• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Chat feature discussion thread

DeletedUser

This has caused the 'flash crash' to increase in frequency massively! As if it wasnt annoying enough already with how the frequency has increased over the last few weeks in anycase!

When it crashes i have to refresh my browser, which makes me leave chat and when i return all previous 'chat' is unviewable... so what is the point if i am unable to see replys? By the time i get a response after asking what was your reply, it is likely to have crashed again.

For me this is nothing but an unwanted and unuseable addition in its current state... unless ofcourse all i want to do is sit there and chat rather than play the game. Not much love for it so far in our guild - but then again we employ open messaging for all in anycase.

DeletedUser

The guild chat needs a roster, otherwise it's no better (actually worse, since there is no persistency) than the regular messaging service, that we currently use for casual discussions with guild members.

Also, the error message "THE CHAT IS NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO YOUR FIREWALL OR A BAD CONNECTION" would be way more helpful if it actually mentioned the ports that are blocked by the firewall.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice. It is interesting. I do not like it that it announces when you join/leave, too much information and risky to give away activity times. Does it do this when you open the tab or load your account?

But apart from that no problems so far, works fine on chrome

N

DeletedUser

The guild chat needs a roster, otherwise it's no better (actually worse, since there is no persistency) than the regular messaging service, that we currently use for casual discussions with guild members.

+1 If it didn't crash for (on average) 2 guild members per minute it might be ok. The joined/left messages don't belong in chat and then you can have a n message buffer (100?) that should exist whether you are online or not. We have gone back to guild chat messages after about 10 minute with this new chat. Fury over the exponential increase in flash leak/hang crashes is rapidly growing so that should REALLY be addressed. If I hadn't been persistent and multi-tasking I would have stopped my PvP run after the 5th crash (18 attacks) this morning. This is from someone who averages a crash after 10-20 visits until this morning....

DeletedUser9070

Another problem, when you've been using one of the chat tab and scrolled up and back down and been swapping between global / neighbourhood and guild chat, any new entries such as a new message or simply someone joining or leaving chat will scroll that tab back up so you have to manually scroll down to check new entry.

DeletedUser

Chat rooms always end poorly, i would rather you focused on updating the game to keep it interesting and challenging as its becoming boring again.

DeletedUser276

Industrial age is out soon. After that its guild wars... each thing in its time Troy :)

DeletedUser

or maybe they cant connect to chat like me :
chat.jpg

i have exact same issue, i disabled firewall, i disabled anti-virus, i tried both flash player internal/external in chrome, i even opened 8080 on router. nothing works on chrome, so i switched to firefox, and gess what, it works perfectly. i kinda sad because i like google chrome more than firefox but no choice for now but to use firefox because chat system is great!

DeletedUser7837

Yes Chat works Perfectly on Firefox (32 bit) but it will not work on WaterFox and Google Chrome (for me). but im going to use Waterfox anyway because firefox 32 bit crashes a lot.

Edit: is there anyway to make chat works with Waterfox ?

DeletedUser

Chat is great - ditto other commetns - except when the game crashes (every 20ish polishes or 5-10 battles) AND it reloads without the history - this is very frustrating as you miss the conversaiton flow!! Can you please arrange for the chat history for say the last 5 minutes to be avaliable at log in/refresh????

DeletedUser

i help the new players its fun,

but it is pretty much like my name at the moment LOL

DeletedUser14378

There is a lot of option u can add like removing messages player ***** joined and player ***** left the room. Just add one box which shows up a list with online members, and also one box with ignored members. Second announce the rules in the game: like u can't write on other language different from english, and also inform us when u get ban for 1 hour or 24 hours or more.

DeletedUser

I am not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I believe a feature like what the guild forums have would be great. The feature I am talking about is the ability to press a button, and open the chat in a new window altogether. That would solve most of the bad placement issues, and perhaps even the chat logs problem to where players can keep the chat open during refreshes, tech. tree visits, and attacking, ect.

DeletedUser

Uh...... i will join the mighty hordes of the benefactors of "your firewall finds the chat too cool and not allowing it........ thingie "
And after reading here about the crashes and the not-zo-cool "xxx left, xxx joined" notifications i decided to pat my firewall on the back for a job well done
I will stick to skype till otherwise, but i do sympathize with the parents concerned about non-moderated chats
:)

DeletedUser276

chat is moderated.... after a fashion. it has a report feature that reports a players posts.

DeletedUser12348

chat is moderated.... after a fashion. it has a report feature that reports a players posts.

After a fashion is where the problem lies. We are already seeing abuse and foul language in chat. This alongside periods of non-english chat can, and is, making chat a very unpleasant experience.

The report feature is a nice touch, but a bit like speed cameras, only catches the crime after the damage is done. I assume you will investigate any reports and ban the players from chat if appropriate ? As far as I am aware, there has been no published sanctions for chat offences and indeed no real chat rules listed. Is there a chat filter for certain known offensive words ?

Perhaps chat moderation is an approach that should be investigated. At the moment, from what I have seen so far, I am not going to allow my kids on the game. I don't really want to see certain things in chat myself. I am far from being a prude but I do want a pleasant and friendly chat experience.

DeletedUser276

the chat rules right now are the same as all communications in the ingame rules.

English only
No swearing or rude behavior
nothing inappropriate etc

There is an admin meeting tomorrow and we will include some specific chat rules in the rules list.

DeletedUser

On a personal level i hope the implementation of chat didn't use up too much time and resource. This feature doesn't add anything to the game of the category of players i belong to.
I use skype for chit-chat and when i am in no mood or have no time i just turn it off. I don't need an in-game feature to facilitate small talk. For everything else there are messages and forums.

The chat feature doesn't play a big role in game considering that there is very little to coordinate with guildies or neighbors.
I remember TW implemented the chat and was a bit more smooth and sophisticated than this, yet it was rarely used despite the great need to coordinate live.

In fact, i believe having a more user friendly guild forum will benefit player tenfold compare to the chat.