• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fairer player attacking and plundering

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
As far as I'm concerned, if you're into LMA/Colonial or further, and you've still only got 2 Spearchumpies defending your city, then you deserve what you get!

Unless of course, you've say, designed your city to be 100% plunder-proof and are using 2 spears or 1 horseman as a way to gak on the rest of your neighbour's PvP scores of course. ;)

DeletedUser112892

All this advice is rubbish. Your not listening to anyone. I'm going to sit on my account until something proper in done. take your pathways from your so called
base and just sit and wait. I have someone with a 77 level Kraken scalping me every day. How am i supposed to compete with that.
That is invalid excuse. Kraken kills one defending unit. However, what you can do is to ask player that is plundering you to pay him specific amount of FPs every day so he doesn't plunder you :)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
This game is fair.

We all started in the stone age - Some of us didn't rush through the ages, but built up our armies and GBs methodically. We joined a good guild which helped us progress. When we enter a new age, we are prepared for it. Everyone can do this. It doesn't cost diamonds.

We all got beaten in battle as we grew - Some of us planned how to pick up our goods on time so the effect of plundering was minimal. Everyone can do this. It doesn't cost diamonds.

I have reached 25th in Dinegu without diamonds simply by being patient and playing smart. Everyone could do this. It doesn't cost diamonds.

So where is it unfair?

It seems to me the moaners just want success without the graft. No-one can do this. Even with diamonds.

DeletedUser6560

This is all pure rubbish. The coiners buy there place and the non coiners are there for the coiners to farm and that's it. The level of farming is allowed by the devs. I've played since 2012 and i've got nowhere near anything like those levels you see in game. It's disgraceful that its allowed at all and no i'm not trying to spoil peoples games i'm trying to help make it fairer and therefore better for all. Darkuros reasons we should bribe these players not to farm us. That might happen in the banana republic you want to live in.

Last edited by a moderator:

rjs66

Lieutenant
some people buy diamonds and get ahead , that is their choice to do so , it is how Inno makes part of its revenue
there are not that many people who have bought their way to the top

others (a vast majority) have been playing longer, play multiple worlds or spend more time on the game, apart from making better strategic decisions
or usually some combination of the above
some of us can compete against the mass diamond buyers by putting in more effort

what you are trying to do is make it much less fair by reducing any advantage players have gained by them spending more time and effort than you, whilst giving yourself the same benefits as they have without doing any work

why would anyone bother putting in any more effort, trying harder etc.. if it did not give them an advantage ?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
some people buy diamonds and get ahead , that is their choice to do so , it is how Inno makes part of its revenue
there are not that many people who have bought their way to the top

others (a vast majority) have been playing longer, play multiple worlds or spend more time on the game, apart from making better strategic decisions
or usually some combination of the above
some of us can compete against the mass diamond buyers by putting in more effort

what you are trying to do is make it much less fair by reducing any advantage players have gained by them spending more time and effort than you, whilst giving yourself the same benefits as they have without doing any work

why would anyone bother putting in any more effort, trying harder etc.. if it did not give them an advantage ?

Very well put.

DeletedUser6560

You don't know who has put in more effort and who hasn't. Your just making stuff up off the top of your head. How can you know that? The coiners have it too easy and that is the reality. Also if they make it to hard for the non coiners they will leave. Then they will have only other coiners to battle, which they won't like because they won't feel like there getting any benefit from there money at all, then they to will leave. As is happening in "The West" game. No-one is listening there either. protest by taking the roads from your town hall. Then we will see who is being bullied. That's called empirical evidence and not made up off the top of my head like your so called knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
You don't know who has put in more effort and who hasn't

We know who has put the effort in - we have, and you obviously haven't.

I'm surprised that someone who has been playing as long as you have can't see that.

Why don't you go play Travian or Grepolis, where you can lose your entire city in one battle. Then you might have something to complain about.

As a non-coiner (is that even a thing?), I would be very happy if players who have a problem with this brilliant game would remove their roads and then remove themselves, and let the rest of us play without being branded bullies or cheats. And the coiners can carry on paying so I get to play the game for free.

