• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Some statistics regarding military buildings and their units

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but, how is the final damage dealt calculated in terms of the attacker's Attack and defender's Defense? Is it something like Attacker's attack (+ bonus and stuff) - Defender's Defense ( + bonus and stuff) or something like (AA / DD) * some constant? So far I've noticed my spearmen do about 3 - 5 dmg on other npc spearmen both on open terrain...

**Edit**
Thanks for the effort you've put into making those tables btw, lol :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but, how is the final damage dealt calculated in terms of the attacker's Attack and defender's Defense? Is it something like Attacker's attack (+ bonus and stuff) - Defender's Defense ( + bonus and stuff) or something like (AA / DD) * some constant? So far I've noticed my spearmen do about 3 - 5 dmg on other npc spearmen both on open terrain...

Let me know if you ever find out, like I said here the dmg done and showed is never the same.

DeletedUser

Nobody knows the exact battle formula except for the devs. But for good reasons they will never reveal it. There is randomness (AKA luck) involved, so much is for sure. Maybe also some terrain specifics (other than rocks that influence short range units), as well as distance can play a factor. One day some freak will find this out, until then, we'll just have to deal with it the way it is and fight with intuition :p

DeletedUser

Short Range units get attack bonus if shooting from rocks, Long Range units from hills (not sure if from rocks as well, will edit after I find out); Light Melee units get defense bonus in bushes (+2) and forest (+3). All units have a min and max damage. Not sure how the defense or the formulas work; there's no way to tell the real HP of each unit (I don't believe they all have 10 hp).

DeletedUser1018

Unit cost
Archery range
170 coins
40 supplies

Mounted warrior
40 coins
180 suplies

Ballista
0 coins
250 suplies

DeletedUser1018

How does the movement of each unit works? The number you put in the table does not match each hexagon in the battle field or am I understand it wrong?

DeletedUser

I took the movement numbers from the info you get when hovering the mouse over the unit in the "turn" bar at the bottom of the battlefield. Movement can be slowed down by various terrain specifics like swamps, rocks and hills as well as troops being in the way.

DeletedUser

update.....
Added some unit costs.
Also added columns for recruiting time, costs to unlock the 3rd and 4th slot of the barracks / stables.
Thanks for your contributions!

DeletedUser1018

I took the movement numbers from the info you get when hovering the mouse over the unit in the "turn" bar at the bottom of the battlefield. Movement can be slowed down by various terrain specifics like swamps, rocks and hills as well as troops being in the way.

In this screen shot I count 6 for movement instead of the 14 in the table. Probably I'm counting wrong.

battle.jpg

DeletedUser

The numbers for movement in the table do not represent 1 hex field, they are there to illustrate the difference between the various units. If 1 movement point was 1 hex field, you could reach every spot on the map with almost every unit which wouldn't make much sense. The numbers represent some sort of percentage, as do healing times and hit-points. The exact formula is not documented and probably never will be. Important is that with the table I provided, you can put various units into relation to each other and compare them, just ignore the absolute numbers.

DeletedUser1018

Does anyone know if the amount of medals to get an expansion must be earned in one tower or can be in several towers?
I have 10 medals in bronze age tower and 40 in iron age tower and i didn't get the expansion victory.

DeletedUser176

Doesn't matter what tower they come from, there's just one counter for medals.

By the way, unlock costs for crossbows: 6,800/5,700 and 18,100/15,100
Fourth slot of berserker barracks: 14,500/12,100

DeletedUser

......I have 10 medals in bronze age tower and 40 in iron age tower and i didn't get the expansion victory.
You spent 10 medals already for the first victory expansion, the second one will cost you 50, so you will need 10 more medals.

Thanks Vanguard, I will update when I have collected enough fresh data again.

DeletedUser176

The numbers for movement in the table do not represent 1 hex field, they are there to illustrate the difference between the various units. If 1 movement point was 1 hex field, you could reach every spot on the map with almost every unit which wouldn't make much sense. The numbers represent some sort of percentage, as do healing times and hit-points. The exact formula is not documented and probably never will be. Important is that with the table I provided, you can put various units into relation to each other and compare them, just ignore the absolute numbers.
As far as I got behind this, the number really shows the movement. It's just that plain grass takes two away. Trees/bushes take around 3 and swamps/hills like 4 or something like that...
Also it seems that just being "in turn" costs 2 points. For expample a unit with 14 movement minus 2 has 12 movement when in turn, thus walks 6 fields on plain grass. Or maybe the "in turn" penalty ist kept for attacks and expires if not used.

Status
Not open for further replies.