• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Message Center Diaster

DeletedUser96901

I had guild wide message permissions and after the update nobody does. This new system is a complete disaster.
smart guild leader(s) :o

why should everybody be allowed to start a message when he needs goods, his gb is leveling, or other things when he can use already existing messages

DeletedUser99588

smart guild leader(s) :o

why should everybody be allowed to start a message when he needs goods, his gb is leveling, or other things when he can use already existing messages

Not all guilds worked with fixed threads for specific requests. The new system does favour that method though and it highlights which guild members aren't interested in helping out when they leave the messages. No doubt they will be near the top of the list if space needs to be found in a guild.

DeletedUser97018

Luckily, I have an empty inbox on A, and it seems we should still have the 60 day limit:
5KPPp8X.png

lol
congrats! i had only 4 msgs left from old way on H, but now it's grown to 3 pages already...
not many ppl have empty inbox and it doesn't say anything about when will msgs be deleted when you have at least 1 msg, so this is really good to know!
now what's needed is 60 days for no one to leave the convo - finger crossed ;)

DeletedUser4421

10 pages of a guild member leaving the convo...What is going on at Inno????

DeletedUser

Basically they mended something that was not broken, and left broken something that needed mending, sad really

DeletedUser58910

Inno - just give us the delete button back and admit that this new mail stinks worse than week old fish!!!

DeletedUser5180

give us the delete button back

get rid of this "player x left the conversation"

just stop tinkering with things that worked fine before you messed around with them as this is now a fast recurring theme

concentrate on feedback from the players and LISTEN to what is wanted and needed

then you may gain back the respect you have lost over the last year or so

DeletedUser58910

Agreed, akbhoy. And that's a very tentative 'may' from me.
Far too little checking on the effect of updates before they are released. How many times has a new update ruined another aspect of play that should have been definitively fixed? The recent re-emergence of the stutter on the Friends bar resetting to start after every polivate is a case in point.

Report for INNO for 2015 - Interface with and listen to customers more. Could do much better. C-

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

LOL this thread is moving faster than the 'RESET TIME' thread did!!!
Only difference here is INNO tested this new feture on BETA and got a load of complains BEFORE releasing it on the real worlds!!!

INNO im guessing you are trying to move the game onto Mobile platforms over PC platforms??? IE message system im sure is better on Mobiles... Reset time was better for Mobiles as they are not involved in GvG...
I also guess just because Mobile platforms have an easier to see complaints section on APP Markets they will get things fixed faster/better???
I imagine Mobile App Stores are now full of 5 star ratings because a messsage system has been intreduced...even though it is much worse on the PC platform..

Can we assume this will be the way to come for more fetures of the game??
(maybe thats one of the reasons the second TE GB is soooooo late?.. is there a problem with the mobile fuctionality of it??)

you guessed it, get the app stuff working asap to draw in new players, thus increasing revenue, at the expense of your base customers whose donations allowed the game to get this far. Great business model huh.

DeletedUser107115

the programmers should stop that when people leave a tread there is a message for it.
there should be a difference between leaving a tread and writing something in it.
because this is not fun anymore.
i noticed i barely looked in my message center since this update happened.

DeletedUser11250

Been playing for 2 years, this system for new messages is a abysmal. I just cannot be bothered to read anymore, please change back to original system.

DeletedUser108272

What we needed: more messages per page, 4 is just too little for this laggy system.

What we got: people leaving 100 conversations 1 month old and bumping threads back, so instead of looking at page 3 for a post we now have to go to page 29

Great!

DeletedUser106400

Never really been compelled to post on the forums but I do scan them on a regular basis but seriously?

What have you done?

I play mostly on ipad so don't get the messages which is odd because I thought cross platform messaging was a feature of the new update - but anyway, I digress! I do log onto the laptop, to read guild messages, check maps and stuff and what am I faced with from the message centre? I got bored of reading back through the pages of the message centre of people leaving messages. My guild is a very active, busy guild where we all communicate and not just about things relating to the game and now this. Its plainly ridiculous.

Also, I run the guild lottery draw. I try posting my normal saturday morning message to everybody which normally involves a little small talk, an invite to new members and then a list of numbers, members and available numbers. Based on the uk lottery, there are 49 numbers. But oh no. The new message system is going to screw even that up. 20 page breaks. You are allowed 20 page breaks. Thats no more than 20 lines of text. No more lists. Keep it simple guys.

In short. Absolute garbage.

Inno devs. Sort it out.

Apologies that my first forum had to be so negative. I dare say many feel the same though :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

I play mostly on ipad so don't get the messages which is odd because I thought cross platform messaging was a feature of the new update - but anyway, I digress!

It is actually cross platform however the apps won't be getting the update for a few more days:
We had to implement the new system prior to the update to the app which will happen next week. The messaging system will be available on the app on Wed.

There is no announcement to app users, only a prompt to download the new version. We are bound by the app stores as to the exact time the updates are released and for that reason, we say the messaging system will be available cross-platform on Wed for everyone.

DeletedUser7719

lol
congrats! i had only 4 msgs left from old way on H, but now it's grown to 3 pages already...
not many ppl have empty inbox and it doesn't say anything about when will msgs be deleted when you have at least 1 msg, so this is really good to know!
now what's needed is 60 days for no one to leave the convo - finger crossed ;)
Actually, checking some other city, it seems that there are messages older than 60 days. Issue has been forwarded, but not sure if empty inbox description will be change or if they will correct it to leave messages after 60 days.

DeletedUser100555

I'd send a message encouraging people to use existing message threads but only one person would see the headline.

It's unworkable. The only option for the time being is to remove everyones notifier rights. And suddenly the free guilds are all forced into the extreme right wing style of leadership.

DeletedUser98783

Go extreme right wing.

It isn't as bad as that is it ol?

If empty inboxes are your thing then its almost easier with new message system, maybe not totally empty but able to only keep the threads that apply. Admittedly I am talking from point of view of a guild with not massive amounts of notifiers.