• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily Challenge "Defeat this very large army"

Fighting based DC quests;
- Defeat small/medium/large army
- Defeat X enemy units
- Win X battles
- Win Y battles without losing in between
- Solve X GE encounters by fighting. (only seen this one appear on a Tues or Wed)

'Farming'/'Peaceful' DC quests;
- Spend X fps
- Donate Y fps to GB's
- Complete X 5min/15 min/1hr/4hr/8hr productions in production buildings.
- Collect X coins
- Collect X supplies
- Pay X/Y coins and/or supplies
- Collect X goods
- Donate Y goods to guild treasury
- Complete X other quests
- Negotiate/Solve X GE encounters
- Negotiate Y GE encounters without losing in between
- Collect X tavern silver
- Spend Y tavern silver
- Activate X number of tavern boosts
- Visit X taverns
- Motivate/Polish X buildings of other

...looks to me like the DC's are massively slanted as it is towards farmers.:rolleyes:

Mate, I'm not trying to argue is there more peaceful/farming or fighting quests, so please don't drag me into discussions I haven't started :)

But since you brought it up, out of all farming quests you mentioned only this are slightly problematic for fighters :

This one a bit more:

But they are still doable.

Or do you think fighters are not able to collect x amount of tavern silver or visit x number of taverns, or any other quest you mentioned :)

However the quest which made me create this thread is not doable by any, as you call them, farmers and even to some fighters mate.

DeletedUser112892

Mate, I'm not trying to argue is there more peaceful/farming or fighting quests, so please don't drag me into discussions I haven't started :)

But since you brought it up, out of all farming quests you mentioned only this are slightly problematic for fighters :

This one a bit more:

Or do you think fighters are not able to collect x amount of tavern silver or visit x number of taverns, or any other quest you mentioned :)

However the quest which made me create this thread is not doable by any, as you call them, farmers and even to some fighters mate.
That is why I think that daily tasks should be like event quests. They should also offer choice for farmers and choice for fighters.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General

This one a bit more:

Apologies, I was replying to cfpedro - guess your bit got thrown in with how the quotes work?!

I don't have a problem with there being more 'farming/peaceful' type quests vs. the fighting - I enjoy them all!
The main thing that irks me is how *some* vocal people are basically trying to all but remove fighting from the game, because they don't like it... and/or the second you take advantage of the PvP/plunder aspect, you're obviously a low-life pile of fecal matter with no life, etc, etc...

In all, the only quest I find 'hard' of the farming types, is the 'collect 3500 tavern silver' quest...
That one is an absolute headache... even with 140 friends, it's still sometimes touch-and-go if I can gain enough silver within what's really maybe only 14-16 hours of being awake. ;)

While annoying as gak, even the "finish 60-80x 5min productions" are simple if you're smart enough to keep at least 6-8 blacksmiths around... (though 'Forge of Blacksmiths' is definitely tedious.)

Last edited:
Apologies, I was replying to cfpedro - guess your bit got thrown in with how the quotes work?!

I don't have a problem with there being more 'farming/peaceful' type quests vs. the fighting - I enjoy them all!
The main thing that irks me is how *some* vocal people are basically trying to all but remove fighting from the game, because they don't like it... and/or the second you take advantage of the PvP/plunder aspect, you're obviously a low-life pile of fecal matter with no life, etc, etc...
I thought you were quoting me, all cool bro.

And about fighting, don't get me wrong because I'm not against fighting but only against this specific quest. Actually I find fighting and plundering to be a crucial part of the game, I also fight a lot both on continent map and with my neighbors.

And yes I do plunder, stronger than me, weaker, same strength, it doesn't makes a difference when I'm on a campaign, but I do have specific rules on plundering.

For example I never attack and plunder those that aid me, I don't plunder more than 3 times a week, if someone messages me about it, I always stop. But I alway hit those that trade unfair, they are exception to my rules.

So I would never be against a good fight, I'm just advocating players that are not like me, but peaceful traders and I know there are a lot of them out there, I used to be like that in the beginning.

DeletedUser112892

I thought you were quoting me, all cool bro.

And about fighting, don't get me wrong because I'm not against fighting but only against this specific quest. Actually I find fighting and plundering to be a crucial part of the game, I also fight a lot both on continent map and with my neighbors.

And yes I do plunder, stronger than me, weaker, same strength, it doesn't makes a difference when I'm on a campaign, but I do have specific rules on plundering.

For example I never attack and plunder those that aid me, I don't plunder more than 3 times a week, if someone messages me about it, I always stop. But I alway hit those that trade unfair, they are exception to my rules.

So I would never be against a good fight, I'm just advocating players that are not like me, but peaceful traders and I know there are a lot of them out there, I used to be like that in the beginning.
I am a (little bit?) different. I plunder everyone who I attack :)
But, from the other side, I don't attack neighbors ever day. sometimes I make 2 or 3 days break :)

I am a (little bit?) different. I plunder everyone who I attack :)
But, from the other side, I don't attack neighbors ever day. sometimes I make 2 or 3 days break :)

Lol ok mate, I will rather stick to my "Rules of Engagement" thing.

