• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mini Challenges Feedback Thread

Nidwin

Sergeant
Nice little challenge to get some extra tools and tickets.
Is it profitable for you folks to do and finish this little challenge? It seems there are some x amount of stars quests so this may actually eat a decent amount of tickets and may have a negative impact on being able to get at least a level 11 flamingo (main event building). Or is it well balanced and you do get more tickets than you have to invest into it?

Is it profitable for you folks to do and finish this little challenge? It seems there are some x amount of stars quests so this may actually eat a decent amount of tickets and may have a negative impact on being able to get at least a level 11 flamingo (main event building). Or is it well balanced and you do get more tickets than you have to invest into it?
I don't use more tickets than I would have without the challenge. So any reward from the challenge is a profit.

ExplorerPro

Private
U get 10 tickets just imagine how many extra paws and chests u can get.

Nidwin

Sergeant
U get 10 tickets just imagine how many extra paws and chests u can get.
I dropped 560+ tickets and this before the Rival even started. I wasn't talking or even thinking for me but just wondering for many other players. I don't do dailies, don't do the event quests so certainly not going to bother with Rival. But that's just me of course. ;-)

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
No, It's not profitable. You have to use everything you earn along the way to complete the Rival. It helps the event progress in that it makes you play a bunch more games and tickets that you wouldn't have otherwise, so of course you get more paws that if you didn't do anything in Rivals, but having completed it once, I won't be doing this again.

1) Before Rivals: I did all my dailies for event boosters, kept the 8 hour tickets generating all week, saved all my event quests and kept 3 tickets accumulated in the 8 hour timer bar for when Rivals would start. I thought I was prepared - I was wrong.​
2) Coming at Rivals with full ammo I had to expend all event quests (got stopped at quest 39 - could have spent less diamonds maybe if I had waited to try Rivals in the 2nd or 3rd run of it instead of the 1st, I would have had more daily quests unlocked by next week) for coins and tickets PLUS spend 2000 diamonds to buy coins for the extra turns and boosters required for Rivals.​
3) Upon completion: I am left with 0 tickets, 0 boosters, 34 wildlife coins, and 3 golden tickets. Feels like I drained everything for a couple of new buildings I didn't really need, and I only made it to Professional League so far.​

Rivals was not worth the trouble or diamonds, and I will advise my guild of same.
  • Rivals forces you to play in stupid ways which are contrary to the grand prize/paw dropping goals.
  • Rivals feels frustrating playing it, like you're wasting moves to jump through hoops for some arbitrary quest that wants 4 stars of a certain color, and half the time the required color is not on the board. I'm sure someone thinks that's cute, but from a player perspective, it's disheartening to get a task and then open a board and the color you need isn't even there.
  • Rivals was time-consuming to do, at least 8 hours (like it's own unpaid job, where instead you pay for the privilege of being frustrated with tedious quests that were poorly designed.) Having a rush quest line always start on Tuesdays is ridiculous for anyone with a job, though having seen what it's like, I don't know that I'd want to give 8 hours to it no matter when it starts.
I see your middle finger to players and I raise you 2 of my own. I've seen what's going on in beta with Rivals for the St Pats event, and if this is the way of the game in 2024, you will find lots of people stop bothering with events (after the 2023 self-replicating buildings bonanza most of us don't need to do anything but sit back and collect fragments to fill our cities with overpowered stuff that's better than level 100 great buildings.) If you're determined to make events with impossible time/money requirements and unfulfilling outcomes, eventually you will run out of suckers and newbies to trap.

Vesiger

Monarch
The minigame simply keeps locking up for me - abruptly, nothing happens when I tap on an object, the close/query icons on the top right are greyed out, and the only thing I can do is quit and reload the game . This can happen multiple times within a single ticket and is highly frustrating.

janyemm

Private
Ariana post is absolutly accurate. Anyway, if my problems with event were only mentioned, I could live with that. Simply - expensive ( in term of game resources, not real money spent ) lesson. What really upset me are there is very high probability that some frustration on my side is not reason of "bad luck" , but it was simply designed. I earn my living thanks to math and I know theory of probability very well and simply I have stats for all actions happened during event. ( tables generating, etc. ) Chance everything was random is extremelly thin. True is nobody ever told it is random.
I am not big spender ( castle only lvl16 ), but regularly spent something during events for years. Now I am so upset, I decided to go free from now. Somebody told me best feedback is "wallet feedback" so they will have my opinion to this event.

Agent327

Overlord
I am not big spender ( castle only lvl16 ), but regularly spent something during events for years. Now I am so upset, I decided to go free from now. Somebody told me best feedback is "wallet feedback" so they will have my opinion to this event.

"Wallet feedback" is totally useless feedback. Players keep claiming never to pay for anything anymore and Inno still sees the profits going up. You don't have to earn your living thanks to math to underestand what will be the deciding factor to them.

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
"Wallet feedback" is totally useless feedback. Players keep claiming never to pay for anything anymore and Inno still sees the profits going up. You don't have to earn your living thanks to math to underestand what will be the deciding factor to them.
Man, you really have way too much negativities and offensives in your posts that cannot be cured with Dimple. Take my advice and go seek for professional help as soon as possible.

eleith

Private
Some will say it doesn't matter.
Doesn't matter that it doesn't.

Just going to mention -- as an illustration of what goes on in one of your players' mind -- that I won't participate in today's Rival (unannounced I believe, unless I missed something). I'll do the first few quests that I can do, but will stop at probably 10 or so. Probably won't take part in the next one either. It's got to a point when you've finally tired me enough, InnoGames. It will save me diamonds (I used some last time, too see what it was like), so my gain and your loss, wallet feedback that supposedly doesn't work and all. It will save me some time.

And, this time, I will use it to ponder whether I will spend any bought diamonds any more in the game. I've done it plenty of times before, I'm okay with it, I like supporting businesses that bring me something (even just some light fun). Bought even passes, expansions, event currencies, the lot. I was waiting to see whether I'd spend this event, maybe just the pass this time, to get the extra rewards and avatars (this cosmetic things where you could earn easy money by allowing players to buy some from past events, but you never implemented that did you...). Maybe even buy enough currency to get to gold league and get that big pretty building you designed with +100/+100 red stats. Who knows...?

Now I'm just tired of being milked dry as a cow.
It was getting obvious before, for maybe a year now, and it's become way too obvious.
And it's not even done in a respectful way where you try and cater for your players by actually informing them.

Guess I'm just another of the ones saying it, and it doesn't matter much for some people, but I do believe it does matter. I have a thriving city I like. I liked seeing it grow on the basis of how much I invested myself in the different aspects of the game. I've finally reached VF where the buildings are so well-designed, with colours, and lights everywhere! I remember being jealous of my guildies when I arrived in the game, because their town hall was so nice. And it is. Same way I saw one of the avatars of SAT last year and thought 'oh well, let's just start ageing up again'. It's just the little things sometimes, the little things done with care.

I would have loved Rival to become one other part of the game where I could finesse my way into (like with the first one focused on GE, I remember posting about it, maybe in this very thread). Like GE5 was something to get used to, not that bad in the end.

Now I'm telling my young/new guildies to not invest themselves too much. It's just not worth it, they will lose real money for a company that will just ask them more, and more often. For less everytime. I've read about the next Rivals on Beta. It scares me how far you think you can go just, yeah, milking people. It means you have no clue where you're going. And that's sad. I'm also sad for the hours I spent on something that was well-thought, enticing in a funny way. Mostly I'm sad for the cosy little world that I built step by step, and that I'm seeing going nowhere. Well, that's life I suppose.

Bad rep is bad rep. You do you, InnoGames. I'll do myself a favour and play like my tired old/more ancient guildies who I don't see much anymore: without spending first, and then maybe very casually until I stop and don't bother to even do the GE that I easily can do because what's the point.

Here was some feedback.

Morb

Private
Finished the 2nd rival. Not spending any boosters, coins on regular minigames, not rushing regular event quests, doing daily challenges and collecting incidents payed of. Planning rival quests ahead played a big role. Instead of focusing on one quest, I planned my board for the upcoming 1-2 quests, so I can finish as much quests as possible within one ticket.
I don't feel like I'm forced to pay to win, I don't feel pressure. It came down to small details, planning and right mindset.
Didn't use any tickets from the event questline, but was forced to finish some quests to get coins for the last rival challenge quest.
Currently sitting at 32nd event quest, so I'm confident I'll have enough coins, boosters and tickets if needed for the last rival challenge.
Some say it's luck, others say they are forced to pay to finish Rival challenge, I say - change your attitude.
In overall I'm very pleased with the difficulty of the Rival challenges. Did not finish the first one (GE themed) when it came out due to my city not being developed enough, so it was really cool I had something challenging to work on. I encourage Inno to introduce more top-shelf challenges. If the game would be easy and top rewards/challenges achievable for everyone, it would become dull real fast.
Edit: I hear the next Rival for St. Patrick's will be hard. Bring it on!

eleith

Private
Okay, two things.

First, thanks for making me change my... mindset and see that I had -- for real -- forgotten my golden tickets from the previous Rival.
With them, o miracle, I indeed brought myself to the quest before last without spending a dime, far far much better than what I could have expected. Yay...
Now, is my mindset totally changed about this? Not at all.
If I hadn't, for real, forgotten them, I couldn't have done it. No way I could have created all the x-star chests that are required for the quests. What you argue is attitude I say is resisting deliberate misleading from the company behind the game. The rewards for a series of quests should be rewards that you can enjoy, not something you have to save for later. Same as: to know what the future quests are and be careful about your boards, you have to lurk on beta with little to no margin of error to get it right. To lurk on beta for this, you have to think 'how can I beat this company that is trying to milk me for my money?'. Brilliant mindset, is it? I don't want that, it's tiring.

Second point, did you do the first one also? If so, yes, I think you were lucky. I haven't been careless about this event (hence, again, why I'm tired: I've been giving some money to a company to keep me entertained, not for them to play tricks on me that I have to actively defend against to not lose my money over 'nothing'). I have saved every coin and booster I got from the start, and I only spent them all as needed for the 1st series of challenges, and I also did the daily thing daily to get more coins and more boosters, and I also collect incidents because I'm just a stupid cow in front of my computer all day, am I not? And yet here I am, not able to finish quest number 32 of this series without spending diamonds. I need 4x65=260 coins for that, and I have 60 left all in all. No way I'm earning 200 more until it finishes, without paying.

Which is my point. Some may find fun in a game where you have to plan from your first move to the last over a 30-day period, and in the end still rely on luck, to achieve something. If I want more rewards as advertised (as in the event passes for example) and if I'm willing to pay for that, so be it. It's eplicit and in good faith. For that the game needs to be good in itself, to keep you entertained and into playing it, which is harder for a company. Tricking players into failure if they don't play one and only one optimized way, and with a bit of luck on top of that, is not the same and it's tiring.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Okay, two things.
And why not simply ignore those Rival challenges if it's not your thing?

I also collect incidents but that's more of a habit than anything else, as for dailies and the event quests, nope during this Wild Life event. It's not because Inno makes stuff available we are obliged to do them.

eleith

Private
Well supposedly they develop content so players will play it, enjoy the game more, stay with them, spend real money on more optional content so they have money enough to pay the wages of their employees, and then develop some more, and then grow as a company. From what I understand, if the company is still doing well, many employees were laid off recently, which is not much of a development plan.

If they program content that (some) players are unhappy about, these players will not enjoy the full content of the game, and some (not saying all) may grow frustrated with the change of tone, pace, or just the fact that something in there is not for them, and then some other thing that's being developed, and then the whole game will feel different, and then these players may quit.

That's what supposedly feedback is for, getting a taste of players' reactions to what is being developed. That's what my feedback is about. It's not just about Rival, but the tone, and the change of attitude maybe, that go with it. I'm feeling more and more that parts of the contract I signed when I started giving money to the company are getting re-written in a slightly more twisted way, and I'm unhappy about it as a whole. Because I'm tired by this.

But you're absolutely right, I may very well drop this part of the game just as I never played GvG much (except for trying it once over a 10-days period maybe). And then I may drop some other parts.