• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

You need to balance your rank points system ala the Wheelwright non-sense

DeletedUser3157

Right now u can grow about 20k points per day in the very high end. About 3/4 of those points you can make by collecting supplies/coins with very minimal effort(once per day) and about 1/4 if you attack all your neighbors every day(assuming 250k PvP pts per day, about the average for most established hoods I'd think). I feel that it is very disproportionate and plain right ridiculous, especially after the InA additions where diamond players can collect nearly 3x more total coins+supplies per day as opposed to non premium towns.

I played this game for 9 months now and first 7 of them, PvP points made up I would think about 80% of my score and most of the people around me. So it seemed to me like it was intentional. It was to make sure that although U can buy a lot of advatages with diamonds, at the end of the day rank still meant u had to work for it and it was not something u could directly buy. But for a while now, no more. For example right now I grow about 10k points per day and about 40% of those are points from PvP(I challenge any non-diamond town to do noticebly better with collects, I have 9% roads+decos+empty, supply collect max oriented, minimal needed military buildings with all my 8 GBs lvl10 and I get all my buildings motivated every collect). Yet there are people who double my growth with no better hoods nor towns, making up gaps I built on them with months in matter of days with the WW strat.

Having witnessed the way this game has been progressing for a while now, I do not think this outcome was intentional. I think devs just missed what could happen once you add another supply bonus GB and a huge diamond supply building with current formula. Would not suprise me, since it took weeks for first diamond players to make out that math as well in en worlds, and most to this day still haven't. But after nearly 2 months now, it should be obviously clear now on most worlds and you need to do something if you wish to keep any competative meaning to your rankings system. Unless ofc cashing in from few in order to drive away thousands was intended, in which case I will apologize for being mistaken as my final words.

DeletedUser9614

I started to ignore PvP lately cuz the wheels are rigged to maximum.
I can get 1/4 of points for 1-hour fighting that somebody for 1-second clicking.
If you are just running 40-60 wheels, you have guaranteed place in top5 (no need for PvP).
This game became in a way that the more wheel you run, the higher is your ranking.
The more wheels you buy, the higher your go. Dumb.
No way to compete in this system and it is quite pointless, which is simply dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9070

Totally agree, what made this game stands out from the other ones were the fact that the competition side of it was fairly fair and equal amongst diamond and non-diamond players since premium buildings used to impact so little in previous ages because their output weren't big enough to make a dent and more importantly because the bigger production supplies were better to have as their motivated output would make up for the difference.

What worked up to Colonial Age was that you had better premium supplies in term of supply/square (Perfume Distillery) but you also had the choice to use a non-premium supply building (Tobacco Plantation) with the right strategy to have it motivated as priority to houses would yield a great output that the differences in points for collecting either of these buildings would be so small that what really mattered between 2 equal active player in a similar neighbourhood would of been how good they were at PvP.

Coming to Industrial Age, things have changed due to Wheelwright being a big supply building with a huge output (nearly twice as much as Ceramic Factory - supply/square), added to this was the addition of Royal Albert Hall which boosts this even further, greater output with added % = much greater gain from such GB.

To summarize, in both Colonial Age and Industrial Age we've had a similar supply/square ratio but back in CA the premium building was small factor so depending on your strategies you could compete with these by having motivated tobacco to close the gap, now in InA the Wheelwrights are nearly as big as the Ceramic Factories whilst keeping a similar ratio means that a premium player with motivated Wheelwrights will just fly through points with no way for non-premium players to catch up.

I suppose we should be grateful that PvP isn't yet fully affected by premium features? Whats next premium military units? A premium building that adds % more pvp points from battles? :|

For alot of players the "only" competition in this game is their personal score, its what makes them continue play the game once they reached the end of the tech tree, I can understand why they'd be frustrated by this imbalance from wheelwrights as there's nothing you can do to compete against that.

DeletedUser8813

whilst i am a diamond user and i would hate to see my wheels nerfed.(perfume distilleries =2 x 3 =6 squares =620 sup per hour .wheelwrights 3 x 4 = 12 squares = 1500 per hour)so i think they are comparable
i am in agreement with this ,to a certain degree . to the players that are doing it (40 wheels or more) it just shows poor gamesmanship.
even though i do buy diamonds i still like to do the hard yards in the point gathering,pvp ,collect every hour , with a balanced town of population ,cultural,income and resources.
now i could do the same and get to the top faster but would i still get the same feeling of achievement ,i dont think so.
I buy premium to make it a bit easier,but if i resorted to the tactics of these players i would no longer get the enjoyment from the game ,so i would stop playing.

any way thats my opinion..

