• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Allow guildmates to sit in your Tavern

DeletedUser100835

Why should it even be an issue. Guildmates should AUTOMATICALLY be "Friends" as far as Tavern Visiting is concerned. For me, already having over 80 Friends, I cannot invite Guildmembers to be my Friend, and some of them also have 80 Friends, so they cannot invite me. So, we Polivate each other, we fight together, we donate to each other's GBs, and we interact with each other - daily; but FoE doesn't consider us "Friends". How sad. How stupid. I concentrated my Friends List to find outsiders who were more advanced than me so I could find GBBP far beyond my Age, so I'd be ready to build them when I advanced to that Age. Now FoE seems to want me to make a choice between my GBBP strategy and helping my Guild-mate's Tavern. I really hope FoE changes their attitude about this, soon.

DeletedUser110195

Maybe what we need is a guild tavern then, GM can upgrade it and clear it like his own friends tavern and buy goods for GE/GvG with guild silver. ;)

DeletedUser

-1 they call it friends tavern for a reason just keep it to friends .

DeletedUser12400

Neighbors can be attacked/plundered; guilds give you access to free trades, GvG and GE; friends give you access to the tavern. What's wrong with it being set up like that? If you really want both your guildies and your friends to have access to your tavern, that's fine by me. But that means you are asking for a lot more people to have tavern access. Presumably if they granted it, then they would keep things in balance by either making the tavern items cost more, or by reducing the coin you get per visitor. I'm just asking: would that be an acceptable price to pay?

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
I think if you want guildies at your tavern then add them to your friends list, the tavern is a bonus in the game, why ask for it to be broadened to give access to abuse, asking for more is being greedy. The only thing I think can be implemented is further upgrades to make the table bigger.

DeletedUser110195

I think if you want guildies at your tavern then add them to your friends list, the tavern is a bonus in the game, why ask for it to be broadened to give access to abuse, asking for more is being greedy. The only thing I think can be implemented is further upgrades to make the table bigger.
Yeah I think I'd like an 80 chair table....maybe we can get a disco floor upgrade along with a rainbow patterned tablecloth.

If we see anything done with the tavern it should be something useful to do with silver, and maybe being able to unlock more than one bonus with silver. After that, some kind of utility upgrade might be nice, but more silver is just not needed. It feels like it is while you're upgrading but it's really not.

DeletedUser12400

Neighbors can be attacked/plundered; guilds give you access to free trades, GvG and GE; friends give you access to the tavern. What's wrong with it being set up like that? If you really want both your guildies and your friends to have access to your tavern, that's fine by me. But that means you are asking for a lot more people to have tavern access. Presumably if they granted it, then they would keep things in balance by either making the tavern items cost more, or by reducing the coin you get per visitor. I'm just asking: would that be an acceptable price to pay?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103370

+1
This has nothing to do with guild size. It's simply the fact, that now if you want to be able to visit your guild-mates' taverns, you need to get them to your friend list too. How stupid is that? We already have a limited list, and it's not too big. Now you must have your guild-mates in your friend list too, taking up precious space.

+1 or some other implementation to redress the fact that a player is effectively penalised for putting guild members in their friends list, assuming they even have the spare capacity.

As others have said, there are advantages to having a guild mate and there are advantages to having a friend. Since there is no readily-available way to mass-message your friends list (e.g. when saying you have a GB started or nearly completed with spare contribution slots) it is tempting to want guild mates to be friends and vice-versa. (OTOH, having the two seperated helps avoid tight cliques and keeps the game open a bit more.)

At the moment, there is a problem which needs addressing but exactly how is not clear. If guild mates AND friends can all sit in a tavern, that would have to be balanced by increasing costs of tavern upgrade and costs in the tavern shop, for those who keep the two entirely seperate.

Perhaps a better solution is to offer something extra for friends who are also guild mates. Such as tavern silver when polishing/motivating or an extra guild point each time.

Last edited: