• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Message Center Diaster

DeletedUser99445

seriously?

What have you done?

In short. Absolute garbage.

Inno devs. Sort it out.

As many other posts have done, this one says it all but this one had a nice little joke at the end "Inno devs. Sort it out".
I loved that.
IS there ANY word that this mail system will be Reversed or Actually Improved?
Has Inno been overrun by blithering idiots in the development team?
Bungling Buffoon's? Incompetent Noobs? Drunken Monkeys?
Or is it all just deliberate sabotage to get rid of everyone who persists in trying to enjoy what's left of our once enjoyable game?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14745

The message system was horrible and needed fixing, I'm very glad you got round to it but as it is at the moment it is actually worse.
There are good things, but it is totally wrecked by the constant notifications of people leaving the conversation.
The biggest problem with the old system was constant unwanted spam or people complaining about spam. this 'fix' has hugely multiplied that problem.
Why do you even bother having beta if you don't pay any attention to what players there tell you?

DeletedUser96867

I've barely played FoE in 6 months. What do I come back to? This disaster of a message system and the same old story of everyone on the test server hating it, and begging INNO not to release it on the main servers, but INNO and the devs ignoring the players they are supposedly listening to and relying on for feedback about the game changes. Same garbage, same stupidity, different 'upgrade'.

99% of the problems are so glaring they should have been seen in the earliest of design phases, yet they aren't even being fixed before the updates make it all the way to the servers. It's almost like the devs and INNO are trying to fail, and that is the 1 thing they are succeeding at time and time again.

DeletedUser99235

As many other posts have done, this one says it all but this one had a nice little joke at the end "Inno devs. Sort it out".
I loved that.
Has Inno been overrun by blithering idiots in the development team?
Bungling Buffoon's? Incompetent Noobs? Drunken Monkeys?
Or is it all just deliberate sabotage to get rid of everyone who persists in trying to enjoy what's left of our once enjoyable game?

+1 HAHA

You could just copy and paste this message in almost all the threads on the forum!

DeletedUser96869

Who in their right frame of mind would want to see that 23 people have left a message? the important bit is the ACTUAL messages not who has removed it from their now insanely daft inbox.

Whoever came up with this lunacy needs to be kept well away from any glue, they haven't been using it for its intended purpose..

DeletedUser98783

The sender of the message might be interested in knowing who has left their message, esp if it is a request for assistance.

The guild as a whole may be interested if it is a thread in which people generally ask for help and support.

I don't understand the whole problem with people leaving messages, the problem is with people creating stupid messages that nobody wants to read.

Tighten up your guild notifier rights, apologise to your guild for being so extreme right wing, and manage messages properly. Get your guild members to use a few threads instead of starting a new one every time they want 20 Iron, then have someone in your guild council redo the message threads when people join (not necessary anymore when people leave as they can just leave the threads) then everyone leaves old threads (or puts up with the blah has left if they want to keep it that is their choice). I am sorry that it forces you to run guild messaging in a certain way but you can choose not to manage notifiers and then put up with spam (both people spamming rubbish and people leaving rubbish threads) but that is your choice in your guild.

DeletedUser2989

Based on the update announcement (quoted below) there are more improvements to come and not just the "group creators" that can add/remove people from conversations. It also looks like they'll be spending the time to add in a few player driver improvements assuming they stick true to the hint they gave us. Unfortunately we'll have to wait for the next few updates to see exactly what comes along. All of this also indicates that it'd be highly unlikely that the message system will be reversed.

Also a small hint: we've allocated some time to smaller improvements, and as we're sure that you will have a lot of nice ideas, don't forget to leave us your feedback! :)

DeletedUser

The sender of the message might be interested in knowing who has left their message, esp if it is a request for assistance.

The guild as a whole may be interested if it is a thread in which people generally ask for help and support.

I don't understand the whole problem with people leaving messages, the problem is with people creating stupid messages that nobody wants to read.

Tighten up your guild notifier rights, apologise to your guild for being so extreme right wing, and manage messages properly. Get your guild members to use a few threads instead of starting a new one every time they want 20 Iron, then have someone in your guild council redo the message threads when people join (not necessary anymore when people leave as they can just leave the threads) then everyone leaves old threads (or puts up with the blah has left if they want to keep it that is their choice). I am sorry that it forces you to run guild messaging in a certain way but you can choose not to manage notifiers and then put up with spam (both people spamming rubbish and people leaving rubbish threads) but that is your choice in your guild.

disagree with you wholeheartedly, i am a guild leader and don't ever NEED to know if someone left a conversation, nor do i need 20+ pages of so and so left the conversation messages. also, as a guild leader, i can not leave most of the conversations, so it is even worse for us. as it seems to be a rush to leave conversations these days, have mercy on those of us that can't or don't for various reasons.

DeletedUser99445

Based on the update announcement (quoted below) there are more improvements to come and not just the "group creators" that can add/remove people from conversations. It also looks like they'll be spending the time to add in a few player driver improvements assuming they stick true to the hint they gave us. Unfortunately we'll have to wait for the next few updates to see exactly what comes along. All of this also indicates that it'd be highly unlikely that the message system will be reversed.

IT says they have allocated "some" time to "smaller" improvements. Tankovy, I would love to gleen something positive from that message but we all know what they are like so there really isn't much hope.
They Actually Enjoy cheesing us off.

DeletedUser6065

'Based on the update announcement (quoted below) there are more improvements to come . . .'

More improvements.

Takes a lot of guts for the Devs to write this.

Even more for a Mod to quote it in [what appears to be] a blatant attempt to defend the release, even after the Server Beta trashing it received.

. . . mk

DeletedUser2989

Even more for a Mod to quote it in [what appears to be] a blatant attempt to defend the release, even after the Server Beta trashing it received.

The message system we have certainly isn't in a state that I would have liked to have seen released (I've expressed this a few times, even on beta when it was only released on there), however when the update we get says that they intend to continue with improvements then that's what we've got to work with. Even though Inno let us down with some of these announcements I personally prefer to stay positive and hope that they do what they say (but that's me, understandably others don't share that optimism).

DeletedUser107724

Is it me or do some people indeed blow this out of proportion? Up to this point I am actually loving the new system. And I never experienced the leaving message problem. Indeed if too many people are leaving a single conversation, then maybe you shouldn't have started the conversation in the first place. I don't know... maybe it's just me.

Anyways, my only real problem with the system is that it's not yet released on android. At least my game tells me it's up to date. So, any news on when the system will hit android?

PS. I am fairly new to the forums but so far, I saw mainly thrashing every new update. And while I can agree for example the reset timers, I don't actually think everything else is as bad as some people make it out to be. Free to play game is still free, and such things are to be expected. PS2. Don't start on the diamond thingy - it's your choice and concent to make a purchase and now one forced you to in order to play the game. So... US customers shut up :D

DeletedUser2989

Hi Houkai,

I posted earlier (here) on the app release, it's the same for both android and apple versions of the app. Just a little while longer to wait.

DeletedUser6974

so am i missing something or can someone please tell me how to have a subject show on a new message?
i send out messages to multiple players and all i see as a title is "Group Message".
we have many group messages, ie: where to add defense troops, GB's ready for FP's, the GB Clubs, Trades needed, swapping FP's etc etc
are these now all going to be titled "Group Message" with no way to tell which one pertains to which subject ???

DeletedUser

Is it me or do some people indeed blow this out of proportion? Up to this point I am actually loving the new system. And I never experienced the leaving message problem. Indeed if too many people are leaving a single conversation, then maybe you shouldn't have started the conversation in the first place. I don't know... maybe it's just me.

Anyways, my only real problem with the system is that it's not yet released on android. At least my game tells me it's up to date. So, any news on when the system will hit android?

PS. I am fairly new to the forums but so far, I saw mainly thrashing every new update. And while I can agree for example the reset timers, I don't actually think everything else is as bad as some people make it out to be. Free to play game is still free, and such things are to be expected. PS2. Don't start on the diamond thingy - it's your choice and concent to make a purchase and now one forced you to in order to play the game. So... US customers shut up :D

Yeah, it's just you. i logged on this morning after not playing since last night when i went to sleep and the first 8 pages of messages were that so and so left a conversation. some of these threads had been dead for quite awhile, only to be bumped back to the top because someone left.

DeletedUser2989

so am i missing something or can someone please tell me how to have a subject show on a new message?
i send out messages to multiple players and all i see as a title is "Group Message".
we have many group messages, ie: where to add defense troops, GB's ready for FP's, the GB Clubs, Trades needed, swapping FP's etc etc
are these now all going to be titled "Group Message" with no way to tell which one pertains to which subject ???

When you go to write a group message the "title" is now called "group name". The image used in the announcement shows there to find the "group name" field:
If you want to create a new message, you will have to open the second tab:
4.png

DeletedUser6974

When you go to write a group message the "title" is now called "group name". The image used in the announcement shows there to find the "group name" field:

Thank you for that but,...No...when i try that, the "Enter Group Name" only appears if i am sending the message to my entire guild.
it only shows up after i hit the "Add All Guild Members" button.
I am sending the message only to the 10 members in our GB Club not the entire guild so all they are seeing is going to be multiple messages titled "Group Message" over and over.
Or do they think its clever to force us to sort thru an 80 member guild to drop out all 70 but leave the 10 that the message is intended for??

DeletedUser7719

Thank you for that but,...No...when i try that, the "Enter Group Name" only appears if i am sending the message to my entire guild.
it only shows up after i hit the "Add All Guild Members" button.
I am sending the message only to the 10 members in our GB Club not the entire guild so all they are seeing is going to be multiple messages titled "Group Message" over and over.
Or do they think its clever to force us to sort thru an 80 member guild to drop out all 70 but leave the 10 that the message is intended for??
It only doesn't appear if there are 0 or 1 person in your recipient list, once you have 2 or more, the group name should show up.

DeletedUser6974

ok got it, i was adding one name and obviously it didnt show up, so how are we supposed to keep track of multiple messages to the same person?
any e-mail / messaging system should have a subject line.
if i am conferring with a player about one subject in one thread and have another thread going where we are discussing an entirely different subject all its going to show now is the players name of who sent it.
Why not have the "Enter Group Name" just be called "Subject" and have it available for any message??
Even as a "Group Name" it is confusing, i dont want to name the group of players that i just sent to, i want to tell them what the subject matter is of the thread they just received.

DeletedUser2989

I very much agree with you there bootnreboot. It took a while to get the "title/subject" added to the old system and then we lose it with this new one :(. I've got no clue as to why it needed to change, certainly wishing that one of the "small improvements" they make is to fix up the "title" function.