• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] FoE Soccer Cup

DeletedUser103086

What is soccer? Is it like football? You play with a ball using the foot.

Amy Steele

General
Yes - soccer is another name for football. The term soccer was used as it is more widely known and distinguishes 'football' (Soccer) from American Football.

DeletedUser

No information on the prizes. Hard to get excited when don't even know if the prizes will be worth the effort.
Will there be a confirmation window when selecting the prizes, to avoid the major issue on the beta server where a minor sloppy click can easily cost a person days worth of collections?

DeletedUser

No information on the prizes. Hard to get excited when don't even know if the prizes will be worth the effort.
Will there be a confirmation window when selecting the prizes, to avoid the major issue on the beta server where a minor sloppy click can easily cost a person days worth of collections?

The prizes available will be seen when the event starts; for now the information is limited to what has been announced.....

DeletedUser14664

I guess the prizes will be standart ones: coins, supplies,bps and special buildings from past events

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Please could I ask players NOT to provide information that has not been made available in the announcement prior to the start of the event?

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
For those players that really want to know, you can make an account on the beta server and take a look for yourselves, thus preserving the purity of this thread :)

DeletedUser

For those players that really want to know, you can make an account on the beta server and take a look for yourselves, thus preserving the purity of this thread :)

Exactly! And once the event is running, then it can be discussed in full; just not beforehand... :D

DeletedUser3200

So the exact purpose of opening this thread prior to the commencement?

DeletedUser5180

the announcement says
All the other prizes change every couple of hours, so you won't get bored

does this mean every two hrs (which differs from what is currently in testing on the beta server). A couple generally refers to the number 2 when used in that context, is that what is meant here or does couple mean several. If it means several hrs may i suggest changing the announcement from every couple as it would be misleading to most players.?

DeletedUser

All the other prizes change every couple of hours, so you won't get bored

You will find out the definitive answer to this when the event is on the live server. The reason we don't comment on the situation in testing is that it can be changed for the live server.

DeletedUser5514

From what i read on all this thread, what is there to be discussed?

It seems, all questions have no answer, except when the event starts, but then i doubt this thread will be necessary at all...

DeletedUser

Please could I ask players NOT to provide information that has not been made available in the announcement prior to the start of the event?

If you don't want people to discuss the event before it is released - 1) don't announce it's being released, 2) don't put it on beta. Telling us not to discuss the event in the event discussion thread really makes no sense. I understand that there is a rule not to discuss other servers here (which still makes no sense to me) but you didn't quote that rule, you basically told me to shut up and left it at that.

I asked a reasonable question and pointed out that, unlike every other event that I have seen on FoE, information was being withheld concerning prizes. Those are legitimate things for a discussion thread, are they not? Surely we want to "prepare" for the event in some small way even if that is just getting excited about it, hard to get excited when you don't know what the prizes are. Telling us what the prizes are would have increased excitement for the event significantly.

DeletedUser

"Will there be a confirmation window when selecting the prizes" the answer to that question was not in the announcement, but it wasn't a spoiler of any kind as we can see, from the announcement, that there are prizes that one gets from clicking on them. Can we get an answer to that at least?

DeletedUser

Surely we want to "prepare" for the event in some small way even if that is just getting excited about it, hard to get excited when you don't know what the prizes are. Telling us what the prizes are would have increased excitement for the event significantly.

For some players getting excited about the event will include wondering what the prizes are without knowing in advance. It would be a shame to spoil this for those players, and you do have the opportunity to try the event out on the beta server if you wish to get further sneak peeks over and above the information given in the announcement.

If Innogames wanted to provide information about the prizes at this stage, then it would have been in the announcement. As it hasn't been provided yet, should you really preempt the Community Manager by providing it yourself?