• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Bullies

DeletedUser110481

Oh great suggestion. I'll just stagnate my progression for years in an effort to try to avoid players that have played years longer than i, knowing that I'll still be behind them.

And i'm not sure why it is some people refuse to countenance the idea of a peaceful game. Why cant we aspire for a game that makes all players happy.
Please check out my suggestion at:

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/pvp-and-non-pvp-neighbourhoods.34107/

It is designed to allow players whi want to fight to continue fighting and players who want to farm to be able to farm in peace.

DeletedUser110481

Praeceptr , you seem more worried about the word Pissing than the rest of the context of my comments above. Perhaps I distracted you a bit.. ok hitting on another player city is really not pvp , not in FoE . Because its not playing against 'real opponents'. Its simply playing against the standard of skill AI has been programmed to be together with the player choice of ai abilities building boosts and help from the players guild level boosts . A real pvp game can demand gamers of varient skills above ai unit and city management and the challenge of player vs player a true pvp experience. It includes player cognitive skills , reactions, planning and player experience amongst many more human abilities. And even when under stress or tiredness. In this game players can switch off, have a whiskey and puff a pipe or whatever whilst hoping their stupid AI looks after them. Dont kid yourself that there are pvp gaming inclusion here , its simply city and AI defence management .
In forums you ought to be aware that there are always ideas with possible improved changes that can be made through reasonable debate . Suggesting that players accept things as is or 'irritate off' as your response is not a constructive way forward.

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/pvp-and-non-pvp-neighbourhoods.34107/

It is designed to allow players whi want to fight to continue fighting and players who want to farm to be able to farm in peace.

DeletedUser110481

I sympathise with the initial poster of this thread and nany many of the others reaponding with similar annoyances with the greedy players who dont seem to understand they are pissing fellow players off. My issue is with game management who think this plundering aspect of the game is ok and who fully encourage it not the 'bullies' particularly, who dont care that ordinary human beings wanting to relax are being pissed off.
Many of us have a hard days stressful job and want a fun experience playing games in our leisure. Being pissed off aint fun. I love this game and have taken off road my townhalls in a couple of my cities in frustration. Im a gamer of 12 years in a proper pvp pc game , operation flashpoint and arma. They are almost true war gaming simulation games which truly test pvp skills and very rewarding. With the crappy ai defence in foe this is just a farce and a rediculous excuse for pvp game inclusion.
Stop this plundering and concentrate on all the rest that is awsome in this game
Eq.

DeletedUser110195

Yes your honour. Somebody punched me in the face and took my money. That's why I went up to somebody who had never done anything to me and punched them in the face and stole their money.

JUDGE: Well that certainly is a well designed arguement. You are let off on all charges
This is a game, you didn't lose anything real, just maybe part of a day's fictional production. In other games I play where war is the name of the game(really it is)if any member of the opposing faction attacks me, I declare that day to be a 'no fecks given' day and I attack every member of that faction I see, regardless if they did anything to me or not, because that game, like this game....is a GAME. I did not die, I did not have anything tangible stolen from me.

It's people like you who would argue that video games make people violent, because you can't seem to distinguish reality from fantasy.

DeletedUser111662

And this kids is why we don't rush ahead in the ages.

Blame the victim
If you think the guy who's plundering you, and laughing at you getting pissed off about it, has ALWAYS been able to do this with ease, and has never had someone do it TO HIM, you're kidding yourself. He learned what he needed to do to plunder whoever he wants. No it is not bullying, stop rushing ahead in the ages, get the defensive GBs built and leveled high, put a STRONG defense up, or just collect on time, there are zero consequences if there's nothing for someone to plunder.

This is so frustrating! You guys aren't listening. I know I need those structures to defend my city. I know I shouldn't have run through to the HMA in so short a time. But I'm here and I'm suffering.

You're like telling me I shouldn't have got into my car this morning so I wouldn't have got in an accident!

And yeah I'm aware that my plunderer has had the same done to him years prior. Where else would he have learnt his tricks!

All I'm saying is that the developer shouldn't pair players in a neighbourhood soley based on which era you have reached! It should be era + points based so that no one ends up with a BULLY who packs a whopping 300k points while the weaker player has only 3k.

And to put things into perspective. In my main world i was attacked and plundered by a player who was much weaker than me. I only blamed myself for having only 3 troops protecting my city. Totally on me that one!

DeletedUser110481

This is a game, you didn't lose anything real, just maybe part of a day's fictional production. In other games I play where war is the name of the game(really it is)if any member of the opposing faction attacks me, I declare that day to be a 'no fecks given' day and I attack every member of that faction I see, regardless if they did anything to me or not, because that game, like this game....is a GAME. I did not die, I did not have anything tangible stolen from me.

It's people like you who would argue that video games make people violent, because you can't seem to distinguish reality from fantasy.

Sorry I used a real world analogy. How dare I. Strangely there was a post earlier about how the plundering was like the real world because it has happened throughout history. Strange how you didn't complain about that.

But of course I'm not allowed to use analogies to disagree with you because you're special.

DeletedUser110195

You're like telling me I shouldn't have got into my car this morning so I wouldn't have got in an accident!
No, I'm telling you if you'd taken your time, and not driven like an idiot...you would've seen the other guy coming and braked in time...or in this case had a strong enough defense to make his losses exceed what he took from you if anything, if you collect on time.

All I'm saying is that the developer shouldn't pair players in a neighbourhood soley based on which era you have reached! It should be era + points based so that no one ends up with a BULLY who packs a whopping 300k points while the weaker player has only 3k.
Oh I would love to have seen the world class whining you put out, if you'd been playing when it was common to have someone 8 ages above you in the same neighborhood. You think it's bad when someone your own age attacks you with same age units? Wait until you face off with someone whose army consists of things that will melt anything you have before it can even reach them.

DeletedUser110195

Sorry I used a real world analogy. How dare I. Strangely there was a post earlier about how the plundering was like the real world because it has happened throughout history. Strange how you didn't complain about that.

But of course I'm not allowed to use analogies to disagree with you because you're special.
There is a WORLD of difference between the consequences of being attacked in the real world and a game. I am done arguing with you about this. You want your safe space free of the horrors of someone stealing a handful of goods because you couldn't get on when you needed to and you're tired of having to figure out how to keep those mean old plunderers away so you want nanny Inno to do it for you.

DeletedUser110179

And i'm not sure why it is some people refuse to countenance the idea of a peaceful game. Why cant we aspire for a game that makes all players happy.
I don't think that's possible ... leastways not all the time ... even Farmville and SimCity have their own disappointments, obstacles and emotional suffering.
In the game of life there is no escape from happiness and anguish in equal measure ... so too in the virtual world.

FoE without teeth is like an old man playing chess against himself .

This is so frustrating! You guys aren't listening. I know I need those structures to defend my city. I know I shouldn't have run through to the HMA in so short a time. But I'm here and I'm suffering.
I don't tell guys that want to climb Mount Everest that they shouldn't ... and that pain and suffering will be their friend.
Discomfort is your ally in conquering challenges and obstacles in a bid to succeed.

Taking away all the mountains/hills and creating a flat-earth isn't a solution for happiness (peaceful or otherwise) .

FoE is our Everest !
everest.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I am done arguing with you about this.

I gave up a while ago Augustavian. Luckily there is no evidence that Inno has any intention of pandering to the supporters of this nonsense - in fact the opposite seems to be true, and still not one message on the ideas board in support. Let them waste their time on this; they're not wasting any more of mine :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser110481

I gave up a while ago Augustavian. Luckily there is no evidence that Inno has any intention of pandering to the supporters of this nonsense - in fact the opposite seems to be true, and still not one message on the ideas board in support. Let them waste their time on this; they're not wasting any more of mine :)

lol This is the third time that you have said that you're not going to write anything any more

Vesiger

Monarch
Plundering depends a lot more on your neighbours then on your defence; in the time I've been playing FoE I've found myself in very largely peaceful neighbourhoods (ones where people actually send messages apologising for having attacked you because 'It's just for the Tower this week'!)
And then there has been one player who keeps getting shuffled in and out of my neighbourhood (or with whom I keep catching up). The one player who attacks everyone else. The one player who actually had a neighbourhood thread started about him. When he's around, he attacks and plunders me and I can't beat him. Strangely enough, my other neighbours don't, although I have the same defence mounted against them as against him (the strongest possible).
Perhaps no-one told them how to play the game properly? I can survive one player plundering me at every opportunity he gets (I'd lose more goods by setting my buildings to 24-hour production than I do by letting him plunder one of three). If every player who was stronger than I was did the same, the game would be incredibly dispiriting. Oddly enough, most of them choose not to.

DeletedUser110195

I'd lose more goods by setting my buildings to 24-hour production than I do by letting him plunder one of three
Vesiger....your math has failed you. 3, 8 hour productions take 24 hours and a couple minutes thanks to drift....losing one, gives you 20 goods, same as one single 24 hour production, with the bonus that the plunderer got nothing.

I would say plundering is a lot less prevalent because as time marches on, people who get nothing consistently, causes them to stop trying for it, which erodes the number of active plunderers. A guy who plundered every chance he got, got shuffled out of my 'hood before the event, and is now back in it. He's beaten my defense 3 times so far, as he always did before...he has yet to plunder anything, even though a day was wide open for him to do so.

DeletedUser110797

kkipperr, there is one sure way to stop the blood pouring from your head.........STOP BANGING IT AGAINST THE WALL. Fighting AND plundering are fundamental to the game. Either you go along with it or you should do something else. I don't know how many people play this game, maybe 1.5 million, but what I do know is that there would not be anywhere near enough players who prefer the game as you would like it for INNO to even consider such a change.
The change would be so fundamental that it could no longer be called Forge of Empires.

I was drawn to this game (I previously played Age of Empires) because it has all the right elements in the right balance and best of all you don't lose everything when things go wrong and it can be played at a leisurely pace.
The reason I quit on Age of Empires was because everything had to be done at speed which meant, for me anyway, that playing the game was not very relaxing at all.

I respect your right to express your opinion and your suggestion is sound...........as the basis for other games....... and other posters have directed you to the other games that should satisfy your preferences.

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHecate

Major-General
Oh I would love to have seen the world class whining you put out, if you'd been playing when it was common to have someone 8 ages above you in the same neighborhood.
Ah, those were the days! I remember being in ME and waking up one Monday to find myself in a 'hood with 70+ AF players! Ended up just disconnecting my road network for 2 weeks!!!

DeletedUser110195

Ah, those were the days! I remember being in ME and waking up one Monday to find myself in a 'hood with 70+ AF players! Ended up just disconnecting my road network for 2 weeks!!!
Did you also remove your defense just to spit in their eye a second time?

DeletedUser110481

Plundering depends a lot more on your neighbours then on your defence; in the time I've been playing FoE I've found myself in very largely peaceful neighbourhoods (ones where people actually send messages apologising for having attacked you because 'It's just for the Tower this week'!)
And then there has been one player who keeps getting shuffled in and out of my neighbourhood (or with whom I keep catching up). The one player who attacks everyone else. The one player who actually had a neighbourhood thread started about him. When he's around, he attacks and plunders me and I can't beat him. Strangely enough, my other neighbours don't, although I have the same defence mounted against them as against him (the strongest possible).
Perhaps no-one told them how to play the game properly? I can survive one player plundering me at every opportunity he gets (I'd lose more goods by setting my buildings to 24-hour production than I do by letting him plunder one of three). If every player who was stronger than I was did the same, the game would be incredibly dispiriting. Oddly enough, most of them choose not to.

I also have not been plundered as much as people seem to think. I have said that a few times on this thread. I think I've lost about 6 things in 9 months. The reason that I started all of this is because two people left the game because they were being constantly plundered by multiple people. I still feel really angry that there are some people who enjoy ruining other people's fun, but I proposed a solution so that those people can stay in the game. Sadly, a lot of people have gone "how dare you! You will ruin our fun if we can't ruin other people's fun!"

I don't mind if other people attack just for the medals, but, strangely it still creeps me out lol. I know it's only in my mind that it does so, but it's kind of like they have broke into your house and even though they didn't break anything or still anything, they pooed in your toilet and didn't flush it Yes, you can just push the toilet button and it's gone, but it still is kind of icky lol. I would feel much better if they sent a message apologising though. That sounds very civilized.

DeletedUser108379

........ I still feel really angry that there are some people who enjoy ruining other people's fun,.....

Well, I think, ruining other people's fun, is exactly what you are trying to do.

This game has been out for 5 years now. There are a lot of people playing and enjoying this game, some even for those 5 years now.

There is no browser game that suits all people, what people like differs, so a game cannot as enjoyable to everybody. Some people left this play. This is normal in a browser game, people are testing, whether they like the game or not. When they do not like the game, they go and test another game, until they find one, that they really enjoy. That one play does not suit everybody is the reason there are different browser games. I think that is a good think. Nobody has to play a specific game, there are many opportunities for playing, so everyone can go and find a game he likes best.

That some people have left this game because they did not like one aspect of this game is ok, it is no reason to alter this game, because there are many who like the game as it is now.

Why do you want to chance a game, that many enjoy?

Please keep in mind, there is no one fits all game possible. Many have told you about Elvenar, that is very similar to FOE, but without plundering. So there is really no need, to change this game, as there is already a game available that covers the wish for a peacefull neighbourhood.

vikingraider

Emperor

I've thought about sending my hood messages along the lines of; 'Please make sure you have at least 1 champion in your defensive army, set 24 hour productions, and to let me know when your Palace is ready. Thank you.'

DeletedUser100832

hi vikingraider!

Well, thank you for the neighbourly message of support. You'd be pleased to know that I am on 24 hour productions and I will put a champ in my defence. As for my palace, I always collect it at 4:15am your time, but I use a hidden feature: you can only see the finished production if you put your underpants on your head and dance an Irish jig.