• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attack points not calculating right in the game - game update (not a bug)

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Hello.

This is not a bug, but i cannot tell otherwise for this improper operation in the game to the developers. This need a fix. Will be this year or not? Thanks.

Problem:
Now the attack bonus difficulty, not calculated to the attack points what we get when attacking/wining.

Example:
When i attack a city units with +200% defend bonus or with +50% defending bonus and the city have the same units, i get the same points if he is defeated.

Original post in general discussions, but this need a fix in the future: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/attack-bonus-attack-points.33692/

If you know this is not a bug, why post it into the bug forum?

If you have an idea how to improve the game, why not post it into the ideas forum?

Posting a non-but into the bug forum just wastes people's time. Not posting a change you want to happen into the Ideas forum is a good way to stop the improvement ever being considered.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Ok, this is really not a Bug, but either not a Idea. This is a improper game operation and i not find the right forum area. I posted the first place to discussion area like the man in in game help (ticket) told me.

I not see why is this a Idea. If something not working like it should, then this need be in upgrade area. Only the in game developers could fix this thing and decide when will fix this, not the players because most of them do not know and care, and only see if they are advantage off this, not see the fair play.

No offense :)

DeletedUser103370

Ok, this is really not a Bug, but either not a Idea. This is a improper game operation and i not find the right forum area. I posted the first place to discussion area like the man in in game help (ticket) told me.

I not see why is this a Idea. If something not working like it should, then this need be in upgrade area. Only the in game developers could fix this thing and decide when will fix this, not the players because most of them do not know and care, and only see if they are advantage off this, not see the fair play.

No offense :)

Well that's pure semantics :)))
You say it's not working "as it should", others say it's supposed to work like that, because that's how it's implemented.
Either way you want to change a feature/functionality, and you have an idea how to do it, I think this is the right place.

That aside, I think you're right, the points should reflect the defensive army's strength.

-1​

The attack bonus makes defeating the units easier (or more certain) and is likely to decrease the hits taken. So it already is likely to increase the points gained.

The effect of this proposal would be to encourage everyone even more to beef up buildings to be able to swamp their neighbours, rather than to attack with the minimal troops they think will do the job, and rely on good tactics.

A challenging game rewarding good tactics and fighting with comparable troops is far better than a game played on the basis of "I spent more getting my troops massive attack bonus, so I win." That latter approach has been the death of many an online game.

rjs66

Lieutenant
try the following scenario:

the defenders have 200% defence bonus

you have 100% attack bonus, i have 200% attack bonus

you fail , i trash the enemy
you get no points and i get a big bonus

i leave you even further behind

or as it stands at the moment the defender is worth X points to kill whether i take it out with a spearfighter and stupidly high boost or a rail gun with a low boost
and we both get the same points for winning (less any damage taken of course)

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
I play this game 1-2 years now. Correct me if i wrong. The game now calculate the Wining Points ONLY and ONLY from the Type of a unit (info from the FOE help team).

Example in Modern era. If i attack and destroy a Paratrooper or a General i get a massive Points, but if i destroy a Bazooka Team or Battle Tank get less points AND the game system NOT care if u win the battle with 8 units or 4 unit vs 8 unit, OR if u have 0 attack boost vs 100% defense boost and so on...

When i attack one player with 50% or 250% defense bonus i get the same Points. Where is the logic? :)

And that in my opinion is wrong in the game. Its understandable that when creating a game or program you cannot think for all details, but thats why must constantly updating.

DeletedUser96901

The game now calculate the Wining Points ONLY and ONLY from the Type of a unit (info from the FOE help team).
that is wrong

it calculates from the defeated units AND the damage to the attacking units

When i attack one player with 50% or 250% defense bonus i get the same Points. Where is the logic? :)
actually you get less points with 50%

because you will get in most cases more damage with lower boost

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Ok, except that, the rest is right: "it calculates from the defeated units AND the damage to the attacking units" <----this is only the "penalty" from taking damage but the Point are same for on type of unit in any cases, minus damage taken, what u write.

DeletedUser103370

Yeah if I'm not mistaken, @MasTTerror wants to simply differentiate between different bonus ratios as well. If that's what we're talking about, then it's a +1 from me.

DeletedUser110195

Yeah if I'm not mistaken, @MasTTerror wants to simply differentiate between different bonus ratios as well. If that's what we're talking about, then it's a +1 from me.
What he wants is a bigger point reward for fighting someone that has a strong defense boost. Right now what matters is the units being killed and how much damage they inflict. He wants their defense boost to factor into it too.

rjs66

Lieutenant
you already get a bonus for defeating a high defense boost

you win

rather than losing all your units for no points and having to rebuild them all before you can attack again, or any variation on few or no points and varying degrees of damage
you are provided with attack gbs and various boost options , you need to work to gain these , as your gbs raise in level your points go up

i can see this being abused by people adjusting their city defences for people in the neighbourhood (by arrangement) so that they can max out their points for attacking

it also is more likely to make the strong stronger at the expense of the weaker, as the strong will win anyway , take less damage and be ready for another battle sooner and then be given bonus points for doing so (basically for doing nothing that they aren't doing already)

rjs66

Lieutenant
player a (oceanic future) 500% defence boost (not that difficult to achieve)
deal with player b, at pre-agreed time , player a puts 8 turtle-turrets in defence, player b attacks with flying unit (invulnerable to turtles)
player b, no loss, big score, massive bonus score for 500%
player a restores effective defence

player a & b switch roles and repeat

huge score / tower points because of boost

this of course is not possible below contemporary era as they don't have flying units

not saying that similar can't be done now if people could be bothered , but this idea massively rewards it, currently it's not really worth it
those that gain most are the strongest to start with, those that are much lower down could do similar but would get much less reward, and are more likely to do it and really stuff the low end players that don't

if you think it's tough fighting guilds that are geared towards GvG now, then giving even more incentive will unleash hell

DeletedUser110195

this of course is not possible below contemporary era as they don't have flying units
Maybe not, but player a in this scenario putting up an all ranged defense while player b goes with all artillery(up to PE and the notable exception of early middle ages) or all ranged on defense vs all heavy for PE and Modern. It's easy to abuse this idea, regardless of age.

thats why i said those lower down could do similar
Ahh, so you did...guess I should've kept reading but figured it was just 'in conclusion...this is a really terrible idea'...that sort of thing.

Last edited by a moderator: