• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Calculation Time Change

DeletedUser96869

Well after the first new reset on East-Nagach: New time, same issues

DeletedUser101441

Thank you Inno I hope this will alleviate the crashes and lag problems in the evenings.
Changing the reset time will only affect guilds that use it to their advantage, tbh I don't care, I'm here to play the game
There is to much emphasis fighting at reset, this will distribute attacks over a larger time-frame and make it suitable for more players
Reset is a difficult time for some, and easier for others.
This will be better for GvG as it will be played and fought over a wider time-span making it available to more players
- No more hiding behind shields ( no more drop and cap sectors )
- Guilds will be able to determine the best fight times for them ( as most smaller guilds do atm )
This will no doubt change the way we are accustomed to fighting GvG.
If this resolves the evening fiasco, do it.
I would leave the game because of all the reset problems, lag, failed sieges, waste of goods, crashing mid battle to name a few. Changing the reset time is a brilliant idea which will make the game more interesting and competitive. Its time to think outside the box gentlemen, :)

Best regards and keep up the great work
Jax

I agree. theres nothing to say that all battles must be fought at clock change, so i dont see this as an issue. Just instead of pressured into joining at 8pm people can now pick and choose when to fight as 10am is not a obvious favorite. It only "ruins" things wih the assumption that all battles would still be at clock even tho most players be at work or school, thus they think its only them not being able to come on and defend. Lets face it, not all battles were at clock anyways, u still needed to defend at riddiculous hours before, like 4am and every x hour during the day:) Clock change is a bad time to fight anyways, too obvious.

DeletedUser99363

Guys it did not help the situations JaxDax mentions, still the same garbage, Namo confirmed issues in EN adn I confirmed same in A

100% same as when reset at 8pm, therefore my logic says, since problem not fixed move it back to what it was, and try something else, I have an idea!

Inno Spend money on your side to support server and game performance at peak times all day long, Stop looking at what your IT people charts and grapgh are telling you about server performance and when most gamers on, Charts do not tell whole story, Today is proof performance and issues are exactly like before this change, so undo it

DeletedUser101441

Guys it did not help the situations JaxDax mentions, still the same garbage, Namo confirmed issues in EN adn I confirmed same in A

100% same as when reset at 8pm, therefore my logic says, since problem not fixed move it back to what it was, and try something else, I have an idea!

Inno Spend money on your side to support server and game performance at peak times all day long, Stop looking at what your IT people charts and grapgh are telling you about server performance and when most gamers on, Charts do not tell whole story, Today is proof performance and issues are exactly like before this change, so undo it

actually it was nowhere near as bad at clock today. It may have lasted around the same length of time but it didnt go mega laggy as usual.. And i do think that itll be even better further on when people realise its not such a big deal, having to be around clock. Havent seen a single siege on around then. Alot of people wouldve made the effort to try be on just in case just to see if something was to happen. Takes some time to get used to the idea clock isnt everythinging, you can fight whenever you like, result be pretty much the same unless you go for drop and regrab or possible when ghosting, but not for any real guilds:) I find it hilarious people say they can no longer do gvg, gvg can be done 24/7 LOL.

DeletedUser4571

and guess what happened today at reset? YES right ofc lags, freezes, internal errors, same old same old.
Again what a poor way to solve problems, Nothing is solved here.
But Inno has achieved that most active players will quit the game
Good job
New marketing strategy, chase away your customers....

DeletedUser2989

The change hasn't done many in my guild any favors, at the same time it doesn't ruin our GvG plans as we'll find a way to adapt. Having 1 specific reset time is always going to be a pain for someone given the diversity of timezones of English speaking players and the diversity of work/play time sechduals. So as a few have mentioned it'd be nice to see the whole "shield" mechanic removed from a preset calc time and for them to be given their own timers. I'm all for calc happening at one time (the adding of power points, change in support pool distribution, etc.) but there are certain parts of GvG that should be removed from a preset time in order to improve it (pretty much anything that is suppose to last a day or be a "once a day" feature).

