this thread is a complete waste of time

DeletedUser103370

i posted the original quote and a set of questions to find out what people use and which of them wanted the change and which didn''t

so yes a representative sample and their opinions
you posted over the top - so that was removed

you pick selectively the bits of posts you want and twist their meanings to suit your own ends
so yes this thread is a complete waste of time

No. I've quoted the whole post, no selection, I've copy-pasted the whole first post...
You wanted to twist it's meaning, by asking people with your own choice of words, suggesting things like "penalizing for boost" and stuff like that.

And because I won't let you turn this thread into a bunch of crap, now you deem it a waste of time...

No. It's a waste of time to read you, unfortunately I have to reply to all your misleading, because I don't want anyone to login and read your stuff and misunderstand what this is all about.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Ok, can please stop this and get to vote? Maybe i will open another post or delete the off topic because of 4 pages nonsense...so only vote please.

"You need to reach 20 before the idea is forwarded to the developers."

DeletedUser108379

I am against because

- I do not think that it would be a good idea to change an essential part of the game after 5 years, please leave that as it is

- In most fights (GE, GvG, Continent map) the bonus of the defender is less than mine bonus of attack. Why should I get punished because I did level up my attack GBs`?

That formula only looks good at the beginning, when you just started the game. I had similar ideas in the beginning, but than realised it is better to leave the formula as it is now.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
I am against because

- I do not think that it would be a good idea to change an essential part of the game after 5 years, please leave that as it is

- In most fights (GE, GvG, Continent map) the bonus of the defender is less than mine bonus of attack. Why should I get punished because I did level up my attack GBs`?

That formula only looks good at the beginning, when you just started the game. I had similar ideas in the beginning, but than realised it is better to leave the formula as it is now.

Why is this a punishment to you, if all players in your rang will get the same points if attacking the same unit, and who will attack stronger players to, will have the edge? Is this more unfair like it is now?

Isnt this a logical, that if you have a large attack boost you attack more and its easy to you (you will have more points), and the game system now not want that you attack a strong players (like maybe yourself and myself) to get more fair points if you attack stronger players?

I have a feeling that all who votes -1 are stronger players and not want to be attacked more. Is this the reason, honestly now?

And in this way can just a little bit compensate the points to players, who are playing a lot of GVG (more easy wining, because the enemy are not stronger like you), and you cannot win them in tower competition. Some Guild playing more some less the GVG, but who are playing are unbeatable in tower competition if he is in your hood.

DeletedUser108379

@MasTTerror
Your formula just take into account what has happened in that single battle. But this is a long-time-play. So there are also aspects to consider beside a single battle.

Just look at GE

For being able to finish the 4st Level of GE with fighting one has to level the three Attack GB as high as possible. Now one will be rewarded for doing so, because one than is able to finish GE without having to use a lot of goods (which may be handy for other things).

With your formula players who do this will be punished because they will get less points for winning the battles in lower levels. I think that is unfair.

And even in the hood, look at two players, both attacking the same other hoodie. Why should the one who put effort into his attack power first be punished and get less points than the other player who was lazy, did not look for the blueprints, did not put FP into the GB. Why? Any reason for that? One should be awarded for playing smart, not punished.

(P.S. Even in GvG, when you start the enemy may be stronger than you, having 75% in the headquarter, so even with your formula you would not win much against those who fight a lot in GvG in the tower. Just drop that idea)

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
I only want to understand why are people that so much against that Idea, witch gives only a little bit more fair play in the game. Honestly i still not understand :? I think the reason is only, that people not want some Idea witch not meet they interest, but not want to tell that honestly.

Example:
GE to the end of 3LVL has 48 fight. If you have all 3 GB max boost that means to you +90% attack boost and you have for example +90% defense boost. Lets say the enemy in the last 48 round has 60% attack/defense boost. So you win all this fight with easy, and not lose unattached units and not need for goods. Easy, right? That is YOUR reward.

Then other player has only +40% attack/defense boost. I not care why, maybe is playing less, maybe is he a trader and so on, BUT he wants those rewards and relics. He lose many more time, more units, and more goods. That is his PUNISHMENT.

And WHY is HE punished (thats your word), and YOU rewarded to get the same attack points, but he put in a lot more effort like you? Dont forget he is not a aggressive attacker. So the FOE game wants only attackers if they are rewarded for do that most people even not want...plunder their city? Not logic to me, and you? :)

I am not talking, that he get twice more points like you, but some balance must be in the game, not only this formula:
-attack points = (unit type = dealt damage - taken damage)....and thats it....where are the difficulty modifier???? lost in the universe....

DeletedUser110195

Then other player has only +40% attack/defense boost. I not care why, maybe is playing less, maybe is he a trader and so on, BUT he wants those rewards and relics. He lose many more time, more units, and more goods. That is his PUNISHMENT.
He is fully capable of building and leveling Zeus, Aachen and Castel del Monte to 10, just like the other player given in the example. His punishment is for not having put the same effort into building his attack boost. No one should be punished for what others have FAILED to do.

DeletedUser108379

I only want to understand why are people that so much against that Idea, witch gives only a little bit more fair play in the game. Honestly i still not understand :? I think the reason is only, that people not want some Idea witch not meet they interest, but not want to tell that honestly.

Example:
GE to the end of 3LVL has 48 fight. If you have all 3 GB max boost that means to you +90% attack boost and you have for example +90% defense boost. Lets say the enemy in the last 48 round has 60% attack/defense boost. So you win all this fight with easy, and not lose unattached units and not need for goods. Easy, right? That is YOUR reward.

And WHY is HE punished (thats your word), and YOU rewarded to get the same attack points, but he put in a lot more effort like you? Dont forget he is not a aggressive attacker. So the FOE game wants only attackers if they are rewarded for do that most people even not want...plunder their city? Not logic to me, and you? :)

I am not talking, that he get twice more points like you, but some balance must be in the game, not only this formula:
-attack points = (unit type = dealt damage - taken damage)....and thats it....where are the difficulty modifier???? lost in the universe....

The first fights both can do without loosing a single unit and without getting any damage. So why should the one with the high GB, who put much more effort into his army get less points than the lazy one, whe neglected his GBs? You cannot choose, not to use the attack bonus, even if you do not need it. Therefore any such formula is unfair.

And by the way with your formula the lazy one will get more than twice the amounts of points of the other.

rjs66

Lieutenant
the thousands of FPs required didn't appear out of thin air , they took time to earn and they could have been spent elsewhere (other gbs , tech etc..), this involves city planning, planning what tech to research etc.. to achieve your aims and lots of time

this is a strategy game, you make choices what to do with your resources to gain an advantage in certain areas of the game
the better the choices you make about what you do the greater advantage in that area

making it so that whatever choice you make ultimately has the same result removes all strategy from the game and turns it into sim-city with no challenges

if you see that someone has something that you wish you had then there is nothing to stop you getting the same if you choose to do so
trying to remove their benefits because you are envious of what they have is not strategy

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Ok, but now the game are Punishing me any all you who are attacking a stronger enemy and get the same points like i attack only the weaker with the same units. Why are the game doing that? I see only 2 options.
1. The game are protecting the strongest one (the Elite players), that do not attack them so many times, because if you get the same point to win an enemy with less boost, why bother with the hard fights and lose the time, energy and units?
2. When the game was created nobody think to that matter and is was ok for that starting time for the game? But the progress are go on...

I only see, that in this game you are rewarded with the same reward (attack points) no matter whoever you attack, and its a big like to you all. Really interesting i will say.

The "attack points" are not calculating right in this moment, i think that all you see that, but simply fear the changes or are used to work like that or not care because not chasing the Tower victory award. Then lets hear your Idea, if somebody has a better one?

