• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Anyone else hate battles?

DeletedUser4800

These have already been for quite a while a chore, but I feel recently even more so!

I have 136/91 offensive boost with level 10 Arctic Orangery, I still lose pretty much 70-80% of auto battles. In order to win I have to manually fight each sector and even then barely win.

In order to conquer one sector you would need to waste good 45-60 minutes of your life, grinding through the absurd double level sectors, boring ass fights! It BORING AS HELL. I'd rather dig a lake with a spoon, than this boring ass crap!

Inno your game isn't Heroes of might and magic, the battle is utterly boring, utterly crap. You don't get entertainment from it, you get frustration and its a grind, its NOTHING BUT GRIND! Why you continuing down this path? Again your fighting game is utter crap, its boring, its NOT fun!

You also need to rebalance the boosts and benefits. Its absurd how the plain units have like 180/160 attack/defense, but with the GB and boosts and buildings they go like 420/280 some crazy crap like that! Its like they are completely different units.

A huge boost should be something like 50% attack and defense, not this crazy 130% percentage, over double the actual units. And the higher level are even more, players with high levels of CDM have 170% boosts,which is almost tripling the base units!

How can you even balance the game when the numbers are so insane? Of course the battles are boring ass crap fests now! Its impossible to balance them like this!

The best thing you can do for this game, for your actual profits, for player engagement with the game is REMOVE AUTO BATTLE, DIAL DOWN SECTORS UNITS NUMBERS and reduce the amount of fights, reduce the grind. BALANCE THE BOOSTS from BG's, buildings, tavern and have them be toned down, have them be normal.
A huge top boost should be something like +50%, not +150% or +180%, etc....

So that we can manually fight several battles, that take no more than 10 minutes, that are more interesting, that are balanced properly and that we can do without needing to have absurd numbers!!!!!!

DeletedUser110195

I have yet to see a jade, but this week let me fight without stopping up to level 4...2 gold relics in level 1 and both gave me rogues >=)

Of course level 3 and 4 chewed them down to 2 survivors.

DeletedUser

I have yet to see a jade, but this week let me fight without stopping up to level 4...2 gold relics in level 1 and both gave me rogues >=)
i got my first jade last week , once in a blue moon they are.

DeletedUser5180

I get around 3-4 gold and at least 1-2 jade relics every week.... makes the effort of growing my temple to level 20 (so far) definitely worthwhile :P

DeletedUser110195

You can always be a trader.............
But then all his investments in that arctic orangery would be for naught....though he should seriously consider it if he was banking on the orangery to win battles...what's a lvl 10 give, 5-7% chance to crit same age units? That's not nearly high enough to pin your hopes to, that's just an occasional gift.

DeletedUser110131

I certainly agree that the FoE battle system leaves a lot to be wished for. I'd like to see it completely reworked, and much harder. I doubt that you'd be happy with the changes I'd like to see, though. It doesn't matter, anyway, since we're both going to remain unsatisfied on the issue.

I have 136/91 offensive boost with level 10 Arctic Orangery, I still lose pretty much 70-80% of auto battles. In order to win I have to manually fight each sector and even then barely win.

Of course you do. That's no coincidence. Playing manually is meant to pay off.

In order to conquer one sector you would need to waste good 45-60 minutes of your life, grinding through the absurd double level sectors, boring ass fights!

45-60 minutes on one double battle? You're doing it wrong. I can only speak for myself, but I doubt that I'm very unique in this: On GE level IV, I spend well under 10 minutes per double battle, and win nine out of ten times, the remainder being retreats to conserve troops. The same goes for sector battles one or two ages ahead of my own. Including the 30% from the Tavern, my attacking boost is 83/42, meaning that I defeat troops with a much higher boost and/or stats.

Its absurd how the plain units have like 180/160 attack/defense, but with the GB and boosts and buildings they go like 420/280 some crazy crap like that! Its like they are completely different units.

That's the entire point. GBs are supposed to be valuable. They're supposed to have a significant impact. Also, I can't imagine how you would survive, without your 136/91 boost. Be careful what you wish for!

How can you even balance the game when the numbers are so insane? Of course the battles are boring ass crap fests now! Its impossible to balance them like this!

The balance depends on whether the average player has an appropriate chance to win. When it's properly balanced, some will complain that it's much too easy, while others will complain that they keep loosing, that it takes to much time, that the opponents have to large boosts, and that it's unreasonable that they're forced to develop their GBs that far.

The fact that people with opposite preferences are equally unhappy, means that the game isn't unbalanced. What it is, is unbalanced for you. That's a big difference, because it means that the imbalance isn't caused by Inno, but by your gameplay. You need to revamp your strategy. There are two main strategies you can use, and you can focus mainly on one, but you can't completely ignore the other.

