• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attack points not calculating right in the game - game update (not a bug)

rjs66

Lieutenant
given the following:

all players have exactly the same starting point
all players have exactly the same game
all players have exactly the same choices available to them

the game is identical for everybody

then the only difference is the way you play and the choices YOU make

if a player has made one set of choices and achieved something that gives them an advantage then it is not what the software did , it is what they did

you had exactly the same chance to get what they have , if you chose to do something different and haven't got what they have it is your own fault

it is pure jealously on the part of those that haven't got what they want and see what somebody else has and they want it
if you want it then you can make the choice to go after it, put in the time and effort and spend the resources to do it

trying to change the game because you haven't made the same decisions is totally ludicrous
trying to hurt those that have made better decisions than you in a particular area of the game to achieve what they want is childish

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
What a load of irrelevant and insulting twaddle!

If you want to support your idea, come up with practice numbers and scenatios that show the differences from all angles. You harm your idea by
  1. Not understanding the difference between a bug and a feature you do not like
  2. Being personally offensive
  3. Not understanding the difference between calculated risk and gung-ho messing around
  4. Not knowing the game well enough to understand there is no such thing as invincibility, Tavern boosts or not.
Who is insulting who now? ;) But ok, this is only your subjective opinion and is irrelevant for this "idea". If you think that i insulting somebody then....

I will post one more time the scenario, but to calculate the exactly the difference in the point system is not my job, and you know that it is impossible to us, but not to developers.

This is the best answer and its not my.

good idea

lets change it and calculate it correct
that would be:
points new = points now * defenders boost / attackers boost

because for example attacking with 60% against 60% defense has the same difficulty than 0% vs 0%

one bad thing about that
in most cases we would get less points

but that is for all players in the towers and so fighting better enemies still gives you an advantage

1. I told one time, that in this forum not find the right section to post this NOT BUG, NOT IDEA thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug
2. Find one insulting word.
3. Maybe not, thats why the developers are for to repair this thing.
4. Try open a Friends Tavern, go to Military Boosts and schrooll down to City Shield.

Peace man, this is only a game, that need always an upgrade. Play it, and enjoy it. And if you discover some sort of improvement post it, like i took the time and not only criticize.

given the following:

all players have exactly the same starting point
all players have exactly the same game
all players have exactly the same choices available to them

the game is identical for everybody

then the only difference is the way you play and the choices YOU make

if a player has made one set of choices and achieved something that gives them an advantage then it is not what the software did , it is what they did

you had exactly the same chance to get what they have , if you chose to do something different and haven't got what they have it is your own fault

it is pure jealously on the part of those that haven't got what they want and see what somebody else has and they want it
if you want it then you can make the choice to go after it, put in the time and effort and spend the resources to do it

trying to change the game because you haven't made the same decisions is totally ludicrous
trying to hurt those that have made better decisions than you in a particular area of the game to achieve what they want is childish

And when they fix the incorrect point calculation, this will stay the same, dont worry.

Only from bad decision we learn, but the first we must see it. This "idea" is not for myself, this is for all FOE players and for game itself. You not know me enough.

If you have a chance, ask the developers what thinking of this and please share it.

rjs66

Lieutenant
it is clear that you wont accept responsibility for the conseqeunces of your own actions

there have been lots of ideas posted that seek to reduce the benefits of what active players with good strategies have achieved either by themselves or as a team

the argument that they always put in is this is for everybody , when the only reason is that they got stuck on something and thought how can i get out of this without doing any work in the game or developing my strategy

ask yourself why has something in the game that has been like that for ages suddenly becomes unfair or wrong
it hasn't

changing the way the game works to hurt those that put the work in and play the most is unfair to them, especially when it is championed by those that don't play much

look at the stats on forge-db to see who is active or not, or who only logs on occasionally and does minimal gameplay and wants to change things

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Thank you for you opinion. I really want to hear from more players, how they think about this idea.