One more time. My idea is not that somebody get 2x more attack points (no chance!), but some % must be calculated in the game, because this is so funny, when i attack a player with 250%def, an then i get the same points as when i attacked the player with 30%def boost. Its just ridicules guys :lol:

I am not against your opinion, just i not get it :)

DeletedUser108379

One more time. My idea is not that somebody get 2x more attack points (no chance!), but some % must be calculated in the game, because this is so funny, when i attack a player with 250%def, an then i get the same points as when i attacked the player with 30%def boost. Its just ridicules guys :lol:

No, your idea is exactly that somebody gets 2* more attack points.

and you do not get our arguments because, you have so far not experienced fighting against an enemy with less bonus than yours, and that in a situation were you just have to do this fight, no possibilty to find another more challenging one.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
No, your idea is exactly that somebody gets 2* more attack points.

and you do not get our arguments because, you have so far not experienced fighting against an enemy with less bonus than yours, and that in a situation were you just have to do this fight, no possibilty to find another more challenging one.

That is an interesting thing, that you better know my idea like myself. I not even talked about the right point rate, that is only your argument that not like this be repaired, because you attacking only the weakest player, because the "game system" forced to that, that was saying in previous post, right?

So you are saying, that in your hood you are the strongest player, and you have the biggest boost, and that is the reason why you not want to adjust point rewards. Because in GVG maps are more or less the enemy same strong to all players ONLY if you playing lesser age. Bingo? :)

In FOE you not forced do fight in GVG, GE, continent map...its your time and your life. But you cannot expect that if you happy with that unfair backward point calculation, that all players must think the same.

This change will be implemented, its just a question when will be the players accept it and that FOE will even be a better game. I am only want to improve the game, not to argue whit someone, who are against it at any price.

DeletedUser108379

@MasTTerror
The most fights one does are not in the hood. At least if you like the fighting aspect of the game.
Besides FOE does not force you to attack you hoodies, so the argument, that GvG, GE do not count because you do not have to fight there, is not valid. I think you just to not want to think what your idea means for fights beside the hood. Because if you did, you would abandon your idea.

rjs66

Lieutenant
also in the higher ages many barracks give attack and defence boosts, some of these units are essential to fight with or you will lose
so your score with be reduced or boosted based on what it is necessary to build

when you reach the end of the tech tree you need gbs to put your fps into, there is nowhere else
are we supposed to push other players gbs and get a ban and their gb deleted ?

or should we boost arcs and alcatraz and get all the whiners complaining about that too ? (or any other gb for that matter)

the boost to the attack gbs is merely having the right tool for the job
not boosting your attack or defence is suicide in this game
attacking a high defence boost with a low attack boost is not really very clever , once you have the boost , whatever you attack is affected

you have to look at the impact of changing things on all aspects of the game , there are knock on effects to take into account

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
If i understand, you both are against this, because you are chasing the Tower victory like myself? And only this is the problem to you both, and that you both have a big attack boost? You have in your hood players, who have playing GVG like you, and you are stronger like him, and if the points calculating will change you will get less points, and you are not attacking in your hood many players. Only in this scenario will you get less points and then i understand why you are against this.

Me to are chasing those medals in Tower victory, in all ages, and me to are in the top 3 strongest player in the hood, but i am not looking only myself, that is the difference between us.

And if a find some thing that missing from the game right now i will say that, because i cannot be happy with some missing calculation in the game, although if i get now more point, and then will get maybe less points, BUT if attack stronger players, i will have an edge over my competition, who is right now exploiting that you are not rewarded to win the strongest players, and bully only to the weakest, who are not playing or loss the will to not play because of attacks. Many players not have diamonds and if you not purchase those expands then you cannot be in the best players company.

The attack points and the attack boost are not same, and i never talked about changing the boost and your strategy, this will not change the priority of leveling up boost GB-s, because always be the same, if you have bigger boost, you can win in more battles with the same energy, time, and units, like one, who are weaker.

Only the GVG are created so, that you must spend very much time to clicking those battles all day long if you want be the strongest. In my hood are no players right now, who are playing GVG, i cann se that in their points....or no points hehe...