• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Message Center Diaster

DeletedUser99445

I very much agree with you there bootnreboot. It took a while to get the "title/subject" added to the old system and then we lose it with this new one :(. I've got no clue as to why it needed to change, certainly wishing that one of the "small improvements" they make is to fix up the "title" function.

I'm hoping that one of the "small improvements" is a new set of Devs. That should help us all massively.

DeletedUser106439

PLEASE STOP all the "small improvements" you are trying to make to the game guys ... who knows what's next to be broken :(

DeletedUser108209

why can't they just use the messaging implementation they know work from one of the other innogames productions instead? Messaging can hardly be rocket science to get right at this point? Use well proven design patterns even if you cannot reuse the code itself from other games.

DeletedUser100555

why can't they just use the messaging implementation they know work from one of the other innogames productions instead? Messaging can hardly be rocket science to get right at this point? Use well proven design patterns even if you cannot reuse the code itself from other games.

Code reuse died 15 years ago in small companies. And as a programmer so did my soul.

DeletedUser108209

lol. We reuse code everyday. Only the code that has proper design though. No point in trying to reuse garbage.
So garbage in, garbage out. But if the code you try reusing is properly done, it can last for decades. I know:) I designed systems 20 years back that is still considered top notch in their segment now:)

but that is a bit off topic anyway. Innogames should be able to learn from their other games what works and does not work. Getting the requirements right is actually the harder part:) Coding is just simple work:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser104538

Just to say on the verge of leaving the game because I literally can't be arsed to trawl through 9 pages of 4 messages in order to leave all spurious messages.

Lesson:

If it aint broken don't try to fix it.

DeletedUser58910

I am seeing guild members leaving the game across different worlds because they hate this new mail system. Why are the long term players being forced to use something aimed at apps for laptops/tablets/phones, and WHY did Inno remove the delete button for messages. It now takes 4 clicks to leave a message, an increase of 400 % in effort and time. The arrogance of Inno in foisting this lousy mail system on us is causing Guilds to lose players, and Inno to lose gamers. The question is, do they care? Or want a userbase?

DeletedUser108209

Only 9 pages? Lucky you! Just had to go back 19 pages to locate latest version of endless donation topic:(

DeletedUser99445

I have never seen it so quite. Thanks Inno. You really know how to suck the life out of a game.

DeletedUser

PLEASE STOP all the "small improvements" you are trying to make to the game guys ... who knows what's next to be broken :(

well, they are making "small improvements" to the number of players coming to the forums to complain, lol.

I am seeing guild members leaving the game across different worlds because they hate this new mail system. Why are the long term players being forced to use something aimed at apps for laptops/tablets/phones, and WHY did Inno remove the delete button for messages. It now takes 4 clicks to leave a message, an increase of 400 % in effort and time. The arrogance of Inno in foisting this lousy mail system on us is causing Guilds to lose players, and Inno to lose gamers. The question is, do they care? Or want a userbase?

well, they are thinking they will double what leave the game with people joining from mobile devices. it's quite simple to see really.

DeletedUser

After taking the time to really think of a constructive response to the message system... I'd like to say to the devs.. quit your job. You are horrible at it. This is tough love. I think you would be much happier in a job in which you excelled in (or at least didn't constantly fail. Consistency is important but not this kind). And I wish you the best at your local fast food restaurant.

DeletedUser106738

Inno, don't wait days, weeks or months to fix this, you broke a perfectly good system overnight, please put it back immediately. I am in a guild that communicates daily, it's one of the main reasons we love this game, but almost instantly all communication has stopped.

I'm afraid to say that after several years of playing and really enjoying what you have offered, many (like myself) are considering leaving. Yes, I appreciate different people have different views and opinions and some may rebuff my comments and they are entitled to have their say also, but my opinion is just as valuable.

Inno, once again, please correct this fopar so that the thousands who play the game to touch base with friends from around the world can continue to do so.

CPG8639

DeletedUser103223

Not leaving the game, but will not be using the message system until inno fixes the mess its created. If they want to allow people to leave a conversation fine, just dont tell everyone they are doing so. Good grief......

DeletedUser100555

Since tabs are quite small, they really should do 'Unread', 'Received', 'Sent' and 'Write Message' and the delete should work the way it did - like email such that if someone replies to all, it comes back again. Or just like the old system with the ability for a leader to remove someone from the group. Or if its a guild message, only resend to *current* guild members. The old system could have been so much better with just a few tweaks.

But they are too busy spending our diamond cash to make something like Facebook groups so that mobile users get the trash they are used to.

Makes me just a bit angry to put money into a PC game for them to spend all the money a) destroying the old user interface and b) turning it into a mobile (only) app.

DeletedUser

from a active helpful player in my guild:

The message system has a lot to do with it. People begged on Beta for them to fix it first, or make a simple workaround while they came up with something less intrusive, but they ignored everyone and released it on this server anyway. People continued to plead, and I believe the plan is to release it on the other severs today, despite those concerns. At this point, I really don't care if they fix it or not. I spend a small amount of money on games, and I'll go find somewhere else to spend it than on a company that rubs my fur the wrong way with such malice.

pretty much sums up everybody's feelings in my guild. i fully intend to give as many bad reviews as i can on my mobile devices and i hope it deters some new users that inno is SO heck bent on trying to lure in.

Also, just look at how many people who rarely or never post in forums have come here to tell you how awful this is!!!!

DeletedUser106439

never seen so much ignorance and indifference towards customers from any company before

this is outrageous ... this sucks :( i bet they laugh when read all we say here

DeletedUser

Message disater.

never seen so much ignorance and indifference towards customers from any company before

this is outrageous ... this sucks :( i bet they laugh when read all we say here

I must agree whole heartly with Casper. All that INNO has done with this leaving the message is that people are leaving the game. Surely they cannot be that ignorant to all the posts in the forum or am I wrong???

DeletedUser15425

okay so the new messaging system looks neat, and I do like that messages from the same person are grouped and take less space. but then that's it. the rest is just plain .... you know, the word starts with C!!!

what was wrong with being able to simply DELETE a thread if you weren't interested in it??? it used to be a one click and you're free of the message. now, it's three clicks to be able to LEAVE a thread, which then spams everyone else's inboxes informing them that you've left the thread?! what gives, inno??! seriuosly, the changes recently feel like they've been made by absolute newbies who have no frigging idea of what they're doing!

I'm getting worked up and it's nighttime so I'll stop. cause I want to sleep. but seriuosly, WHAT THE F????

re-introduce the delete button! it's simple, it's plain, it's useful!

DeletedUser15425

I must agree whole heartly with Casper. All that INNO has done with this leaving the message is that people are leaving the game. Surely they cannot be that ignorant to all the posts in the forum or am I wrong???

agreed with both of you. inno just want our money but don't seem to care about what we want from the game anymore. if they want us all to go to the elf world then just close down this game FFs, but don't kill it by doing stupid things to it. (btw, I'M NEVER in a million lifetimes going to elvenar. wtf)

DeletedUser653

When you go to write a group message the "title" is now called "group name". The image used in the announcement shows there to find the "group name" field:

That works if sending group mail to guild but not if entering a single name manually.

See screen shot for mail sending without group name http://1drv.ms/1ZdkxQ7