• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ability to cancel a running boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser107616

PROPOSAL : Allow us to cancel a BOOST
cancel boost.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
+1

I would love that. However given the production quests are "complete" and not "activate" it may be necessary to only allow it when both boosts are activated, and only one to be cancelled

Edit: change that to a -1 unless there are restrictions in place to balance it

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
Yes. But what I'm saying is the way quests handle productions is the complete opposite from the way it handles boosts in the tavern

Production quests require the completion of something. Tavern quests merely require starting something

Cancelling a production and re-setting doesn't immediately complete your quest. Doing so on a tavern boost would. That is why for abuse prevention it'd likely only be if both boosts are already activated and only one be de-activated, so each time would require diamonds.

DeletedUser96901

I like to attack people at exact the time when their city shield runs out
if they could cancel it at any time (and start another) I can't do that anymore

Emberguard

Legend
Then we'd have to make it so a specific cancelled production boost cannot be re-activated until the amount of time has passed as it would have had left. That the new activated boost would have to be completely different from the cancelled one

Last edited:

DeletedUser107616

I like to attack people at exact the time when their city shield runs out
if they could cancel it at any time (and start another) I can't do that anymore
WHAT? why would anyone cancel a city shield & then start it again
and if someone DOES have city shield and IS able to cancel it (my idea) then YOU COULD ATTACK...

Emberguard

Legend
If you could cancel the shield you wouldn't have to wait for it to end before resetting the timer is what they're saying. So it'd be indefinitely up with no chance of mistiming coming back online.

Unless of course there was a restriction on how quickly you could put the same boost back up if cancelled.

DeletedUser96901

why would anyone cancel a city shield & then start it again
because he is smart

shield ends at 12:00. everybody can see that and could attack at the second it ends
(and an attack needs only seconds: click attack. click autobattle. done)

smart player: ends it at 11:57 and starts it again
nobody has the chance to attack at that second

(or maybe he knows he wouldn't be in the game and can cancel and start it at 10:00)

and if someone DOES have city shield and IS able to cancel it (my idea) then YOU COULD ATTACK...
no I can't because the next one is running

DeletedUser107616

Then we'd have to make it so a specific cancelled production boost cannot be re-activated until the amount of time has passed as it would have had left. That the new activated boost would have to be completely different from the cancelled one
?
if the +20% coin boost was activated then 20 minutes later canceled, all you lose is the 200 tavern silver, nothing else is affected.

If you could cancel the shield you wouldn't have to wait for it to end before resetting the timer is what they're saying. So it'd be indefinitely up with no chance of mistiming coming back online.
what's the problem with that ?
who gets 8k silver every day ? - that's the amount needed for constant city shield activated every 3 days...their silver will run out, then they can be attacked

so this interferes with city attacker ? so what, who cares...

so if a 72h city shield is canceled at 68h & then started again, there's not enough time for someone to attack ? whoop-de-frikin-do
who sits there staring at the screen waiting to be able to attack someone ?
right now anyone could just start another city shield just after the other starts

the ability to cancel a boost is not JUST about the city shield....

DeletedUser96901

right now anyone could just start another city shield just after the other starts
and right now every neighbor can see exactly at what second the city shield ends

who sits there staring at the screen waiting to be able to attack someone ?
you really need to improve your FoE skills

when the top guy always attack but hide behind the shield I set a timer a few minutes before his shield ends

who gets 8k silver every day ?
I don't know how much I get

but I have 3,7M at the moment
that would be more than one year city shield (but I am not a coward who uses it)

DeletedUser107616

no I can't because the next one is running
what "next one" your believing there will ALWAYS be a next one ? so EVERYONE will be starting it again ? - they would soon run out of silver
read my quote again...if it's canceled and NOT started again there WON'T be a city shield - it's like your assuming everyone else but you will have the city shield...

If the shield is running and has 50h to go, and a quest asks for a boost or 2 to be activated, the person can cancel the shield & activate something else like a coin boost or 15min extra turn - then their city will be unprotected.
how many people in your hood have city shield EVERYDAY? any ?
and how many have city shield regularly?, 2% in every world...3%, I can't believe your worrying about so few, chances are you won't even come across a player with 24/7 shielding, and if you do their silver will run out soon enough - and then you can get all excited attacking them...

