• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] FoE Soccer Cup

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I'm not worried, but I do expect that moderators post true and accurate information, and where necessary, they edit/remove posts that are no longer valid.

As has happened now, on one hand it is reported as a confirmed bug, but the information in your post contradicts that.

DeletedUser7719

they edit/remove posts that are no longer valid.
Sorry man, I was probably busy that day and forgot to edit/remove it (as I could of sworn that I did). It is removed now since the bug is confirmed

EDIT: plus it was the time before I was a mod as well (I don't make those kinds of posts nowadays)

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
As I said before, I wasn't worried :)

Thanks anyway. Do you know then in battles, how does the AI target the PME Champs?

DeletedUser7719

Only have put a PME Champ and rogues in my defense (and haven't faced another), so... they still target rogues (if in range) first lol :p

DeletedUser5514

How many fps will be given for each shot? Will a 5 shots package be converted into a 5 FP package?
Update on what happens to shot packages when the event ends:

Shot packages will be transformed into Forge Point packages, this will take place once the event is over (on the next login of each user).

DeletedUser

Consider the impact that this "fun little mini game" has had on the efforts of so many guilds in GvG. One Hall of Fame can provide more crowns, translating to ranking, than several sectors in GvG. When a player can gain 5 or 6 of these, along with a few other members gaining them, then suddenly the efforts of those guilds that actually WORKED for those points are almost wasted effort....you've got to wonder what the devs were thinking. Whoever drew up the Fan Shop needs to take some art classes. It's hideous and doesn't fit with any of the buildings of any Age. Who needs to worry about medals when you can load up on 10+ Victory Towers and start raking in medals...who needs to work for 'em when they're giving 'em away for free?
Liquid is absolutely correct. FoE needs to concentrate on issues within the game. It's great to have events that offer additional items, but when the entire outcome is pure luck and that luck can have this large of an impact on the game, then it's no longer a benefit...it's a detriment.
I sincerely hope FoE does something to correct this faux pas and return the game back to it's roots. This one is a bust, a perfect example of a "ready, fire, aim" thought process.

This game should be based on the skill level and the decision making ability of the individual players, not some random spin of the wheel that can determine such a huge outcome.

This.

The amount of medals being given away for peanuts makes a mockery of the existing system. I can conquer a +100% sector and earn 150 medal, or spend a few cups and get 700.

And the fan shop is ugly as sin.

DeletedUser7719

There are two more:
41) Research a technology
42) Acquire a province

DeletedUser5514

There are two more:
41) Research a technology
42) Acquire a province

This means its impossible to finish the soccer event without spending some of the shots packages earned during the event, am i right?

DeletedUser96867

This means its impossible to finish the soccer event without spending some of the shots packages earned during the event, am i right?

I believe that is likely correct, i've used all my shot packages and i'm just finishing off the 42 shot quest now. However i did get at least 2 or 3 of the 20 shot + 4-24hr production filler quests along the way.

DeletedUser100341

Don't know where you are on the 40 shot, but lets say your near the end. You have 2 more to go 41+42 = 83 shots, There are only about 30 hours to go meaning you'll only get 30 more shots. Hope you have 50+ saved up or can gets some shot packages from the chest.

DeletedUser12063

I'm beginning to think the game is rigged. It seems like the same player in my neighborhood wins most of the large amounts of cups all the time. Seems like the only time he doesn't win is when he's not online. Seems very fishy to me.

DeletedUser7719

He probably spilled all his shot packages then, so he would have to win some cups there ;)
I had a bunch of winnings on one of my worlds when I used the 19 packages I had :p

DeletedUser12063

Seems odd that I can take 15 shots, and miss every one. Then the next shot from someone else wins. It happens a lot to me like that. Personally, I hope they don't come out with another event in the game. The last 2 have both been pretty lame in my mind. Waste of time.

DeletedUser99363

This will be teh 1st event i will not be able to complete, im halfway thru 41 with only 20hours or so left :(

DeletedUser96867

Seems odd that I can take 15 shots, and miss every one. Then the next shot from someone else wins. It happens a lot to me like that. Personally, I hope they don't come out with another event in the game. The last 2 have both been pretty lame in my mind. Waste of time.

I've concluded you have the higher probability of winning on your first shot, after that it seems to decrease. If you get into a long run of misses it seems to go on forever. Many times i've finally given up even with the reward at a very large size and you are right, after that someone wins it with just 1 or 2 shots after i've missed 30 or 40 in a row. Long term the shot percentages might work out but i'm convinced on any given shot there is not the same chance of winning.

DeletedUser

Event Ends Today!

Just a reminder that the Event ends today. At the time of posting there are just under 20 hours left to do event quests and take shots.

Event End.png

The prizes will be available until 20 July.

Prize Ending.png

Shots in the shots bar should be used up before the time runs out. They will no longer be useable when the event is over and will not be converted to Forge Point packages.

shots bar.png

Shots packages in your inventory can either be used or will be converted to Forge Points packages when the event is over.

shots packages.png

If you can inform guild members and remind people in chat, this would help to ensure that as many people as possible know. :)