• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

You need to balance your rank points system ala the Wheelwright non-sense

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Lol how did you get to this conclusion? All I'm saying is that the points formula needs some reworking and adjustments due to unforseen dynamic shift that came with new supply GB and big diamond supply building. You can collect 3M supplies ala get 10k rank points with a single click per day with 40 WWs(24h run motivated and both GBs). Now compare that effort with the work and man hours you put in to get those points from PvP. That's equal to getting 500k PvP points to get 10k rank pts. And that's why pawelp said in post #2 he doesn't even bother to PvP any more.

Hint is spot on... simply revert the formula for collection...
Its ridiculous , that so many rank points can be racked with so little effort.
Having put a great deal of effort into rising to #9 on EN ... ( with limited diamond /premium )...
It is somewhat disheartening to see any hope of rising into top 5 disappearing into the sunset .
I see certain players racking reams of points with 50 WW , one particular player having gone from 100k behind me to 300k ahead in 3-4 weeks... even though i am a compulsive PVP player ,( all neighbours defeated daily)...so its obv. not through lack of effort on my part.
Like Hint says ... i cannot believe , that this scenario was intended to arise , and I personally think it is damaging the game.

DeletedUser3157

With upcoming major AI improvements, this issue will become even more out of proprtion than it already is.

DeletedUser

One significant problem with re-working the formula for collection is how that effects lower age players. Changing the formula to to something like 1 point per 1500 resources collected to counter one specific tactic (WW's with RAH and Lighthouse) suddenly makes it virtually impossible for non-combat players in Bronze and Iron age to get more than maybe a 1-2 points a day, and points from collections will be almost a non-issue until well into the colonial age. Having another % boosting GB (Royal Alberts) probably should have been thought out a bit more, or the percentages given from GB's in general reduced from the onset. Imagine the points gained from Coins production once another % boosting Great Building appears that stacks with St. Marks!

If anything, don't allow the bonuses for production with RAH and LoA to stack. That would require lots more activity to realize the benefit of having both of them. However, I don't think this is a very good solution though, since all the bonuses in the game stack (happiness, combat, etc.).

DeletedUser

With the new AI improvements this has now become even more skewed! I am struggling to keep pace as my PvP ability has been limited by taking a lot more damage from the massively improved AI. I'm not complaining about the new AI - I think it's great as battles are now more fun and challenging. The number of points for winning Victory points needs a serious buff though as the WW collecting crew are starting to pull ahead of me now and the players who PvP and WW collect are really creating a gap.

Please do something about it.

DeletedUser7719

There's good news for that:
reworking the points system is one of my bigger priorities right now - so don't despair. As long time users can tell you, it may take some time for things to get adjusted, but that doesn't mean we aren't working on them.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser4906

And it will be the same as last time.......Diamond Player's will reap THE benefits & stroll off up the ranking's.

DeletedUser

And it will be the same as last time.......Diamond Player's will reap THE benefits & stroll off up the ranking's.

Straight on. Here's what I'm gonna do: Every diamond spent in game will directly give you 10,000,000 ranking points. That oughta balance things out, I think.

- Anwar

DeletedUser9701

FOE is essentially a pay to win game, so I wouldn't be so sure that the developers would find the prospect of people who spend diamonds on the game having an easier time getting rank points to be problematic. Although they might have some ideas as to how big the gap should be, and it might currently be too wide.

DeletedUser4906

Straight on. Here's what I'm gonna do: Every diamond spent in game will directly give you 10,000,000 ranking points. That oughta balance things out, I think.

- Anwar

Why thank you kindly Anwar!

I have 125 very hard-earned sparklers in stock so please make good & deposit 1,250m in my account.:cool:

FOE is essentially a pay to win game, so I wouldn't be so sure that the developers would find the prospect of people who spend diamonds on the game having an easier time getting rank points to be problematic. Although they might have some ideas as to how big the gap should be, and it might currently be too wide.

It's wider than wide...It's pants!;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7128

Hi

I am a Diamond Player and yes I am no 1 in my world.
I have 21 WW and both RAH and Lighthouse.
I have also been playing 8 months.
I P/M 79 Guild members and 123 Friends average of 5 time a week.
I do all my PVP each day. on a Neighborhood with 50 members of which 20 only have 2 spear.
So when it comes to effort I put in as much effort into this game as any of you going on about Diamond Players.
I do think having 50 WW is silly as you will spoil your own game. But to each his own.
Diamonds GB`s and Premium content is not exclusive anybody can get them. We live in a real world where servers, buildings and staff cost money, please feel free to Compare FOE to any other online game that does not offer Premium content. Or maybe some people like to play Mine sweeper, or the constant bombardment of Ads.

DeletedUser

Diamonds GB`s and Premium content is not exclusive anybody can get them. We live in a real world where servers, buildings and staff cost money, please feel free to Compare FOE to any other online game that does not offer Premium content. Or maybe some people like to play Mine sweeper, or the constant bombardment of Ads.

