• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.05 discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Smoke.

Yep, that's what we've all been waiting for. :mad:

(The new look road is interesting though :D - 2x2?)

DeletedUser2029

[SARCASM]

Oh boy! Smoke across the ages! Yes!

[/SARCASM]

DeletedUser9019

Hmm, two-lane streets? They better give some huge bonus :)

DeletedUser7719

Is this for Progressive? Why is the roads our only hint? (Could of added those art gifts from the easter event...)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I'm guessing the road is for progressive - like the look of the little cars too - I wonder if they will travel across the rooftops like the little people do? They'll get lost in all the smoke!

I'm so glad the devs spend their precious time producing these animations; they make the game so much more challenging! I wonder who sets the priorities for development - I'd like to shake them firmly by the hand (or neck! :rolleyes:).

DeletedUser

Hmm the roads width are now doubled. Does this mean that we will get a larger amount of expansions this era or will the buildings be more effective? How will I now fit 17 military buildings into my city if the roads will take so much more space? :p

DeletedUser11540

THe road sparks my interest, but I wonder what benefits It'll bring other than happiness. If just happiness than I'd rather stick with paved lane

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
the roads will take so much more space?

Depending on how much happiness they give per square, it might be easier to stick with 1x1 roads. I quite enjoy the challenge of laying out a city in the most effective way I can, but a 2x2 road will use up 4 times the space. 7 of these road segments would use up more extra space than a water pumping station - and of course, they can't be polished. They'd have to be worth a lot to make it worthwhile switching.

An interesting development though (when it finally arrives). In the meantime, the devs are working on making the trees blow in the breeze. :cool:

Last edited:

DeletedUser1983

I echo everyone's opinion here. I feel that instead of working on these minor things such as smoke animations, we all are eagerly waiting for Progressive Era and the Guild Wars... Many people are getting bored with being stuck at the end of InA for almost 3 months now.... The FP packs in my inventory are probably enough to finish Progressive Era the same day it's released, so if it's delayed further, people like me might get bored again too soon and might start demanding more... :-(

DeletedUser4906

If it's like Guild Wars then maybe, just maybe Winter 2018.:p

DeletedUser6065

Is this for Progressive? Why is the roads our only hint? (Could of added those art gifts from the easter event...)
I'm holding out for the Zeppelin, as happiness. (and NOT diamond only! They've got enough) . . . . . . . mk

DeletedUser276

I'm so glad the devs spend their precious time producing these animations; they make the game so much more challenging! I wonder who sets the priorities for development - I'd like to shake them firmly by the hand (or neck! :rolleyes:).

I will pass that along that you want more graphics and less coding :) by the way the graphics are just a plop and zoom where as the coding takes much more work by different groups of people than the graphics. Its also showing you that the next age is almost released.... but your not paying attention to the hint that its almost out... just stuck in your world of gimme gimme gimme... *kicks Praeceptor in the backside) :P

DeletedUser3157

2x2 roads seem like an interesting shift, nice game changer in town design art.

DeletedUser

Appreciating the work of the devs and encouraging the to keep on forging this game, i know they have allot of problems with guild wars but there are people here who still encourage them and believe in their skills!

Forge On !

DeletedUser7223

If we have 2x2 roads , its not more expansions we need , it will be more land . Even if (Tar) roads give us lots of happiness , there's no point if we have a city with just 20 -40 buildings and a lot of road . Will look like a cartoon city .

Amy Steele

General
Wider roads seem like a natural progression to me... good of the devs to give us a little advance notice... ;)
*starts rethinking her city design to make it more flexible* :p

Oh! Let's not forget...
  • Mail recipients did not receive new replies after the initial message was deleted from the inbox. This behaviour has now been changed.
  • The current bonus given by "last stand" or "chivalry" is now displayed in the unit's tooltip
  • The Last Stand bonus was counting for every unit. This problem has been solved.

Nice one Inno - I'm not in Industrial yet, but good to know these bugs have been fixed before I get there, and the mail system change will help keep my inbox a lot tidier. Thank you :)