• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

DeletedUser7719

Byeordie, yes we fight right at reset if not we lose sectors and cannot hit back till next reset adn if we don't attack again then boom 3-5 more gone and protected, This is how GvsG works at reset when 2 enthusiastic guilds are going after each other, The element of surprise and attack at off times still occur but most damage is done right at reset. We know both guilds on and watching at reset, but its the 1 with more goods and players on that wins everytime.

So perhaps on your world everybody stares each other done instead, we fight do to mechanics adn how GvsG works with Sheilds, So yes changing the itme when most are workign class at that time leave it to the few that might be home workers or retired and can take complete advantage of situation.

And again We can confirm that this morning time did not solve anything, the server was still slow as Molassess, crashes, forever to replace armies and re-seige, So what good doe sthe change do? Please explain this to me.....I know you cannot till Monday Devs gone home for weekend. that is why CCM has not chirped in this active thread yet, nothing good to say so don't say it at all

Oh just re-read your post, This time is bad for new era? really its bad all around, New era 1st few days is no issue's, your guild adn GvsG maps must not have anybody at war with each other, it makes no difference at all who gets on maps 1st, again its who has more goods and more fighters on at resets that stomp out wherever you want to go to find high value secotrs to hold, Check out A world to understand how GvsG functions if needed
Thank you for giving a well-detailed answer. Maybe our world is that stagnant in GvG. We don't fight as often as your guild's because we can't accumulate 30K+ goods every few days or so (which would only equate to a few sieges), so being at it with one another is not something that relies on a daily schedule (except for checking the maps) or dependency on protection wearing off. I will try and keep an eye on A world to understand this better.
Regarding my argument against the change, I do think the beginning days do matter because position is key when on the map. Once you're far away from landing zones, you face other guilds less often. If you come in too late, you get blocked off by the guilds already utilizing the strategy, so you would have to fight one yourself which in that case would need more dependency on the reset times as you would be fighting everyday for awhile.
I'm assuming the devs themselves have ways to track how much GvG activity occurs across the day. They should know that if the reset was a dependency for most guilds, then they should not be considering to switch the time.

DeletedUser2989

Tank, would you not agree that each server language the vast majority are from that area, lets say 70-80%, so making reset at the middle of morning when most not around is not the solution, it is a GvsG killer based on how the mechanics of it currently works, and I can tell you the switch did not solve the problem it still occurred today

I would actually agree with that, which is why I'd like to see the important parts of the calc changed and ideally to a system that works for all. So rather than picking 1 time to do the things and moving it around (like in this change) take the things that impact how people play GvG (the shield protections as 1 example) and change them so that they occur relative to the cause. So all shields would last 24 hr's and not until 1 specific reset time (hence why I made the "Having 1 specific reset time is always going to be a pain for someone" remark).

*Breaking News* - as expected INNO bring out the mods in their defense

get a grip Tank, the bulk of en is comprised of players who will be working at 10am. YOU know it, I know it and those that dangle you from their puppet strings also know it. That is a pathetic effort to excuse INNO's decision here and IMHO makes you look rather silly.

why defend the indefensible.?

I apologize, I didn't realize I was actually defending the change as I never said it was great... In fact I wasn't controlled in any way to make that remark. Perhaps I could have been clearer to say that rather than getting the change we have that I would have liked something better (hence the rest of my post mentioning that things like shields should be changed away from a set time). In any case while the bulk of EN players are likely to be UK residents I can't be as certain that the exact same bulk will be busy working at every 10am reset. That would be the reason I made the comment "diversity of work/play time schedules", not everyone's work/play commitments are the same all the time, which makes it harder for me to support any 1 time for calc changes.

Just to make sure it's clear, I don't think that this change is an improvement to GvG overall for the following reasons:
Right after calc is the most desirable time to take a sector to get max time on the shield, with the new time less guilds will be able to get that max time on the shield (obvious negative there)
Right before calc is the perfect time to land as you can take sectors quickly, have calc occur resetting protections and HQ moves allowing you to strike deep in a short amount of time, again with the new time less guilds will be able to pull this off (obvious negative there)

Unfortunately it looks like this change was made without considering anything other than improving game stability. This means the only positive for this change is improved game stability assuming it actually works, I can't personally say that it has. So overall this change brings more negatives than positives (and any positive to it is pretty weak).

DeletedUser6974

I think the whole point of the objections to this change is because the change was done only in an attempt to improve server performance by choosing a time slot where Inno thinks there will be less players online.
The change was not made to improve the game for their customers it was only made to try to lessen the load on their servers.
If they are running TV commercials and countless online pop-up adds encouraging people to come play their Inno games why aren't they backing it up with better equipment?

This is like a cell phone company sending out letter to their customers asking them to stop making so many phone calls in the evening because their equipment cant handle all the phone calls so make your calls in the morning instead.

It doesnt take a genius to figure out that customers will not stay in their games if they are using outdated over stressed equipment to power their games.
Inno needs to do 2 things if they expect players to continue to support their games and to stay here as a customer for them.
1. listen to their customers and react to what is dissatisfying their customers. If they constantly ask for feedback, dont ignore the feedback!
2. update their equipment to keep up with the load, dont destroy the game hoping they will find a time when less players are online. If their equipment cant handle the reset time, update the equipment!

so mods...please communicate these 2 points to Inno / FOE
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103223

I work/live in Saudi arabia so the Time change is perfect for me. Happens right at Noon during lunch time. So no complaints from me about it.

DeletedUser101034

I agree with the change, my game is 10 times better, less lag, less crashes, Thanks you Inno now I can play the game :))

DeletedUser99363

byeordie, your world does not play true GvsG then, Trust me it does not matter how far you are inthe middle and surronded by allies, you can be reached in 1-3days very easy strategy, We are currently walking around the map in TE south to north and east to west as needed to suit our game play in TE at the moment. that is what war is hold little sectors adn take out your enemy, this occurs at reset only due to mechanics of shields. So again Army qty is not a problem for most with Alcatraz lvl10 and up, its all about the goods cost is cheap when you hold less then 10 and only fill sectors needed, its simple.

now back to problem. I can confirm yet again, today reset was even worst then yesterday as 4 guilds all in same area was on battling like mad, slower the a snail if that is possible. During work week might change but the fact still remains, Inno needs to invest in capacity simple as that, Shifting times might help a bit during week, but you P I S S off 80% of those that do GvsG which is all's that left now.
So Inno will have an intersting decision to make
1. invest in server capacity and speed(change time back to evening
2. Do not invest incapacity and leave it where its at, and pi ss off 80% of active players

Go look at some 3rd party website that give out stats, says it all on activity and its fighters mostly now a days, so they are the ones supporting the game, keep that in mind
If Option #2 is picked long term, I suspect we will empty all era maps adn go back to farming and not play or even pay anythign for some

goodluck, on monday i hope the Inno Board meeting goes well

DeletedUser2989

I've had to remove a few posts due to them wandering off-topic into a personal argument between players. Please keep the comments on topic otherwise it'll be harder to collect the feedback and comments that this thread is for.

DeletedUser100832

Do that many people really fight at reset? Being in a very active GvG guild, our guild always fights at different times, and not very often on reset because it is when the most guilds are watching. The element of surprise is mainly how our guild gains and loses sectors, so I know it's not only our guild that isn't reliant on the reset time.
That being said, I'm still not for the change as the time when I do find fighting at reset most significant are the beginning few days of when a new era is released. That would mean I would have to be up at 5 in the morning in order to gain the advantage when the Future Era GvG map is out.

in houndsmoor, 60% of fighting is done at timer (and 20-30% more in the 3-4 hours after). This is because the Hanseatic League released most of their sectors and attacks guilds they have a vendetta against, and one of their tactics is to make sure that ten minutes after timer the guilds they don't like cannot attack any of their sectors, due to bouncing shields. That means they either release and retake their own sectors, or attack the others.

read my 'gvg broken' thread for more info on that.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
in houndsmoor, 60% of fighting is done at timer (and 20-30% more in the 3-4 hours after). This is because the Hanseatic League released most of their sectors and attacks guilds they have a vendetta against, and one of their tactics is to make sure that ten minutes after timer the guilds they don't like cannot attack any of their sectors, due to bouncing shields. That means they either release and retake their own sectors, or attack the others.

Exactly, you cant execute the plans for battles after reset, if you dont prepare and take the key sectors you need for these battles at reset. So basically failure at reset ruins all plans and kills gvg for the rest of the day.

DeletedUser101034

Todays Gvg results:
No flash crashes
No lag in loading screens
No screen hangups
No siege problems at all
Yes sieges displayed correctly
Yes slight lag, 4 to 10 seconds in loading and changing troops
1 battle took about 5 seconds to show the troops ( was the 1st CE fight)
Yes kicked when fighting for the last battle and someone won before me
Overall a marked improvement in the game

DeletedUser7719

byeordie, your world does not play true GvsG then, Trust me it does not matter how far you are inthe middle and surronded by allies, you can be reached in 1-3days very easy strategy, We are currently walking around the map in TE south to north and east to west as needed to suit our game play in TE at the moment. that is what war is hold little sectors adn take out your enemy, this occurs at reset only due to mechanics of shields. So again Army qty is not a problem for most with Alcatraz lvl10 and up, its all about the goods cost is cheap when you hold less then 10 and only fill sectors needed, its simple.
So true GvG is about not trying to obtain the most sectors? Also, what are you doing in the CE? Are you not just holding onto 10+ sectors, not focused on it daily? Didn't you get to where you were within the first few weeks? Both you and HRC's argument does not hold up too well if this is only happening in one age...

Now you're supporting my argument then: if GvG is broken over there, then depending on the reset may not be true GvG...

I may be jumping to conclusions right now as I believe I would need to watch the map for a way longer period of time, but I would appreciate your replies to my concerns. (I'm not against your way, just saying it may not be true GvG: it does make it more lively and interesting and would love to participate if I had that sort of time in my schedule.)

DeletedUser22070

Absolute rubbish Jax. I got kicked at calc trying to siege dropped sector come back i could not see you're siege so didnt know you were taking it! Lag was terrible and no difference overall. Absolute joke to move calc on Friday with no warning whatsoever.

Overall total waste of time and you have already drove a lot of long term members away so well done on that 1.

Maybe we should all move to SA and play the same game Jax plays. :).

Todays Gvg results:
No flash crashes
No screen hangups
No siege problems at all

DeletedUser106796

At the beginning I thought this move is awful (cause at 10 am I'm at the university), but now I think it is awesome! Now players have to go back for map-watching as from now raids will be at anytime ;) Moreover, we can say goodbye to drop-&-cap strategy, so fights will be much more challenging. And ofc this deals with reset lags, so Inno I really love you)

The Tominator

Sergeant
all this really does is change the tit for tat fighting taking 1 sector or 2 at old calc time..lets face it how many of u guys /guilds have taken huge amounts of land when every 1 is about at calc...your best results have been set times most likely 3am to 10 am.
It changes nothing u can still fight at 8pm...now if u all become ghost guilds dump all ur sectors and just go on huge massacre u never gotta worry about protecting anything and its nice and cheap...wake up peeps lets have some fun....u know u want to:)

DeletedUser99363

So true GvG is about not trying to obtain the most sectors? Also, what are you doing in the CE? Are you not just holding onto 10+ sectors, not focused on it daily? Didn't you get to where you were within the first few weeks? Both you and HRC's argument does not hold up too well if this is only happening in one age...

Byeordie, we are holding much more in CE and all era's below because the war is TE only currently for some reason, once it moves to FE i suppose we will recapture 25+ again in TE, if not no worries, its because we hold more goods ya see, we are almost at Lvl 50 so going Demo mode in any era is fine by us, ranking is not important, just having fun and destroying guilds we wish to fight with, but with reset during 80% when most working is going to kill GvsG as many will just release and not play, Why give the satisfaction of the very few to take sectors easily with no effort. I know we won't.

Currently 2 more guilds going at it with all players present the can fight, and that is true GvsG 1 on 1. May the best guild win right.
So back to topic, the reset is still a problem if you have more then 5 on each side, i know its not my computer, its Inno side, that needs to be fixed simple as that.

DeletedUser99588

Todays Gvg results:
No flash crashes
No screen hangups
No siege problems at all

You missed one,

No GvG fights.

DeletedUser12400

we are almost at Lvl 50 so going Demo mode in any era is fine by us, ranking is not important, just having fun and destroying guilds we wish to fight
My guild is also almost at level 50 and I don't see a reason to waste and spend goods on maintaining and obtaining sectors. When it comes to belts and rank, I don't care what belt we are; I don't care what rank we are. The only thing that I care about is power for guild level.

DeletedUser99588

My guild is also almost at level 50 and I don't see a reason to waste and spend goods on maintaining and obtaining sectors. When it comes to belts and rank, I don't care what belt we are; I don't care what rank we are. The only thing that I care about is power for guild level.

Apparently the power will still be recorded once you have reached level 50 to possibly be used in the future depending what the developers decide to do so it might well be worth continuing to rack up power by keeping sectors etc.

DeletedUser12400

Apparently the power will still be recorded once you have reached level 50 to possibly be used in the future depending what the developers decide to do so it might well be worth continuing to rack up power by keeping sectors etc.

The goods are more valuable then some records for future which is unknown however we will collect power from hall of fame.

DeletedUser101034

Absolute rubbish Jax. I got kicked at calc trying to siege dropped sector come back i could not see you're siege so didnt know you were taking it! Lag was terrible and no difference overall. Absolute joke to move calc on Friday with no warning whatsoever.

Overall total waste of time and you have already drove a lot of long term members away so well done on that 1.

Maybe we should all move to SA and play the same game Jax plays. :).

Because you had a rubbish day does not mean I had a rubbish day, write your own experiences for Inno to analyze and verify.
Adults acting petty wont fix the problems or change anything.