Currently I'm in modern Era and have about 60 postmodern Era neighbors and about 5 from contemporary era(didn't even know that's possible) so I will have to take it a bit slow. But I still plundered like 12 or them today. It seems revenge is upon me lol

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
My rule of thumb is; I won't take your goods (from actual goods manufactories) as long as you leave mine alone. (unless it's obvious that your city is 'abandoned', and then well, you shouldn't care much if I take your goods anyways!? :P )
No.1 buildings I am for are those lovely, lovely set buildings. Then the special production buildings, and coins if there's no other option.

I usually choose just one or two days of the week to go on a full fledged 'plunder run', otherwise the only time I attack 'hoodies is when DC's ask for the various fighting tasks.
doesn't matter if you aid me or not, when it's attack time, I at least try to pick up my plunder point for the achievement medal. (even if it means stinkin' coins!lol)

I'm working atm on acquiring a full bp set for Atlantis, so I can gain a shot at the 2x plunder bonus. ;)

Emberguard

Legend
For the largest army I'd like to see a negotiate option when you click to fight the army just as you would on a continent map or in the GE

Yes you advanced to a new era. But when you do so in any other aspect you still get to slowly transition between the ages you're fighting against. GE starts on the age below transitioning to current age and then to a more difficult challenge with attack/denfece bonuses and rogues. Continent map still gives you sectors with partial previous age units before transitioning into current age fully and only has 1 wave not 2 (at least for colonial age anyway)

Anything under the largest army DC is fine with not negotiating. But the largest? That one could use an alternative

For the largest army I'd like to see a negotiate option when you click to fight the army just as you would on a continent map or in the GE

Yes you advanced to a new era. But when you do so in any other aspect you still get to slowly transition between the ages you're fighting against. GE starts on the age below transitioning to current age and then to a more difficult challenge with attack/denfece bonuses and rogues. Continent map still gives you sectors with partial previous age units before transitioning into current age fully and only has 1 wave not 2 (at least for colonial age anyway)

Anything under the largest army DC is fine with not negotiating. But the largest? That one could use an alternative

Yes I was talking about the largest army, thanks for sharing your opinion.

Buddy, you advanced to Modern. Not like you are a newbie. By now you should know what happens when you advance. Pick your moment and accept you are fighting uphill in the begining.

Yes I advanced to modern and as soon as new neighborhood was created I was placed together with postmodern and contemporary era neighbors.
I can still beat most of them, so I'm not a kind of person that minds fighting up hill.
And BTW is this the usual thing to be in a hood with much more advanced neighbors? I don't mind, it actually works in my favor but just curious about it.

Agent327

Overlord
Yes I advanced to modern and as soon as new neighborhood was created I was placed together with postmodern and contemporary era neighbors.
I can still beat most of them, so I'm not a kind of person that minds fighting up hill.
And BTW is this the usual thing to be in a hood with much more advanced neighbors? I don't mind, it actually works in my favor but just curious about it.

No it isn't. Could be some moved to contemporary after the hood was merged. If it works in your favor, stay. If not, contact Support.

DeletedUser113692

Yes. I think some age-up when hood's changed. So they think they have one up on hoodies but that doesn't work unless you have powerful MGBs set up prior. With regards high ranking but same era hood members, well that's just some people's strategy... big fish, little pond, easy pickings (helps with attack quests too)

Higher hood helps with pol/mot bps but you may also get attacked n plundered more. Do you have juicy production buildings to plunder?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Yes. I think some age-up when hood's changed. So they think they have one up on hoodies but that doesn't work unless you have powerful MGBs set up prior. With regards high ranking but same era hood members, well that's just some people's strategy... big fish, little pond, easy pickings (helps with attack quests too)

Higher hood helps with pol/mot bps but you may also get attacked n plundered more. Do you have juicy production buildings to plunder?
Most plunderers will go after the set building no.1, then Terrace Farms...
The other multi-production buildings can be more hit-and-miss. (the number of times I've gotten freaking supplies from bazaars/gondola markets. >.< )

So if when aging up plundering is a fear, maybe keep a city shield up, or else make sure you're around to collect stuff.

DeletedUser15986

Most plunderers will go after the set building no.1, then Terrace Farms...
The other multi-production buildings can be more hit-and-miss. (the number of times I've gotten freaking supplies from bazaars/gondola markets. >.< )

So if when aging up plundering is a fear, maybe keep a city shield up, or else make sure you're around to collect stuff.

One of my standard tactics... I don't tend to worry about plundering, but if I think there's a chance I won't make collections on time I'll leave a bazaar with a 5m production ready for plundering during the day and periodically check in to see if it needs a reset. :D

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
One of my standard tactics... I don't tend to worry about plundering, but if I think there's a chance I won't make collections on time I'll leave a bazaar with a 5m production ready for plundering during the day and periodically check in to see if it needs a reset. :D
I've learned now to only take those non-TF special production buildings if/when the whole city is 'quiet' with no/limited production on-going. ;)

No it isn't. Could be some moved to contemporary after the hood was merged. If it works in your favor, stay. If not, contact Support.

Yes some probably moved up to contemporary as there is not much of contemporary era neighbors but almost all are postmodern which is only 1 era above me. Support said something about trying to put the same era players together but that sometimes isn't a case due to balancing reasons. But actually it's ok, I like it in there. There was only 1 attacker from postmodern era but he got plundered 3 times so he's cool now, he's aiding me regularly.

I only got attacked by one guy from Era above but I pacified him by consecutive plundering. He is now aiding me instead attacking.