• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

DeletedUser97425

I dont post much on forum, i think this is my 3rd post here...all i want to say is...good job INNO, you killed the game.
I can be online anytime, but the problem is i cant have the same fun with my guildmates after your strange update...as someone already said...you leave your things, you log in game to make the job done, and your out.
As i see it here, wake up! YOU have a big problem...you're loosing your clients.
Tbh i preffer the first option rather than this...old reset time and lag.
Thank you :)

DeletedUser4421

Time to hold your hands up Inno and admit you got it wrong and reverse this ridiculous decision.
I think electricrainbows hit the nail on the head in his post and most working people in the UK and indeed Europe will agree.
This is a game that most people play in the evenings when work etc is over. Now there is no buzz around the game during the evenings due to the reset change and there seems little point in logging on.
Im sure many players feeling the same way will eventually leave the game all together.
I have been playing the game for 3 years and maybe its time to find something new as you have killed the game in my opinion and have shown a total lack of understanding and respect to us players.

DeletedUser4571

Time to hold your hands up Inno and admit you got it wrong and reverse this ridiculous decision.
I think electricrainbows hit the nail on the head in his post and most working people in the UK and indeed Europe will agree.
This is a game that most people play in the evenings when work etc is over. Now there is no buzz around the game during the evenings due to the reset change and there seems little point in logging on.
Im sure many players feeling the same way will eventually leave the game all together.
I have been playing the game for 3 years and maybe its time to find something new as you have killed the game in my opinion and have shown a total lack of understanding and respect to us players.

I have read many likewise posts. ONE important thing here is that you, yes you INNO, need to ADMIT that you have made a bad decision and change it around.
No respect at ALL you have for your customers. SHAME ON YOU INNO.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103508

The bottom line is INNO have messed up big time

GVG is now Depressing, Still Lagging.... i am told that today's Calc a few was online and they was at work ( i don't work in an office ) but they was on then off again 10 mins later... FUN?? lol nope!

Big shame its come to this.... i hope the Calc time is put back asap, b4 all the other players give up.

When i get a Job to Repair a Wall, i dont build a new Brick wall and say "there u go.... just ignore the old one" i have to knock down the old one and build a new one... MAYBE i am doing something Wrong, or MAYBE INNO should fix the Problem instead of trying to mask it.

Soon New age.... New events..... No 2nd TE GB...... IGNORE ALL of them.... make the GVG work at 8pm that all of us have been use to for nearly 2 years.

DeletedUser99438

The difference between the atmosphere's of 10AM reset and 8PM reset, can be compared to that of sitting in your local pubic house at 10AM as to 8PM.

If you have experienced sitting in your local public house at either of these times (or times similar) you will know that at 10AM it is emptier, more silent, boring and without much purpose to entertainment. But at 8PM there is a lively, full house and everyone is having a craic after a hard days graft.

I couldn't see a publican setting up entertainment events/acts at 10AM over 8PM because, he'd be paying his staff to man the event but no one in significant numbers will show up. Eventually he finds he has no customers left because they will give their custom to a more reliable and social friendly service provider.

DeletedUser100555

"GvG changed to 10am and not a social event at 8pm! Ha! You're lucky. In our day, many years ago there was no GvG and we had to make our own entertainment. We had to get out of bed at 6am and single click all day just to do collections. In fact if we wanted to Motivate or Polish as well, we had to get up before we went to bed just to complete it in time. Don't make me laugh."

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
You're lucky.... we DREAMED of being beaten at GvG, and that's after a 48 hr day slaving away coding in squalid conditions in a games company - before going to bed after we got up:)

DeletedUser103297

Inno - you just killed FoE
congrats.
Ninja

I would have picked an icon - but there doesnt seem to be a death to game one

DeletedUser2989

seriously? how much feedback is needed? most players here want the reset back at 8pm.

As much as possible, the more players we get on here voicing their opinion the better picture the CM's can present to Inno and the more likely this will become a high priority issue. Obviously many people are going to be repeating the same message but it makes a bigger impact coming from hundreds/thousands of players than 50 or so (I'm not saying that any change requires so many but it does make for a larger impact). With the help of this thread the CM's can not only say "lots of people want this changed back" but they can point them to this thread and physically show them the number of people that want this change. This is why it's important to keep posts on-topic and why it's important to add your voice to issues that matter even when what you think has been said.

DeletedUser103987

I've given up now - it's quite obvious nobody cares now, money has been made and the game can be left ruined.
Many wasted hours etc. but no good thing lasts forever.

DeletedUser22070

I think its very arrogant of INNO if on Monday the 1st thing they did was to check all the messages and check the forums just to see how unhappy the change has been and the way it was implemented!

Not even a follow up message! i think the way it was implemented upset a lot of people INNO must have been waiting to go home on Friday and said right flick the switch then run for the exit while they enjoy there weekends without a care in the world of the severity of what they have done.

I think you managed to kill almost a full generations apettit for the game.

But to fix the loss of players a few adverts here and there might get some more diamond buyers in a i suppose. The wheel goes around & around and all that!

Honest you have manage to kill the game for a lot players!

DeletedUser108167

Nothing to add to the "against" views expressed here... but you can count me as one of the very many players who would like to see this crazy move reversed.

DeletedUser16126

As much as possible, the more players we get on here voicing their opinion the better picture the CM's can present to Inno and the more likely this will become a high priority issue. Obviously many people are going to be repeating the same message but it makes a bigger impact coming from hundreds/thousands of players than 50 or so (I'm not saying that any change requires so many but it does make for a larger impact)
I can't agree with your statement here... for every player posting here, a few ones are quiting.
Players are the assets of a gaming company, I have the impression that INNO thinks the code of the game is the asset of this game. Loosing players means loosing value.... But it looks more and more that Inno doesn't care about players of FoE.

In this forum we always give positive and negative feedback.
I think you can make a clear statement of 50 people are against the change and only 2 like it.
This is an overwhelming ratio that would like to turn it back (even taken the burden as long as Inno needs to find a real solution to the problem).

DeletedUser

INNO must also consider that you have a few players here who have only posted 3 or 4 times coming to the forum and making the effort to post their disdain for this move. That is a very powerful statement in my mind.

DeletedUser97579

Just throwing another voice in. I don't believe it will make a difference, but you've asked for opinions.

Given that I've seen (admittedly only on the weekends, weekdays are trickier to be around) that the issues around the new calculation time are not resolved - this has not been a resounding success. We still have:
- Lag slowing the game more and more until it hangs forcing a reset.
- Random kicks from the game
- "ghost" sieges where all you can see are the shields and sword icons rising from a sector but not the siege itself unless you go into the sector
- Seeing the siege disappear from the map but having the siege army stuck at 1 within the sector. Forcing players to "delete" a siege that isn't there before they can resiege - at which point the defending army can restock at will.
- ... These are just things I've seen myself over the past 9 months. Yes, that also includes since the calc move. Others have reported more also.

I believe that the primary cause for the failures on Thursday can be attributed to the new event. With its release late in the day, everyone was rushing to get their (up to) 9% boost ready for calc. Given how many of us had it in under an hour or two of play - it's safe to say that players were blitzing through the quests. The servers themselves died before the 8pm calculation - calc alone was not to blame for that.

With the majority of the "hard core" players having the speaker's corner now - this shouldn't be repeated. We would just be back to the same performance issues we've lived with since last Christmas.

Short term:
Take a look at the feedback. Taking a look at multiple language servers and forums It's been pretty overwhelmingly "wtf?". The only ardent supporters so far have been a combination of "I don't fight at calc, what's the problem?" and those that just pick the opposite viewpoint to what their enemies in the game have posted purely to antagonise. With the event winding down, move the calc back to a focal time when the players are more likely to be out of work/college/wherever ... before those players complete their walk away from Inno.

Long term:
Several possible solutions spring to mind - many which have also been suggested here already.
- Separate the power calculation to the "shield protection" lift. You can still have 8pm as the protection lifting - but take that as a snapshot and work out the power gained/lost over the following hours. If it takes a couple of hours for the league tables to be updated I doubt you'd get quite the backlash as you're seeing now.
- Switch the "protection" to a straight 24 hours from the time the sector is taken. Given that there's 240/250 ish sectors per map - storing the timers for each is no different from a couple of players' worth of cities. If countdowns for polishing/goods production can be done to the second - so can protection on GVG maps. You can have the calculation any (quiet) time of day following that.
- Scale the hardware. Yes, this is the option that costs money rather than just time and resources

Mixing the moderators and developers into two groups - we have:
- Those that understand the frustration, want to but are powerless to help
- Those that couldn't care less, will give some face time and are just along for the ride.

Ultimately, neither matter so long as Inno keep getting their diamond purchases and making some money.

If this comment doesn't get deleted then it'll most likely just get ignored with the other voices. Inno will keep FoE (in some form) rolling along whilst concentrating on the shiny new projects. It really is a shame as the camaraderie that has been built up around such a focal point as the 8pm reset is something that will keep people playing and paying. A customer fan base that has taken years to build up can be (and is being) systematically destroyed by a knee jerk reaction by those watching the profit margin rather than looking a month or two ahead and understanding how people have actually been playing the game.

Anyway, full circle - and back to the "what difference will a comment make".

DeletedUser100832

How about making the time of the timer calculation random, so people don't know when it happens a priori?

that way, the server load would be minimal

DeletedUser103140

inno please change times back, i think it is the wrong move and TBH it was only the 8 oclock battles i was enjoying.
its taken the fun factor away for me and begining to lose interest in the game.
put the enjoyment back in the game and put calc back to a time that is out of the avg working day time.
its only a matter of weeks you will start to notice the the amount of players not logging.
please listen to your customers and prove us wrong by showing you value all of us

DeletedUser99438

INNO must also consider that you have a few players here who have only posted 3 or 4 times coming to the forum and making the effort to post their disdain for this move. That is a very powerful statement in my mind.

Well said, I totally agree with you on this

DeletedUser101864

Basically what a load of utter rubbish, we have had a few days of 10am reset and it's killing the game we love, whoever came up with this idea needs to get the sack, no consideration for the people who play this game.
INNO do us all a favour and put things back to how they were before we all just find something else to do with our spare time.