Idea:
because for example attacking with 60% against 60% defense has the same difficulty than 0% vs 0%

DeletedUser103370

it is clear that you wont accept responsibility for the conseqeunces of your own actions

there have been lots of ideas posted that seek to reduce the benefits of what active players with good strategies have achieved either by themselves or as a team

the argument that they always put in is this is for everybody , when the only reason is that they got stuck on something and thought how can i get out of this without doing any work in the game or developing my strategy

ask yourself why has something in the game that has been like that for ages suddenly becomes unfair or wrong
it hasn't

changing the way the game works to hurt those that put the work in and play the most is unfair to them, especially when it is championed by those that don't play much

look at the stats on forge-db to see who is active or not, or who only logs on occasionally and does minimal gameplay and wants to change things

It has nothing to do with my actions. Rewarded points are ignoring the fact if you fight against a weaker, or stronger army. Simple as that...

It has nothing to do with "good strategies" or "achievements", except if you consider beating a much weaker opponent than yourself as an "achievement"...

Just because something is there in the game for ages, it doesn't mean it's good, or it's supposed to be like that...

A change like this would not hurt, but improve game experience, again the exception is if you prefer to beat weaker opponents, but in that case I think your attitude should change, and the rules shouldn't support it...

And the last insult is simply laughable, first I'm not the OP of this topic. Second, how often I login or not is simply not your business, and has nothing to do with my arguments validity.
Third, it's a cheap way of saying, you're "butthurt".

But I expect nothing more from someone who enjoys beating the crap out of others, who doesn't stand a chance...

rjs66

Lieutenant
don't forget to add whether you participate in the following

Guild Vs Guild
Guild expeditions - and like to fight rather than negotiate everything
PvP in the neighbourhood

tell us how your experience is with un-boosted troops vs boosted troops to achieve your aims

do you think that you would actually get anywhere without a boost or do you think it is a necessity to actually fight in Expeditions or certain parts of the continent map

if you think a boost is necessary do you think you should be penalised for using it

DeletedUser103370

Guild Vs Guild
PvP in the neighbourhood

tell us how your experience is with un-boosted troops vs boosted troops to achieve your aims

do you think that you would actually get anywhere without a boost or do you think it is a necessity to actually fight in Expeditions or certain parts of the continent map

if you think a boost is necessary do you think you should be penalised for using it

Listen bro, it doesn't matter if I played FoE at all, EVER :D
It only matters if what I'm saying is valid or not.

I understand that you can't argue so you wanna turn this to a personal fight against me, but that won't work. This thread is about how we calculate attack points, please don't get off-topic...

rjs66

Lieutenant
i mentioned no names (you inferred that) - and this isn't a personal fight

i was merely pointing out that people can check to see which players are actively playing the game and which aren't
if players aren't actively playing why should they want to change so much ?

DeletedUser103370

i mentioned no names (you inferred that) - and this isn't a personal fight

i was merely pointing out that people can check to see which players are actively playing the game and which aren't
if players aren't actively playing why should they want to change so much ?

Exactly. You talk about people and their gaming habits, but this is the ideas section and it's about attacking points.
So it doesn't matter how people play, what matters if what they say has merit or not.

DeletedUser103370

was just curious as to how people could hold valid opinions on what the game should be if they aren't actively participating

I can easily answer that for you. Instead of looking at our stats, look at what we're saying.

For example, beating a weaker army is easier, that's one of my statements.
Ask yourself, is that true? If it is, then my point is valid.

Or for example another statement of mine was that, if you reward better someone for beating a harder opponent, that motivates people to fight against strong opponents, not weaker ones.
Ask yourself, is that true? If it is, then my point is valid.

You see, it doesn't matter how much I'm using a feature, how often I login etc. The only thing matters is what we say.

rjs66

Lieutenant
but why does it matter to people who aren't actively playing ?
let people answer the following questions

original Idea:

do you think that your attack boost should reward you with extra points / penalise you ,or be left alone

Guild Vs Guild
PvP in the neighbourhood

lets see what other people think

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Idea:

Example:

Now:
- attacking with 0-1000% attack boost, against 0-1000% defense boost get the SAME points

Idea:

- attacking with 100% attack boost, against 100% defense boost get the SAME points
- attacking with 100% attack boost, against 0% defense boost get LESS points
- attacking with 100% attack boost, against 200% defense boost get MORE points
Is this have a logic or not?? If yes, why, if not, why?

