• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Era-Trolls . . . do you hate such play?

Agent327

Overlord
How many people know why people - hit, kill, rape, blow something up, cheat on their partners, shoot up a school, be racist, or are simply incapable of knowing what the word literally actually means...?

If someone said "who farted" - are you going to say "he who smelt it, dealt it"
how old are you?

All you do is make assumptions

The title > Era-Trolls . . . do you hate such play?
I don't hate them, they just annoy me sometimes - what I do hate, is the worst thing ever created on this planet - RELIGION

No pictures with it this time?

DeletedUser

I don't know how FoE is advertised in any country other than GB where it is being touted as a "City Builder". Most likely, it will be the same format trotted out throughout the World and, if so is directly responsible for Noobs being misled into believing that everything here is all lovey-dovey, pretty flowers and peaceful interaction. If this is in fact the case then the ingenues really should complain to Inno and refrain from whining at us, the Players who are not so foolish as to believe in the veracity of adverts.
In the meantime may I suggest a solution to the repeatedly raised matter of whiners wasting our time?
Do not respond to these poor, benighted and tortured souls, boycott all "I'm being bullied" Posts. Simply ignore the fools and let them get on with things and sort it out for themselves; no responses, no well intentioned advice just...silence.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
It is rather obvious you have a lot of bully experience. You exactly know how they think and what they feel. That can only come from being a bully, so I just wonder what made you do it.

But there are two possibilities, not one, if he "exactly knows what they think and what they feel" --
He is possibly Moriarty, or perhaps he is Sherlock Holmes.

DeletedUser100133

We are starting to drift from the topic. The topic is era-trolling, so let's have a look at some of the solution you have suggested. The first suggestion is already hard printed into the rules and we do have a report system for that. The second solution could work, but how long you have been in an era, does not determine if they can get past your defence units to plunder you, it goes on the battling factor such at their attack and defence and what units they are using. The third solution could lead to more player been plundered by the same player, which could then be accused of more bullying. To change the fourth solution you would have to change the 24-hour attack system as having the ability to plunder a player works alongside the PVP system.

Your suggestion is well thought out but first, you got to look at different what does player define as bullying and how to put systems in place that does not overrule players free will. Anyone got any thought's on how the solution could be altered or improved to fit into the system or how to persuade player not to stop in the same era for a long period of time?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
We are starting to drift from the topic. The topic is era-trolling, so let's have a look at some of the solution you have suggested. The first suggestion is already hard printed into the rules and we do have a report system for that. The second solution could work, but how long you have been in an era, does not determine if they can get past your defence units to plunder you, it goes on the battling factor such at their attack and defence and what units they are using. The third solution could lead to more player been plundered by the same player, which could then be accused of more bullying. To change the fourth solution you would have to change the 24-hour attack system as having the ability to plunder a player works alongside the PVP system.

Your suggestion is well thought out but first, you got to look at different what does player define as bullying and how to put systems in place that does not overrule players free will. Anyone got any thought's on how the solution could be altered or improved to fit into the system or how to persuade player not to stop in the same era for a long period of time?
someone incompetence to defend/solve problem in strategy game shouldnt be rewarded... there is so many nice games for those wich capacity isnt big enough for strategy games like super mario bross and similar... i wrote him 5 ways how to prevent plundering, if he cant do not even one of those then strategy games maybe arent for him...

Emberguard

Legend
Anyone got any thought's on how the solution could be altered or improved to fit into the system or how to persuade player not to stop in the same era for a long period of time?
Most solutions based around Inno changing things would work against the plundered far more then the plunderers -or- remove years of work / take away money bought buildings

If we did manage to lump campers together there’s still no guarantee that’d decrease plundering. especially given plundering is at its most frequent when hoods have everyone on even footing. We see this whenever a new world or age is released.

The biggest reason for the discrepancies between player power is networking skills and understanding of game mechanics. Doesn’t matter whether a player camps. If they can network successfully there will be a significant gap between them and those that don’t network no matter what change is made

The second solution could work, but how long you have been in an era, does not determine if they can get past your defence units to plunder you, it goes on the battling factor such at their attack and defence and what units they are using.
The second “solution” is the old neighbourhood system. It was changed from that because the very players the OP wants to help found it far harder to keep up with mixed era hoods then they do now

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Anyone got any thought's on how the solution could be altered or improved to fit into the system or how to persuade player not to stop in the same era for a long period of time?

There is no solution. To alter or limit plundering is on the DNSL of most FoE forums. Don't know why it isn't here, but devs have made it pretty clear they do not want it.

A lot of players stopped moving forward beyond Future Era cause they did not like the era's after that. No matter what solution you come up with, it will effect them and they never set out to camp im the first place. Besides that, it is totally stupid to label every player that camps as a bully. Inno has made changes to the event quests cause they aknowledge the right of a player to stay in an era. Game has many more good willing players that camp than it has bullies. Since when get many punished for the actions of a few?

DeletedUser

@Lugh Longarm there is a FoE YouTube channel and there’s at least two or three battle ads (think one of them from around the time I joined) though there are more building based ads and more recent

I really should have added the qualifier that I was referring to TV Ads as YouTube FoE Channel is more likely to be accessed by existing Players and not seen as a point of referral by most recently incoming Players. The FoE ads are run several times per day on various GB TV Channels and predominantly describes the "City Builder" aspect of the Game but, all reasonably intelligent and reasonably educated people should be able to see past the hype and peruse the reams of advice and Guides so readily available. Caveat Emptor, Caveat Questor.
Do none of these complainers understand how Empires have truly been forged throughout the entire history of Mankind? Are they so blinkered so as to ignore all advice, assistance and support offered them?
Come the Day of Judgement, the Meek will get exactly what's coming to them for being so prissy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112892

1. Grow to be capable of beating attacker's defence
2. When you grow attack them and plunder them when juicy production ia finished, every day
3. Keep doing that until attacker gives up on attacking you.

DeletedUser

LOL, the only thing teets has accomplished is to turn us all into Plunder Monkeys. I'm busying myself with gathering BPs and Goods so I have a full pack of; HC, VV1 and AM to go with my Z, CdM, AO, TA, Kraken and CoA...Come on you Meek!

Last edited by a moderator: