• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Support Team Feedback! part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
salior, may I suggest that if you don't like being plundered you go and play a game like croquet or something. Abusing your position for your own ends is truly despicable. Shame on you.

joesoap

Major-General
If that will happen again , this game will go down as all good players will give up on playing it, and the ones who will be staying will be the ones who asked for a new hood. Now where is the fun in that? Also the Mods wont have a job anymore as there will be nothing to mod anymore :)

dont worry, the mods will have plenty to do as they will be spending loads of time manually moving players who are being plundered to nicer hoods, after all it was them that told us that this option exists...unless of course its a luxury & a perk of the job reserved exclusively for themselves

DeletedUser

Jeez !!!!! Talk about a bloody minded witch hunt.... FYI as far as I know the Hood Change for Salior was done by the CM (now departed thankfully) before Salior even knew about it. Also afaik the "manual" hood change is NOT a case of looking for a "nice" hood to put someone in but a case of pressing the button and the NORMAL RANDOM hood change is effected for the player concerned. Yet again afaik once the hood change is effected, its not possible to put the player back where they were before the button was pressed so even had Salior objected there would have been little or nothing that could have been done to reverse the process

Conducting a witch hunt on this scale is not only ridiculous but petty and small minded at best. NONE of you know the background of this except (possibly) mydlana and Salior herself. The blame for this situation has already been laid at the door of the last CM and she has now gone which is IMHO a GOOD THING. DarkStar has already said that this cannot happen again so lets take him at his word and move on.

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
You should not have posts vanish without any reason, we can try to ensure that in the future. You can always file a complaint though, even if a post has been removed. We can see what has or has not been removed. For example if you've had a post removed in thread "X" and believe there wasn't a good enough reason for it, you can let us know and we can still review the post(s) in question.
im not very active on en forum but a few months ago i posted in a thread about whats is being planned after a guild reaches lvl 50 and i posted a link of the same discussion on BETA forum where a mod confirmed the power a guild gets daily will be saved even after a guild reaches lvl 50.
i came back a few hrs later to find my post deleted. with no explanation

DeletedUser7719

im not very active on en forum but a few months ago i posted in a thread about whats is being planned after a guild reaches lvl 50 and i posted a link of the same discussion on BETA forum where a mod confirmed the power a guild gets daily will be saved even after a guild reaches lvl 50.
i came back a few hrs later to find my post deleted. with no explanation
As stated in the quote of your reply, we will try our best to not to do this in the future. If you want an explanation why the post was deleted feel free to message me :)

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
As stated in the quote of your reply, we will try our best to not to do this in the future. If you want an explanation why the post was deleted feel free to message me :)
yeah would love to know why it was deleted......unfortunately i don't have a link of that thread anymore and i cant find it.

DeletedUser96995

Jeez !!!!! Talk about a bloody minded witch hunt.... FYI as far as I know the Hood Change for Salior was done by the CM (now departed thankfully) before Salior even knew about it. Also afaik the "manual" hood change is NOT a case of looking for a "nice" hood to put someone in but a case of pressing the button and the NORMAL RANDOM hood change is effected for the player concerned. Yet again afaik once the hood change is effected, its not possible to put the player back where they were before the button was pressed so even had Salior objected there would have been little or nothing that could have been done to reverse the process

Conducting a witch hunt on this scale is not only ridiculous but petty and small minded at best. NONE of you know the background of this except (possibly) mydlana and Salior herself. The blame for this situation has already been laid at the door of the last CM and she has now gone which is IMHO a GOOD THING. DarkStar has already said that this cannot happen again so lets take him at his word and move on.
Clarification....Sal knew about it

may I suggest something? that this thread is closed and a brand new opened for the players feedback?
whats done is done. Hopefully the LCM will choose a brand new CM soon and we can all move forward

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97018

i wasn't here for about 2 days, and so many changes and 20 pages...
gone through them all
so i have no idea what sal wrote, but i saw some replies to her post(s), so there are bits and pieces, and what i see is no remorce what so ever
then she was removed from SIGM position, but since you all say she's the greatest of them all, she's back in
ok fine
BUT!
since she did a bad thing, and yes, it is bad and is abuse of power, and you can't blame it all on tracy (you can obviously, but it's wrong), she should be punished
if you think that being mod-less for 24 hrs tought her smtn, imo all she got was 24 hrs without answering tickets
and if she really wanted back and she really is a great mod, then she should've been reinstated to in-game mod! then let her prove herself again and reinstate her to SIGM
what you did sends all the wrong msg to all of us - join us, be a mod, then get away with everything
if you are caught, you'll get a slap on the wrist and day later you're back like nothing happened (right now what i'm expecting is overtype getting back as forum moderator if he chooses...)
you know it was bad, you admited it, and you blamed it all on tracy
and starzaan
so next one to go will be blamed for whatever you do next i guess....
and yes, i am aware that this thread has gone in such a sideway track, so to keep it back on, my suggestion is:
make a mod that has wronged it, apologize to "gen pop" (which is yet to be seen) and punish them in some way
esp those that have admited it to all of us on forum
i was getting some faith back in you ppl in those early pages i read, but as the pages passed, i got back to being disappointed in you...

DeletedUser99588

We are all human and we sometimes make mistakes and errors of judgement. Personally I think that all was needed was for those involved to apologise to the community and assure us that it wouldn't happen again. At the same time implement some acceptable procedures for raising these concerns and have them reviewed by persons independent to the moderating/CM team. If this had been done at the beginning before the attempts to suppress it and the banning of players who brought it to our attention which was a greater abuse then it would have quite likely all blown over or at least the whole team wouldn't have been dragged through the mud.

As far as I can tell Tracey did not apologise and the same appears to be true of Sailor although I don't think I have seen all the posts that have been removed so maybe one of those contained an apology. Even if Sailor didn't request such a move it was her duty to support those trying to bring this abuse of the system to the fore. By not doing this she was not only a beneficiary of the abuse but also complicit to it.

From what I can gather the majority of moderators were aware of this happening as were the CCM's. All must share the burden that this has been handled in a very poor way and has blemished the whole team. However, it is good to learn from mistakes and to allow those that give their time to help manage this forum the opportunity to show they can and will do better in the future.

I think it spoke volumes the moderators that stayed away in the main from this thread. I'm guessing they felt compromised and were in a very difficult position and all because there isn't a system in place to complain about a CM.

One of my real concerns has been the behaviour of Zarok Dai throughout this episode. She behaved in a bullying and threatening manner to those seeking to bring the facts to the playing community. I'm stunned that she is still a moderator for this forum considering she was actively trying to suppress the truth in an extremely dictatorial manner. This type of moderating should not be acceptable and I actually find it a far greater abuse of power than the moving of a player to a new neighbourhood. Especially as she new that those posting were raising legitimate points. This was not a single error of judgement but repeated actions to suppress the truth.

Banning or threatening to ban players because they have spoken out about corruption is disgraceful and such a person should not be in a position of power in this forum or in-game. They obviously do not appreciate the power they hold if they are willing to wield it in such a fashion.

DeletedUser107898

Now now Guys, dont do one thing to shut our keeyboards off and once its quite, you get back to your old selves!
We dont need any apologies, we want a decent Mod team, period.

DeletedUser96995

Now now Guys, dont do one thing to shut our keeyboards off and once its quite, you get back to your old selves!
We dont need any apologies, we want a decent Mod team, period.

How do you suggest this is achieved? By getting a completely new team? And how will you make sure its a decent team?
I think we should have some faith in the current team
And hope that under the guidance of the new CM things of the past will never happen again. And maybe some ex-mods would consider going back? As I said in one of my earlier posts, there's a lot of knowledge and expertise flying around.

As for the the apology...yes, it would be nice :). But as we haven't seen any remorse...I think it's highly unlikely there will be any apology issued

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

Zarok Dai only moderated the thread within the given rules. While we have asked for everyone's feedback and suggestions this is still InnoGames' forum and what's posted here has to follow their rules. Guidelines and reminders were given. Let's not attack the team for doing their job. In any case, the feedback on the moderation approach from the staff has been noted and as is evident it is already being changed.

What's happened in the past is in no way suitable, that much has been established and the team is aware of it. While the majority of the team may still be the same, this is ground zero for all of us. To improve things and head in the right direction we need to make changes all around, from top to bottom.

This, just as settling into new management, will take a bit of time. We can only ask for patience and reassure you that if you give us the chance you will be pleased with the results.

DeletedUser96995

Any news on the new CM? When are they likely to be appointed?

And what are the chances of lifting the forum ban for players banned by the ex-CM?

DeletedUser16026

No news, but I'm sure it'll become obvious when they are appointed. :)

As far as any forum bans go, all players still need to appeal through the support team.

DeletedUser96995

No news, but I'm sure it'll become obvious when they are appointed. :)

As far as any forum bans go, all players still need to appeal through the support team.

No amnesty for the wrongly banned??? Oh come on, there's always an amnesty for the previous enemies of the state lol

DeletedUser6

Guys, please do not misuderstand what's going on here. We're not a country and it's not an upheaval :). Rules won't be turned upside down by co-CMs (and quite likely neither by a new CM). They are all still in force. Staff changes aren't a revolution, but rather an evolution that is sometimes necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.