DeletedUser

Really, I suggest you look at the maps and see how fast they are emptying, this was a really dumnb move on Inno's part. They are just like Microsoft, instead of fixing the core problem, they just issue patches.

Nice one, not.

DeletedUser103987

The change hasn't done many in my guild any favors, at the same time it doesn't ruin our GvG plans as we'll find a way to adapt. Having 1 specific reset time is always going to be a pain for someone given the diversity of timezones of English speaking players and the diversity of work/play time sechduals. So as a few have mentioned it'd be nice to see the whole "shield" mechanic removed from a preset calc time and for them to be given their own timers. I'm all for calc happening at one time (the adding of power points, change in support pool distribution, etc.) but there are certain parts of GvG that should be removed from a preset time in order to improve it (pretty much anything that is suppose to last a day or be a "once a day" feature).

"Having 1 specific reset time is always going to be a pain for someone" - Yes but there's someone and then there's the vast majority?

Personally I believe the shield mechanic needs to be something like a 12 hour cool off period from when the sector is taken, rather than what it is and then still have a set time for when you can move the HQ again...

DeletedUser99363

Tank, would you not agree that each server language the vast majority are from that area, lets say 70-80%, so making reset at the middle of morning when most not around is not the solution, it is a GvsG killer based on how the mechanics of it currently works, and I can tell you the switch did not solve the problem it still occurred today

DeletedUser5180

Having 1 specific reset time is always going to be a pain for someone given the diversity of timezones of English speaking players and the diversity of work/play time sechduals.

*Breaking News* - as expected INNO bring out the mods in their defense

get a grip Tank, the bulk of en is comprised of players who will be working at 10am. YOU know it, I know it and those that dangle you from their puppet strings also know it. That is a pathetic effort to excuse INNO's decision here and IMHO makes you look rather silly.

why defend the indefensible.?

no wonder i always refuse the offer of forum or in-game mod when asked, only a certain type of person would give up their principles to trot out the party line again and again

this is not a personal attack on you Tank, but you really need to start posting YOUR personal opinions and not what those idiots who are ruining our game want you to post

rant over

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99438

actually it was nowhere near as bad at clock today. It may have lasted around the same length of time but it didnt go mega laggy as usual.. And i do think that itll be even better further on when people realise its not such a big deal, having to be around clock. Havent seen a single siege on around then. Alot of people wouldve made the effort to try be on just in case just to see if something was to happen. Takes some time to get used to the idea clock isnt everythinging, you can fight whenever you like, result be pretty much the same unless you go for drop and regrab or possible when ghosting, but not for any real guilds:) I find it hilarious people say they can no longer do gvg, gvg can be done 24/7 LOL.

It was just as laggy and I crashed more times today than was usual for timer reset. One of our players even saw a sector under siege that was not under siege (and I've seen this happen myself on another occasion, so I know what that looks like). So it's still
as buggy as it ever were.

DeletedUser100555

the bulk of en is comprised of players who will be working at 10am

I think Tank was referring to the calculation bit of the daily calc i.e. 1) -

1) Calculation of power
2) Unprotection of new sectors
3) Reset of HQ move timer

1) Could happen at any time. Noon could be sensible, 10am I guess. It doesn't matter. It's a straight 30 seconds downtime.
2) Causes a lot of server traffic as many guilds use release and recapture as part of a strategy.
3) This probably goes along with 2).

The solution to 2) and 3) proposed earlier of just protecting a sector for 24hrs from when it was captured would spread server load a bit more, but I'd snap it back to the hour before the attack e.g. attack at 10:20pm, sector becomes unprotected at 10:00pm next day. Same for HQ move timer.

None of this would solve concurrency issues resulting in spontaneous errors, or memory leaks causing the browser to freeze after every 10-20 battles. Also, it looks like GvG load wasn't as significant as the event - the server overload happened way before daily calc.

