• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter quest suggestions please

Shad23

Emperor
for goods i prefer tribal square , in my city i do not use goods production buildings , i have a few tribal squares and rest of my curent era goods come from GE or from trades , i'm in contemporary era

Emberguard

Legend
Hypotheses:
  1. The sleigh builder produces coins, supplies, few medals, little guild power or some goods
  2. The arc undirectly produces a lot of medals
  3. Goods can be gotten easily from DT or CF
  4. Guild power can be gotten easily from GE
  5. Coins and supplies are useless
  6. A special production building is useful if at least one of its productions is useful
Thesis: The sleigh builder is useless
Demonstration:
  • Coins are useless (5)
  • Supplies are useless (5)
  • Guild power is useless (4)
  • Medals are useless (2)
  • Goods are useless (3)
=> The sleigh builder is useless (1; 6) □

I wouldn't be using it for the productions in the first 5 slots (5mins through to 8hrs) on a everyday basis personally. However for the goods (1 day) I'd love to use it for that. It's by far one of the most efficient for its size in goods production by the time you get to double lane roads

Yes you can get goods from DT/CF. But unless you're camping in low eras indefinitely the DT will only stretch so far and the CF would require the user to have enough patience with questing for that to be enough on its own.

You've also still got to put /something/ in all the space that DT/CF isn't taking up.

The other thing is you have to have some current age production buildings in your city if you wish to keep being able to do event quests even if you wanted to use blacksmiths wherever possible. So if you intend to go through the tech tree that leaves a few options:
(1) special productions that produce something more useful then just supplies for the space (preferably goods or FPs)
(2) Terrace Farms (So huge! Good thing they can produce FPs and some refined goods but really lousy amount of goods for the size in comparison)
(3) Normal/Premium production buildings. (also huge)

So having the sleigh doubles up both for goods in your normal play, and completing production quests whenever a quest comes up. Even if you have normal production buildings having a few special productions gives you some extra wiggle room for completing those quests

Another thing is CF tends to produce for current age. Whereas if you wanted to move up in the tech tree but keep selling goods from a certain age once you've exceeded that age you still need something to be producing that. Any age worth producing goods to sell won't be as efficient or small with normal goods buildings as the Sleigh is at producing goods. So either you leave some of your event buildings at that age, get something like the sleigh specifically for producing in that age so you can sell more then one age at a time, or rely solely on CF to build up your stocks before moving on and once you run out of those stocks you've run out.

Personally I wouldn't have the time, energy or motivation to be relying on the Chat Front for all my goods needs. It's just too time consuming and repetitive for my liking. Of course for some players the Chat Front is a wonderful thing to rely upon solely. And great for those players. But it's not something I'd recommend a player jump into without first deciding how big of a role they intend to assign it for their game play and understanding what that involves

DeletedUser113901

I wouldn't be using it for the productions in the first 5 slots (5mins through to 8hrs) on a everyday basis personally. However for the goods (1 day) I'd love to use it for that. It's by far one of the most efficient for its size in goods production by the time you get to double lane roads

Yes you can get goods from DT/CF. But unless you're camping in low eras indefinitely the DT will only stretch so far and the CF would require the user to have enough patience with questing for that to be enough on its own.

You've also still got to put /something/ in all the space that DT/CF isn't taking up.

The other thing is you have to have some current age production buildings in your city if you wish to keep being able to do event quests even if you wanted to use blacksmiths wherever possible. So if you intend to go through the tech tree that leaves a few options:
(1) special productions that produce something more useful then just supplies for the space (preferably goods or FPs)
(2) Terrace Farms (So huge! Good thing they can produce FPs and some refined goods but really lousy amount of goods for the size in comparison)
(3) Normal/Premium production buildings. (also huge)

So having the sleigh doubles up both for goods in your normal play, and completing production quests whenever a quest comes up. