• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #76 2018-10-15 (ish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ati2

Legend
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning, everyone! :)

Hey @Ati2 for the first time ever I've finally got the 200% diamond bonus on sale :D .....and I'm hesitant to buy xD what would I spend (upto) 87k diamonds on? Events? eh. It's no more fun getting additional event buildings when I use diamonds then on my non-money world. Expansions? I can get those eventually just from playing. BPs? Easy enough to get..... but diamonds! :P Shiny, shiny diamonds! :D

View attachment 16676

Although... buying them now would keep them there for the off chance I need them :P

I never got that deal. I did end up buying some diamonds, but not as much as I originally planned. And because I got no sale, I spent the money I put aside for this on something else. So even if I get a sale now, I won't take it. I even asked support about how this works, and why and when it would be on, so I gave Inno all the chance to take my money. :D Ah well, they lost a couple hundred dollars. I'm sure it's not the end of the world for them, and I got to get something else. :)

Emberguard

Legend
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning, everyone! :)

I never got that deal. I did end up buying some diamonds, but not as much as I originally planned. And because I got no sale, I spent the money I put aside for this on something else. So even if I get a sale now, I won't take it. I even asked support about how this works, and why and when it would be on, so I gave Inno all the chance to take my money. :D Ah well, they lost a couple hundred dollars. I'm sure it's not the end of the world for them, and I got to get something else. :)
Yeah. I have no idea if support would even be given the data on when or how those deals are given out. All I have is speculation. It could be random, or it could be dependent on buying patterns, or certain countries at certain times of year.

Ati2

Legend
Yeah. I have no idea if support would even be given the data on when or how those deals are given out. All I have is speculation. It could be random, or it could be dependent on buying patterns, or certain countries at certain times of year.

I'm sure Inno has data to see when buying diamonds is most likely. I imagine (this is pure speculation) that people spend some when they start the game just because they are impatient. Then most of these people quit the game completely. So there is a chance for diamonds at the start of the game. Then people start to get the hang of it, and start building GBs, leveling them, etc. I imagine that this is another point where a majority of people spend money. But once you have many GBs up, you don't really need those diamonds anymore, and the chance to sell them is gone forever. Which is why I found it strange that I didn't get these sales when I was in the stage where I was most likely to buy. But I'm over it now--I have all the diamonds I need at the moment, and I already spent the money that I had put aside for FoE. :D

Emberguard

Legend
@Ati2 Yeah - it'd also be interesting to know whether the really big specials are only given to spenders that stop spending (to incentivize spending again) or if it's also given to those that have never spent a cent.

I'm sure Inno would have data on spending patterns - but that doesn't mean support would have that data (beyond checking whether an individual's purchase went through when they contact support for help)

Ati2

Legend
@Ati2 Yeah - it'd also be interesting to know whether the really big specials are only given to spenders that stop spending (to incentivize spending again) or if it's also given to those that have never spent a cent.

I'm sure Inno would have data on spending patterns - but that doesn't mean support would have that data (beyond checking whether an individual's purchase went through when they contact support for help)

From what I've seen so far, it's offered to those who have never spent anything. Which seems kind of unfair toward those who have.

Status
Not open for further replies.