So this move of daily calculation is just really irritating to the majority of players who have been asking for a long time for the core product values of relability and performance to be addressed. After thats done, then sure start with a questionnaire about how GvG could be improved.

One simple way of improving performance would be to reduce clicks required everywhere. FP bar can collect up to 1000 FP, better options for repeat quests and repeat supplies e.g. my pref is 24hrs - a simple game setting. I often wonder how many older players quit purely because of the amount of clicking required.

DeletedUser6974

The time change for daily calc will do nothing to address the lag and poor performance from the FOE servers.
All it does is move the same reset action to a different time so a different shift of people working will be on hand to handle the reset issues.
So in other words since their people on hand at the 8:00PM reset time were obviously too incompetent to handle the issues as they come up they choose to ruin the game for everyone by moving the reset time to 10:00AM time so the day shift people are working at reset instead of the night shift.

So now reset is in the middle of the work day morning instead of in the evening when players are home for the evening and ready for some gaming. Just another way for FOE to show us that they do not care about customer satisfaction.
The forum is full of requests by hundreds of people for changes they would like to see which are all ignored.
Changes are made to the game on the ZZ server, the changes are not liked, hundreds of players ask for changes to the game on the ZZ server before it is released to the game servers all of which are ignored.
As soon as the new changes are released to the game servers it is full of bugs and players post the same comments as what is seen on the ZZ forum but all the change requests are once again ignored.
FOE and customer satisfaction is at the bottom of the lists at Inno Games.

the sad thing is they will not even see the comments left here from unhappy customers, all they rely on is a few volunteer mods to compile a list of comments and suggestions which they promptly ignore.
Based on the actions of InnoGames, FOE is not a priority.
In their September issue of InnoGames TV on YouTube, nothing was said about FOE except for the last 1 1/2 minutes addressing the Speakers Corner. Everything else was Elevnar and Grepolis.

An obvious example of their incompetence is on the ZZ server right now. They released an update and all of a sudden when you click on the Aid button in the player bar it always takes you back to your own avatar. so once you move out of the 5 players where your name is you have to keep scrolling back to the next player to Aid. It then jumps back to your name, scroll again, click Aid, it jumps back, scroll again, click, it jumps back.
Total incompetence.

DeletedUser100555

Total incompetence.

Agreed. There is no excuse for that. Please do not put that update on the main servers.

I am beginning to wonder whether Inno know how to organise a programming team at all. Do they have staging servers to try this stuff out on their own or do they just make changes and chuck it out on beta and run 'regression missions' to get beta testers to do all the initial testing.

If the developers as part of their job played their game changes on a staging server then we wouldn't get this mess. Beta should just be a last chance bug catch scenario. I have never been in a programming position where I didn't 'compile, run, test, compile, run, test'. How can you change the social bar and not test it ?

Total incompetence.

If I wasn't an OCD type and want to know what happens next, I'd probably quit the game. I certainly won't get involved with other Innogames products (we all know what bungled kind of games to expect).

It really doesn't have to be that way. Do it properly, do it right, build the brand, be successful. Don't cheat, rip-off and disrespect your customers.

DeletedUser100832

I agree. theres nothing to say that all battles must be fought at clock change, so i dont see this as an issue. Just instead of pressured into joining at 8pm people can now pick and choose when to fight as 10am is not a obvious favorite. It only "ruins" things wih the assumption that all battles would still be at clock even tho most players be at work or school, thus they think its only them not being able to come on and defend. Lets face it, not all battles were at clock anyways, u still needed to defend at riddiculous hours before, like 4am and every x hour during the day:) Clock change is a bad time to fight anyways, too obvious.

problem is, just 3-4 users online at 10am could make sure that there isn't any more fighting to be done for the next 24 hours

DeletedUser7719

Do that many people really fight at reset? Being in a very active GvG guild, our guild always fights at different times, and not very often on reset because it is when the most guilds are watching. The element of surprise is mainly how our guild gains and loses sectors, so I know it's not only our guild that isn't reliant on the reset time.
That being said, I'm still not for the change as the time when I do find fighting at reset most significant are the beginning few days of when a new era is released. That would mean I would have to be up at 5 in the morning in order to gain the advantage when the Future Era GvG map is out.