Dont forget, that this applies to all players!

So if you NOW attacking only weaker players and you will do the same, and your opponent are attacking stronger players and do the same, he will have an advantage over you.
So if you are against this Idea you attacking weaker player, and if you agree with idea are attacking also stronger players. Right?
So the question is, are you looking the whole FOE game or only yourself?

This work the same in GVG, GE, PVP. No one will have more or less points, all players will have so many points how they play own strategy attacking weaker or stronger.

If you have greater boost like your enemy (GVG, GE,PVP) that is great for you, because you lose less units, win more, and can attack more, so you will have more points vs. players who has less boost, lose more units, and can attack less.

This Idea only eliminate the current situation, when you can exploit that. So again, if you against, it can not be other, that you right now exploiting that, isn it?

I am to exploiting that, and attacking the stronger players only if i must for points, BUT i want to eliminate this. I am not watch only myself.

Boost is not a penalty, boost is a must have tool, and more you have, more easier you play bro.

And i can tel you that, if you now play like "sim city" and you are a trader, you have NO chance to defense yourself from attackers. I see, because i am an attacker. But this is another story of the game.

DeletedUser103370

but why does it matter to people who aren't actively playing ?
let people answer the following questions

original Idea:

do you think that your attack boost should reward you with extra points / penalise you ,or be left alone

Guild Vs Guild
PvP in the neighbourhood

original Idea:

This in simple words is what I said. Easier the battle you fight, less rewards you get. Harder the battle you fight, more rewards you get.

Again, I don't need to tell you my experiences, because this proposal is not about me. It's about deciding if the current point reward system is fair or not. I believe it's not.

And to answer your question, this is not penalizing. The exact opposite. Rewarding you more for harder fights.

In any and every game (including this one in most of it's features), you get more and more reward as you do harder and harder things. Very simple. Why shouldn't this be the same?

If you beat someone without a boost (alas you make your battle easier), then of course you should get less points, than if you did it without boost. Isn't that obvious?

rjs66

Lieutenant
then lets see what other people think

original Idea:

Guild Vs Guild
PvP in the neighbourhood

DeletedUser103370

original Idea:

Guild Vs Guild
PvP in the neighbourhood

Because you bending the truth and the facts, here's the proposal again:

Do you think if you should get more points if you fight against a harder enemy, than if you fight against a weaker one.
That is the question.

Let's see what people think about it.

rjs66

Lieutenant
bending the truth ?

did you forget about less points for fighting a weaker one ?

i am going to re-post the above question set again - try to resist posting over it so we can get a representative sample of what people do in the game and whether they are active fighters or farmers ?

rjs66

Lieutenant

original Idea:
Do you think if you should get more points if you fight against a harder enemy, than if you fight against a weaker one.

Guild Vs Guild
PvP in the neighbourhood

DeletedUser103370

original Idea:

Guild Vs Guild
PvP in the neighbourhood

I see you like to repeat yourself with no meaning :)

Contrary to what you say, this was the original idea:

"Hello.

This is not a bug, but i cannot tell otherwise for this improper operation in the game to the developers. This need a fix. Will be this year or not? Thanks.

Problem:
Now the attack bonus difficulty, not calculated to the attack points what we get when attacking/wining.

Example:
When i attack a city units with +200% defend bonus or with +50% defending bonus and the city have the same units, i get thesame points if he is defeated.

Original post in general discussions, but this need a fix in the future: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/attack-bonus-attack-points.33692/"

Now this means exactly what I said in one sentence:

That is the question.

It has nothing to do with penalizing, it has nothing to do with how many times each of us using GVG or GE or anything, these are ALL your opinions, so you trying to hijack the OP and present his idea in a different and more importantly negative way. Which is rude I think...

So the question of the OP is this:
That is the question.

Let's see what other people think.