DeletedUser1983

whilst i am a diamond user and i would hate to see my wheels nerfed.
i am in agreement with this ,to a certain degree . to the players that are doing it (40 wheels or more) it just shows poor gamesmanship.
even though i do buy diamonds i still like to do the hard yards in the point gathering,pvp ,collect every hour , with a balanced town of population ,cultural,income and resourses.
now i could do the same and get to the top faster but would i still get the same feeling of achievement ,i dont think so.
I buy premium to make it a bit easier,but if i resorted to the tactics of these players i would no longer get the enjoyment from the game ,so i would stop playing.

any way thats my opinion..i just think maybe a limit of how many of one building could be employed ,

I agree, I have bought a few WWs but not so many that I become a farmer rather than a fighter. There are some people i have seen who are loaded with WWs and worker houses. There are some others who are doing both and are definitely poised to take the rank 1. But, let's not forget, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.. people buying diamonds are spending money, and nobody is stopping you from spending money either.. It's just that some people can afford it better than some others. It's the same thing you would find in any online game, not just the ones promoted by Innogames and devs or mods can't be blamed for making money while selling fun to us.

DeletedUser3157

But, let's not forget, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.. people buying diamonds are spending money, and nobody is stopping you from spending money either.. It's just that some people can afford it better than some others. It's the same thing you would find in any online game, not just the ones promoted by Innogames and devs or mods can't be blamed for making money while selling fun to us.

It's about the formula being riddiculous and it being possible to take complete advatage of it in a matter I think was not intended, not diamonds. And this is doing a ton of damage, most of best players I know who play for rank are demoralized to state of total indifference and contemplating quitting, cause well - this just simply dumb. And speaking about your 1% within the 1% here - people who run your top guilds and keep your worlds lively.

DeletedUser7719

Out of curiousity, what would you want it nerfed to if you had your opinion? Btw, how is this any different from a tailor or a windmill (there is even a greater ratio between the supply per space and pop per space with those two)? It's because there's a new age ahead of it, so until FoE can put the Progressive Era out, this will end up being a quite unfair advantage. Note, this means if there would be a nerf, I would only want it until the next age or two comes out.

DeletedUser3157

Out of curiousity, what would you want it nerfed to if you had your opinion? Btw, how is this any different from a tailor or a windmill (there is even a greater ratio between the supply per space and pop per space with those two)? It's because there's a new age ahead of it, so until FoE can put the Progressive Era out, this will end up being a quite unfair advantage. Note, this means if there would be a nerf, I would only want it until the next age or two comes out.

What I would do to improve the game? Nerf collect points at least about 5x. Also bring out guild wars to increase PvP role. And ensure more stable hood merges system to downplay the importance of that wild factor in the mix.

Why is it so big in InA and not in first couple of ages? 2nd supply GB more than doubles the supply output and that comes with InA. HMA player with RAH, lighthouse and 25 windmills would be also rather well off compared to its opponents... Also in later ages u can allow so much higher percentage of lands dedicated to these buildings, hence increasing the role in total output.

DeletedUser14587

well i have to agree Wheelwright plus the lighthouse and royal Albert hall is just a midnight express to the top ranks still fighting in pvp tower wont give u any chance to catch up with that or building normal buildings from same age wont give u any chance i think its a previlage been given for those who buy building with diamonds :)

DeletedUser

They wouldn't have to nerf the wheelright necessarily, maybe just increase the output on ceramics factories?

DeletedUser3157

They wouldn't have to nerf the wheelright necessarily, maybe just increase the output on ceramics factories?

I can built 25 ceramic factories max. I would have no problem fitting in 50 wheelwrights in any diamond town. Could prolly do even 60 without too much sweat. Plus WW gives more than 50% extra output per untit compared to the bigger ceramic factory.

DeletedUser7719

(lol, this brings memories of the gamebrel roof houses are way overpowered thread)
To a certain extent, I'm with you in where if you try to devote your city in filling it with WW (plus both supply-boosting GBs), you can make a fortune in points with this cheap move, but if you are a player who doesn't buy diamonds without a supply boosting GB and get a WW, having it nerfed would make it feel useless.

DeletedUser3157

I'm not speaking about WW needing to be nerfed, but the points formula role..WW being 10% stronger or weaker or ceramic factoriy being 10% stronger or weaker matters very little to me when I can build 2x more WWs than CF is the point of my above post...
Just lower collect points mod from 1/300 into 1/1500 or smth and player who grows 15k from collects+5k from PvP per day would be dropped to 3k from collects 5k from pvp and game would again have some balance between collects and PvP.

DeletedUser7719

So you're asking for a limit, in general, on how much you can earn from collecting coins and supplies?

DeletedUser

As I am not in IndA I am trying to wrap my head around the premise here.

Does it hold true that the players in earlier ages get a larger percentage of their points from combat and a small percentage of their points from collecting coins/supplies? And then players in later ages get a larger percentage of their points from collecting coins and supplies and a lesser percentage of their total score from combat?

If that is how it works then I applaud the developers. I think the rank point system is well balanced if such is the case. But that is only my own opinion and I state it to counter the argument that the point system needs re-balancing.

Edit: To clarify. Part of the reason I think it is well balanced is that people like pawelp will not even bother to PVP anymore (see Hint's reference 3 posts down). He likely wins every battle and tower he participates in so now he is less active in that area the others lower in his neighborhood now have a chance to get some points and medals. pawelp can earn his points with collections. I still see it as a win win.

DeletedUser8813

As I am not in IndA I am trying to wrap my head around the premise here.

Does it hold true that the players in earlier ages get a larger percentage of their points from combat and a small percentage of their points from collecting coins/supplies? And then players in later ages get a larger percentage of their points from collecting coins and supplies and a lesser percentage of their total score from combat?

If that is how it works then I applaud the developers. I think the rank point system is well balanced if such is the case. But that is only my own opinion and I state it to counter the argument that the point system needs re-balancing.

[size=+2]that pretty much sums it up right there.[/size]
what is happening is not against the rules ,its not even cheating,would i do it [size=+2]NO[/size] as i like to play my game.not just be a collection agent.
i do feel for the free players,yes they fought hard to get the points they have..and they can take pride in that.

solution ..buy some diamonds and neutralize the problem

DeletedUser7719

And then players in later ages get a larger percentage of their points from collecting coins and supplies and a lesser percentage of their total score from combat... I think the rank point system is well balanced if such is the case. But that is only my own opinion and I state it to counter the argument that the point system needs re-balancing.
I disagree. If you spend more time in the game (via PvP), you should be able to have the advantage, but in this case, you can replace all your military buildings with WW to get a greater advantage
not just be a collection agent
You don't have to be a collection agent; with both supply-boosting GBs, you could just build enough WWs to the extent where having three, 8-hour productions will be (almost) the most efficient and cheapest way of earning supplies/points

DeletedUser3157

So you're asking for a limit, in general, on how much you can earn from collecting coins and supplies?

Lol how did you get to this conclusion? All I'm saying is that the points formula needs some reworking and adjustments due to unforseen dynamic shift that came with new supply GB and big diamond supply building. You can collect 3M supplies ala get 10k rank points with a single click per day with 40 WWs(24h run motivated and both GBs). Now compare that effort with the work and man hours you put in to get those points from PvP. That's equal to getting 500k PvP points to get 10k rank pts. And that's why pawelp said in post #2 he doesn't even bother to PvP any more.

DeletedUser8813

byeordie taking bits of a post to use is just changing the context of my post,

i run 18 ww's with 1x 8 hour cycle and then the rest on an hourly cycle.
if i was to join the few that have gone overboard the best cycle is a one day cycle so they all get motivated ,that is in my book just being a collection agent.
as the rest of the post says i would not be just a collection agent

DeletedUser2029

I disagree that the points system should be reworked, rebalanced or whatever. The basic logic behind it works just fine.
This does not mean that you don't have a point. My solution to your problem would be to have more detailed ranking system. For me, the point of ranking is not to boost my own ego, but to scout players for my guild or friendship. That's why I think it would be more useful to have more ranking categories (points from buildings, points from collections, number of GBs,..) than to force the ranking system to represent the "realistic" rank of each player.