• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.40

DeletedUser16408

Guys, how many building you have in your towns for pol/mot? i have about 25.. You are in guilds with 50-80 players and you have how many more friends in your friend list? thats about 100 players, and how many of them are pol/mot you? for me is about 20-30% of my guild mates and friends, because the others are lazy :) now with this tool, i am sure that 80% will.And that is 80 pol/mot per day :O , i dont have that much buildings :)

DeletedUser2182

Well done on reinstating the idle symbol for the goods buildings

Wait, what? That was a good thing. The idle moon makes sense for buildings that do not cost anything to produce something. It tells me when I forget to set a production. Goods buildings are easier to oversee, but also more likely to not be producing due to a goods shortage in later ages.

Most of us, long-time players, probably have coins enough to the end of the game, relatively speaking.

Might depend on the player, my supplies are of the scale, my gold not yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4879

As the use of the aid button is optional, I think it's a great idea!
No complaints here!! Well done Inno!!:cool:

DeletedUser1081

Does the design/development team understand that if they don't set the "aid" gizmo to ignore decorations, they will be pressuring us all to eliminate all decorations from our towns and avoid acquiring new ones (including diamond decorations and specials that used to be treated as attractions, such as that mobilith, palm trees, that hot-dog thing when FoE won a prize, etc etc)? Is that really what they want? If so, can they explain why, please?

It would also be good to understand why they're rushing this through to the regular servers so fast. Aren't we in a Shining New Era of greater responsiveness to customer feedback?

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Buildings like “Shrine of Knowledge” or “Tigers’ Den” that trigger an additional effect when motivated/polished (most recent age) are prioritized.

What additional effect does the Tigers' Den produce when polished?

DeletedUser2989

Does the design/development team understand that if they don't set the "aid" gizmo to ignore decorations, they will be pressuring us all to eliminate all decorations from our towns and avoid acquiring new ones (including diamond decorations and specials that used to be treated as attractions, such as that mobilith, palm trees, that hot-dog thing when FoE won a prize, etc etc)? Is that really what they want? If so, can they explain why, please?

It would also be good to understand why they're rushing this through to the regular servers despite the distressed pleas on beta to rethink the way it works. Aren't we in a Shining New Era of greater responsiveness to customer feedback?

It'll only pressure some of us to remove them and not acquire more, I for one may keep a few of them :) (Even if they get polished when I don't want it). There will always be some people who want to use them for pretty cities rather than efficient ones. I do get what you mean though the number of people spending to get them will drop a fair bit, this is probably acceptable as spending will probably go elsewhere in the game.

Technically it still has potential to be changed before reaching the live servers, yes it's unlikely in the short time but still possible. Though based on the following threads in the ideas section I would have thought that people were against turning off the ability to polish decos:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?28041-POLISH-Toggle-On-Off
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...others-to-polish-decorations&highlight=polish

To keep this in perspective, the "Aid" button will not polish all of your decos first (you'll most likely find an even spread amongst your houses/supplies/cultural buildings/decos with a slight bias towards special buildings and those from higher ages) and you'll still have the option to manually visit those that don't want decos polished and chose what to P/M. No one is being forced to use the "Aid" button it is an option for those that want to be quick and a little lazy about their support (and also find BP's faster). Nothing is stopping people from forming groups to manually visit and P/M (as some do now) it just means that you'll get random help from people that you were not planning to help before.

DeletedUser

This will be a disaster for me on Korch... here is why

I have worked very hard to build a reliable list of friends who always visit me (almost) daily. Between them and my guildmates I get visited between 100-120 times per day.

My priorities set in my profile are PSC. I have 7 cultural buildings which get polished every 12 hours, so that's 14 visits accounted for and 8 production buildings which I almost always have on 4 hour productions, so that's 48 visits accounted for. These are almost always done to perfection, so that's 62 visits accounted for. The other 40-60 visits go to my houses even though coins are a low priority for me.

Now with this 'easier' way to do it, there will be no way of setting the priority. I know people CAN visit the city and select a building manually, but let's face it, they won't.

So as a result of this I will find often more houses will be motivated but sometimes I won't have all my cultural buildings polished or production buildings motivated, completely ruining the perfect balance of coins and supplies I have managed to maintain, and often likely leaving my population not enthusiastic.

This will also be an issue for me on Greifental... There I also have specific requests which my guild and friends follow fairly accurately. With this new feature I fear the vast majority will use it and my requests will not be fulfilled, this will make the game significantly more difficult for me and may require me to completely rethink my city design and balance.

Very unhappy with this :(

DeletedUser14881

Might depend on the player, my supplies are of the scale, my gold not yet.
In what age you are? Because I started the Contemporary with almost 15kk and they were all gone.

Anyway... I hope that with an increased amount, if any, I'll get everything motivated/polished all the time. I'm also with ~25 "polivatable" items too.

DeletedUser104843

I have just used this feature in Beta and I have to say I love it. I usually dont have time to polivate at all but I was able to do over 150 polivates in about 3 mins. Thats all 3 lists completely. Normally I only have about 20-30 buildings polivated in my own city but today I logged in to find all but 4 done.
All the ppl who say their buuldings wont be prioritised the way they want should take into account that they will now get FAR more ppl polivating them. trust me its well worth it.

Best feature EVER!!!!!

Big thumbs up from me( incase you didnt guess allready)

DeletedUser10684

Regarding the moon icon for goods I can see it both ways. I occasionally leave them idle while waiting for unrefined goods but most of the time they are all running so it will help prevent me missing one, which happens more times than you'd think.

I think the aid feature is brilliant! As has been said, I will be able to help my guild-mates in minutes, whereas with my internet, I usually manage two full polivation runs each week. I will still aim for 1-2 proper targeted runs but my overall polivation output will rise massively. Individual polishes can still be requested on guild-wide mail threads if they experience dips in productivity. My main 'concern' was for those who fight a lot of PvP and might accidentally, out of habit, click the big button and help their enemies. Then not be able to attack for 24 hours... Lol.

DeletedUser653

I suspect considering the feed back on the aid feature its going to be here for the main server, so we might as well accept that with the short time from beta to main server its going to happen.

Today I had 10 decorations and got 7 polished, but also got my top 5 happy buildings polished and various other bits. so deleted 8 decorations and I will use old roads for filling in any gaps. I suspect i will now end up with better potivation then I got before so I cannot moan and thus support this change

DeletedUser14394

Is there any information on when will the Big sized troops during battle will be patched..? It's very much irritating and hard to find a particular unit (by hovering over a troop in below tooltip in battle) during crucial GvG battles.

DeletedUser

The people who care enough to polyvate what a person actually asks for are likely to do the same afterwards, those who only polyvate when the mood strikes them have no excuse not to. I will take the random polyvates for the significant increase in them any day. Thank you inno.

DeletedUser1081

To keep this in perspective, the "Aid" button will no polish all of your decos first (you'll most likely find an even spread amongst your houses/supplies/cultural buildings/decos with a slight bias towards special buildings and those from higher ages).

Due respect, Tankovy, but I'm not asking the mods here to answer those. I'm hoping that Starzaan/Kimba/Tracey can find out from the development/design team whether they've done this intentionally and if so why. Here are my questions again:

Does the design/development team understand that if they don't set the "aid" gizmo to ignore decorations, they will be pressuring us all to eliminate decorations from our towns (starting from the latest ones) and to avoid acquiring new ones (including diamond decorations and specials that used to be treated as attractions, such as the "mobilith", palm trees, that hot-dog thing when FoE won a prize, etc etc)? Is that really what they want? If so, can they explain why, please?

It would also be good to understand why they're rushing this through to the regular servers despite the distressed pleas on beta to rethink the way it works. Aren't we in a Shining New Era of greater responsiveness to customer feedback?

DeletedUser15432

Furthermore, when the nest Easter event comes out, this "Aid" attachment will seriously jeopardise those people who want to collect prizes from the Easter Event or donate eggs to other peoples cities, therefore can we please have some feed back on what the actual intention of this feature is and whether we can turn it off for our own cities

DeletedUser

My main 'concern' was for those who fight a lot of PvP and might accidentally, out of habit, click the big button and help their enemies. Then not be able to attack for 24 hours... Lol.
That's a good point, I expect to be one of the ones who do that myself quite a lot for the first week or so until I get used to it!

Furthermore, when the nest Easter event comes out, this "Aid" attachment will seriously jeopardise those people who want to collect prizes from the Easter Event or donate eggs to other peoples cities, therefore can we please have some feed back on what the actual intention of this feature is and whether we can turn it off for our own cities
I'm running on the assumption that the next Easter event will be completely different from the last one for this reason, well, I really hope so anyway lol

DeletedUser5180

Regarding the large attack button being replaced with the aid button I'd prefer to see the aid button being a small cross (first aid symbol under a players GB icon) and leaving the attack button where it is.

I don't think the Easter event will be affected that much, using a guild based system or event history page will see it work the same as before (and I'll add that I really enjoy this event and hope it stays this way next time around or it may become a luck based event which many complain about, at least we have the choice of what rewards we get in this event)

DeletedUser2989

That's not what's happening on beta, Tankovy. It's prioritizing shrines (okay) and decorations (oh no), then favours polishing over motivating (okay for some, terrible for others). That's why there are a lot of people on beta are so unhappy with it and asking them to change the algorithms before releasing the gizmo on the regular servers.

And yes I know we can still visit people and polivate in accordance with their wishes instead of using this ill-conceived new gizmo. But no one can stop others using it on us, and it becomes very problematic when it's set to do the least desirable thing possible.

While I can't comment directly on what I'm seeing on beta I will say I'm not seeing the same outcome that you seem to think is happening. The "Aid" feature chooses buildings randomly (and this discussion on random has popped up before in a different context), so what some people see after a day of a feature being in use may not reflect the overall long term results. I'd say there would be some there that see a bias towards motivating over polishing and others may be unlucky enough to have shrines overlooked while others have had them done straight up.

I don't think there will be an option to turn "aid" off as it wouldn't be a setting that only affects 1 person. As for the Easter event, it is a while off so they have time to think about what to do here. As I see it they could run it like before and adjust the "Aid" button so that it never polishes decorations and only uses egg hiding actions (or uses them up first then polishes...) or it could hide an egg and polish the deco at the same time? They really have many options when it comes to the next Easter event and lots of time to think about it.