• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily Challenge "Defeat this very large army"

DeletedUser112892

I had the "defeat this small army" task the other day & it was just so insanely tough...
1 'zerker + 7 rogues vs. 8 knights!!

My poor army ate so much bbq'ed horse that night they're now rolling out of their barracks!:blush:
You should have put 1 heavy infantry + 7 rogues, much better, as they have much better defense bonus and also deal great portion of damage to knights. For me, that battle would end without any loses using 1H+7R :)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
You should have put 1 heavy infantry + 7 rogues, much better, as they have much better defense bonus and also deal great portion of damage to knights. For me, that battle would end without any loses using 1H+7R :)
It was 0 loses since 'Zerkers are the natural hard-counter w/their innate bonuses vs. cav. ;)

Heavy Inf can sometimes get rng screwed and whiffle only 4hp damage. (note: currently @34% atk boost)
'Zerkers clock 'em for 7-8hp damage on average, with a whiffle being 'only' 6hp. :P

Agent327

Overlord
Yes some probably moved up to contemporary as there is not much of contemporary era neighbors but almost all are postmodern which is only 1 era above me. Support said something about trying to put the same era players together but that sometimes isn't a case due to balancing reasons. But actually it's ok, I like it in there. There was only 1 attacker from postmodern era but he got plundered 3 times so he's cool now, he's aiding me regularly.

True. They balance the hood but after say 20 balanced in the end you will end up with some players left and they end up in a hood less balanced. Goal is to have no more than one era above in a hood, but when some players move up it becomes two.

DeletedUser114716

Please remember with daily challenge assignments that they are based on your game age only. Not your progress through that age or what your resources are. There are no free passes for not being able to match units, scout provinces etc. You click the button and you take your chance as George Mac said "If you don't do a quest, you don't lose your advancement to the main chest either. I see no problems here whatsoever. If everyone could always do every quest, what would be the point of them?"
Yes it can be brutal but it can also be very rewarding to know you made it.

As for "If you don't do a quest, you don't lose your advancement to the main chest either." You don't know what the quest is until you choose left or right and then if the "defeat this..." is paired up with "gather x amount coin/production" then you're locked into the quest as soon as you harvest a building.

I had difficult quests and failed but recognise that the quest was do-able and had I tried a different approach or shown a little more diligence I would have suceeded. Difficult and failure I can handle.

I've now had two "defeat this very large army" in three days with the army having 70% attack/def bonuses. Not do-able because iI haven't focused entirely on the combat side of the game but chosen to spread the interest with trading, building collection, city aesthetics etc. Are Inno aiming to make FoE more combat-centic? Or sell some military packages maybe? Surely there are enough of these type of games on the market already.

And finally, "Free Passes" ? Seriously ? Wow, that's jaded. Talk about bite the hand....my bank statement is testament to the fact that there are no free passes as far as FoE is concerned ;)
This seems to be a masterclass in how to make your customer want to take their entertainment Euro elsewhere.

DeletedUser113033

haaa! got the defeat this small army today for thefirst time!!!.... waitng for "very small" now;):lol:

A bit of an update:

I upgraded my attacking GBs, I got the Traz and AO in the meantime and this quest no longer poses an issues, but if you are fresh to a new age and get it there's nothing you can do, you're just unlucky. I consider this quest as a way to "balance out" the daily challenges after the - 1 penalty was removed.

DeletedUser109475

As FoE is essentially a medium to long term game a lost daily prize is neither here nor there in the big scheme of things. I've had all the army options and had no issues, even the 83x5 minute productions may look daunting but as there are so many events I usually have blacksmiths to use. A small area of the city is easy to clear and quickly build an additional 6 if the need arises. I figure 10 x 5 minute runs per building taking an hour allowing for collecting and restarting as I rarely sit counting the seconds down to get the absolute maximum.

Quests with map provinces can be more of a problem, these can push someone deep beyond their era so negotiation is the only option which can then cause headaches trying to acquire the goods. The flip side is often that a series of side or story quests have been completed in advance and when these are finally reached it's possible to collect several in succession with no need to fight/negotiate.

DeletedUser112069

Hello everyone.

Few days ago I noticed this new daily challenge quest which is to directly battle an enemy army. The size of army may vary and range from small to very large which consist of 2 waves of units.

Today I received one of those quests. I advanced to modern Era about 3 days ago and today I'm required to take on 2 waves of modern Era units which also have over 50 percent attack and defense bonus. So basically I have to use 8 progressive era units to defeat 16 modern era units.

I think this quest is unbalanced and also there should be some kind of a cool-down timer which would prevent you from receiving such quest for at least one week from when you enter a new era.

I just moved from LMA to Colonial Age and encountered the same situation.

However....

Unlike you, I had no problem defeating 16 Colonial Age units with 8 LMA units. Why? Because I use 7 rouges plus 1 unattached heavy or horse unit, I have a level 10 Zeus, a level 10 Cathedral of Aachen, a level 10 Castel del Monte AND I have the option to spend tavern silver for a 10%, 20% or 30% attack boost OR use a 10% - 20% attack boost from my inventory (HINT, HINT).

Not a problem kicking booty and taking names for me.