• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Bullies

DeletedUser110195

I am still completely not understanding why PvP players are so against this.
Because at one point in our FoE careers we weren't fighters, at one point in our fighting careers, we weren't plunderers, but those things existed despite our not having joined their ranks. We learned how to deal with them and can shrug them off now. You want an easy way out, you want someone to do the hard work of making your city un-plunderable for you. That is what we're against.

I take the farmer route on 9 of 10 worlds, and guess what? I'm not plundered, because I know how to set a flipping defense.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Is the reason that you don't want this change still going back to the bullying? It is the only reason that I can possibly imagine because all of the other arguments are, frankly, quite stupid. Deliberately upsetting somebody just because you can is not the sign of a healthy mind.

And you don't consider insulting experienced players by calling them stupid and not of sound mind to be deliberately upsetting?

I have tried to reason with you, but now I've had enough of your nonsense. Read the comments. You have negligible support. No one likes your idea in the ideas section. Give it up, learn to play properly, or go play Elevenar. It is quite clear that you will continue to hold this unreasonable view of players who are just playing a game the way it was designed. It is extremely unlikely that you will ever find yourself in the same neighbourhood as me because you will never progress that far, so you won't have to cry about losing any paltry goods when you are attacked. That's not a threat, it's not bullying, it's just playing the game. Get over it.

LadyHecate

Major-General
"It's not our fault, you should have defended yourself" seems to be the most common thread.
Most players who do complain do not complain about being attacked; they complain about being plundered! Even some of the top players on each of the worlds still get successfully attacked, however, they will generally collect on time and thus there is nothing to plunder. Thus, it's not about "... you should have defended yourself", it's more about "...you should have collected on time!".
As a plunderer myself on my main world, I will always attack a strong defence at the expense of losing troops if I know that I'm always going to get to plunder something decent. Meanwhile, I will generally leave an easier semi-decent defence city alone most times if I know I'm never going to get to plunder anything because the owner collects on time.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
IT'S NOT BULLYING!!!! IT'S A GAME - NOT REALITY!!!

If you employ a weak defense in chess, do you blame your opponent for beating you? No - you learn to play better.

It's sad that this seems to happen in a lot of sports and games. Poor players want to change the rules instead of improving their playing.

You may now have the last word because I'm sick of your condescending arrogance and willful lack of understanding.

rjs66

Lieutenant
goods and supplies used to spoil after a period of being ready to collect (based on the length of time the production had been running) , this was removed, it used to make people collect on time even if they didn't get plundered.

the game is described as "a city building strategy game" on the inno website

part of the strategy of the game is finding a balance between resource production, defending your city and military power, your city is meant to be designed to reflect all 3 of these aspects of the game, removing any one of these aspects removes a whole lot of strategy from from the game .

it is not just a game of war, nor of city building
without the threat of being plundered people won't bother defending their cities, without the chance to plunder most people won't attack cities (not everyone does GvG, not everyone fights through GE), without resources your city won't grow
all these aspects must be taken into account when playing FOE, remove the need for any one of them and it cease to be FOE and becomes a sim-cty or war game clone

what differentiates this game from many others is the need to take all the different aspects into account

DeletedUser107000

I see people arguing against the idea of a peaceful game, citing responses like "have a better defence" or "collect your resources on time". To the first, I respond by saying that against a high enough opponent, then no defence is ever going to keep some of those players out. I'm in the Oceanic Future and I found myself the victim of a player who was ten times my score. With GB bonuses so extreme, any defence was useless. There is nothing more frustrating than being attacked by the same player, day after day, who is plundering the same building that I so desperately needed to produce. Until that neighbourhood changed, my city development effectively stagnated. In regards to collecting resources on time. I can't speak for others, but I do actually have a life outside this game. A full time job as well as other commitments. I cannot always be available to collect the resources the moment they come due.

I personally don't have an issue with being attacked. I'll even tolerate sporadic plundering. Personally I very rarely attack other players (expeditions and missions do me just fine), except perhaps in retribution. But when it becomes constant, then I find myself in a position that I can't simply dismiss other players suggestions to consider more peaceful options.

DeletedUser111662

It's a strategy game, and attacking other players is as much part of a strategy as defending your city is. I agree!

However, in one of my worlds I'm at 15,000 points and in the HMA. I was put in the same neighbourhood as some players who had 150k points on me. There were about 6 of them. One of these high ranked players attacked every day, and plundered every day. He was always off with my goods.

I yelled at him and he laughed at me. In his words it was all my fault !!

Now, bullies are inherently stupid and rely only on their strengths (He had a pimped out Zeus, Aachen and CdM and had a variety of soldier camps to replenish his troops)

Victims may let it happen but eventually rely on their wits (because face it, we're smarter than bullies). So i contacted the top 15 players of the hood (my daily stalker was ranked 6th i think) and pled with them to attack him on my behalf. I even offered FPs in return for their contribution.

Now guess what they all had to say ... They had never been attacked by this player !!!

Now, I ask you. How is this not bullying? He attacks the weak, and leaves the stronger players alone?

This is school yard rules lesson 1 !!

I'm not against attacking others (even though I never first-strike) .. But this type of bullying MUST be addressed. The aim of the game is to progress throughout the ages, at your own pace.

I agree, part of progressing is that players need to ensure that they adequately defend their cities. An army, some defensive structures, whatever ...

But they MUST be given the chance to actually do this!

Imagine that in this 'hood I get robbed by the top 5 players every day. Every day, they run away with my goods. Do you honestly think that is fair? How am i supposed to progress? How am I supposed to get through the GE to get the defences I so really need? How am I supposed to get the Monastery, if I can't fund the troops or pay for the provinces with goods?

You're both right and you're both wrong!

