• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Allow guildmates to sit in your Tavern

Vesiger

Monarch
Proposal: Players should be able to take a seat in the Tavern of any other member of their guild irrespective of whether they happen to be on their friends list or not.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
It has been mentioned several times, and I don't claim authorship of it, but I think it's worth making a formal proposal now that we've seen the next update and the issue still hasn't been addressed.

Reason:
I'm in an eighty-member guild. If I have to accept friends requests from every other member so that we can help each other, I won't be able to send any requests to anyone else at all!
The current implementation has effectively removed the concept of 'friends' as a separate circle of trading partners and reciprocal aid above and beyond your guildmates, since it more or less forces the two to be synonymous.

Details:
The game should treat all members of a guild as automatically being friends with one another for the purposes of tavern visits only, starting when you join a guild (with a possible 24-hour delay) and terminated once you leave that guild.

Visual Aids:
None as yet.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
None as yet.

DeletedUser110195

I think that's why this has been shot down in the past, if they were going to do this they should just increase the friend limit and how many people you can personally invite.

DeletedUser6065

+1
Yes, it is rather ironic that the 'Friends Tavern' in fact works to exclude your friends. Besides guildies already function as super friends, as you don't pay for trades with them and fight with them to advance them and yourself, so why do you have to specially invite them to break bread and sup (mostly sup) in your tavern?

Increasing friend limit is counter productive. Too much time to pol/mot. I personally am not inclined to be that friendly.
. . . mk

Vesiger

Monarch
There's already lots of benefits of having a good guild such as the trades and assistance. The friends tavern should remain for just friends imo. so i say -1
The problem is that in a 'good guild' people tend to want you to assist them in that manner, as in all others - should I refuse to help my guildmates because they have made the miscalculation of actually joining up?

DeletedUser100065

It's not refusing to help guild mates. It's expanding your game beyond the guild. The game is pretty insular and people stick to only dealing with their own guild. Having a place where the whole community can get together and help one another isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Vesiger

Monarch
Which is why I want to be able to retain friend slots beyond the circle of my own guild, instead of having them all taken up by people I relate with on a daily basis anyway:(

DeletedUser653

you always have the choice to invite all 80 guild mates, 80 non guild mates or a mixture of the two. Your suggestion only goes around the limit of inviting 80 friends and for this reason

joesoap

Major-General
the tavern is a feature where every single person playing has exactly the same opportunities, age, score, playing style etc are all irrelevant, players that put the most effort into it will get the most out of it so those that work to get 140 active friends will do better than those that only keep a friend list of 40 which i personally think is good
To bring guilds into it makes it unfair to guilds that choose to be smaller especially if the guild is smaller because of GE & costs etc but a guild that doesn't care about GE can fill it with 80 players therefore their players will have an advantage, i think its bad that guilds that are working together to do their best at a guild based activity should lose out so -1

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
To bring guilds into it makes it unfair to guilds that choose to be smaller especially if the guild is smaller because of GE & costs etc but a guild that doesn't care about GE can fill it with 80 players therefore their players will have an advantage, i think its bad that guilds that are working together to do their best at a guild based activity should lose out so -1
You make the same trade-off where trades are concerned: if you deliberately keep your guild small and exclusive in order to make Guild Expeditions easier, you lose out by having access to fewer free trades. Guilds that choose to be smaller are making a strategic decision.

DeletedUser110312

I think that's why this has been shot down in the past, if they were going to do this they should just increase the friend limit and how many people you can personally invite.

No reason why they can't just double what everything costs in order to allow guild mates into the tavern.. Probably work out better instead of keep deleting your friendslist for more active players

DeletedUser100065

No reason why they can't just double what everything costs in order to allow guild mates into the tavern
Why would it need to be double? I have 2 guildies increasing friends list to 142 isn't doubling so why should i have to pay more for things when others have larger guilds and can't work out how to select their friends more carefully? If you have to keep adding and deleting friends your just not being selective that's no one else's fault.

RT30

Private
+1

Big guild, small guild, what does it matter? These are your guildmates and they should all have access to your tavern.

DeletedUser16126

The restrictions are for everyone. You can have maximum 80 visits a day...
The bigger/stronger guilds will just get again a bigger bonus.
And I'm not looking forward to click more on the close button to close the useless pop-up of the tavern. The 80 times a day I have to do this is more than enough.

RT30

Private
Not sure whether to laugh or cry.
A player chooses to be in a small guild and then complains that larger guilds are not fair?
You choose to buy diamonds and I choose to play without, I suppose that's unfair too?
Life is unfair, you make your choices, life moves on.
A good player has 140 friends; they aid them and visit their tavern every day.
Those with less time or less ambition do what they want.
Trying to improve your play by restricting the play of others is a sad approach to this game.
Get out and enjoy what you have, make the most of what's available, be a positive influence on the game instead of a negative complainer.
(And I play on the PC and on an Android phone and have no useless pop-ups to close, so no idea what you're seeing, sorry if its annoying.)

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
Add some guildies to your friends list if this is a problem. It would allow those in huge guilds to abuse the system and gain way more silver than others and have an unfair advantage.