• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
@mr bigal: You. CANNOT! Control. The. Prize. Wheel.

It's is simply an RNG system, same as when we have chests/players/etc... in the other events. Your prize is determined the moment you hit the 'spin' button.
The reason for the 'Stop' button, is simply so you can skip the long-winded animation and pick-up your prize right away - something that is absolutely critical when you and another/s player/s are racing to scoop the gold prize on a wheel! ;)
(ie: this is how I managed to "steal" the Ship upgrade kit I won - using the stop button allowed me to click the 'spin' button again before the 'hoodie I was playing again could, and thus, give me the golden prize.:P)

vikingraider

Emperor
Something I've just noticed, say I only need 2 to complete the trip, and I get a 3, this extra turn doesn't add on to the next voyage. Is this intended? Feels like it's holding us back(so we might have to spend diamonds)

DeletedUser116020

Summer Event - Pirates. Too many unwanted prizes with the spin of the wheel. The Soccer/Football tournament allows players to zero in more closely to prizes of greater need & interest.

DeletedUser

Something I've just noticed, say I only need 2 to complete the trip, and I get a 3, this extra turn doesn't add on to the next voyage. Is this intended? Feels like it's holding us back(so we might have to spend diamonds)

The extra step is indeed added to the next Voyage, if you are losing out then it should be reported to Support. Every surplus step has been added to mine so you have no doubt, been singled out for persecution.

vikingraider

Emperor
The extra step is indeed added to the next Voyage, if you are losing out then it should be reported to Support. Every surplus step has been added to mine so you have no doubt, been singled out for persecution.

It just did it again. I needed 1 to finish, and rolled a 3.

Screenshot_286.png

I'll contact support

DeletedUser

Summer Event - Pirates. Too many unwanted prizes with the spin of the wheel. The Soccer/Football tournament allows players to zero in more closely to prizes of greater need & interest.

Refresh and Spin, don't want it; Barter it...

DeletedUser118048

there are quite a few things in the event that doesnt make sense and kinda ruin it.. i think getting upgrades for nest is too hard compared to the nest its self..
in this event there are no leagues so .. it means less upgrades that we would normally get from leagues .. 1-2 ..
only 2 upgrades from quests and 1 every 2 maps completed. .. with avrage of 10 coins for a map no one can promise you to finish even 1 nest without using diamonds. also.. why put nest lvl 1 in wheel? it doesnt make sense theres nest in map .. more than we need.
if anything it should be a kit to chose between lvl 1 or upgrade.. even if we abuse diamonds its still way too rough..
you get 1 upgrade every 20 coins (2maps) and 20 coins cost 1745 diamonds.. you need 7 upgrades you need 12k diamonds just for 1 extra nest finished .
getting 1 more nest lvl 1 from wheel only make sense if you try get 5 full nest which impossible.
also low era play too random with wheel and wheel can either be empty for hours or constantly cleared for no reason
also dont like that theres nothing to think about in game.. everything is random. please either improve map reward to give more uprades or change the lvl 1 nest into kit.. or please consider adding a Nest crow upgrade to wheel aswell ty

no one can promise you to finish even 1 nest without using diamonds.
Being certain to get every upgrade required for an event building is a fairly new thing. It used to be that if you were lucky you'd get them all but a lot of people would fall short to encourage the use of diamonds. More recent events you have to simply to finish the easy quests and not be an idiot (which discounts a lot of people) and you complete the building.

I quite like the uncertainty, although I'm sure that by completing all quests and logging in every day you get enough compass things (with an average of 2 spaces per go) to finish it

DeletedUser118048

Being certain to get every upgrade required for an event building is a fairly new thing. It used to be that if you were lucky you'd get them all but a lot of people would fall short to encourage the use of diamonds. More recent events you have to simply to finish the easy quests and not be an idiot (which discounts a lot of people) and you complete the building.