*bing*

Rassie is correct. Forge of Empires (in fact, any Innogames game) is well managed and moderated, unlike almost every other game out there. Here, you get a playing field where cheaters are caught, penalized, and even removed from the game altogether. Here the designers (yay Anwar) work very closely with the developers, the community managers, and the community itself to ensure we have not only a less amenable environment for cheaters, but a far more balanced game than you can find just about anywhere in any other browser game.

Here you find the ability to rank very high without purchasing a single diamond. Here you can purchase diamonds to your hearts galore, but managing your empire will still be a major undertaking and "teh win" won't happen on mere diamond droppings, it will require active play. Here, those who pay, and those who don't, own GBs and sit up at the highest rankings in various neighborhoods and worlds. Here, playing for free is a gift, a gift from Innogames.

Enjoy the game

DeletedUser1983

*bing*

Rassie is correct. Forge of Empires (in fact, any Innogames game) is well managed and moderated, unlike almost every other game out there. Here, you get a playing field where cheaters are caught, penalized, and even removed from the game altogether. Here the designers (yay Anwar) work very closely with the developers, the community managers, and the community itself to ensure we have not only a less amenable environment for cheaters, but a far more balanced game than you can find just about anywhere in any other browser game.

Here you find the ability to rank very high without purchasing a single diamond. Here you can purchase diamonds to your hearts galore, but managing your empire will still be a major undertaking and "teh win" won't happen on mere diamond droppings, it will require active play. Here, those who pay, and those who don't, own GBs and sit up at the highest rankings in various neighborhoods and worlds. Here, playing for free is a gift, a gift from Innogames.

Enjoy the game

I agree. While I'm not a full-fledged diamond buyer, I think most of us are using a balanced approach to spending diamonds and fighting a fair bit. One of the top 2 players in Avarhall has an extremely poor battle count. You may ask why. Because this player has been collecting resources to get ranking points, not for the last 1-2 months but for as long as I have played on Avarhall. Another top 2 player on this server does both, and as far as I am concerned I don't see a problem in that.
I was ranked 10th in Brisgard before I started buying diamonds and went full-on aggressive on my playing style. Now, I am a rank 2 player on Brisgard, I fight 400+ battles every week, and have 18 WWs and 3 Urban Residences. I P/M everyone in my guild/friendship about 3-4 times a week, and have optimized my collection times to make sure that I am getting just as many supplies/points as the player with 60 WWs would. In fact, I make more points from collections because of the coins bonus as well, which these WW players don't. Similarly, I am a rank 14 player in Avarhall, and with an a lot less developed neighborhood, I make about 1.3 million battle points a week, in addition to regular P/M and optimized collection times with 16 WWs.
In a nutshell, it all depends on your personal style. If you can afford to spend diamonds, you are allowed to do that. If you don't like spending on diamonds, you can still get to the top 10 with a lot of activity and effort. This game is balanced in most aspects and I'd hate for the ranking points formulae to change to fit the demands of the semi-active players who don't realize that it's their semi-active playing style that keeps them from taking top 10 ranks rather than diamonds. If all of us played at the same speed and with same amount of effort, I can assure you all that the gaps won't be too wide between top 10 players and players ranking 50 and below.

DeletedUser3157

I have 18 WWs and 3 Urban Residences and have optimized my collection times to make sure that I am getting just as many supplies/points as the player with 60 WWs would. In fact, I make more points from collections because of the coins bonus as well, which these WW players don't.

There are no optimized collect patterns with 18 WWs that would come even close to what 60 gives you assuming you have some slight idea on how to utilize ur 60 wheels properly for maximum profit.

DeletedUser3157

Thank god progressive era solved this issue at least.
image.jpg

You didn't even change the shape of the god damn building so hardcorde diamond folk don't even need to redesign their roads...

DeletedUser7719

R.F.O.L!!!! There's someone who wants to reach #1 in the entire servers without another battle :p
At least the new hoods may help in earning more points PvP-wise?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

There are couple of such players on almost all of the worlds already. First ones had their deli houses up within hours in PE release. I just took that screenshot after looking through about a dozen contenders, choosing a one who packed his/her deli houses nicest and neatest next to each-other :P

PS: I don't think whoever was the one who designed deli houses fully realized just how ugly they look when all packed together, compared to that mess, wheels look like beautiful.

Amy Steele

General
R.F.O.L!!!! There's someone who wants to reach #1 in the entire servers without 1 single battle :p
At least the new hoods may help in earning more points PvP-wise?

Actually I think I know whose city that is and if I am right they have several thousand battles under their belt. But I'm with you jampots - it does look sooo like a quilt lol

Last edited:

DeletedUser3157

Its BACCUS city from Houndsmoor also pretty soon will be the best player of forge i think :o

In regards to becoming best player of forge, it would be difficult overcoming legends like Geewizz, Albernth and PawelP, esp with simple diamond farming in these riddiculous times without any proper rankings balance. And btw it is actually in 4 different worlds right now where #1 ranked player is full out deli shops, not just ur mate :P