DeletedUser96901

what "next one" your believing there will ALWAYS be a next one ?
in the 2 weeks he is in my hood: sure

so EVERYONE will be starting it again ? -
I don't care about everyone

I want to catch the coward who attacks but hide behind his shield

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...n-city-shield-when-attacking-neighbors.34446/

they would soon run out of silver
read my quote again
read my quote

3.7 million silver. when would I run out of silver ?
in 2, 3 or 5 years ?
(and with really active 140 friends you can make 8k tavern silver a day)

btw:
your idea makes it much easier for those guys hiding behind a shield

currently: because if they have to activate 3 boosts for a quest he can do 3 times 1 day city shield (needs at least 2 days)
or 2 times the 15 minutes boost (1500 extra GE turn) and then the shield. 30 minutes open to attack him at a time everybody can see when the previous city shield is running
and that also costs him 3000 silver

your idea: activate the cheap 200 coin boost (4h). cancel it. do it again. cancel it. city shield. cost him 400 silver for 2 coin boosts and open to be attacked: about 10 seconds to attack but I don't know when because he canceled the last city shield

and how many have city shield regularly?, 2% in every world...3%, I can't believe your worrying about so few
I worry about the 0,01% who attacks me and cowardly hide behind a city shield

DeletedUser107616

(but I am not a coward who uses it)
"coward" ? this is a game :lol:
but you hide behind a screen name...what does that make you?
so people who use city shield are cowards? you must be one of those people who confuse games with reality...
I've only used the shield like 3 times in just 1 of 4 worlds - my least favorite world, you talk about skills & strategy, it would be stupid to not use the shield if you had it and was being attacked by a player 2 or 3 ages above you.
"FoE skills" what skills? clicking & collecting - I prefer real life skills

DeletedUser96901

but you hide behind a screen name...what does that make you?
if I tell your real name and not mine what does that make me ?

terrible comparison
because ALL in the forum behind a screen name

so people who use city shield are cowards?
yes if they attack neighbors from behind the city shield

because they are not man enough to handle the reaction :rolleyes:

what would you be if you slap the neighbors in the face and when he is going to do that to you you hide behind your wife ?

it would be stupid to not use the shield if you had it and was being attacked by a player 2 or 3 ages above you.
and it would be cowardly if you attack and plunder him from behind your city shield

what does that make you?
what does you not being able to plan your boosts during events make you ?

DeletedUser107616

if I tell your real name and not mine what does that make me ?

terrible comparison
because ALL in the forum behind a screen name
"if I tell your real name and not mine what does that make me" WHAT, this is nonsensical...

I meant hiding behind a screen name and TROLLING around

also someone told me you once played on the BRAZIL server, so why you on EN server/forum ?

after returning to the forum after 1.5 years i unblocked people.. congrats, you are now blocked again

yep after refresh, the post looks so much better without you.:P

DeletedUser96901

also someone told me you once played on the BRAZIL server
really ?
someone on the brazil server uses my en-forum name ?
weird.

but I am not playing on brazil server
and almost nobody knows on which server I play
(only one person from Innogames who needed to know it to send me my forum win to my account, but I think he won't tell it to somebody else)

so everybody who tells you something from me is lying

so why you on EN server/forum ?
why not ?

DeletedUser112745

For reasons pointed out above plus it would potentially hurt diamond sales in the tavern:
  • Activate coin boost
  • Collect coins
  • Cancel coin boost
  • Activate supply boost
  • Collect supplies
  • Cancel boost
  • Activate attacker boost
Makes the second slot unlockable with diamonds obsolete. I’d also consider the above use of such a feature to be a form of making the game easier/player richer, which are “do not suggest” criteria.
Also, because the devs need sales to cover the costs of maintaining the game as well as pay their wages, I seriously doubt this suggestion will get the dev’s approval. Personal opinion. :)

Emberguard

Legend
For reasons pointed out above plus it would potentially hurt diamond sales in the tavern:

What if the second slot could only be cancelled and that boost (and the other two like it) would be unable to be re-activated until the timer that they had would of finished.

That way each and every time you want to cancel it costs 50 diamonds to do so and you wouldn't be able to keep using the same boost each time

Status
Not open for further replies.