• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hall of Fame nerfing

DeletedUser

For those referring to Inno's Terms and Conditions I'm afraid they simply don't help them in situations like this.

The Terms and Conditions essentially form the contract between Inno and its customers. And you cannot contract out of the law. Nothing that you agree to in a contract is binding if it is against the law. And consumer protection legislation prohibits companies from selling products which are defective or falsely advertised. Its the same situation as you see in some small shops at times which have a little sign up saying 'Returns not accepted'. That sign has no effect. Everyone who buys something in that shop is allowed to take it back and ask for a refund if it is defective in any way. It doesn't matter that there is a sign up. Just as Inno's Terms and Conditions don't help them here.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Well said sir +1

There is also this....

From 13 June 2014 the Consumer Contracts Regulations, which implement the Consumer Rights Directive in UK law, come into effect

Last edited:

DeletedUser3157

I don't know why people wouldn't have thought it gave prestige as my understand of prestige was power + bonus prestige from gvg level. Why a player should have been expected to assume gvg power, and HOS power would operate completely differently is beyond me.

Until the explanation for this 'bug' was released, I don't see any way how any player in this game could have guessed the secret definition for 'power' that is used now. There was nothing in this game to indicate that there is no direct one-on-one correlation between prestige and power. This was also furthered fueled by the fact that this was exactly how the feature also worked when released.

DeletedUser

German governing law remember Mrbeef and I can't claim to be an expert on German consumer law but I'd be astounded if it was materially different from any other EU jurisdiction including the UK.

The jurisdiction clause is drafted like none I've never seen if I'm honest. Hamburg courts mentioned but I've never seen a jurisdiction clause without either 'exclusive jurisdiction' or 'non-exclusive jurisdiction' expressly stated. In the absence of any express mention of either I'd have to interpret it as non-exclusive. Probably an irrelevant point anyway as wherever the case is heard German law applies.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
But the 'highest' EU consumer law applies does it not?

By that I mean the country of purchase supersedes local laws..you tell me..you seem knowledgeable in such matters :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I'll confess I hadn't given that any thought at all. You may be right.

Either way I think we can agree that anyone (customer or vendor) who believes that Inno's Ts and Cs are in any way relevant with regards refunds on this particular topic is misinformed. Just like the misinformed and likely intimidated customer in my example of the shop with the sign up saying 'Refunds not accepted'. Yes they are. Consumers have rights. You cannot contract out of the law.

DeletedUser96844

Power is supplied to the power bar..
This levels up and gives the guild several perks.
One of these perks is prestige boost.

The prestige boost is added to the prestige points gathered from Guild controlled GvG sectors and local map boosts (15%, 10%, 5%)for being in top 3 guilds on that certain map.

GvG sectors supply both power points and prestige points.

One is added to power bar ..to help level up to next perk.
One is added to prestige pool to give guild ranking.

Halls of Fame were only advertised to give power boost to power bar.
The Bug is that it is currently giving prestige points as well, therefore giving false rankings to guilds.

If a guild has no GvG sectors and is at level 13 due to only having HoFs..prestige points should be 325..for guild ranking points.
Level 14 they would then have 350 points.
Level 15 ..375 points.

Why is it difficult to work out the difference between power and prestige?

Prestige ranking in reality mean nothing per say.. just bragging rights.

The power points are what count.. getting better perks for the guild..discounted build costs , extra fps etc.

DeletedUser6065

' . . . GvG sectors supply both power points and prestige points. . . .'
Nope.
GvG sectors give power only (look at the sector tool tips. Power. No prestige is listed).
On the sector map page, top 3 get power bonus only.
Powers listed on sector maps from all sectors go to guild's power bar.
Prestige listed on the guild 'level page' at the current power level is the daily prestige.
Each power level increase also increases the prestige amount given daily.

All the rest looks good.
. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Mk....that's incorrect, despite how it's listed in the tooltip. titan45 is 100% correct. I have confirmed this some time ago, and triple checked.

If sectors only gave power, the only prestige a guild would have would be the prestige earned from leveling up.

When you win a sector, the sector power is applied ONCE to the total prestige. The sector power is then applied DAILY toward the guild level up progress bar. For example, if you win a power 120 sector in PME, the 120 is applied ONCE to your total prestige, and then 120 is applied DAILY to your level up progress.

The top 3 guilds of each map earn a small bonus which applies to DAILY power that is applied to your level up progress only.

The only thing i'm not positive about that titan45 mentioned is the prestige earned from leveling up. I always forget to check if the prestige earned from leveling up is added in addition to previous levels, or only the difference. For example, if you earned 350 prestige from level 14, when you reach level 15, is the 375 added to a guilds total prestige? Or only the difference of 25 prestige added?

DeletedUser6065

I'm gonna go at this further, once the HoF mess is squared up. I can't see doing any prestige analysis 'til this is done. But - if the tool tips are wrong, why no bug? Or, did I miss it? . . . mk

DeletedUser

Don't feel bad Mk. You aren't the only veteran here to be confused by all of it. In fact, it's almost safe to say half the vets I discuss with were just as confused about it as you were. It took me a while to figure it all out as well. It was never clearly explained anywhere....in fact, it's alwaysbeen very poorly explained. It took me a lot of digging around and testing to figure it out. But now that I have, it's all pretty simple.

Further info if you didn't know...if a guild loses a sector or frees a sector, the power of the sector is also removed from your overall prestige. Example: A guild's prestige is 3000. They lose a sector to another guild that stole it, that sector's power was 60. The guild's prestige score is now 2940. Keep in mind, you won't see that reflected until the next daily calculation.

A little more info regarding a guild's level progress...Your guild's level progress increases toward the next level (the green progress bar) each day at the daily calculation. The amount it progresses daily is determined by TWO factors:

1. Total current prestige - If a guild's current prestige is 3000, for example, 3000 points will be added daily to the level progress. This of course increases/decreases as your prestige changes.
2. Hall of Fame - Once 1.29 is updated and the HoF is working correctly, each time a guildie collects their HoF, the amount of power they collect is added to the guild level progress. For example, if the player's HoF is PME age, it will add 110 points daily, or 220 if motivated, to the level progress.

Hope this makes things a little more clear for you!

DeletedUser7719

Easiest way for me to put it: total power gained per day = prestige
After this update: total powered gained from GvG per day = prestige
Total power from GvG is calculated by adding all the sectors (plus bonus if in top 3) in each province then adding all provinces together. Add the Halls of Fame gained to get the total power per day.

So what ever affects power, affects prestige in GvG.

DeletedUser76094

I think action has been taken on this issue and Thank you Tracey for getting this done in 1.29 itself. I can continue to play now. 1.29 is indeed the first useful (*hopefully*) update I have seen in the last 2y3m of playing FoE.

DeletedUser1081

Easiest way for me to put it: total power gained per day = prestige
After this update: total powered gained from GvG per day = prestige
Total power from GvG is calculated by adding all the sectors (plus bonus if in top 3) in each province then adding all provinces together. Add the Halls of Fame gained to get the total power per day.

So what ever affects power, affects prestige in GvG.

This makes it even more ludicrous that anyone would be somehow expected to know that the HoF was adding to prestige only due to a developers' oversight. The whole mess - including the company's failure to ever provide any clear explanations of GvG concepts like "prestige" and "power" - is disgraceful.

This used to be such a good game - we used to look forward to seeing what the imaginative developers and artists would come up with. Now we beg them not to unleash flawed and ill-thought-out items that seem aimed at leaving players feeling cheated and upset.

DeletedUser96844

Mk....that's incorrect, despite how it's listed in the tooltip. titan45 is 100% correct. I have confirmed this some time ago, and triple checked.

Thanks for the confirmation ohcrapitsalex.... it took me a few questions to management and a few times through the calculations to work it out and get my head round it too..

A lot of problems with this game is the descriptions and explanations given by devs, mods etc are pretty vague or misleading at times, causing confusion to players. They in turn have plentiful discussions about it until someone from management comes in with the answer.. and sometimes not what anyone was expecting at all...lol

DeletedUser96844

The only thing i'm not positive about that titan45 mentioned is the prestige earned from leveling up. I always forget to check if the prestige earned from leveling up is added in addition to previous levels, or only the difference. For example, if you earned 350 prestige from level 14, when you reach level 15, is the 375 added to a guilds total prestige? Or only the difference of 25 prestige added?

In ref: to the above partial quote.. When the power bar levels up..all that is added to prestige is the difference in points...ie: 350 levelled up to 375..only 25 is added to prestige.

Add up you guilds points from the various maps you have sectors on... plus the prestige boost from power bar.. that should be prestige total shown in rankings

DeletedUser

Kings and Queens,

So, I have some good news for you, as you all are fully aware now the hall of fame has now been nerfed, as this item does still do as intended, and gives power to a guild we cannot refund these, however.... for all those of you who purchased the Hall of Fame prior to the announcement on the 18th we are now offering you 1000 cups for each hall of fame as a good will gesture, and of course, you get to keep the Hall of Fame. :)

to claim your cups please send a ticket to support :D

DeletedUser

Great news Kimba! Does this apply to anyone that has a HoF in their city prior to the 18th? Or only those that paid to buy diamonds/trophies, or...?

Also, will there be an in-game announcement to let everyone know?

DeletedUser

this applies to any hall of fame however you purchased it :)

DeletedUser914

I don't see why a refund of 1000 cups is solving the issues of killing GvG. Oh what am I "happy"