• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Mini Challenges Feedback Thread

=CRS

Private
Hey there everyone. This is a feedback thread for our latest announcement - the mini challenges! Read all about it here, and post any feedback below!
I don’t know where to start. This takes the cake though for greed. Everything about this mini game challenge solidifies what I have been expressing since the inception of Guild Battlegrounds and Negotiations and the squishing of the Perpetual CF GB, and that is that this will not stop until every good has near been removed from the game. I am not half way through the quests yet and I have donated 1900 goods to treasury ( which are by all accounts out of the game) never seen so many tasks for Negotiations, and then on top “ Very Hard” Negotiations. 100’ and 100’ possibly again 1000 easily. I am most positive many people my self included paid 10dimes for extra chance because I am 100% perfect at perfectly putting the goods under the right choice wrong. I feel ripped off myself, I can’t imagine the younger developing player who needs every medal every good every troop. So many player may start and waste so many goods and then realize they can’t finish because their guild does not have the goods to open levels 3 and 4 of GE. There have been other things that I have not been fond of but the Mini game challenges to me is the worse expansion I have seen yet and leaves me with a bad taste. I will however tough it out and finish it this once just to say I did it and to see approximately how much goods and diamonds and deleted troops I wasted.

Bob2965

Private
Only two days, yet two eight hour challenges in the first 16 tasks. I could use my supply rushes, but there’s an event starting Thursday where they will be needed. And what about the prizes? The same as GE5, and I have too many serpents already to place them, and have no room for another Forgotten temple. At least this will let me have a week off GE5 without losing the temple, but I’m not sure that’s what INNO are looking for. Sorry, massive fail.

Deleted member 127677

Repeating the same over and over again however can hardly be considered feedback anymore.
I’m not sure what you mean by this. One week of botched launch, one week of late launch with bugs in the feature. If the feedback reads the same, it is because nothing changed in the performance. Likewise, the lack of communication seems not to change. That is feedback. Tell players when things will start. Test the feature properly before pushing it out to live. My feedback will be the same every time neither of those will happen.

On the feature itself. It took about an hour to do. There was some challenge trying to figure out how best to use my limited production buildings, how to maximise the supply rushes I used, and how to work through the fights, negos and various GE related quests. It is very clearly not a feature intended for a new city, or even the casual player, unless someone has just been hoarding rush items and goods and has a lot to fall back on. Over time, I assume only main cities will be able to support this kind of quest line. If this is intended, good job.

As my guild happens to also be in a GE race, the extra attempts given in the quests were welcome. The final rewards, the full Forgotten Temple and the Finish All production were great, for such a quick completion. Prizes do need to be kept at that level or better as well, to make this kind of rush questline worth doing and focusing on.

On the quests themselves, I’m not sure it is positive to make so many negotiation quests, related to GE and otherwise. Makes it feel more like a chore than a challenge, if I’m honest, and as suggested above, feels a bit like ‘we want your dimes for the extra turns’. For a true challenge, quests should relate to something that actually is difficult and requires a bit more game activity, like completing 15 trades for x amount of goods in era y, or to produce a specific troop (not player’s era), stuff along those lines. That requires planning, and interest, so I recognise that it is unlikely to get much traction. But it does require lining up both your buildings and possibly goods to trade with as well as people to help with the trades. If another mini challenge is not to be just a rinse and repeat of this one, there does also need to be some novelty to the quests on offer, some alternative options too. If developed, it could be a welcome little thing to occupy some down time when there is no GE or Gbg going on, and also to provide a bit of challenge for end game players. But that requires a bit more than just forcing people to spend some goods on negos or donate to treasury, we do both anyway.

suethegreat

Captain
Found this today for first time headed 'Rival' is this the 'mini' game people are talking about? Undertaking tasks to duplicate daily challenges? more chores to win more blinking fragments? for something called forgotten temple? well with no room to put anymore 'stuff' its forgotten already. No room for icons filling the screen too especially during events.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
This 'challenge' is good for the recycle bin. GE is played how I want to play - not going to change methodology to do certain # of fights and then # of nego's and whatever else this silly challenge has. #1 of the challenge done by default as I just happened to do the fights - not going to go and waste time doing a number of nego's now when fighting is the way to clear the next spots. Poorly designed idea.

If developers want to do something good for this "challenge" - add a Disable option in the settings so it can be removed from the game screen for those that have no use for this poor 'idea'.

joesoap

Major-General
the announcement said......This time my focus lays on the Guild Expeditions, given that there are only 2 options in ge (fighting & negotiating) its not really surprising that these 2 things appeared often, maybe the next mini challenge will focus on something else
Also its a mini challenge not a giveaway so its supposed to be a wee bit hard, also given that it takes 4 weeks of L5 to get the main prize i was delighted to get it a lot quicker & easier doing the challenge, I cant complete L5 without spending a lot more goods than i did during this

eleith

Private
Hi, more feedback. Hope everything in this thread reaches the devs and the decision-taking team somehow and they make use of it.

Kinda like the concept of it, possibly it helps some guilds pushing their members to work on GE to a higher level than before. If other Rivals in the future focus on other aspects of the game, might be a good way to create new habits in usually on-and-off players that will become more 'on-and-on'.

As has been said above though, I don't think this is a challenge addressed to new players and small cities though. Some scaling might be in order (less difficult negotiations for lower era players?). 2 8-hours production tasks + 1 24hours... That requires stuff you don't usually have even with good event buildings and even if you spent money on the game before. (And again, that's why in my opinion a game company should communicate more to its playerbase what the intentions are for the future of the game, with players able to _anticipate_ a bit how they might want to change their habits.)

I've also encountered a bug where to complete the 'buy 10 FPs' you _have_ to buy the bulk of 10, and you can't complete it with buying 2 bulks of 5. It doesn't even register you bought FPs on the quest part. Kinda lazy on the dev end of things I must say. You should be able to complete these quests even when buying 1 FP at a time.

And also a point already mentioned, but you _can't_ have a challenge related to GE that _doesn't_ start _exactly_ at the time GE starts, with clear communication wrt. this. I had completed level 1 before the challenges started. I ended up having to solve encounters by negotiation that cost me a bunch of special goods I would have liked not to part with. What's next? A Rival quest related to GBG on a Monday-Wednesday period between seasons?

Finally, even if it is a challenge, it might be a good idea to have alternative quests. MoPo as an alternative to long production quests. Trades as an alternative to give to treasury. That kind of stuff, where in particular newer players don't lose every resource they have gathered with great difficulty to a minigame that won't make them progress as much as keeping these resources would allow them to.

Unlucky Alf

Private
This is just an attempt to get people to do L5, because the take up on it has been dismal even though Inno were told about it in Beta.
everything I won in this mini game I just put up for auction. I’ve nowhere to put it.
my iPad screen is now utterly cluttered with various icons for things I don’t use.

On a positive note it spurred me on to delete all those drummer boys I won in the last event. They don’t perform well in Jupiter

Malynn

Corporal
Absolutely hate the mini event (Rival Challenge). It forces you to play GE at a ridiculous pace. I like to enjoy GE and play it over the 6 days it was designed to be played, finishing on Sunday. I don’t want to rush through it at a breakneck speed. What is the point of having a 6 day GE event when we are being rushed into completing it within 2 days. If I complete GE within 2 days, that leaves less to do in game, the remaining 4 days.
The Rival Challenges takes away the enjoyment of playing GE. And from what I have seen of the mini event so far, it is nothing but a spend-fest. Spend FP’s, spend gold, spend goods, etc.

Last edited:

rontom

Private
I completed this mainly because i could, like most end-gamers i have plenty of everything and a second tower may be useful at some point but overall it seems to me that generally speaking the players who can complete it dont need the rewards while the ones who need it cant complete it in a sustainable way

Dead-Eye

General
To ma y fps to buy. Not good.

Doable if you wanna spend lots of diamonds and medals on negotiations and attempts.

Or you can save the diamonds and just spend a lot of time redoing negotiations till you get it right.

I have better things to do.

It's good if you miss a week of GE 5 and need a bit of Forgotten Temple bits, other than that, it's just not worth the effort.

Deleted member 127677

if you miss a week of GE 5 and need a bit of Forgotten Temple bits
I saw that above too. You know it’s a full FT, not just 50 frags? So actually 4 weeks of GE worth of FT frags. If you can fight all the way of GE5 and think the quests are too expensive, fair, but if you nego any of GE5, if you even do it, you’re probably saving goods rather than wasting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
Too many quests asking you to BUY forge points. You have to give UP too much for so little rewards. Not worth the effort for me to complete.
Yes, buying Forge Points doesn't reset - it will get steadily more and more expensive every week you do the challenge, which is not indefinitely sustainable. I have a lot of money, but if you do the challenge on a regular basis you will eventually get to the point where each FP costs billions.
You have to spend vast numbers of medals on extra attempts, but there is the alternative option to wait for those (though possibly not on a two-day time limit?) and the cost resets for your next Expedition - or at least I sincerely hope it does!
The rewards were nice - but so many negotiations! Ugh. :zzz:
I can handle the negotiations, but I'm not going to be able to complete enough fight encounters without fighting my way through the Level 5 Expedition. I've almost never completed Level 4.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I saw that above too. You know it’s a full FT, not just 50 frags? So actually 4 weeks of GE worth of FT frags. If you can fight all the way of GE5 and think the quests are too expensive, fair, but if you nego any of GE5, if you even do it, you’re probably saving goods rather than wasting them.
It's not what Dead-Eye meant I think Arche1e as it's only a full FT if you finish the entire mini-event in time.

From what I read on this feedback thread, those mini-events are only going to make the already much stronger even stronger.

Vesiger

Monarch
From what I read on this feedback thread, those mini-events are only going to make the already much stronger even stronger
I don't think there is ever going to be any way to avoid that, however you design the game - any challenge is inherently easier to complete if you are powerful.
Unless you make the rewards so low that the powerful players just can't be bothered...

Deleted member 127677

I've almost never completed Level 4.
I see. Then I guess it really would be a struggle. Level 4 has been required in my guilds through most of my player time, it was hard when I was a junior player but stopped being hard in FE and that is now years ago too. With new event buildings, I read that people can do it even in the lower eras within maybe a month. So it will take some time for a few people, but I nevertheless assume they will still struggle with other aspects of this kind of questline. For end game players, it is an easier challenge but nevertheless it is one, and that is welcome.

It's not what Dead-Eye meant I think Arche1e as it's only a full FT if you finish the entire mini-event in time.
I didn’t realise, thank you. I found the FT and finish all specials to be well worth it and an incentive to finish the whole thing, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered.

I don't think there is ever going to be any way to avoid that, however you design the game
It is a fighting game after all. People play in different ways and prioritise different areas, but ultimately, those who play more and focus on developing will develop. Nothing you can do about that.