• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Allowing friend invites to guild members

DeletedUser110492

So currently I have 100+ friends, and new people have joined the guild. However because I have reached past 80 friends I cannot send friend requests to guild mates, and neither can they. As it's not worth to delete 30+ active friends who tavern + aid for 1 guild mate. I now in my guild of 9 have 5 people i'm not friends with.

Solution: Allow people to invite guild members to their friends list past the 80 player cap.

Cons: Yes it will be abused by a tiny minority. No it's not a big deal, so a couple of people get one or 2 more friends that they wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

Pros: Allows for a much nicer guild interaction system where I can be friends with guild mates and new guildies that join.

Balance: Do not allow this to exceed current friend cap, however allowing us to add guild mates within that cap I think seems more than reasonable.

Social dynamics: This would be a much nicer social dynamic within guilds if everyone could be friends within your guild. Having half of my guild not on my friends list seems counter-intuitive for a game based around the concept.

Thanks for reading.

Vesiger

Monarch
Why do you want your guildmates to appear on your friends list too? (You already have more in common with the rest of your guild than you do with 'friends'.)
Is it because of tavern aiding?

DeletedUser110295

+1
For tavern aiding & improving community. can always just lift the friend cap from 80 to something else (120 or whatever) to prevent abuse, but only guild members can be added above 80.

DeletedUser

Why do you want your guildmates to appear on your friends list too? (You already have more in common with the rest of your guild than you do with 'friends'.)
Is it because of tavern aiding?
yeah i really don't see the reason why you want to be friend with guild members you can aid them and donate...

DeletedUser100835

Why should it even be an issue. Guildmates should AUTOMATICALLY be "Friends" as far as Tavern Visiting is concerned. For me, already having over 80 Friends, I cannot invite Guildmembers to be my Friend, and some of them also have 80 Friends, so they cannot invite me. So, we Polivate each other, we fight together, we donate to each other's GBs, and we interact with each other - daily; but FoE doesn't consider us "Friends". How sad. How stupid. I concentrated my Friends List to find outsiders who were more advanced than me so I could find GBBP far beyond my Age, so I'd be ready to build them when I advanced to that Age. Now FoE seems to want me to make a choice between my GBBP strategy and helping my Guild-mate's Tavern. I really hope FoE changes their attitude about this, soon.

joesoap

Major-General
we each have access to 3 sets of people & now each set has a unique function, we are allowed to attack our neighbours, we get to trade with our guildmates for free & friends have taverns
to say that guildmates should be the same as friends is the same as saying friends should be like guildmates & we should be allowed to trade with them for free, this game still has an element of strategy & that involves making choices

DeletedUser110195

And that is why I reserve my entire friend list for guildies, every world I play, I sprint for smithing so I can get my friend list filled asap.

can always just lift the friend cap from 80 to something else (120 or whatever) to prevent abuse, but only guild members can be added above 80
This is precisely how abuse would happen. You've hit your 80 friends mark, join guilds until you get 40 or whatever more then go to whatever guild you mean to stay in and let new people add you to the full limit of 140 friends.

DeletedUser110433

There is a difference, this idea advertises FR to guild mates when you have 80 friends already. The one you mentioned lets any guildee sit in your Tavern without being friends.
Still think it is a good idea to ALLOW INVITES to be sent to guildees after 80 limit, but i am definitely against granting auto-permit to guildees, 140 visitors is enough for tavern, 220 is a enormous overkill.

Vesiger

Monarch
To be honest my main objection to the current situation is not that I want vast numbers of friends (in fact I don't want them - doing multiple aid/tavern collections per day takes long enough as it is!) but that I dislike having to 'waste' friends slots in order not to disoblige my junior guildmates.