DeletedUser103508

Do that many people really fight at reset?

Is that some sort of sick joke...???? for over 500 days i have been Helping and Leading all GVG Maps.... in EN... one of the more Fighting Worlds we are told....ALL tacs are built around calc.... it dont matter we can hit any time in 24 hours.... ALL key sectors are taken on calc.... Sheild Walling, getting 15-20 players to nuke 1 sectors, sometimes Guild Removal off a map....

AKA i work 7 days a week, and even when i work 5 days.... 8am - 6pm... so i miss calc... LIKE MOST OTHERS on EN.... and lets say we get a team for 6pm.... o look our enemy as Shield blocked our path... o look we cannot move...

This Calc Move is a joke and i have now Quit GVG..... i cannot log for calc times, WHY even log... we had 4 fighters Quit when lag was a joke.... to move Calc as made it impossible for most of the guild to be online.... me and another 2 founders have more or less Quit GVG fully...

We are AA in EN... 413 days at Rank #1 and soon level 50.... you have just killed the game for so many users....

No happy one bit.... FIX THE DAM GAME...... Dont mess with Calc been in place all this time. ( i am also told massive lag at 10am 2day, when i was at work)

ONE BIG JOKE!!!!

DeletedUser100799

Congratulations Inno, for masking a fundamental change to the game dynamic with a great tribute.
I thought that this was a british server designed to cater for the british time zone.
Like most people here I too work during the day, and this is my retreat for the spare time in the evenings.

10 am is just unworkable, and I have to agree with others here, we work hard for GvG and cannot accept to just sit back and see our efforts be destroyed whilst we cannot defend.

Thanks.

DeletedUser99363

Byeordie, yes we fight right at reset if not we lose sectors and cannot hit back till next reset adn if we don't attack again then boom 3-5 more gone and protected, This is how GvsG works at reset when 2 enthusiastic guilds are going after each other, The element of surprise and attack at off times still occur but most damage is done right at reset. We know both guilds on and watching at reset, but its the 1 with more goods and players on that wins everytime.

So perhaps on your world everybody stares each other done instead, we fight do to mechanics adn how GvsG works with Sheilds, So yes changing the itme when most are workign class at that time leave it to the few that might be home workers or retired and can take complete advantage of situation.

And again We can confirm that this morning time did not solve anything, the server was still slow as Molassess, crashes, forever to replace armies and re-seige, So what good doe sthe change do? Please explain this to me.....I know you cannot till Monday Devs gone home for weekend. that is why CCM has not chirped in this active thread yet, nothing good to say so don't say it at all

Oh just re-read your post, This time is bad for new era? really its bad all around, New era 1st few days is no issue's, your guild adn GvsG maps must not have anybody at war with each other, it makes no difference at all who gets on maps 1st, again its who has more goods and more fighters on at resets that stomp out wherever you want to go to find high value secotrs to hold, Check out A world to understand how GvsG functions if needed

DeletedUser653

.... Having 1 specific reset time is always going to be a pain for someone given the diversity of timezones of English speaking players and the diversity of work/play time sechduals.
Tank, bad post as a mod and a player you you should know better. the game has ran for over 2 years at reset and all guilds are based around this.

Most guilds are really badly effected by this unplanned change and Inno you have again reacted without thinking and implemented a change with no testing in Beta, no consolation in main servers and a complete lack of consideration for players.

INNO - WITH THIS CHANGE YOU SHOW A COMPLETE LACK OF ANY CONSIDERATION FOR ANY CUSTOMER CARE - INNO YOU SUCK AND CARE NOTHING ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS