• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Sir K.

Private
So? I am a customer. I give feedback. You gave your feedback as well. What is feedback in telling me I miss the point and take it personal? How is it not personal when I am quoted or even told I am not allowed to react?
The thing is, you are overly present in so many threads. In a discussion thread I’d say, have at it. But when it’s about feedback to Inno it would suit you if you’d change your behavior and be more modest, leave room for others to express freely how they see things without hammering them down instantly. I’m 100% sure Inno is aware of your position by now. But it should also be valuable to them to hear other people’s perceptions. And you continuously get in the way of that as your responses kill every discussion amongst other ‘customers’, as you call it. Your contributions are negative and you are only in the business of playing Whackamole to opinions that differ from yours. From the issues in posts brought up you single out what you disagree on and respond to that, instead of also singling out good ideas, be supportive of that and start a constructive conversation. As you clearly lack the decency to stop being disruptive yourself when people nicely ask you to, it would be beneficial to Inno and a relief to users like me if the mods would stop you from spilling your negativity on every issue brought up here.

Malynn

Corporal
As I have said previously. I like the changes to GbG, they are a big improvement on the previous version. However, we have now played several campaigns (seasons or whatever you want to call them) and I have come to realise that the net result is. Due to the change in attrition settings and accumulating attrition much quicker than with the previous version of GbG. I am actually playing and spending less time in FoE every day than I used to. Simply because there is nothing left to do in game. (I usually get my attrition to 100 or over daily).

Agent327

Overlord
Due to the change in attrition settings and accumulating attrition much quicker than with the previous version of GbG. I am actually playing and spending less time in FoE every day than I used to. Simply because there is nothing left to do in game. (I usually get my attrition to 100 or over daily).

My Guild keeps going up and down between Diamond and Platinum. On average 2 seasons Diamond, followed by one season Platinum. Not on purpose, but because we are just not the top. Nothing has changed there. In Platinum we dominate, in Diamond we struggle, but this time I can do way more fights in Diamond. Less in Platinum ofcourse, but on average I am doing significant more than before and that is mainly cause we can no longer get boxed in in Diamond anymore. So I wonder, is it only attrition, or is your Guild a factor in it as well?

Sir K.

Private
As I have said previously. I like the changes to GbG, they are a big improvement on the previous version. However, we have now played several campaigns (seasons or whatever you want to call them) and I have come to realise that the net result is. Due to the change in attrition settings and accumulating attrition much quicker than with the previous version of GbG. I am actually playing and spending less time in FoE every day than I used to. Simply because there is nothing left to do in game. (I usually get my attrition to 100 or over daily).
I agree, the new version of GBG is more fun the previous one. Especially the new buildings which give us new strategic possibilities and the Championship format are an improvement. But you're right, this draft of GBG still needs some tweaking. Hopefully mods will pick some things up form posts earlier this week.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I agree, the new version of GBG is more fun the previous one. Especially the new buildings which give us new strategic possibilities and the Championship format are an improvement. But you're right, this draft of GBG still needs some tweaking. Hopefully mods will pick some things up form posts earlier this week.
its hardly fun, its crippled big hitters and made weaker players feel they can compete with the big hitters.
its like fly weights being able to beat heavy weights it just shouldnt happen yet it is now
why do weak players need to have help ? the idea is grow and get stronger and then try to compete, not change the game so that weak players dont have to do the hard work needed.

Sir K.

Private
It sucks if these changes take away the fun for you. As some people enjoy certain changes and think of them as improvements, there's always a number of people who feel they got the wrong end of the bargain. I suppose that's why it's important that all speak up here about it. And pray that Inno makes wise choices and keeps tweaking the current format. I have good hopes as no one might expect a completely new setup to be finished 6 months after the release in Beta. So at Inno they're probably aware some work needs to be done.

On my world the most pressing problem is now the faulty matchmaking. Earlier posts from Kev and Xats give an in dept breakdown of that. But in short: there's 2 strong guilds on our world, and it looks like the one who is matched up with the weakest opponents over 6 rounds will win the championship. I hope the suggestions for improvements from Kev and Xats will be reviewed, because there's more that needs fixing. But if nothing changes, the whole championship ánd ranking will continue to be a farce.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
It sucks if these changes take away the fun for you. As some people enjoy certain changes and think of them as improvements, there's always a number of people who feel they got the wrong end of the bargain. I suppose that's why it's important that all speak up here about it. And pray that Inno makes wise choices and keeps tweaking the current format. I have good hopes as no one might expect a completely new setup to be finished 6 months after the release in Beta. So at Inno they're probably aware some work needs to be done.

On my world the most pressing problem is now the faulty matchmaking. Earlier posts from Kev and Xats give an in dept breakdown of that. But in short: there's 2 strong guilds on our world, and it looks like the one who is matched up with the weakest opponents over 6 rounds will win the championship. I hope the suggestions for improvements from Kev and Xats will be reviewed, because there's more that needs fixing. But if nothing changes, the whole championship ánd ranking will continue to be a farce.
your right it does suck
i have just broken into the centre as 2 guilds are working together to try to make sure they get 1st and 2nd for the fragments we are clearly the 2nd strongest in this map but having 2 guilds against us, there mission is the strong guild pin us down while the weak guild can mop up without losing sectors and it is now starting to strip us down, on the points !!!!!!!!!
in the old way of playing i would be let loose and take all the sectors i could with ease but now i have to sit and watch helpless with sectors ready to attack but i can not do anything as my attr is sky high 130
this game sucks big time, and i think my protest will be i will quit playing for any guild and just play on my own where it doesnt matter anymore i can still make the same points for myself from doing 130 attr as i would in any guild, the fragments will not matter either so there will be no point in playing for a guild
leave it for the weaker players to enjoyi could always join up with the strongest guilds but i refuse to ever play there way so i will sit it out i think as i give up trying to fight hard and play as fair as i can as in this game it stinks

Sir K.

Private
your right it does suck
i have just broken into the centre as 2 guilds are working together to try to make sure they get 1st and 2nd for the fragments we are clearly the 2nd strongest in this map but having 2 guilds against us, there mission is the strong guild pin us down while the weak guild can mop up without losing sectors and it is now starting to strip us down, on the points !!!!!!!!!
in the old way of playing i would be let loose and take all the sectors i could with ease but now i have to sit and watch helpless with sectors ready to attack but i can not do anything as my attr is sky high 130
this game sucks big time, and i think my protest will be i will quit playing for any guild and just play on my own where it doesnt matter anymore i can still make the same points for myself from doing 130 attr as i would in any guild, the fragments will not matter either so there will be no point in playing for a guild
leave it for the weaker players to enjoyi could always join up with the strongest guilds but i refuse to ever play there way so i will sit it out i think as i give up trying to fight hard and play as fair as i can as in this game it stinks
That's hard mate, when alliances are formed it changes the dynamics on the map completely. But I hope you don't mind me saying it: this is exactly what I *do* like about the setup of a championship. You will probably loose this battle, but in 11 days starts a new round and your guild has a new chance to be top dog and win most fragments. There's plenty to go around, even if you loose one round. Our guild won every round last time and we all have lvl2 towers and a bunch of unused frags. Good luck buddy.

Kev-

Private
Quite interesting how the whole idea was levelling up and more and more even those that initially liked the Idea are now seeing it for what it is a unmitigated disaster. Right back to the Beta trial and from the start on here there was a lot of the Guys who actually play the game that we're warning from day one what is coming to pass was on the horizon. The infamous Poll inno ignored was by a decent majority against the changes yet ignored. When and if will we get some feedback from Inno I wonder or will all the neighsayers on here be ignored like the ones in the Poll?
Don't say you weren't warned Inno that your changes would make the strong stronger weak weaker, footfall would drop as guys we're burnt within a hour so no reason to be in game the final stage will be revenues dropping and then maybe the reset button may be pressed but will it be too late?
How many more Guilds need to merge to compete how many more people need to leave the game before someone stands up and makes changes?

Some of the changes are positive but to work building costs need to be reduced, build times need to be reduced, the attrition cap needs to be raised and above all the match up issue needs to be addressed not ignored. If you don't the smaller Guilds have Zero chance and you'll see more and more leaderboards like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-21 194230.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-21 194230.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 49

Vesiger

Monarch
its hardly fun, its crippled big hitters and made weaker players feel they can compete with the big hitters.
its like fly weights being able to beat heavy weights it just shouldnt happen yet it is now
why do weak players need to have help ? the idea is grow and get stronger and then try to compete, not change the game so that weak players dont have to do the hard work needed.
And yet we also have people announcing in this very same thread (e.g. "Don't say you weren't warned Inno that your changes would make the strong stronger weak weaker") that the change in format has made it a game for big players only in which nobody else can any longer have a hope of competing - if you are getting criticised from both sides simultaneously in opposite terms, this is generally held to be a sign that you must be doing something right ;)

Kev-

Private
On P we're classed as big hitters and our compaint is we now have Zero comp because the smaller Guilds are weakend to such a extent hence the leaderboard screenshot above........... some of us actually want a competative round where all join in but these are becoming less and less frequent. The medium Guilds that used to do a bit now sit back hoping to be demoted and get a round where they're matched with peers and can compete.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Don't you think that is how GBG was intended to be? A Guild effort and not one man taking all sectors? Seems they have fixed that now.
some fix ? being pinned down by one guild and there partner hiding away behind them trying to steal 2nd spot from us, and i can only sit back and watch it happen, in the old way i would of scored so heavy even 2 guilds against 1 wouldnt work unless there high guilds, so how is it fixed ? as the same cheating is going on but now i can not do anything about it

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
And yet we also have people announcing in this very same thread (e.g. "Don't say you weren't warned Inno that your changes would make the strong stronger weak weaker") that the change in format has made it a game for big players only in which nobody else can any longer have a hope of competing - if you are getting criticised from both sides simultaneously in opposite terms, this is generally held to be a sign that you must be doing something right ;)
the strong guilds are the top guilds who dominate maybe about 4 guilds, then we have the rest who can dominate in lower leagues but end up pinned down once they move up in class,
i dont see that has changed at all, the strong will get much stronger as they will win all the fragments those who dont win fragments will in time get weaker

as for the game play its crap if your a fighter used to smashing the maps and now you can not do so
you can not fight 2 guilds at once anymore when 2 guild gang up they succeed now as i can not do endless fights to counter them
i have loved being in small guilds as you dont have to put up with jumped up little dictators who believe there guild is the bees knees they drive me nuts with there stupid rules which they enjoy trying to enforce
hence i never play in big guilds and i enjoy being on the outside were i can cause so much damage
but i can not do that anymore thanks only to these changes
but i have enjoyed my time in the old way of playing and its so frustrating now. but having been around since the game was first started give or take a month or 2, i have seen all the changes in the game
when inno makes changes they just do it no matter what impact it has on its players, all this has done is made weaker players better than they are because the strong players are now handicaped.

some fix ? being pinned down by one guild and there partner hiding away behind them trying to steal 2nd spot from us, and i can only sit back and watch it happen, in the old way i would of scored so heavy even 2 guilds against 1 wouldnt work unless there high guilds, so how is it fixed ? as the same cheating is going on but now i can not do anything about it
Sounds like what we're doing this season. We're on top of the board, and we block a guild to let a weaker guild gain points.
How is that "cheating"? I'd called it tactically smart. We help a weaker guild to get a top position on the board.

NoblePaul17

Private
DESYSETE with your last post you have now proven to Inno that the changes they made were correct in almost every way, I still dont agree that the ranking sytem is correct though.
Even under the Old GbG system guilds would have an alliance, and try to stop the top guilds, this has been the way since the beginning even in GvG where it first started.
And as for the Big guilds getting stronger and the small guilds getting weaker, lets put this in its correct prospective, Yes its natural for big guilds to get stronger there;s more members to do more actions, and the small guilds are not getting weaker, they are just not getting stronger as fast as the big guilds are.
And as for the game being "Crap" if you were a fighter use to smashing the map under the old rules, well I was one of those players, but that was then and now I like the changes, being in one of those "big" guilds you hate so much I see the smaller members growing faster and with that I get even more of what I need as well, and Yes our guild kicks the butt of you small guilds, but in rectrospect when we are matched up with alot of weak smaller guilds our "jumped up little dictators" go out of there way to help them, it to our benifit to do so.
And as a strong player if I am starting to fall behind it comes down to one simple rule :- Adapt and Overcome.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Sounds like what we're doing this season. We're on top of the board, and we block a guild to let a weaker guild gain points.
How is that "cheating"? I'd called it tactically smart. We help a weaker guild to get a top position on the board.
you are robbing another guild who are working hard trying to win there 2nd spot, the weaker guild wouldnt have a look in and rightly so
the idea is each guild competes and the better ones win, you are rigging the result which is cheating,
i am sick of it big time, you would never be able to do it in the old way of playing, as players like me would be able to take sector after sector
now i might as well just open up a 1 man guild and not bother with gbg its not a competition at all just a bunch of cheats rigging results sounds like your guild is the same as the ones we are facing today, kept us pinned down and let this weak guild into the centre for the bigger points and of course we will end up knocked out of 2nd spot
tell me what is the point in guilds even trying to compete if nerds like you think its ok to cheat them out of what should be the real result ?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
DESYSETE with your last post you have now proven to Inno that the changes they made were correct in almost every way, I still dont agree that the ranking sytem is correct though.
Even under the Old GbG system guilds would have an alliance, and try to stop the top guilds, this has been the way since the beginning even in GvG where it first started.
And as for the Big guilds getting stronger and the small guilds getting weaker, lets put this in its correct prospective, Yes its natural for big guilds to get stronger there;s more members to do more actions, and the small guilds are not getting weaker, they are just not getting stronger as fast as the big guilds are.
And as for the game being "Crap" if you were a fighter use to smashing the map under the old rules, well I was one of those players, but that was then and now I like the changes, being in one of those "big" guilds you hate so much I see the smaller members growing faster and with that I get even more of what I need as well, and Yes our guild kicks the butt of you small guilds, but in rectrospect when we are matched up with alot of weak smaller guilds our "jumped up little dictators" go out of there way to help them, it to our benifit to do so.
And as a strong player if I am starting to fall behind it comes down to one simple rule :- Adapt and Overcome.
total bull crap big guilds will gain for there members all the fragments for these new buildings, which in turn will make all there players stats much stronger, in a year from now the big guilds and there weakest players will have stats that the rest of us will never get
the only way to keep up would be to spend out big money to buy event buildings and as much as i love winning i am not daft enough to spend big bucks like nerds do
can you believe these nerds even spend money like water on gems to boost up the sectors ? if that is what you call winning or being a champ i think i would pass
stick on your big guilds as i doubt you could handle fighting outside of there protections
i have lost all interest in this crazy game, i know what i have done over all these years as a fighter and a fair one at that. i dont and wont rob anyone of there hard work and efforts they put in
but to handicap fighters is just nuts now only strong guilds will dominate and the weak ones with only a few fighters will have to either give up with gbg or just stick to lower leagues and forget the race for fragments as they will never get them
its great for big guilds and those with more than a handful of fighters so i guess they have made some very happy

Agent327

Overlord

To start with, it isn't cheating and you are not supposed to do anything about it. Your Guild is.