Personally, I'd recommend you start fighting a lot more battles, both easy ones and hard ones. Do the GE, and make yourself a nuisance to the neighbors. Take note of how the various units do in various scenarios. Test them by mixing up types of enemy units, terrain, and tactics. Several GE encounters are obviously designed to facilitate learning. In easy battles, you can also test auto fight; the AI handles some units and terrains better than others, and you'll figure out the difference, and when it's safe to auto fight. Once you have a few thousand battles to your name, you'll find that even a large boost difference is less significant than your skill. That's why GBs needs to have significant boosts, in order to make much difference.

The other main strategy is to take advantage of the fact that GBs have large enough boosts to compensate for your lack of skill: Focus heavily on levelling the battle bonus GBs, and make sure you have plenty of troops, so you can afford to loose.

So that we can manually fight several battles, that take no more than 10 minutes, that are more interesting, that are balanced properly and that we can do without needing to have absurd numbers!!!!!!

Like I wrote above, the double battles on GE level IV take me less than ten minutes. The ones where correct troop selection has greatest effect hardly take more time than the units need to move around a bit, and they don't need to move much. If I have an hour, I can easily fight eight battles in a row. Usually it'll just be three or four, though. Taking map sectors require slightly different tactics, as the AI prioritizes differently, but doesn't take more time.

If they were to change the "absurd numbers", that would also mean lower boost advantage to the AI. Battles would end up boring me to death. While the headline "Man Bored to Death by Absurdly Easy Online Game" might be somewhat embarrassing, more importantly, I wouldn't be the only one bored. There are many players who want the challenge of "absurd numbers".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate battle? No way; that's the game and that's the fun.

There's always Pillow Fight Frantics - You can boost your pillows with rocks - LOL!

DeletedUser109475

Hate battle? No way; that's the game and that's the fun.

There's always Pillow Fight Frantics - You can boost your pillows with rocks - LOL!

Yeah but someone will want the rocks to be polystyrene as real rocks are an unfair nerf to those lovely soft pillows.

DeletedUser110433

I am 1 week in AF with a lot less impressive GBs (75/48 for attacks) still managed to do battles only in GE almost until the end off lvl 2, and some good lineups in lvl 3 and even lvl 4.
On the other hand continent map gets hard as hell and i can agree that odds are nutty. I probed this long ago, had checked the %, and decided not to advance in maps. Ok, so i have less expansions but i have loads of medal expansions, and some diamond expansions (guess where GE earned diamonds went). Sad, but wisest strategy is leaving the map for events, since even 3 attack GBs with level 10 on them won`t give you any advantage in AF.

DeletedUser105544

I am 1 week in AF with a lot less impressive GBs (75/48 for attacks) still managed to do battles only in GE almost until the end off lvl 2, and some good lineups in lvl 3 and even lvl 4.
On the other hand continent map gets hard as hell and i can agree that odds are nutty. I probed this long ago, had checked the %, and decided not to advance in maps. Ok, so i have less expansions but i have loads of medal expansions, and some diamond expansions (guess where GE earned diamonds went). Sad, but wisest strategy is leaving the map for events, since even 3 attack GBs with level 10 on them won`t give you any advantage in AF.
What do you mean by no advantage with 90% att/def bonus?

DeletedUser110195

What do you mean by no advantage with 90% att/def bonus?
I'd guess he means that in AF the map AI has bonuses equal to or above that. I don't know as I'm only in colonial pushing industrial provinces, but the unit bonuses of defending armies is going up steadily.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You guys need to understand a few very important things... I have been playing FoE for 2 years now, I'm 3rd in my world, 25,952 battles done, and I can speak from experience that FoE is going worse and worse by each update. This used to be fun and relaxing game. But now Inno only thinks of more ways to cost you real money, nothing else.
They were never open to constructive criticism and always treated players like we were retards :(
1. Advice: in All Ages map, only set 2 plasmas, 2 hovers, 2 arctic drones, and 2 bf's as your defence and no one can take your sector without HUGE loses
2. I have 169 attack /106 defence boost when attacking and I can't finish level 3 GE fighting :)) When I contacted support, some smartass asked me if I know that units have a terrain boost. LOL I asked him if he is insulting me or he is just plain stupid...
3. GE worth doing? In my opinion no. My guild is keeping records what we have won each week... Always the same pattern... So procentage that Inno speaks about is just plain simple: crap. Leveling ToR? Don't be silly guys...
4. GvG fighting. It used to be about procentage. But not anymore. You ALWAYS get different from what you need/want.

DeletedUser110676

Sounds like you should start over in a new world if things are that stagnant for you.