• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Message Center Diaster

DeletedUser96695

The game developer just announce a new version of "new message system"

In their description, they post the best look

In reality, it is differences

you are advised to take a look at the screen capture in my tickets < that is the worst scenario and often-observe pattern >
I cannot say the improvement are good or not
but the madness are : you will see tons of message thread " ??? left the conversation"
every 1 who read the message thread without reply, that message thread will pop up in front
in past, only message ( either new or get some 1 reply ) will pop up in front
When they implement it, the message world will change
Like me, i have to dig out the message thread ( fp exchange with some others ) in page 8
and our guild message center is not very active
i still need to go to page 8 to find my required message thread ( I just do a check of the message thread b4 my required message thread, 80% are "xxxx left the conversation " )

I have no objection to the new message system if they removal 2 features as i listed in my ticket
Please pass this message to your friends, guildmates
make them prepare "what is forthcoming in message center"
perhaps give "support" a ticket if you are not satifactory with it when it implment

I just submit a ticket in beta 'support as below

title : new message spam

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=9zpmo3&s=8#.VgjyvJezG70

attached please find a web link showing my recent capture of that "new message spam"

1. As i say b4, who read message thread is non-sense to player. There is no need to bring a message thread ( to front ) which a guildmate/player read, it just flood and blocking our reading in message thread

2. "??? left the conversation " is meaningless to player too. In past,
we can see some content of message thread
e.g. "cheap bp of chateau "
it is usually saying # 1, saxxx 's chateau..."
then we know and jump to # 1 to get cheap bp w/o opening it
now, it is blocked our reading, we have to go in to read
is game server has many free computer time, invite player to make it busy
i only know game developer usually avoid player over-loaded their system..
that features invite player to overload their system

could game developer immediately remove
1. bring up those message thread which player just read and do not reply
2. remove those "??? left the conversation"

DeletedUser96901

let us have fun

only starting a few messages: GB leveling, Trade, GvG, ...
so everyone who doesn't want them will only leave once
and the rest of the guild can use them and help each other

and then let us punish all who don't use those message and start a new message
because when over 50 guild members are leaving those message sure nobody reads what they want

:o

DeletedUser653

Sorry test but in this case your wrong, its ruined the message system in B@t@ and every post on the forum there is complaining and saying do not bring to main worlds. As a founder it now takes me twice as long to read the messages abd i have no idea what the message content is unless i open it and every time I go to messages i will see at least 4 "xyz has left the conversation". of my first 6 pages of messages i have only 2 threads which do not say "xyz has left the conversation"

There are some good things, but these are overshadowed by the bad ones

DeletedUser96695

let us have fun

only starting a few messages: GB leveling, Trade, GvG, ...
so everyone who doesn't want them will only leave once
and the rest of the guild can use them and help each other

and then let us punish all who don't use those message and start a new message
because when over 50 guild members are leaving those message sure nobody reads what they want

:o

No need to start any new message thread
Like 1 of my game world
message center is 221 pages, each page has 4 message thread

If i hate my guild
i just go in and open 4X 221 message thread, no need to reply
it will pop up 884 message thread with "conqueror9 left the conversation" in each message thread
my guildmates will expel me immediately and i may tons of "hate message"

DeletedUser96901

yes they hate you

but not the smart ones ;)
they already deleted all those messages before the update

All the messages that will be in the 'deleted' state before the migration will be gone for you, so don't delete anything important any more!

so who already deleted everything :cool:

DeletedUser96695

yes they hate you

but not the smart ones ;)
they already deleted all those messages before the update

so who already deleted everything :cool:

it say
if you do not read that message thread
then "delete it now"
then when "Judgement day" come
you will not get those deleted message

p.s. it is my understanding, you delete a message, it will not show to you
but when some 1 reply that message, you will seen it again
that is why some player ask you to remove his name and issue new message thread to exclude him
so when i reply 882 message
those poor player will get them back..............shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DeletedUser96901

but when some 1 reply that message, you will seen it again
no

if you delete a message before the update you will never see that message again after the update
other can reply or leave: but you won't get those messages back :o

All the messages that will be in the 'deleted' state before the migration will be gone for you, so don't delete anything important any more!
deleted state for me --> gone for me forever :o

so guys. better delete everything before the update is applied

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

no

if you delete a message before the update you will never see that message again after the update
other can reply or leave: but you won't get those messages back :o

deleted state for me --> gone for me forever :o

so guys. better delete everything before the update is applied

Unless someone replies to them all just before update is implemented :cool:

lol, now that would be funny for Mr. Smart ;)

DeletedUser2989

every 1 who read the message thread without reply, that message thread will pop up in front
in past, only message ( either new or get some 1 reply ) will pop up in front

Perhaps I'm not reading/understanding this correctly but I don't see anywhere in the update announcement where it says that anyone viewing a message will cause it to get bumped up to the top (without posting in it). The "??? left the conversation" problem is obvious given the update description (and the assumption that people will want to constantly leave conversations) and that action would cause a message to get bumped up to block others or even block the content of the last response/opening post. But I'm still not sure where you'd be getting the idea that just reading a thread bumps it up...

