• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily Challenge "Defeat this very large army"

Please remember with daily challenge assignments that they are based on your game age only. Not your progress through that age or what your resources are. There are no free passes for not being able to match units, scout provinces etc. You click the button and you take your chance as George Mac said "If you don't do a quest, you don't lose your advancement to the main chest either. I see no problems here whatsoever. If everyone could always do every quest, what would be the point of them?"
Yes it can be brutal but it can also be very rewarding to know you made it.

I'm not looking for a free pass here, I play this game for almost 9 months and I invested a lot of my time into my 2 worlds and seen some good aspects of the game and seen some bad. I'm trying to give some feedback here, but all I've got was messages how I should not advance an era or tough up or rely on good luck to not get that quest.

Agent327

Overlord
I'm not looking for a free pass here, I play this game for almost 9 months and I invested a lot of my time into my 2 worlds and seen some good aspects of the game and seen some bad. I'm trying to give some feedback here, but all I've got was messages how I should not advance an era or tough up or rely on good luck to not get that quest.

Then let me give you some other advice. Work on your own attack power.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
This defeat the large army is too over tuned.

On a new world in HMA and the first army is 3 x crossbows, 3 berserkers, 2 rogue. 2nd army is 3 knights, 3 berserkers and 2 rogues. All with a 10% attack and defence bonus. I can't even get close to killing this and I can't imagine many players could. It would need a few levelled GB's such as Zeus CoA and CDM.

This challenge is blatantly designed to be a diamond sink and it is very unsatisfying having to leave a challenge because it is way too hard.
I can understand some players not being setup for some challenges but when there are challenges no one can do...
1 'Zerker + 7 Rogues = win.
That's actually a really, really easy one honestly. even with 0 atk bonuses that's easily doable thanks to the Rogues.
Yeah, you might lose a couple in the end, but overall, not so horrible compared to what it *could* be!

I got one on my secondary world the other day that was;
1st wave: 2x Knight + 2x 'Zerker + 2x Xbow + 2x Heavy Inf
2nd wave: 2x 'Zerker + 2x Knight + 2x Heavy Inf

THAT'S a hard-mode battle, since there's no outright hard counter to it... chances are, you're definitely gonna lose some rogues on that one. ;)

Vesiger

Monarch
The (one) large army quest I've had so far was no harder than the two-wave battles I'm used to struggling with about halfway through the GE. They may well come more difficult than that, but this one was tough but doable - for someone used to fighting at least two levels of GE. If you're not a fighter, then they're always going to be impossible. But at least it's a more interesting new type of quest than endless repeats of 'twenty blacksmiths' production cycles...

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The (one) large army quest I've had so far was no harder than the two-wave battles I'm used to struggling with about halfway through the GE. They may well come more difficult than that, but this one was tough but doable - for someone used to fighting at least two levels of GE. If you're not a fighter, then they're always going to be impossible. But at least it's a more interesting new type of quest than endless repeats of 'twenty blacksmiths' production cycles...
Meh, I'll even happily do 20-40 blacksmith productions...
I'm honestly just thankful we haven't yet reached the Elvenar level of, "complete 110+ 5min productions" :P

Now THAT is a truly hellish task!lol

DeletedUser99692

My apologies if the comment "free pass" offended anyone it was not intended to just to point out that Daily challenges do not take individual players circumstances into consideration unlike game quests.

DeletedUser113692

Yes, no matter buying tavern attack boosts and having GB boosts, I lost two attempts at it. That's a lot of tavern silver!
But, end of day, I just thought "what the heck" and went for it without purchasing.

I won the challenge! It came down to what troops I chose to fight and the number of each (and luck I guess with the AI). 3 attempts and a lot of practice - troops are replaceable and you have 24 hours to do it in to re-jig army.

As others say, you won't lose by not doing the daily at the end of the days for the final reward!

As per GE, Cont. map... be patient, wait to get higher level GBs, special buildings and before you know it you'll be terrorising everyone's army! And don't age up too fast, you'll never catch-up with the stronger forces. Age sitting for a very long time is boring but satisfying with results, and good prep for entering next age.

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies if the comment "free pass" offended anyone it was not intended to just to point out that Daily challenges do not take individual players circumstances into consideration unlike game quests.
No need for apologies as far as I'm concerned. Your comment was among the polite ones :)

As per GE, Cont. map... be patient, wait to get higher level GBs, special buildings and before you know it you'll be terrorising everyone's army! And don't age up too fast, you'll never catch-up with the stronger forces.

I don't have problems with GE, I mostly fight first 3 levels and mostly negotiate on level 4. Same on continent map, I don't need to rush because I can produce modern Era good without acquiring any province from that era(I only don't have the third boosted good deposit)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Today's quest : "Finish 83 5-minute productions". Do you think they were listening to you? :lol:
It's still not 110, so, they weren't totally listening!? :P

I think this new 'defeat X/Y/Z army' challenge is great overall!
I really like how we now have a nice challenge for the fighters which doesn't result in a tirade of angry 'hoodies, and/or, just involves tedious boredom of 'farming' 50-60+ kills out of a single GE encounter...
We have tons of possible tasks for all the farmers already, plus, it might finally force people in general out of their comfort zone and try out the fighting side of things for some of the better prizes. (and I daresay, 'fight a really tough battle' is still 1000000000x better than '**** away 150-200+ goods to the guild treasury that'll never get used!' quests. ;) )

As long as the AI stays as is and goes after the Rogues first, it's a doable challenge for the lower era cities who mostly don't have big atk% bonuses yet.
Now if the AI changes and the 'Rogue trickery' no longer works, then we'll have serious problems for a good many/most Iron -> LMA cities.

Overlord 1

Corporal
Hello everyone.

Few days ago I noticed this new daily challenge quest which is to directly battle an enemy army. The size of army may vary and range from small to very large which consist of 2 waves of units.

Several of my guild members have complained about how difficult those battles can get and how they have to use diamonds to heal units in order to take out the second wave and I know for fact that some of them are really good and experienced fighters.

Today I received one of those quests. I advanced to modern Era about 3 days ago and today I'm required to take on 2 waves of modern Era units which also have over 50 percent attack and defense bonus. So basically I have to use 8 progressive era units to defeat 16 modern era units.

I think this quest is unbalanced and also there should be some kind of a cool-down timer which would prevent you from receiving such quest for at least one week from when you enter a new era.

I already sent my feedback to support but they encouraged me to also use forum for this discussion.

Any thoughts or advices are welcome.
Thank you for your time.

Edit: I forgot to mention that some players choose to play the game peacefully, they don't attack and plunder their neighbors, they negotiate in GE and for sectors on continent map. I guess anyone should have the right to play the game either as a fighter of peaceful player so there should be an alternative or rather the ability to negotiate like in GE encounters, single attempt.
Hello everyone.

Few days ago I noticed this new daily challenge quest which is to directly battle an enemy army. The size of army may vary and range from small to very large which consist of 2 waves of units.

Several of my guild members have complained about how difficult those battles can get and how they have to use diamonds to heal units in order to take out the second wave and I know for fact that some of them are really good and experienced fighters.

Today I received one of those quests. I advanced to modern Era about 3 days ago and today I'm required to take on 2 waves of modern Era units which also have over 50 percent attack and defense bonus. So basically I have to use 8 progressive era units to defeat 16 modern era units.

I think this quest is unbalanced and also there should be some kind of a cool-down timer which would prevent you from receiving such quest for at least one week from when you enter a new era.

I already sent my feedback to support but they encouraged me to also use forum for this discussion.

Any thoughts or advices are welcome.
Thank you for your time.

Edit: I forgot to mention that some players choose to play the game peacefully, they don't attack and plunder their neighbors, they negotiate in GE and for sectors on continent map. I guess anyone should have the right to play the game either as a fighter of peaceful player so there should be an alternative or rather the ability to negotiate like in GE encounters, single attempt.
I have gotten several of those already myself and won most of them but I agree some of the younger player that are in lower ages will have a major problem with this. I agree should have at least once a week on this

DeletedUser114563

the legend88 said

Your points are very valid but nothing will change obviously, sorry mate :)
I also choose to play peacefully myself but a lot of players don't understand that ( or don't want to ).
I go out of my way to help my guild members and that's my top priority in my 4 games.

I also choose to play peacefully myself but a lot of players don't understand that ( or don't want to ).
I go out of my way to help my guild members and that's my top priority in my 4 games.

Yes I suppose not, but it also doesn't hurt to provide a bit of feedback, and suggestion on alternative, for example let players negotiate trough in a same fashion as GE encounter and difficulty same as on level 4 and only 1 attempt.

I started out as a peaceful player but after some time I started to fight more, a lot more. So I will just pump my attack and defence bonus and blast them out, I don't worry much about myself I only provided my situation as an example.

I started this discussion because some of my guild members had extreme difficulty with this quest,and to provide alternative solution for peaceful players.
It does seem logical if you think about it, GE can be done without a single battle, provinces can be negotiated for goods...

But I have to admit, since - 1 penalty for not doing daily was removed this is a logical way to make the Challengers Chest harder to get, otherwise it would be easy . Although I still think it should be tweaked so you won't receive it immediately upon unlocking the new era or several times a week, at least not this hardest variant.

As long as the AI stays as is and goes after the Rogues first, it's a doable challenge for the lower era cities who mostly don't have big atk% bonuses yet.
Now if the AI changes and the 'Rogue trickery' no longer works, then we'll have serious problems for a good many/most Iron -> LMA cities.

I really hope it will remain the same otherwise my attempts to increase my fighting abilities will go to waste lol

DeletedUser114563

I open the daily challenges and If I see that there some ridiculous tasks I just ignore it.
Some of my smaller guild members have also expressed that some daily quest can only be done with the use of diamonds, I tell them not to waste diamonds on any daily quest.

DeletedUser114292

Yea this is a joke. I am at the end of my era with all troops and got smashed on 3 different days. Will not attempt this op joke again

DeletedUser111866

Yep, I have to support both sides here. "Defeat a very large army" is an impassable wall in early ages, unless you pay of course, but since they stopped penalizing players for not completing DCs, I think they are fair game. It's frustrating to get one of these in Iron Age and with a 30FP or 5-100FP chest as reward, but getting one with a 100% coins or supplies reward is just an indication of "today's DC is useless, don't bother". I actually expect that the army is a rough equivalent to a middle battle in GE4, which some people do win with all their mega attack bonuses, so this gives them some real challenge, so high era fighters would likely say they need this kind of stuff. I personally am not such a fighter, but having these around do push me towards getting high combat bonuses to at least resemble one. So, to summarize, frustrating as heck, but good overall. Maybe finetune it somehow, so smaller people won't hit an impenetrable wall, but leave them around.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
the legend88 said

Fighting based DC quests;
- Defeat small/medium/large army
- Defeat X enemy units
- Win X battles
- Win Y battles without losing in between
- Solve X GE encounters by fighting. (only seen this one appear on a Tues or Wed)

'Farming'/'Peaceful' DC quests;
- Spend X fps
- Donate Y fps to GB's
- Complete X 5min/15 min/1hr/4hr/8hr productions in production buildings.
- Collect X coins
- Collect X supplies
- Pay X/Y coins and/or supplies
- Collect X goods
- Donate Y goods to guild treasury
- Complete X other quests
- Negotiate/Solve X GE encounters
- Negotiate Y GE encounters without losing in between
- Collect X tavern silver
- Spend Y tavern silver
- Activate X number of tavern boosts
- Visit X taverns
- Motivate/Polish X buildings of other players

...looks to me like the DC's are massively slanted as it is towards farmers.:rolleyes:

And yes, I know I left out the 'gain sectors' quest, but you can keep those locked away by just NEVER leaving ANY open sectors on your main map!! (otherwise, if you do have open sectors/province, like say, during a big event, just ignore that day's challenge.)