• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.05 discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser13805

there are loads of people from our guild me included who are having lags problems and silly issues when battling like when you hit an opponent the damage shows on the pic at the bottom before the hit takes place. absolutely the worse update and for what ? smoke ? can you guys simply remove the update and put us back to normal ?

DeletedUser276

the update had a ton of bug fixes for previous things as well. Not just smoke. Think... big picture ;)

Nilopertiso

Corporal
there are loads of people from our guild me included who are having lags problems and silly issues when battling like when you hit an opponent the damage shows on the pic at the bottom before the hit takes place. absolutely the worse update and for what ? smoke ? can you guys simply remove the update and put us back to normal ?

Ah, so it isn't just me seeing this then! I thought maybe my internet had been hooped for days or my comp was struggling (decent spec though..) however it would appear to do with the update then, however I don't get how the smoke effects the battlefield part..

DeletedUser276

hi blacksmith any possible ETA on this ? thanks for any info

I have been told 1.06 update. But I am fairly sure due to the amount of people this is affecting we will get a hot fix before then.

Ah, so it isn't just me seeing this then! I thought maybe my internet had been hooped for days or my comp was struggling (decent spec though..) however it would appear to do with the update then, however I don't get how the smoke effects the battlefield part..

Its kinda like an echo thing. It loads up your flash memory and when you go to battle the flash goes OH NO NOT MORE!!!!.

Amy Steele

General
I have been told 1.06 update. But I am fairly sure due to the amount of people this is affecting we will get a hot fix before then.
I certainly hope so. It's starting to bug me and I don't even PvP, just fight for a couple of sectors a day... it is excruciatingly slow at the moment.

DeletedUser276

yeah sorry amy. Doing my best. I will poke them a bit to see if they stir.

DeletedUser7719

I'm gonna 1-day everything until the fix is up. Careless about my cities. I hope this becomes a hot-fix.

FenTigress

Private
Glad to know it's not just me having to refresh my browser every few minutes. I have all the animations turned off too! The battles are incredibly slow and annoying with their confusingly messed up health bars.
I'm beginning to think the animation was faster on my old ZX81 than this game lately! (If you don't know what a ZX81 is, ask your parents. :D )
I'd gladly have no people walking the streets and no smoke or any of that rubbish bloating our straining flash players, and actually have the basic battles and gameplay functions working properly and smoothly and fast instead.

DeletedUser16160

Couldn't agree more FenTigress, this is an awful update, it's making the game almost unplayable it's that slow.

On the plus side I'm spending much less time on the game now. Thanks Inno I'm sure I'll be able to quit the game soon (plenty of my guildmates already have) and get my life back, lol.

DeletedUser

actually i kind of like the seeing-into-the-future of battles now. u get to know which unit die b4 u see its actual death... awesome... but yeah, this is classified as "lag" in this age of year 2013... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser4906

It's sooooooo slooooooooowwww, more lag than the Laggers' Laggin' in this years Lagging Contest in Lagtown!

I guess the Hot-Fixes are totally Pony!:p

DeletedUser5514

Ive noticed exactly the same... many, many players have stoped playing or reduced theyre time online in this game.

Couldn't agree more FenTigress, this is an awful update, it's making the game almost unplayable it's that slow.

On the plus side I'm spending much less time on the game now. Thanks Inno I'm sure I'll be able to quit the game soon (plenty of my guildmates already have) and get my life back, lol.

DeletedUser1983

i used to score 500 battles a week, this week i have done only about 300 odd.. thanks to the amazing update and the heavenly hotfixes.

DeletedUser

thanks Blacksmith for the reply and pushing inno for a hotfix ,, am hoping this happens in the nexted few days other wise am off elsewhere as am a pure pvp person and the fact that most of the quests are nearly the same because have done all the research,, am mostly on pvp more so its abit of a drag for me now its like playing a spectrum game.

DeletedUser1983

What changed after 1.05 update?

if you have bronze age buildings, your city will look very beautiful with the extra bit of smoke coming out of your buildings, however since the game is a memory hog, you will keep your animations off for the most part, so yes a lot has changed after 1.05 to make the game a lot more aesthetic and enjoyable with the extra, redundant smoke.

DeletedUser3157

I mean did it went slower? It's been slower than usual for me for weeks, so I haven't noticed any particular change after 1.05.

FenTigress

Private
I mean did it went slower? It's been slower than usual for me for weeks, so I haven't noticed any particular change after 1.05.

Yeah, it's been slow-ish again ever since it dropped the beta tag. But since this latest update it's been pants! The first battle is normal, the second is OK, by your third it looks like your units are wading through tar when they move.
I'd like to know exactly what this update actually did, apart from virtually kill the playability of the pvps and moving between cities to motivate friends/guild. It doesn't leave a lot left to do!
I'm finding less and less time to play this now, so I might have to just set everything to 1-day collections and go back to my real life instead. Shock! Horror! :rolleyes: :D