• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.25 Discussion

DeletedUser6965

Looking amazing, me like :)
What does this mean? What checkbox and what does removing a guild from a forum mean? *puzzled* :P
~Mutzena~
I think the checkbox is this one:
but it's not too dark.. ^^

@Martynius: I think u don't need this discussion... the idea NimaV mentioned is the best (to make a button "never ask again" even if it's only the normal confirmation window (with switched "cancel" and "sell" button...). ^^

Well, either the devs created a time traveling machine, did some testing and sent the data back to the present..
Or the dates are reversed (like in America), or it's just done on a random machine/server that doesn't check real time and those are just random dates.
I'd go for the time traveling machine though.
- L

normaly in germany the dates are not reversed ^^ Could be an old picture from a test server for devs.. i noticed there is only written "...has polished you" and there is not written which building is polished. So this idea with PvP towers could be an old one.

(which makes me think of this topic... all the buttons with "will have a use later on".. the devs seems to have a exact plan, what will come... but implement these things step by step.. why?)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7837

Archangel Snail said:
Confirm prompt when selling buildings

A confirmation window will now appear when selling all buildings, and the sale must be reconfirmed before the building is deleted.

i thought there is going to be a new conformation window and we need to reconfirm every building sell , thats why i said maybe they could add a "never ask me again" so it would be easy for us to sell our buildings , but i see its only for Great buildings and selling normal buildings wont change :)

DeletedUser6965

i thought there is going to be a new conformation window and we need to reconfirm every building sell , thats why i said maybe they could add a "never ask me again" so it would be easy for us to sell our buildings , but i see its only for Great buildings and selling normal buildings wont change :)

there is a small change, u can see a picture of selling a "villa" in changelog. only "cancel" and "sale" is switched...
But nevertheless a "never ask me again" button is useful.

DeletedUser276

(which makes me think of this topic... all the buttons with "will have a use later on".. the devs seems to have a exact plan, what will come... but implement these things step by step.. why?)

I have said the Devs have an exact plan for empty slots. As to the putting things step by step is so they can actually test the interaction between code piece by piece. If they put all the code out at once then when there is conflict it would be a pain to ferret them all out.

DeletedUser

Looove that the PvP Tower rankings for each age are going to be displayed on top of the event screen! :D It is such a pain to have to go to the map first and then select each and every tower in order to check your rankings...

DeletedUser10967

I agree with Taeriyn
maybe if developers could add a "Never Ask Me Again" Check box to building sell conformation box (just like when you want to spend diamonds) then those who doesn't like to be bothered by this conformation could tick it and never see it again.

As it should have been done in first place. Pop ups are a nuisance.

DeletedUser6525

"It is now no longer possible for players on the same internet connection to donate Forge Points to each other's Great Buildings."

This part kind of worries me. Obviously it's there to prevent cheating via multi-accounting. But say if I were to spend a day at a friend who also plays FoE at the same world as me, and I wanted to collect money/resources on my user at my friends house (because going all the way home just to do that, only to immediately afterwards go back to my friend's place again is, needless to say, incredibly stupid), would that mean me and my friend would become unable to donate forge points to each other's Great Buildings from then on? Because that seems like a really flawed solution to the multi-accounters.

Could someone explain more in-depth exactly how this part of the update works?

DeletedUser276

It is just like the friend request. Once it detects you from the same residence you lose any and all donation capabilities for great buildings.

You may see it as a flawed solution but with the amount of stupid people out there trying to create multi accounts to boost great buildings then getting their great buildings deleted as penalty this was the next best option. This way I nor other staff have to worry about dealing with those people in the future.

But if you have an even better idea feel free to put it in the ideas section of our forums :) Always happy to hear peoples ideas so long as its not free diamonds ;)

DeletedUser11540

I think the check box before deleting anything is a good change since it greatly reduces accident deleting and there's hardly anyone would sell ton of buildings in a short time to be considered time wasting. Even with house upgrade, I just build new house over the old one, it'll automatically do the selling for me.
Btw why take out the loop quests? I hardly manage to finish 2 per day already :confused: Explanation please!

DeletedUser

Because that seems like a really flawed solution to the multi-accounters.

Agreed. Many people identified the problem already. The problem being "people creating dozens of accounts to donate FP to a main account of theirs, from the same connection/IP/computer/hand of course"

Then, the need for solution became urgent. If you let one, the next day there will be 10 more to follow. So, again many minds went on to speak from their previous experience in dealing with "cheating" in order to find the best available
solution.
And that's what they came up with. No one i saying it's the ideal/perfect solution, so the next best thing would have to do.

As BS said: Please, welcome to help the game for the sake of everyone by coming up with a better idea than banning "donation from same connection", in order to prevent cheating

DeletedUser

They're probably just going to be gone.
It's a bit off to have quests looping anyway.

DeletedUser6965

Ok, so the devs gonna rewrite the whole loop quests or they are gone forever?
the loop quests are not gone. only two of them "buy FP" and "gain happiness" because u could complete them many many times a day. And now u can get FP and BP by these quests, so it would be too powerful, to have these two quests.

DeletedUser276

Actually Serp that information hasnt been given out yet.. not even to me. So unless you have a dev in your back pocket please dont spread non confirmed info around.

Also nothing in this changelog has to do with looping quests so lets please stay on topic for this discussion.

DeletedUser

Changes/Features

• Guild offers in the "Your Current Offers" tab have been made easier to see, by replacing the letter icon with the guild icon.

Not entirely sure what this one means since the "Your Current Offers" tab only lists your OWN offers in the trade window and has got nothing to do with what the guild offers. Does it mean the "Trading" tab instead of "Your Current Offers"?
Also, exactly what 'letter' does this refer to (replaced by the guild icon)? Does this 'letter' mean the 'hammer and the shield' icon? Or does it mean the 'dollar' sign

DeletedUser

Maybe there will be a difference between your offers for the guild AND for the hood

DeletedUser11781

[*]When attacking another player in a PvP tower, you are now taken to the army management screen before entering battle.

This is a good idea! While I'm here why does my game constantly crash everyday? is it game based or my computer based? Thanks.

DeletedUser5026

Not entirely sure what this one means since the "Your Current Offers" tab only lists your OWN offers in the trade window and has got nothing to do with what the guild offers.

Since it is possible to create Guild only offers, I am assuming that the update will make a visual distinction between trades that are not Guild only, and those that are. At the moment, I believe all trades, whether Guild Only or otherwise, cannot be differentiated. Of course, I could be wrong; we'll just have to wait for the update to take place and see for ourselves.

While I'm here why does my game constantly crash everyday? is it game based or my computer based? Thanks.

Forge of Empires is a rather memory-intensive Flash game, and in my opinion (meaning that it is subjective), Flash is a rather buggy program to begin with. Of course, I think having a better computer does help to a certain extent, I have a better experience playing FoE on my desktop than on my laptop. It is advised that players refresh their game and clear their caches periodically. Do read this, it might make your gameplay experience a bit better: (click me)

Cheers,
L.R.

Last edited by a moderator: