• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily Challenge "Defeat this very large army"

Hello everyone.

Few days ago I noticed this new daily challenge quest which is to directly battle an enemy army. The size of army may vary and range from small to very large which consist of 2 waves of units.

Several of my guild members have complained about how difficult those battles can get and how they have to use diamonds to heal units in order to take out the second wave and I know for fact that some of them are really good and experienced fighters.

Today I received one of those quests. I advanced to modern Era about 3 days ago and today I'm required to take on 2 waves of modern Era units which also have over 50 percent attack and defense bonus. So basically I have to use 8 progressive era units to defeat 16 modern era units.

I think this quest is unbalanced and also there should be some kind of a cool-down timer which would prevent you from receiving such quest for at least one week from when you enter a new era.

I already sent my feedback to support but they encouraged me to also use forum for this discussion.

Any thoughts or advices are welcome.
Thank you for your time.

Edit: I forgot to mention that some players choose to play the game peacefully, they don't attack and plunder their neighbors, they negotiate in GE and for sectors on continent map. I guess anyone should have the right to play the game either as a fighter of peaceful player so there should be an alternative or rather the ability to negotiate like in GE encounters, single attempt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-30-20-58-25.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-30-20-58-25.png
    621.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
I think this quest is unbalanced and also there should be some kind of a cool-down timer which would prevent you from receiving such quest for at least one week from when you enter a new era.

Why?

This is what happens when you move up in age. You immediately face stronger units. Come monday you face stronger neighbours. Come tuesday you face stronger opponents in GE. That has always been the case. Your choice was to move up and now because of that the game needs to be made easier?

Why?

This is what happens when you move up in age. You immediately face stronger units. Come monday you face stronger neighbours. Come tuesday you face stronger opponents in GE. That has always been the case. Your choice was to move up and now because of that the game needs to be made easier?
So you are saying people should not advance or if they do they will immediately get unsolvable quests? Maybe you should think again.
As for the GE, you never advance just before GE begins, you advance after it has begun so that way you get one week to prepare. Same thing with neighbourhoods. You are just showing how you don't understand the game with comments like that. And also many players haven't advanced and got very difficult battles.

Agent327

Overlord
So you are saying people should not advance or if they do they will immediately get unsolvable quests? Maybe you should think again.
As for the GE, you never advance just before GE begins, you advance after it has begun so that way you get one week to prepare. Same thing with neighbourhoods. You are just showing how you don't understand the game with comments like that. And also many players haven't advanced and got very difficult battles.

Buddy, you advanced to Modern. Not like you are a newbie. By now you should know what happens when you advance. Pick your moment and accept you are fighting uphill in the begining.

Ofcourse players get difficult battles. It is a challenge, not a walk in the park.

Mate, as you say I'm not a newbie, but you are missing my point, I don't want easy battles but the ones that are actually doable because this new battle challenges are not a step up in difficulty but 2 steps up at least.
And my main reason to post about it was my guildies problems, they haven't advanced and they have extremely difficult battles.

Agent327

Overlord
Mate, as you say I'm not a newbie, but you are missing my point, I don't want easy battles but the ones that are actually doable because this new battle challenges are not a step up in difficulty but 2 steps up at least.
And my main reason to post about it was my guildies problems, they haven't advanced and they have extremely difficult battles.

They are not the only ones. Once again, these are challenges. You are not supposed to complete them with ease. See it as GE level 4. Those battles aren't doable for all as well. You have to work towards it.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Then your atk GB's aren't leveled up enough...
Granted, eventually it gets to the point in the more futuristic eras that fighting in general is just quite challenging, but overall, these fights are really no worse than what you'll face at the end of Lv3/into Lv4 of GE.

Also, the absolute *best* time to advance to the next age would be on Monday *after* the 'hood shuffle has gone through. Why? Well, think about it;
1. You have 2 entire weeks worth of GE to begin farming new era units.
2. You are still in your 'old era' neighbourhood, making it much, much safer all around.

So now you have 2 weeks to gather the proper era troops, but you're not in the more advanced 'hood, making you much less likely to get savaged by the big fish of your new era!
And on the plus side, you have 2 weeks to go and plunder the ever living gak out of a now much weaker 'hood! (just don't spend more than the absolute bare minimum in the tech tree to avoid randomly getting pushed up in era...)

If you want to be really, really evil about it, plan your move up in era to happen just *after* a nice big, long neighbourhood focused event has begun!lol. (ie: Carnival or Summer event)
4 weeks of old era opposition is so much fun! And by the time the event ends, you'll be good and powered up to face off against the rest of your current era players.

I did this during the Carnival event, and made out like a freaking bandit! *grins evilly*

Then your atk GB's aren't leveled up enough...
Granted, eventually it gets to the point in the more futuristic eras that fighting in general is just quite challenging, but overall, these fights are really no worse than what you'll face at the end of Lv3/into Lv4 of GE.

Also, the absolute *best* time to advance to the next age would be on Monday *after* the 'hood shuffle has gone through. Why? Well, think about it;
1. You have 2 entire weeks worth of GE to begin farming new era units.
2. You are still in your 'old era' neighbourhood, making it much, much safer all around.

So now you have 2 weeks to gather the proper era troops, but you're not in the more advanced 'hood, making you much less likely to get savaged by the big fish of your new era!
And on the plus side, you have 2 weeks to go and plunder the ever living gak out of a now much weaker 'hood! (just don't spend more than the absolute bare minimum in the tech tree to avoid randomly getting pushed up in era...)

If you want to be really, really evil about it, plan your move up in era to happen just *after* a nice big, long neighbourhood focused event has begun!lol. (ie: Carnival or Summer event)
4 weeks of old era opposition is so much fun! And by the time the event ends, you'll be good and powered up to face off against the rest of your current era players.

I did this during the Carnival event, and made out like a freaking bandit! *grins evilly*
LOL mate. Well to be honest I always negotiate on level 4.
And I consider Tuesday to be the best day to advance, right after GE begins so you won't get more difficult GE. It's true that any units or buildings you receive will be from previous era, but better that than placing yourself in situation in which you won't be able to do GE all the way to 6r and that way you won't receive much rewards... And also that way you stay in the same hood.

They are not the only ones. Once again, these are challenges. You are not supposed to complete them with ease. See it as GE level 4. Those battles aren't doable for all as well. You have to work towards it.
But there are players that want to play the game peacefully, they don't plunder neighbors, they negotiate at GE and for provinces. How will they solve that quest? In GE they can at least negotiate. And maybe that can be a solution to this problem, they can make it like GE, fight or negotiate.

Agent327

Overlord
But there are players that want to play the game peacefully, they don't plunder neighbors, they negotiate at GE and for provinces. How will they solve that quest? In GE they can at least negotiate. And maybe that can be a solution to this problem, they can make it like GE, fight or negotiate.

If you want to play peacefull, you peacefully accept that this challenge is not meant for you and you wait for the next one.

Maybe tjey will make it like GE. Time will tell.

Vesiger

Monarch
You were somewhat unlucky ; the quest also occurs as 'defeat this very small army' and possibly other variants of difficulty in between.
As for being impossible, it doesn't seem any worse to me than the case of the fighter who gets presented with 'complete 33 4-hour productions' (which happened to me the other week). The quests are random, and sometimes you get one that you can't easily or cheaply do. They are not, however, compulsory, so you can always skip any impossible ones.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
LOL mate. Well to be honest I always negotiate on level 4.
And I consider Tuesday to be the best day to advance, right after GE begins so you won't get more difficult GE. It's true that any units or buildings you receive will be from previous era, but better that than placing yourself in situation in which you won't be able to do GE all the way to 6r and that way you won't receive much rewards... And also that way you stay in the same hood.
Ask your guild for help with goods (if you need to), & just negotiate that first week... Even if you have to skip Lv4, that's still a minimum of 24 new era troops - plus whatever else any relics/DC's bring in. :)

I did this back during the Carnival Event iirc?
It was hilarious! Nearly a whole month of being in an EMA era 'hood while now at HMA. Had some good times hitting up various set buildings and/or TF's.
Outside of a major complaints, Inno won't boot you into a new 'hood once the shuffles are done, so you're generally safe and sound staying in the now lower era 'hood. (just don't go hog while on the research, 'cause that *might* trigger a move up?;) )

Key is to just plan it out properly. I'd started hording goods a couple week prior to my advance, so I already had about 1k banked up of all my HMA goods while still in EMA.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
It's a shame army buildings aren't still part of the events. I used to time levelling eras with the main events, gave me a lot of opportunity to earn troops barracks needed and better houses for pop.

DeletedUser111817

This defeat the large army is too over tuned.

On a new world in HMA and the first army is 3 x crossbows, 3 berserkers, 2 rogue. 2nd army is 3 knights, 3 berserkers and 2 rogues. All with a 10% attack and defence bonus. I can't even get close to killing this and I can't imagine many players could. It would need a few levelled GB's such as Zeus CoA and CDM.

This challenge is blatantly designed to be a diamond sink and it is very unsatisfying having to leave a challenge because it is way too hard.
I can understand some players not being setup for some challenges but when there are challenges no one can do...

On a new world in HMA and the first army is 3 x crossbows, 3 berserkers, 2 rogue. 2nd army is 3 knights, 3 berserkers and 2 rogues. All with a 10% attack and defence bonus. I can't even get close to killing this and I can't imagine many players could. It would need a few levelled GB's such as Zeus CoA and CDM.

This challenge is blatantly designed to be a diamond sink and it is very unsatisfying having to leave a challenge because it is way too hard.
I can understand some players not being setup for some challenges but when there are challenges no one can do...

Yes, a diamond sink is a good way to describe it. Today I got it again on both of my maps. This time Modern Era units have 80 percent of attack and defence bonus.

DeletedUser110327

You don't have to do challenges if you don't want to. It isn't compulsory. If you don't do a quest, you don't lose your advancement to the main chest either. I see no problems here whatsoever. If everyone could always do every quest, what would be the point of them?

vikingraider

Emperor

I've not seen one of these I couldn't do.

DeletedUser99692

Please remember with daily challenge assignments that they are based on your game age only. Not your progress through that age or what your resources are. There are no free passes for not being able to match units, scout provinces etc. You click the button and you take your chance as George Mac said "If you don't do a quest, you don't lose your advancement to the main chest either. I see no problems here whatsoever. If everyone could always do every quest, what would be the point of them?"
Yes it can be brutal but it can also be very rewarding to know you made it.

You don't have to do challenges if you don't want to. It isn't compulsory. If you don't do a quest, you don't lose your advancement to the main chest either. I see no problems here whatsoever. If everyone could always do every quest, what would be the point of them?
This is a brilliant idea,since I got the same quest again, only this time with 80% boost to my opponents defense and attack ability I will stop doing daily challenges. Thank you for your constructive input.