Last edited:
-1 again for the Plunder Woes - Let me see how that go again - Oooooh woe's wits me - how will I ever survive the day. All my stuff got plundered while I was away - now that's a bummer -

btw - Moving up thru the ages before you have the right stuff is - At your Own Risk -

I'm still in AF because I'm not yet ready to move into the next age where I know I'll get attacked on a regular basis - I'm still bolstering my Attack Forces and will not move forward until my Defensive GB's are properly level - in other words - about level 35 for Deal & 35 for Basil.

Agent327

Overlord
You don't know who has put in more effort and who hasn't. Your just making stuff up off the top of your head.

You are using points as a guideline, so let's use those. You have been playing since 2012 and you are on 9,5 million points you hve stated. Looking from those stats you really did not put much of an effort into it.

rjs66

Lieutenant
i have been playing since 2012

i play on 6 worlds and beta
in one of my guilds we have over 1000 days at #1 , and have reached level 75 , i know exactly what it has taken in time and effort to achieve that
(our guild doesn't have the diamond buyers in it, just a group of people who have spent a lot of time logged on working to achieve something)

so your claim that i don't know who has been putting in time and effort is ludicrous, the stats as to how many battles have been fought by players, and the guild statistics show otherwise

look at the forge-db site to see who is most active, look at people's towns, if they have a high score and very few diamond buildings (all won through events) and a large number of battles fought it just proves that hard work pays off

on my secondary worlds i have been playing them between 1 & 4 years on a casual basis and have still managed decent scores and advancement

Last edited:

DeletedUser112745

This is a strategic war game with city management elements involved. It's inevitable that you will be attacked and plundered - that's the game.
Part of your role as the player is to manage your city to make it difficult to successfully attack or minimise the amount the attacker will plunder. Tips on how to do these have already been shared by others in this thread. Videos are also available on YouTube. English game guides are available on both the EN and US forums.

If you're being plundered so much as you claim to be, then you're doing something wrong, I'm afraid. And blaming other players, especially those who spend money that pays for the game's upkeep so that you can play for free, is not going to resolve your issues of being plundered.
We have a great community here and we like to help each other. But you're not going to get that help if you point fingers instead of asking for the help, are you?

I have never spent a penny on the game. I haven't been successfully plundered for a while now - but I know that eventually I will be, because it's inevitable in a strategic war game. I'm always within the top 5 people in my hoods (but that last point doesn't matter because score is not an accurate measure of military strength).

There are other city building games out there that don't have war features such as plundering. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play this one where there is plundering features.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
This is a strategic war game with city management elements involved. It's inevitable that you will be attacked and plundered - that's the game.
Part of your role as the player is to manage your city to make it difficult to successfully attack or minimise the amount the attacker will plunder. Tips on how to do these have already been shared by others in this thread. Videos are also available on YouTube. English game guides are available on both the EN and US forums.

If you're being plundered so much as you claim to be, then you're doing something wrong, I'm afraid. And blaming other players, especially those who spend money that pays for the game's upkeep so that you can play for free, is not going to resolve your issues of being plundered.
We have a great community here and we like to help each other. But you're not going to get that help if you point fingers instead of asking for the help, are you?

I have never spent a penny on the game. I haven't been successfully plundered for a while now - but I know that eventually I will be, because it's inevitable in a strategic war game. I'm always within the top 5 people in my hoods (but that last point doesn't matter because score is not an accurate measure of military strength).

There are other city building games out there that don't have war features such as plundering. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play this one where there is plundering features.

Excellent post - Thank you Skott.

DeletedUser112892

-You can never be 100% plunder proof;
-You can put full 8 units defense, that will reduce amount of attackers by roughly 50%, as many players don't want any of their units to die;
-Make sure you collect regularly if you are active multiple times in a day. If you aren't, organize your production times so you can collect in the same time from as many buildings as it is possible;
-One thing you can also do is to ask player who is attacking and plundering you every day to put some FPs in his specific GB every day.
-Remember that you can only be plundered once a day. If you put decent defense, you will draw back many players.

I am in HMA and I mostly don't get attacked. If I get attacked, opponents retreat in most cases. If my defence is breached I am plundered once in 15 defeat battles.
Honestly, these things I mentioned about plundering are basic knowledge about avoidjng being plundered, no philosophy.

DeletedUser111732

This is a strategic war game with city management elements involved.
Actually the CEO and former lead game designer Anwar describe the game primarily as a City Builder strategy game, it has a PvP element but that was never its primary focus. It's unfortunate this conversation gets mired in a plunder dynamic when the real problem is one of competition that is not really about plunder at all.

Fact is nearly all games, sports and even psychologists of the world have figured out the best way for any competition for the group and individuals is to match them within reasonable range of ability of each other because in the end it lifts everyone up and makes everyone better and since camping is becoming more incentivised and popular you will increasingly see a polarization of those who far outweigh others in the hoods. I see it all the time now anyway as I have a city on every world on US, a few here on EN and Beta and get a pretty good picture as to how hoods get merged. You will generally see a few at the top who outweigh the rest of the hood who essentially can run roughshod over the others without fear of revenge. The only people who want to justify that are disturbed individuals merely looking to cause suffering in others and have no interest in competition, they are in the end cowardly.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
-You can never be 100% plunder proof;
-You can put full 8 units defense, that will reduce amount of attackers by roughly 50%, as many players don't want any of their units to die;
-Make sure you collect regularly if you are active multiple times in a day. If you aren't, organize your production times so you can collect in the same time from as many buildings as it is possible;
-One thing you can also do is to ask player who is attacking and plundering you every day to put some FPs in his specific GB every day.
-Remember that you can only be plundered once a day. If you put decent defense, you will draw back many players.

I am in HMA and I mostly don't get attacked. If I get attacked, opponents retreat in most cases. If my defence is breached I am plundered once in 15 defeat battles.
Honestly, these things I mentioned about plundering are basic knowledge about avoidjng being plundered, no philosophy.
Actually, as long as your entire city is composed entirely of GB's & buildings that can be motivated, it *is* possible to be effectively considered "plunder-proof".

For goods, use things like Tribal Squares/Oasis & the various event buildings that give goods only once motivated. Supplement w/a couple GB's such as LoA (easy to build very early game) and the likes of St.Marks/RAH/Atlantis/etc...

Add in Chateau for it's boost to goods (and medals + diamonds!) from quest rewards.
Throw down Dynamic Tower for daily farming of high era goods, and you're golden!

Even if someone gets through your defenses, who gives a flying rat's fart?! They get at best some coins or supplies you already have 'oodles of - Oooooooooo scary!! :lol:

And just like that, the entire plunder mechanic is rendered pointless.:P

DeletedUser112892

Actually, as long as your entire city is composed entirely of GB's & buildings that can be motivated, it *is* possible to be effectively considered "plunder-proof".

For goods, use things like Tribal Squares/Oasis & the various event buildings that give goods only once motivated. Supplement w/a couple GB's such as LoA (easy to build very early game) and the likes of St.Marks/RAH/Atlantis/etc...

Add in Chateau for it's boost to goods (and medals + diamonds!) from quest rewards.
Throw down Dynamic Tower for daily farming of high era goods, and you're golden!

Even if someone gets through your defenses, who gives a flying rat's fart?! They get at best some coins or supplies you already have 'oodles of - Oooooooooo scary!! :lol:

And just like that, the entire plunder mechanic is rendered pointless.:P
The only buildings in my city that can be plundered are Magnum Opus and Cherry Garden buildings. Every other building is 24/7 covered with motivation bonus. Goods are being gained through RQs via CF boost. Also have built LoA and St. Marks for coin and supply boost :)

DeletedUser114563

About 4 years ago I suggested that players could only attack other players of the same age group or / and players with a similar score. My idea got crucified by a lot of the players that spend their days attacking and plundering smaller players.

DeletedUser112892

About 4 years ago I suggested that players could only attack other players of the same age group or / and players with a similar score. My idea got crucified by a lot of the players that spend their days attacking and plundering smaller players.
One big minus in that idea is that players in lower ages who have advanced a lot in networth points would have only 2-3 players in neighboorhood (if they are that lucky :P) to attack.