• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB balancing changes - discussion thread

DeletedUser96695

GvG is still a pay-to-win feature if you include revival/healing of units and payment of goods with diamonds.

That's the whole point! We have to consider both sides of the coin, not just PvP

and watchfires are only useful in PvP, so half your value again: 1% is less than 3%

As i say in my last message
watchfire only affect amount of sector that a guild can holds
GvG sector defending do not count any watchfire in a GvG sector, in fact, there is no watchfire inside a GvG sector
GvG sector is either 75% defend bonsu, 50% defend bonus ( 99.99% sector with this value), 0 to 50% defend bonus (only apply to the last sector)
[ if there is different due to watchfire, please let me know,i do want to know "how" ]

As a result,
GvG is GVG
non-GvG is non-GvG
there are completely separation

and GvG is a beta
game developer can do any adjustment in beta to test
e.g in GvG, our attack bonus from GB can be lower...etc

Please do not use GvG as a excuse, to make a major amendment in non-GvG area

they can be completely separated...that is the beauty of "beta"

it is not a two side of a coin, it is completely different 2 coins
please do not mix and confuse us

DeletedUser97098

Quick and simple question:

What secondary bonuses will Aachen, Castel, Basil and Deal have after the rebalancing changes?

Please do not reply with 'best guess' answers that just lead to more speculation.

Will we see a 40% increase in coins for Aachen/Basil, medals for Deal and FP for Castel?

If this information is not currently available, please provide a date when it will be available

Thanks

Valde

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Please can I just add not to talk about what was or is happening on the beta server, there is a beta forum for those discussions, thanks every one. Also bear in mind anything that is happening there wont necessarily be the same when released to here anyway, kim.

I agree. We're getting away from the central point of all this - the potential for this announced change to completely unbalance PvP.

DeletedUser

I wish, instead of fixing things that aren't broken, they would fix things that are.
How about a simple fix to the AI to stop it attacking rogues until all other units are killed? How difficult can that be?

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I wish, instead of fixing things that aren't broken, they would fix things that are.
How about a simple fix to the AI to stop it attacking rogues until all other units are killed? How difficult can that be?

If they do that rogues will become completely useless ...the only advantage of having a rogue is that one first hit from the opponent that changes them into another unit instead of damaging any of the main units... and if that advantage itself is nerfed then I would like to know what's the use of rogues??As such with these new changes it will be difficult to defeat the defending army and if they do this one final nerfing with the rogues I think it will be better they close down the whole PVP aspect of this game and make this into a complete farming game ... I know this because the rogues were unusable while fighting the ME sector maps as thats what was done in those areas ...

DeletedUser6065

@dd: I would like to take the exact opposite, if I may. Rogues will become way to powerful. If the rogues are killed last, then you have these little attacking hummers running all over the field with a 100 kill power until all their buddies die. No need to use multiple rogues in attack, one would be fine in this instance, if all his pals have decent defense capabilities. It is a defensive balance that rogues will 'die' first in battle to lessen the attack factor (and AI needs all the help it can give itself). Also, overall game balance, since a killed rogue (morphed or not) will be lost to the attacker for some given period of time,like forever, if unattached. . . . mk (Helping the Spiral Toward Off-Topic).

Last edited by a moderator:

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Did you use Rogues for ME map sectors for their high attack stats?? I did not because i found them useless ... yes they have the highest attack but then half my units are damaged / dead by the time they can finish the opponent .... The main advantage of rogues as far as i see it is their ability to take the first hit and morph themselves into another unit without getting any damage ... thats beneficial for the attacker because its one hit less on his units ... I m not sure how many will use rogues for their high attack stats ... I surely would not ...

DeletedUser7719

lol, when you fight, do you first go for the rogues? I try to avoid them until I have one (damaged) unit, then I hit and kill the rogues one by one. When you're in the ME, it's like a 80% chance that you can hit the enemy while avoiding the rogue. IF the AI does this then yes, rogues will beomce useless

Sorry a little bit off-topic, but thought it was necessary.

DeletedUser

lol, when you fight, do you first go for the rogues? I try to avoid them until I have one (damaged) unit, then I hit and kill the rogues one by one. When you're in the ME, it's like a 80% chance that you can hit the enemy while avoiding the rogue. IF the AI does this then yes, rogues will beomce useless

Sorry a little bit off-topic, but thought it was necessary.

I certainly don't think they are useless, but this strategy doesn't work so well when there are only 2 or 3 of them (and it will become harder with nerfed attack).

I think GBs were way OP and it really didn't matter much what a unit's weakness was if you had a high enough boost. It really took almost all strategy out.

That being said, I don't see why it was necessary to make it affect PvP (at least not to this extent) b/c of how much of a chore it is already. Making hood runs longer is going to kill the desire for the few who still do it (specifically, the few in higher ages that use the 1.5 map). Plundering wasn't a real issue and it has become less and less possible with larger buildings anyways. I don't even PvP any more, but I can definitely see why it would kill a lot of the game for them.

Given the fact that many will be using units for GvG, PvP was already going to face a decline. Why add more to it? Is it really in the hopes that PvP disappears? Wouldn't making defense GB 5% ATT and 5% DEF for PvP be enough to address the OPness without going overboard?

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I certainly don't think they are useless, but this strategy doesn't work so well when there are only 2 or 3 of them (and it will become harder with nerfed attack).

I think GBs were way OP and it really didn't matter much what a unit's weakness was if you had a high enough boost. It really took almost all strategy out.

That being said, I don't see why it was necessary to make it affect PvP (at least not to this extent) b/c of how much of a chore it is already. Making hood runs longer is going to kill the desire for the few who still do it (specifically, the few in higher ages that use the 1.5 map). Plundering wasn't a real issue and it has become less and less possible with larger buildings anyways. I don't even PvP any more, but I can definitely see why it would kill a lot of the game for them.

Given the fact that many will be using units for GvG, PvP was already going to face a decline. Why add more to it? Is it really in the hopes that PvP disappears? Wouldn't making defense GB 5% ATT and 5% DEF for PvP be enough to address the OPness without going overboard?

The most simplest thing they could have done is not link PVP with GvG at all .... they could have made this same changes only for GvG and i dont think players would have cried foul ... as many players dont even know how GvG is going to be and some of them are not bothered about it at all... If they thought the attackers were OP then as you and many other said they could have only given a little % of attack boost to the defensive GBs... dont think players would have felt anything wrong with it ....

DeletedUser13805

if i had rouge units ( and i dont ) i could do my hood in about an hour, just 7 rouges and 1 tank would let me auto battle instead of manual battle, i would have a huge stock pile of rouges like i do with tanks so every fight would just call for a simple change of damaged i could also put in high scores for every tower age going simply by the 7 rouges and 1 weak unit fighting a much stronger army that really it shouldn't beat, so for me the rouges are way to powerful and let players win battles they really shouldn't win. if we want to have a much fairer pvp system then the rouge is one unit that really does need something doing to it and with the new system coming out the rouge will be even more powerful
its the one mistake i made in the game was not getting rouges but they were much weaker and the target system i belive did target them last so players couldnt do the 7 - 1 trick

DeletedUser7719

I thought we weren't going to take part in GvG when it came to these servers :rolleyes:

Let's put it this way. If we didn't take part in GvG and only did hood battles, it would be more beneficial than GvG if the boost were still the same and if we plundered for our reward. In order to make people come to GvG they either need to raise the rewards, or lower the other feature that we use our GB boosts and units for. The problem with raising the rewards too much is that this would be too beneficial to people at the end of the tech tree since they have no other use of their units/goods/medals/etc.

It's not easy to find a balance (and I am pretty sure that the change is not the perfect answer/balance either)

DeletedUser7223

if i had rouge units ( and i dont ) i could do my hood in about an hour, just 7 rouges and 1 tank would let me auto battle instead of manual battle, i would have a huge stock pile of rouges like i do with tanks so every fight would just call for a simple change of damaged i could also put in high scores for every tower age going simply by the 7 rouges and 1 weak unit fighting a much stronger army that really it shouldn't beat, so for me the rouges are way to powerful and let players win battles they really shouldn't win. if we want to have a much fairer pvp system then the rouge is one unit that really does need something doing to it and with the new system coming out the rouge will be even more powerful
its the one mistake i made in the game was not getting rouges but they were much weaker and the target system i belive did target them last so players couldnt do the 7 - 1 trick

I'm just laughing here .
Where does it end with ya desy , first you ask for all GBs (castles you call them) to be abolished from the time you realized that everyone else had loads of them .
Now your asking for Rogues to get whacked out of it because you dont have any . lol , as usual just to suit the desy fella .

DeletedUser13805

I'm just laughing here .
Where does it end with ya desy , first you ask for all GBs (castles you call them) to be abolished from the time you realized that everyone else had loads of them .
Now your asking for Rogues to get whacked out of it because you dont have any . lol , as usual just to suit the desy fella .

no it doesn't suit me at all i am just plugging away battling everyday and getting great results : ) without rouges and sadly without many auto battles as you know i guess it does do me in a little bit when i see other players getting a much easyer time of it but hell thats all you can do really isnt it you couldnt handle a full hood of 80 battles a day using real troops : )

DeletedUser

I thought we weren't going to take part in GvG when it came to these servers :rolleyes:

Let's put it this way. If we didn't take part in GvG and only did hood battles, it would be more beneficial than GvG if the boost were still the same and if we plundered for our reward. In order to make people come to GvG they either need to raise the rewards, or lower the other feature that we use our GB boosts and units for. The problem with raising the rewards too much is that this would be too beneficial to people at the end of the tech tree since they have no other use of their units/goods/medals/etc.

It's not easy to find a balance (and I am pretty sure that the change is not the perfect answer/balance either)

Looks like they have gone opposite direction... Our guild's presige level dropped 3 levels (9 to 6), so rewards are even tougher to get in GvG I guess

DeletedUser7223

no it doesn't suit me at all i am just plugging away battling everyday and getting great results

& fair balls to ya desy your score shows this . If i had the time i would manually do my hood too , but i dont so i choose other ways to build my rank points . Just because a person chooses to gain their rank points to a different way than yours with less hassle , doesn't mean that "it's not fair" !!!!!!! just means they are way ahead of you in putting 2 & 2 together don't you think ?

DeletedUser13082

no it doesn't suit me at all i am just plugging away battling everyday and getting great results : ) without rouges and sadly without many auto battles as you know i guess it does do me in a little bit when i see other players getting a much easyer time of it but hell thats all you can do really isnt it you couldnt handle a full hood of 80 battles a day using real troops : )

I can happily admit that I wouldn't be able to cope with 80 battles a day using manual battle only and without rogues. I think many other people can too. It's called having a family, job and social life. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Manually battling is boring and tedious. There is no challenge at all. There's not a single defence that is difficult to defeat unless you have unless you don't have attack boosting GB's. PvP is in no way difficult, rogues or no rogues.

DeletedUser13805

& fair balls to ya desy your score shows this . If i had the time i would manually do my hood too , but i dont so i choose other ways to build my rank points . Just because a person chooses to gain their rank points to a different way than yours with less hassle , doesn't mean that "it's not fair" !!!!!!! just means they are way ahead of you in putting 2 & 2 together don't you think ?

yes of course there smarter than me hence there above me in the rankings so thats all the proof anyone would need, and i take my hat off to you for being much smarter and higher than me in the rankings your a god of a player pba and how you work them rouges is a top notch job. i dont think i could ever do what you do mate and i dont think i will ever get higher than you in the ranking as i am not smart like you say : )

DeletedUser3157

Desy, it makes almost no difference to me if I autocombat with 1 tank 7 rogues army or 8 tanks army. Both have their slight pros and cons, but it's pretty much the same. Now the reason people prefer the first option if they can, is because rogue hideout takes like 10x less space and infinite number of less population than tank factory, unit itself is pretty much a copy of any other normal unit, quite literally.

DeletedUser13805

Desy, it makes almost no difference to me if I autocombat with 1 tank 7 rogues army or 8 tanks army. Both have their slight pros and cons, but it's pretty much the same. Now the reason people really use the first option, is because rogue hideout takes like 10x less space and infinite number of less population than tank factory.

i fought a battle today useing 8 btanks v 8 btanks and i auto battled for a change as i normaly win this fight in manual without a loss and guess what happend when i auto battled ? i lost a btank : (
so there is a huge difference in auto compared to manual not only the time it takes but you have to use the map to your own advantage and run away with injured troops to make sure they dont get killed so there is a lot goes on with a manual fight compared to the auto
try it and see and watch how many points a day you save : ) but like pba says i am non to smart at this game lol