Players should not be paired up with bullies who refuse to progress throughout the ages and are hundreds of thousands of points ahead of the bottom players of a 'hood! If they choose to bully, let them suffer in a hood that is playing at their level.

DeletedUser110195

If you think the guy who's plundering you, and laughing at you getting pissed off about it, has ALWAYS been able to do this with ease, and has never had someone do it TO HIM, you're kidding yourself. He learned what he needed to do to plunder whoever he wants. No it is not bullying, stop rushing ahead in the ages, get the defensive GBs built and leveled high, put a STRONG defense up, or just collect on time, there are zero consequences if there's nothing for someone to plunder.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
An interesting new development on the beta server. There is now an icon in the social bar which tells you who can be plundered.

DeletedUser110195

It's almost like the devs hear the whining and deliberately design the game to favor plunderers even more....the Kraken, Voyager V1, Atlantis Museum....GBs making it easier to plunder and far more worth the effort popping up with ever growing frequency, it's like watching Newton's Third Law of Motion in forum to game form.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
It's almost like the devs hear the whining and deliberately design the game to favor plunderers even more....the Kraken, Voyager V1, Atlantis Museum....GBs making it easier to plunder and far more worth the effort popping up with ever growing frequency, it's like watching Newton's Third Law of Motion in forum to game form.

Certainly seems that way.

DeletedUser110179

when it becomes constant, then I find myself in a position that I can't simply dismiss other players suggestions to consider more peaceful options.
Even constant isn't really constant since neighborhoods are rotated .

You are a victim of your own situation if you don't formulate a plan to overcome obstacles and difficulties ...
(in much the same way that native tribes around the world are victims of change) .

Go big or go home !
Plunder 200px.png

DeletedUser107000

And this kids is why we don't rush ahead in the ages.
Oh great suggestion. I'll just stagnate my progression for years in an effort to try to avoid players that have played years longer than i, knowing that I'll still be behind them.

And i'm not sure why it is some people refuse to countenance the idea of a peaceful game. Why cant we aspire for a game that makes all players happy.

DeletedUser110195

Oh great suggestion. I'll just stagnate my progression for years in an effort to try to avoid players that have played years longer than i, knowing that I'll still be behind them.

And i'm not sure why it is some people refuse to countenance the idea of a peaceful game. Why cant we aspire for a game that makes all players happy.
Well then by all means keep pushing ahead without building up your defenses so when you do finally run into those players who have been around long enough to smartly build up their ability to fight and defend before running into people who've already done that, don't complain when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

We have all played within the system as it is and we enjoy the challenge of catching up to those more established players and being able to stand toe to toe with them. We do not want it taken away because a bunch of whiners picked the wrong game.

DeletedUser110481

Well then by all means keep pushing ahead without building up your defenses so when you do finally run into those players who have been around long enough to smartly build up their ability to fight and defend before running into people who've already done that, don't complain when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

We have all played within the system as it is and we enjoy the challenge of catching up to those more established players and being able to stand toe to toe with them. We do not want it taken away because a bunch of whiners picked the wrong game.

That won't be taken away. There will still be a neighbourhood with those players in and you can continue to participate.

DeletedUser110481

It's a strategy game, and attacking other players is as much part of a strategy as defending your city is. I agree!

However, in one of my worlds I'm at 15,000 points and in the HMA. I was put in the same neighbourhood as some players who had 150k points on me. There were about 6 of them. One of these high ranked players attacked every day, and plundered every day. He was always off with my goods.

I yelled at him and he laughed at me. In his words it was all my fault !!

Now, bullies are inherently stupid and rely only on their strengths (He had a pimped out Zeus, Aachen and CdM and had a variety of soldier camps to replenish his troops)

Victims may let it happen but eventually rely on their wits (because face it, we're smarter than bullies). So i contacted the top 15 players of the hood (my daily stalker was ranked 6th i think) and pled with them to attack him on my behalf. I even offered FPs in return for their contribution.

Now guess what they all had to say ... They had never been attacked by this player !!!

Now, I ask you. How is this not bullying? He attacks the weak, and leaves the stronger players alone?

This is school yard rules lesson 1 !!

I'm not against attacking others (even though I never first-strike) .. But this type of bullying MUST be addressed. The aim of the game is to progress throughout the ages, at your own pace.

I agree, part of progressing is that players need to ensure that they adequately defend their cities. An army, some defensive structures, whatever ...

But they MUST be given the chance to actually do this!

Imagine that in this 'hood I get robbed by the top 5 players every day. Every day, they run away with my goods. Do you honestly think that is fair? How am i supposed to progress? How am I supposed to get through the GE to get the defences I so really need? How am I supposed to get the Monastery, if I can't fund the troops or pay for the provinces with goods?

You're both right and you're both wrong!

Players should not be paired up with bullies who refuse to progress throughout the ages and are hundreds of thousands of points ahead of the bottom players of a 'hood! If they choose to bully, let them suffer in a hood that is playing at their level.

Please check out my suggestion at:

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/pvp-and-non-pvp-neighbourhoods.34107/

It is designed to allow players whi want to fight to continue fighting and players who want to farm to be able to farm in peace.

DeletedUser110481

If you think the guy who's plundering you, and laughing at you getting pissed off about it, has ALWAYS been able to do this with ease, and has never had someone do it TO HIM, you're kidding yourself. He learned what he needed to do to plunder whoever he wants. No it is not bullying, stop rushing ahead in the ages, get the defensive GBs built and leveled high, put a STRONG defense up, or just collect on time, there are zero consequences if there's nothing for someone to plunder.

Yes your honour. Somebody punched me in the face and took my money. That's why I went up to somebody who had never done anything to me and punched them in the face and stole their money.

JUDGE: Well that certainly is a well designed arguement. You are let off on all charges