• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

City plundering

Emberguard

Legend
Pretty much just starting myself, 42 days in. Yes, it totally [insert bad words and expletives here] about being plundered. I have noticed that the more defense you put up, the higher the attacker scores. So I don't run defenses anymore, but I do feel sorry for my two poor spearmen.
Problem with this is you then open your self up to every plunderer instead of just the stronger ones. You also potentially do your plunderers a huge tower points favour by only using the 2 spearmen defence. When I was a avid plunderer I always looked out for the 2 spears specifically so I could direct those points to a tower of my choice so I could win lower age towers without any real effort. Other plunderers I've talked to also do the same thing.

If your goal is to spite your enemy, careful you might actually be helping them instead

Giskler

Legend
Problem with this is you then open your self up to every plunderer instead of just the stronger ones. You also potentially do your plunderers a huge tower points favour by only using the 2 spearmen defence. When I was a avid plunderer I always looked out for the 2 spears specifically so I could direct those points to a tower of my choice so I could win lower age towers without any real effort. Other plunderers I've talked to also do the same thing.

If your goal is to spite your enemy, careful you might actually be helping them instead
Why go to all that effort to win lower age towers?

Agent327

Overlord

I even kept notes of that, so I knew where the spears were.

In the beginning I tried to win as many towers as possible. Did not plunder when there was an army present. When there were two spears however I always plundered. Came back several times a day just to do that.

Good point. But you get fewer points for fighting with lower era units. The only thing you gain from winning lower era towers is a few useless medals.

It is no effort if you attack all neighbours anyhow and the extra medals are nice in the beginning of the game.
If you auto battle all the way through the hood, it's an extra effort to first check what the defense armies are and maybe change the attack army to lower era units if you're up against 2 spears for instance.

Galladhorn

Monarch
The city shield is expensive for what it does and it doesn't last long enough.

If you set up your city so that you do not have to rely on boost from the Tavern, then over time you can accumulate quite a lot of Silver (If you collect). Then if you have reocurring hoods with many Plunder players you then activate the Shield and use 72Hours for these more critical periods. But otherwise plenty of solid advice has already been given – there is no way around being plundered from time to time and it happens on all levels.

Last edited:
Never cared about points, I just enjoy attacking people. Something to do when I'm bored and have 5 minutes to spare
Don't care about points either, I attack to plunder. Or maybe to get the SoW rewards from Himeji or to solve a military quest, if GE, GBG or GvG is not an option.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
If you auto battle all the way through the hood, it's an extra effort to first check what the defense armies are and maybe change the attack army to lower era units if you're up against 2 spears for instance.

Actually, since this was a response to a starting player I gave my point of view from when I was a starting player. At that time you at least had to start a battle before you could autobattle, but besides that, I doubt there are many starting players that autobattle the hood. Same goes for the medals. As a starting player you want to get as many as you can. Now you look upon it as to much of an effort, but at the time it wasn't.

Actually, since this was a response to a starting player I gave my point of view from when I was a starting player. At that time you at least had to start a battle before you could autobattle, but besides that, I doubt there are many starting players that autobattle the hood. Same goes for the medals. As a starting player you want to get as many as you can. Now you look upon it as to much of an effort, but at the time it wasn't.
Yeah, true enough :-)
And of course, you can't first check what the defense army is and then restart the battle with another attack army. You can make a note of it and then set up another attack army next time you attack the city.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Yeah, true enough :-)
And of course, you can't first check what the defense army is and then restart the battle with another attack army. You can make a note of it and then set up another attack army next time you attack the city.

That's how I did it in the beginning. Notes of which army to use against which hoody.

Emberguard

Legend
Good point. But you get fewer points for fighting with lower era units. The only thing you gain from winning lower era towers is a few useless medals.
Yes, but at the time it was a lot of fun regardless. It was as much a game to see how many tower ages I could fill (And win) for the least fights as it was anything else. And I intended to plunder anyone I could.

Now if I attack it’s only to plunder and if you have 2 spears you're not hindering me at all. If everyone had 8 units there’s a chance it might wear my units down enough I would have to stop part way through the hood depending on how much GvG / GBG fighting I’ve also been doing

RichinZhills

Corporal
I really don't need you to aid me as I am nicking your stuff.
Maybe/maybe not if I collect on time. But guaranteed 100% that I skip over you when I aid. I think of my Airship (lvl 3) when I don't aid, every day I skip over that player, he's losing 2x forge points and close to 2k in supplies. A single forge point now costs me about 6K in gold. So when I don't aid that player (daily) they're probably losing way more than just the 1,600 coins/supplies the goods costed me. I also get warm fuzzies knowing that every player I aid above and below him advances faster.

DeletedUser

Maybe/maybe not if I collect on time. But guaranteed 100% that I skip over you when I aid. I think of my Airship (lvl 3) when I don't aid, every day I skip over that player, he's losing 2x forge points and close to 2k in supplies. A single forge point now costs me about 6K in gold. So when I don't aid that player (daily) they're probably losing way more than just the 1,600 coins/supplies the goods costed me. I also get warm fuzzies knowing that every player I aid above and below him advances faster.
It costs me 15,000 lol