• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion for Easter Event

DeletedUser5180

Why would anyone buy a portrait?

Im going off topic here but i'd like us to be able to use our own portrait.

lets say inno charged 100 diamonds for you to use your own avatar.....you pay and upload it and hey presto a bit of individuality. Its tiring scrolling through your social bar and seeing dozens of the same avatar

DeletedUser100066

It's nice some folks can complete the questline without issue, but the 6 hour clock killed my chances from the beginning. I work 12 hour days and commute an hour each way. I also need more than 5 hours sleep. A 10 hour clock like the FPs would have made the difference on completion. Many in my guild wont finish it.

DeletedUser16866

Will there be any difference if I use Renovation Kit on my Confectionary in Industrial Age rather than waiting to use it in Modern Era? I mean will it be better in Modern Era or will it be the same.

DeletedUser98465

Will there be any difference if I use Renovation Kit on my Confectionary in Industrial Age rather than waiting to use it in Modern Era? I mean will it be better in Modern Era or will it be the same.

I think by default it's going to be better if you leave it until ME rather than IndA

DeletedUser7719

to buy six hiding actions is 120 diamonds and to buy 25 eggs is 125 diamonds so its fair to say 6 hiding actions is worth 25 eggs............perhaps support would exchange at this rate if asked (it seems a pretty fair way of doing things)
It's fair to say it, but I don't think the stats add up (I haven't recorded anything, but my guess would be averaging around 15 eggs). That and you are not guaranteed that your eggs will be returned which just puts a dent in the hiding action package
so far during the easter event I got....

-3 kings/queens (I don't need them)
-7 hiding action packages (thanks!)

this is taking the michael
Why does no one want kings anymore? They give the most coins per square over any building in the game (including premiums and excluding 1-hour houses and less IF you don't have St. Marks)
Im going off topic here but i'd like us to be able to use our own portrait.

lets say inno charged 100 diamonds for you to use your own avatar.....you pay and upload it and hey presto a bit of individuality. Its tiring scrolling through your social bar and seeing dozens of the same avatar
There was an idea suggesting custom avatars, but the problem is just any sort of trolls or inappropriate content that could be used.

DeletedUser99263

Why does no one want kings anymore?

Many people (including me) need more citizens than coins to produce a lot of armies and goods.
I guess also that the price of houses is too unbalanced to the detriment of supplies... But it's not a problem, it's a part of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100341

Two comments I have about Easter event and prizes.

1) The only way I can see of getting Obsrvatory BPs after the event is through contributing to construction or level up of a Observatory. Since it has "No Age" any pol/mot will give a BP of the age of the object pol/moted not an Observatory.
2) Especially for the Champion's retreat renovation kits need to be offered in future events. I'm almost LMA and would need at least 3 to advance it for each future age. Not much chance of me getting more than 1 in this Easter event. I will have to use it wisely.

DeletedUser15432

TheWizEd

You can only obtain observatory bp's by either buying them in the easter event or donating to another observatory, you can not get them through polivation

DeletedUser

Two comments I have about Easter event and prizes.

1) The only way I can see of getting Obsrvatory BPs after the event is through contributing to construction or level up of a Observatory. Since it has "No Age" any pol/mot will give a BP of the age of the object pol/moted not an Observatory.
2) Especially for the Champion's retreat renovation kits need to be offered in future events. I'm almost LMA and would need at least 3 to advance it for each future age. Not much chance of me getting more than 1 in this Easter event. I will have to use it wisely.

You only need 1 renovation kit if you wait to build it or at least wait to use the renovation kit until latest age you can wait for. (would be wise not to bother building champ retreat so it isn't taking up space until that point). Not sure it is worth building at all though

DeletedUser100341

You only need 1 renovation kit if you wait to build it or at least wait to use the renovation kit until latest age you can wait for. (would be wise not to bother building champ retreat so it isn't taking up space until that point). Not sure it is worth building at all though

@leeroyj - I plan to buy it so I can get a Shrine. But like you say, I'll probably leave it in inventory until I see a strategic need for it. My comment about 3 reno kits was just to illustrate. If I built it now I would need 3 kits to keep it up to date with the era I would be in, otherwise it would become worthless.

DeletedUser7719

TheWizEd

You can only obtain observatory bp's by either buying them in the easter event or donating to another observatory, you can not get them through polivation
Don't forget diamonds ;)

I'm guessing both items will be offered in future events. There has been no items yet that have not been offered at least once a year.

DeletedUser12063

So far I've been very disappointed with this years Easter event. First, I get a very low return on the eggs left in my city. Most of them give a single egg, with a few giving 5 daily. I get a single 20 egg return maybe every other or third day. And I've only seen one 50 egg return. I know some in my guild that have received several 50's, and get 20's pretty much daily. It seems to take forever for me to collect any amount of eggs. Second, the chests seem to be worthless. I've on opened up 5 total so far, and got nothing worth while yet. You would think out of 5 chests you would get at least 1 good item.

DeletedUser2989

So far I've been very disappointed with this years Easter event. First, I get a very low return on the eggs left in my city. Most of them give a single egg, with a few giving 5 daily. I get a single 20 egg return maybe every other or third day. And I've only seen one 50 egg return. I know some in my guild that have received several 50's, and get 20's pretty much daily. It seems to take forever for me to collect any amount of eggs. Second, the chests seem to be worthless. I've on opened up 5 total so far, and got nothing worth while yet. You would think out of 5 chests you would get at least 1 good item.

I've recieved what I consider a fairly high rate of egg return (didn't keep too strict a count) and got fairly similar results to you, I got 1 50 lots of 1s/5s and everyother day I might get 1 or more 20's. I doubt I got enough eggs to get the entire set of 11 (didn't bother trying) but I guess it's suppose to be random in that sense. When it comes to the chests it did seem like there were more dud prises than good ones (I'd say that was intentional) which was disapointting to see but I guess Inno has to balance things out some how. If everyone has a great event every time then it'd remove the challenge of the game, everything would just be too easy. I know I'm jealous of a few guild mates who picked a bunch of chests and got good things from all of them.

The way I look at it is there are several events a year and the next might be mine, I had a pretty good winter event last time and hopefully I won't have to wait that long for another good haul :)

Edit: to the post that just beat mine you'll find the answer here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24982-What-date-and-time-does-contest-finish

DeletedUser14664

actually, i'm quite happy with my eggs. yesterday i got 3 50s and 2 20s. and each day i get at least 1 20. it all just luck i guess :)

DeletedUser100341

There are three RUMORs flying around about the prizes from the Easter event. Most of us are still waiting for confirmation. Can a moderator confirm, thanks?

1) Champion's retreat can not be upgraded with a renovation kit.
2) If you complete the questline do not accept the final prize because you will not be able to place or trade in eggs.
3) Only 1 Shrine of Knowledge can be motivated at a time. In other words if you have 3 only one can give you a FP.

1. This is untrue - a Champion's retreat can be upgraded with a renovation kit.
2. This is untrue - you will be able to place and trade eggs after you have accepted the final prize in the questline.
3. This is a known issue that is currently being looked into.

I don't have an update on the issue of being able to motivate only one Shrine at a time, but I'm hoping it will be soon. :)

Still no answer on item 3?

DeletedUser100341

There is no further information on this issue yet, I assume it is still being looked into.

First let assume its broken during the Easter event. Can the devs tell us a city can have multiple Shrines and get multple FPs per day?

Next lets assume the devs intentionally have it so only 1 Shrine can be motivated to produce an FP at a time. Can the devs tell us that?

It makes a difference on how many Shrines I would buy and build.

DeletedUser

First let assume its broken during the Easter event. Can the devs tell us a city can have multiple Shrines and get multple FPs per day?

From the information I have at present, it is a bug that is being looked into and some people do have more than one shrine working properly in their cities. If any other players have got more than one shrine and can collect FP correctly, it would help to know. :)