• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter event 2013 - discussion

DeletedUser8813

Yeah, the 3rd quest's English is SHOCKING. I know it's a German company, but I bet they have some English speaking people working for them. It should say, build EITHER 10 trees OR 3 Urban Trees OR.....

it was perfectly clear to me ....quick simple instructions..

DeletedUser76094

it was perfectly clear to me ....quick simple instructions..

While I criticize the devs quite a bit about bugs, etc, let's cut them some slack and allow them to focus on priority issues rather than just some English oversight. I also found the instructions quite simple and easily understood without having to look for any English errors.

There are WAY more important things pending resolution/their attention than cosmetic UI errors.

DeletedUser

Todays Quest to build trees costs more Diamonds (180) than buying 25 Stars. Not well thought out!!!!! I'll give it a mis.

DeletedUser4195

Todays Quest to build trees costs more Diamonds (180) than buying 25 Stars. Not well thought out!!!!! I'll give it a mis.

No need for diamonds. Just build ten of the very basic tree and you're there.

DeletedUser12086

The wording for today's quest is somewhat unclear, you can build any of those items, you are not required to build premium items. I hope this helps.

Regarding the style of this event:
The last event we ran was the Halloween event, which contained no luck based elements as it was quest-based. Then we had the summer event, with a luck-based wheel (though players could choose the time to play based on the odds, so it was not entirely random). The easter event last year had a store, and other events in 2013 were quest based.

So, to sum up, we do have a variety of events which are run throughout the year, and we think variety is good. If one event is not as much to your liking, there will always be another event soon which might be better suited to your tastes. I would like to ask for your understanding in this event that we cannot cater for every player all of the time - some will like this one better, others might prefer events such as the Halloween riddles. What we can do though is promise you a good variety of events to come in 2014, too. So there should be something for everyone :)

DeletedUser98338

What about the EMPTY squares that come after the collection of the 10 Stars, in day 3?
This means that we can also win NOTHING?
I have 2 (TWO) empty squares, as you can see in the spoiler.
Screen Shot 2013-12-03 at 00.50.44.png

DeletedUser7990

Ah, thank you, that was not clear to me.

Yeah, and for those two who said it was so clear, he's your evidence that it isn't clear. Took me a while to figure it out and I'm an ENGLISH TEACHER......

Seriously, it doesn't say what you think it says.

DeletedUser2973

well i got a 14 star boost so have 50 stars saved up nothing i really want yet is there any defence buildings in this quest

DeletedUser

sorry but this might have been asked before but do the prizes remain the same or do they get better as the days go on forexample if u wait until the 2nd january will the prizes be better than they are now????

DeletedUser

All the prizes change daily, and there is a different special each day also, kim :-)

DeletedUser

today I had the 2x prize as the first box I opened.
the second box was show 2 prizes... so I presumed it'd show 4 (because of it being doubled) but it didn't, it still only showed 2.
Most disappointing.

DeletedUser

but I bet they have some English speaking people working for them. It should say, build EITHER 10 trees OR 3 Urban Trees OR.....

Funny thing is it DID say that. And then our ENGLISH PROOFREADERS, from a professional company, screwed that up by changing it as a "correction". And yes, they have been reprimanded for that.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

today I had the 2x prize as the first box I opened.
the second box was show 2 prizes... so I presumed it'd show 4 (because of it being doubled) but it didn't, it still only showed 2.
Most disappointing.

I think you should atleast get your stars back from that one now as the first click didnt do its job

DeletedUser

sorry but this might have been asked before but do the prizes remain the same or do they get better as the days go on forexample if u wait until the 2nd january will the prizes be better than they are now????
Lol, I am waiting for tomorrows - buying todays 250 diamonds for 2000!! That'll be a bargain! Not ...

DeletedUser6872

the event sucks, the chance of actually getting something is so small, compared to the earlier events... Shame, had really good hopes for it...

DeletedUser

@doom. I hope it doesn't come accross to bossy but we're only at day 3 of an event that will last all month. I am hopeful you will actually get what you hope for soon.

I have a question though (I know I can be a dumbhead sometimes) about how many stars we actually get.
So in the evening around 11pm we get a new quest popping up... you complete the quest and get 12 stars as a reward.
Then you open Frosty's page again and there's a "start" button that gives +10 is that correct? The hovering text says "press start to collect 10 stars, shuffle and hide the presents"

My question is : if i click on start, it will use that extra 10 stars , right ? But it will not use the 12 that I have earned from the quest is that correct ?
The 10 from the start button are stars to be used instantly basically ? They cannot be saved ? But equally they are not part of our "stock" of stars earned from quests, am i right ?

Just wondering basically if by pressing the "start" button I'd be using the "free" 10 stars or those earned from the Quest.
If someone can help (sorry i'd a dumb question but i haven't saved stars so far and I'd like to save today's stars, but if I understand well I cannot save the free 10 stars, they are to be used only when shuffling... so basically either you play your free stars or if you don't you lose them, correct? << In which case you might as well spend them, if they're gonna be lost for the day ??)

DeletedUser98338

All the prizes change daily, and there is a different special each day also, kim :-)

Hi, can you please look into my post about the BLANK squares for day 3?
I also included a picture (in the spoiler) so that you can look at it.
Thank you.

DeletedUser9168

@nutmadder
From what I have seen so far, Pressing start gets you 10 extra stars for that day and shuffles the presents along with wrapping them so you can no longer see what is there. You don't then spend any of your stars until you decide to pick a present and open it. If you just shuffle and close the screen you keep all the stars - quest, extra 10 and any carried over from previous day.

DeletedUser7719

And it resets every day as well, so technically you are guaranteed an extra 10 stars every day :)
@Alfa: I think it's just a missing graphic there. That means you either need to clear your cache or flash player memory, or it is a graphic bug that the devs have missed