I quite like the uncertainty, although I'm sure that by completing all quests and logging in every day you get enough compass things (with an average of 2 spaces per go) to finish it

maybe thats why .. im new player so i only seen the recent events.. been playing like 3-4 months. now.. im sure ill get mine done.. and i dont mind using diamonds. .so np.. but still having the lvl 1 nest in wheel but no upgrades doesnt make sense in any way you look at it.. you get more nest lvl 1 from map so if you have upgrades to finish 2 you def have 2 nest lvl 1 from map.. so why would you need nest from wheel? adding upgrades to wheel would make sense .
also.. i dont like that.. they make it not worth to use diamonds at all for more nests.. because with 1745 diamonds you only get 20 coins which are only 1 upgrade out of 7 needing 12k diamonds for 1 more nest is pushing people away from using ?

DeletedUser96901

12k for a level 8 crows nest

sound very cheap
comparing to the regular prize of 2k from a SoK

Emberguard

Legend
@noiwk1991 its something they’ve done with previous events too

The lvl 1 version can potentially be worth placing temporarily depending on how many events the city has gone through. It’s generally better then any tech tree building of the same age even at lvl 1 (though you wouldn’t be keeping it for long being such a low lvl).

However now that there’s the Auction Dealer in Early Middle Ages I’d be chucking some of them in there to trade for other events or event upgrades

12k for a level 8 crows nest

sound very cheap
comparing to the regular prize of 2k from a SoK
Sounds about the right price to me. Previous events (going back to pillar of heroes in Feb 2018) I usually spend on average 10k diamonds per fully upgraded additional event building and this one gives back diamonds

DeletedUser118048

not saying this event is bad. saying it could be a far better one and a make more sense .. should really considered adding upgrades on wheel too :)
also.. in prev events i liked that you had to think abit and figure out a plan for best results for you.. if you wanna aim more for daily specials or steps for the grand prizes and some stuff.. here.. in this event its really all a gamble all about luck with nothing to really think about . and idk.. i think 12k for uprades is abit rough pegodas were alot less :) anyways its only my opinon tho im just leaving feedback of what could've made this event better for me thats all..
another thing is.. i think it would be nice to have Wheel auto clear its self after lets say an hour or two and limit the amount of clear each person can do or make clear and spin cost 2 coins.. im early middle era.. and players here most are new with no understanding of the game... its either the wheel goes completely empty or they just clear and spin with every click.. regardless of what prize is there... can be very annoying

Just asked an expert who has multiple nests on several different worlds. He reckons he spent an average of 11-12K per nest but didn't keep track :lol:

DeletedUser118048

Just asked an expert who has multiple nests on several different worlds. He reckons he spent an average of 11-12K per nest but didn't keep track :lol:
so my match was right :) avrage of 12k :) well 12.2 ;) 1745 diamonds per 20 coins. each map is avrage of 10 coins but upgrade only every other map. so 20 coins aka 1745 = 1 upgrade lvl 1 +7 is 8 so 1745 x 7 12.2k diamonds for lvl 8 the thing is.. even if you go ahead and spend 36k diamonds you still get nest lvl 1 from map and you dont need the one from wheel

Emberguard

Legend
:) anyways its only my opinon tho im just leaving feedback of what could've made this event better for me thats all..
And that’s what’ll be passed on :) Your feedback

in prev events i liked that you had to think abit and figure out a plan for best results for you.. if you wanna aim more for daily specials or steps for the grand prizes and some stuff.. here.. in this event its really all a gamble all about luck with nothing to really think about . and idk.. i think 12k for uprades is abit rough pegodas were alot less :)
pagodas I ended up skipping on buying so I’d have to look at what others spent to compare on that one

I agree it’s nice when events make you think (loved the archeology event). Summer wheel can have a little strategy as you decide when to refresh but yeah it’s rather limited. Last year I left a sunken treasure on the wheel and a neighbour refreshed it away :lol: