• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

DeletedUser22070

I did write them down it was rubbish simple as that!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103508

Calc Time as got nothing to do about Hitting Sectors all day bla bla bla..... (we do 90% on calc and 10% over day)

NUMBERS.... that's the Problem... we have gone from a Time we can log.... after work etc... and YES there are some players outside EU but most inside EU...

so now we have the ppl with no lifes and no Jobs that will pawn Calc daily.... if MODs are asking "is there alot of fights on calc...?" and "it dont Matter when u hit... just hit later"

you have NO idea what GVG is about... if your not in a world with the top 10 are fighting... even when its 6 vs 1.... every calc time is mad..

as i said in last post.... FIX the game we all been playing.... if Calc time is not placed back at 8pm soon, you will lose so many players.

DeletedUser96869

Todays Gvg results:
No flash crashes
No lag in loading screens
No screen hangups
No siege problems at all
Yes sieges displayed correctly
Yes slight lag, 4 to 10 seconds in loading and changing troops
1 battle took about 5 seconds to show the troops ( was the 1st CE fight)
Yes kicked when fighting for the last battle and someone won before me
Overall a marked improvement in the game

As a player in the same guild and fighting at the same time as Jax, I thought I would post my results:

3 Flash Crashes,
Definite Lag loading screens,
No screen hangups
Missed one seige
Lag with troops, had to remove them twice
After a kick, had to refresh and took over a minute to get back to fight screen
Kicked mid seige once and then the usual end of seige.

DeletedUser4571

Tank, bad post as a mod and a player you you should know better. the game has ran for over 2 years at reset and all guilds are based around this.

Most guilds are really badly effected by this unplanned change and Inno you have again reacted without thinking and implemented a change with no testing in Beta, no consolation in main servers and a complete lack of consideration for players.

INNO - WITH THIS CHANGE YOU SHOW A COMPLETE LACK OF ANY CONSIDERATION FOR ANY CUSTOMER CARE - INNO YOU SUCK AND CARE NOTHING ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS

I totally support this, Complete game play for many guilds has been ruined. You all need a lesson in customer care. All quit so better personnel can hired to fix the problem and not mask it in a way that hurts your customers most

DeletedUser100555

Complete game play for many guilds has been ruined.

It was obvious the event caused the server overload, and seeing many people could shoot through the first 8 quests, odds on the overload would not even have repeated the second day after the initial buzz. So any change was completely unnecessary anyway.

I really hope the idea is not to annoy long term players so much they leave the game to create extra server capacity for fresh diamond spenders. But they make it very easy to be cynical.

DeletedUser5180

Todays Gvg results:
No flash crashes
No lag in loading screens
No screen hangups
No siege problems at all
Yes sieges displayed correctly
Yes slight lag, 4 to 10 seconds in loading and changing troops
1 battle took about 5 seconds to show the troops ( was the 1st CE fight)
Yes kicked when fighting for the last battle and someone won before me
Overall a marked improvement in the game

As a player in the same guild and fighting at the same time as Jax, I thought I would post my results:

3 Flash Crashes,
Definite Lag loading screens,
No screen hangups
Missed one seige
Lag with troops, had to remove them twice
After a kick, had to refresh and took over a minute to get back to fight screen
Kicked mid seige once and then the usual end of seige.

so two players, same guild, same activity at the same time and a huge performance difference for both

would you both be able to post your machine specs, windows version and browser please

also internet speeds may be worth noting

DeletedUser97590

Really, I suggest you look at the maps and see how fast they are emptying, this was a really dumnb move on Inno's part. They are just like Microsoft, instead of fixing the core problem, they just issue patches.

Nice one, not.

If they were half as good as Microsoft, we wouldn't have these stupid issues.
Inno product managers are far under the level of Microsoft, these are dilettantes.

DeletedUser12400

Hey guys, please remember to be respectful and polite to others. I have removed all the comments that felt unnecessary to the thread. If you still see a post that seems disrespectful, impolite or off topic please report it for it to be taken care of.

DeletedUser99438

At the beginning I thought this move is awful (cause at 10 am I'm at the university), but now I think it is awesome! Now players have to go back for map-watching as from now raids will be at anytime ;) Moreover, we can say goodbye to drop-&-cap strategy, so fights will be much more challenging. And ofc this deals with reset lags, so Inno I really love you)

Map Watching was meant to be done anyway and a good guild will have good map watch despite the time.
Raids could happen anytime regardless of reset time.
Drop and cap strategy - which I presume is a retake of your own sector - is still very much alive even at 10AM.
In fact a 10AM GMT reset only proves to make it an important strategy to uphold.
And as for lags and other reset problems, it's very much the same, it hasn't fixed anything much.
And even if it does at some point, it will not matter because there will be no one left to play with or against.

All changing this reset time has proved is to make a dead game even more dead.

This move has proved to make the game very boring indeed. There is no buzz at 10AM in the morning like there is at 8PM GMT. Most are at work, others are coming on just to get the job done and then rushing back to work. There's no time to kick back, relax and have fun anymore. Yet, isn't that the point of a game?

I miss the 8PM GMT Reset buzz already. It's been merely 3 resets. If this is not reverted, I can't see that there will be many left playing. 10AM Reset feels like a chore. Something that just has to be done, something you are forced to do. Not something you come on to enjoy. And for many, it's not even something they can partake in.

It's killing Team Spirit.

DeletedUser2989

Hey guys, please remember to be respectful and polite to others. I have removed all the comments that felt unnecessary to the thread. If you still see a post that seems disrespectful, impolite or off topic please report it for it to be taken care of.

Just to add to this lets all try and not debate each others opinions on the change, if someone says they like the change for whatever reasons then that's their opinion and same goes for those that don't like the change. Such debates often aren't very helpful to the feedback process and easily drag a thread off topic. By all means feel open to discuss your reasons especially if there are questions posed about them but be respectful and don't attempt to bash someone for hating or loving the change (it just won't help the thread).

DeletedUser100555

Were you paid by inno to come on and say this ?
I miss the 8PM GMT Reset buzz already.

I can see the point of people agreeing with the change. If Inno had made GvG like this from the outset then there would be no complaining. BUT -

Guilds have built up strategies surrounding the old timing and may well have spent lots of diamonds for that strategy.

Yeah, and no 8pm party happening.

All this mess to cure a server overload that had already passed.

DeletedUser99438

I can see the point of people agreeing with the change. If Inno had made GvG like this from the outset then there would be no complaining. BUT -

Guilds have built up strategies surrounding the old timing and may well have spent lots of diamonds for that strategy.

Yeah, and no 8pm party happening.

All this mess to cure a server overload that had already passed.

Firstly, if GvG had been made like this from the outset, many of us wouldn't be here to complain because we wouldn't have started playing a game that requires anti social timings.
The server would likely be filled with people from a time zone that is compatible to evening play at 10AM GMT.

Secondly, It has got nothing to do with strategy, the change of timer reset doesn't effect strategy all that much. And even if it did, it's not the problem, strategy is easily changed and adapted. The problem is the change has a huge effect on social gathering. And that is what makes or breaks the fun in this game.

It's most certainly the reason why I play. I play for the people, for the team and not for the GvG. The GvG is simply the goal of the team. The goal is not worth striving for, even if it still can be achieved, if half your team cannot partake in the fun of it.

Getting together with your online friends, having a good laugh on guild chat, plotting, planning and executing plans and then kicking back together after. That's what makes this game fun for many of us. 10AM in Europe kills that because reset, whether we like it or not, is the central part of this game. The very reason why most of us log on!

If you are not battling at reset there is no enjoyment to be had in this game. You may as well just PvP which is past it's sell by date. There's a different buzz at reset that motivates you to play.

DeletedUser100555

... strategy is easily changed and adapted. The problem is the change has a huge effect on social gathering. And that is what makes or breaks the fun in this game.

I know what you mean, but your point is a bit confused. If the daily calc time *doesn't* affect strategy, then surely you can organise your guild to meet at any time ? Including 8pm GMT. It's not like the game offers free beer at rollover.

DeletedUser99438

I know what you mean, but your point is a bit confused. If the daily calc time *doesn't* affect strategy, then surely you can organise your guild to meet at any time ? Including 8pm GMT. It's not like the game offers free beer at rollover.

I thought it was clear from my previous post that the buzz of reset is what makes the game fun. The strategy is not different, it has just been moved to a different time and a different set of players. It's still important to fight at reset and I'll quote Addonexus here since he said it well,

Exactly, you cant execute the plans for battles after reset, if you dont prepare and take the key sectors you need for these battles at reset. So basically failure at reset ruins all plans and kills gvg for the rest of the day.

So reset has to be done regardless. And it's very likely that the moves made at reset will complete the GvG task for the day, leaving nothing for the team to do later in the evening. Like a couple have stated and agreed on here, 90% of GvG is executed at reset. The success of your goals in GvG are often dependent on the outcome of your movements at reset.

Regardless, if you are not battling at reset there is no enjoyment to this game. You may as well just PvP. The buzz of reset is in knowing your opponent is there, ready and waiting to oppose you. The fun is in the knowing that you can lose or win. It's an adrenaline rush you do not get from making plans to take sectors at other times. It's not as much fun setting up a random time to take sectors.

That's the free beer at rollover!!! lol
You take that away - You take away the enjoyment and, with it the motivation, of the game. 10AM Reset takes that away.

PS:
In thinking on this further, I guess it's fair to say that, it could effect your strategy if you do not have the players available at the reset time to execute your plans.

DeletedUser106439

most of us gather 8PM cuz that was perfect time to steal some time from the family, RL, job etc, etc ... it was our relaxation time and time to hang with our friends from all around the world before going to bed ... now what we have ??? who can play games at work ???

INNO ... with this change only the kids and the unemployed can continue playing FoE ... walking on very thin ice here

RETURN THE OLD RESET TIME ASAP !! IF NOT I WILL STOP PLAYING !! NO FUN IN THIS ANYMORE

DeletedUser100555

I'm finding it very difficult to piece together what people are talking about.

electricrainbows said:
I thought it was clear from my previous post that the buzz of reset is what makes the game fun. The strategy is not different, it has just been moved to a different time and a different set of players.

I assumed what you meant by changing strategy was to reduce the need for battles at reset. Now you seem to say stick to the same strategy but hand it over to players in different time zones. The 'buzz' is a whole different thing.

CasperMKD said:
most of us gather 8PM cuz that was perfect time to steal some time from the family, RL, job etc, etc ... it was our relaxation time and time to hang with our friends from all around the world before going to bed ... now what we have ??? who can play games at work ???.

This seems to be a buzz only criticism even though you mention GvG in previous message.

Ok, I'm going to try to sum this up -

1) Daily calculation time is important for player availability and the change has wrecked some guilds GvG strategy. This relates to clinical GvG success and nothing else.

2) The daily calcultion time is a focal point for social activity that starts with active GvG players logging in for reset activities. With more players online and chatting, non GvG fighters and other guild members join in the chat to create some buzz. The change to 10am has effectively removed that focal point altogether and made GvG a very clinical (and sober) morning affair for some players.

Clearly what is needed is a new social gathering focal point during the evening slot. I would recommend that various global timers be created so players can sychronise e.g. "Knitting pattern discussion hour" ... or just put daily calc back where it was.

DeletedUser106439

... or just put daily calc back where it was.

that's the only logic solution ... or large part will really stop bying diamonds and eventualy quit the game

at least that's my personal opinion

DeletedUser4571

Map Watching was meant to be done anyway and a good guild will have good map watch despite the time.
Raids could happen anytime regardless of reset time.
Drop and cap strategy - which I presume is a retake of your own sector - is still very much alive even at 10AM.
In fact a 10AM GMT reset only proves to make it an important strategy to uphold.
And as for lags and other reset problems, it's very much the same, it hasn't fixed anything much.
And even if it does at some point, it will not matter because there will be no one left to play with or against.
All changing this reset time has proved is to make a dead game even more dead.
This move has proved to make the game very boring indeed. There is no buzz at 10AM in the morning like there is at 8PM GMT. Most are at work, others are coming on just to get the job done and then rushing back to work. There's no time to kick back, relax and have fun anymore. Yet, isn't that the point of a game?
I miss the 8PM GMT Reset buzz already. It's been merely 3 resets. If this is not reverted, I can't see that there will be many left playing. 10AM Reset feels like a chore. Something that just has to be done, something you are forced to do. Not something you come on to enjoy. And for many, it's not even something they can partake in.
It's killing Team Spirit.

The one reason I quote this, is that a very important thing is being said here.
The buzz around reset, gathering after work, having fun and relax after battles with friends is the MAIN reason most of the players play this game and do not play another. You have taken that away and are effectively chasing way your customers.
But ofc if you do not spend money on improving the game, by for instance better server allocation management or beter personnel, your goal is achieved.
Think about this stupid change please and listen to all your customers. Do not delete posts that you do not like. Let everyone say what they want.
Think! he only reason people take time to post is that there is a shimmer of hope you wise up and listen to your clients!

Thank you Inno I hope this will alleviate the crashes and lag problems in the evenings.
Changing the reset time will only affect guilds that use it to their advantage, tbh I don't care, I'm here to play the game
There is to much emphasis fighting at reset, this will distribute attacks over a larger time-frame and make it suitable for more players
Reset is a difficult time for some, and easier for others.
This will be better for GvG as it will be played and fought over a wider time-span making it available to more players
- No more hiding behind shields ( no more drop and cap sectors )
- Guilds will be able to determine the best fight times for them ( as most smaller guilds do atm )
This will no doubt change the way we are accustomed to fighting GvG.
If this resolves the evening fiasco, do it.
I would leave the game because of all the reset problems, lag, failed sieges, waste of goods, crashing mid battle to name a few. Changing the reset time is a brilliant idea which will make the game more interesting and competitive. Its time to think outside the box gentlemen, :)

Best regards and keep up the great work
Jax

Are you for real or what? Same problems still occur at recalc. This doesn't solve the problem at all. If any it creates more.