DeletedUser653

Tank, the problem is that as soon as a player leaves a thread the tread resends itself to everyone left on the thread. Its getting really silly now as as soon as you send out a guild wide mail its a race to see who can leave the converstation first so they do not got 50 spams from every other player who leaves it. If you leave it early you do not get the spam back, so its in the players interest to leave a conversation!!!
My inbox for 3 weeks has only got messages saying "xyz has left the conversation" and I cannot read any replies unless i click on the messages a scroll down to find the last real message which might be 4 pages down if 13 players have left the conversation since i last read the mail.

Its horrid, we hate it in B@t@ and have said so in the b@t@ forum and are horrified that this is coming to the main worlds without any corrections.

Sure we could tie the messages system down to official mails only which would help a little, but for those guilds which want players to use the few official treads but be allowed to add new ones it really does suck.

Test - its essential to delete all messages before the implementation but it does not stop the problem with new ones...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

I understand that problem, I was confused by the OP claiming that just reading a conversation bumps it up.

The biggest problem is that we got used to deleting messages and treating them in a certain way, the changes being made don't consider that. We are used to being able to "spam" the guild with personal trade requests and what not and we were happy (in most cases) to just let other guild members delete what they weren't interested in (this behavior was frustrating to some though). Personally I think those "xyz has left" messages are useful but they just don't fit well with how we normally treat messages. Now we've been given a system that requires us to reorganize how we use it and unfortunately we haven't been given all the tools to properly manage that adjustment.

The transition from the old system to the new one would have be easier if a "hide" feature was included where you can hide a conversation till someone replies (basically the delete function we have now). It would also be easier if the "group creator" feature allowing you to add and remove players from conversations was included immediately rather than "coming soon after". A transition would still be required given the different style of the system but as it is with this update we will have the hard work of trying to transition without the complete system that we really wanted/needed.

DeletedUser653

.........The transition from the old system to the new one would have be easier if a "hide" feature was included where you can hide a conversation till someone replies (basically the delete function we have now)...........
that would work

DeletedUser

The transition from the old system to the new one would have be easier if a "hide" feature was included where you can hide a conversation till someone replies (basically the delete function we have now).
Hopefully the devs will implement this feature soon...

...and add "XXX has hidden the conversation" message :)

DeletedUser653

OR even just not send our a mail to everyone saying player has left

80 players and guild says delete mail, 1st player to leave is ok, but other 79 get a mail saying hes left, another player leaves and the remaining 78 get another mail. If your the poor guy at the end you ahve had 79 updates saying players have left the tread. In beta its become a race to delete the post first!!!

if a guild has 10 guild wide messages and says delete thats going to create 31,590 mail updates saying a player has left the thread!!!
(10x79 updates + 10 x 78 updates etc etc)

DeletedUser96695

I can only tell
1 day when i login beta world
i want to do my daily fp exchange
so i open message center to find it
after i super tired search, it is in page 36
b4 that message thread, they are all "??? left the conversation"

our time is used to play FoE, we are use our time to find a message thread

p.s. sorry, reading message thread do not cause problem as most of them has no title at all
only when u enter a message thread, even w/o any reply, it echo that message thread to front and give u "??? left the conversation"

BamBamIsGod

Private
Yes its awful.

Not separating inbox and outbox.
Losing the ability to simply click on a message header to go to that players town.

Dump the change and return it to the old way.

The Tominator

Sergeant
nah old chat was bad and this ones worse ...sticking with Skype...atleast u can use that as an instant alarm when being attacked

DeletedUser99588

Look to the right of the message with a magnifying glass and you will see the players name.

DeletedUser106439

Cmooooon

will you at least start testing them before put in use ????? what's better than before :( all day i get - LEFT THE CONVERSATION - message :(

If You want to make it better test it first for few days and you will find out all you need :( that's why you have BETA

when i find out you will change the messaging system i was hoping you will make it better, NOT MAKE IT HELL FOR USERS :(

Still no forwarding of the personal messages like in Grepolis ... Can't really understand what's happening with this updates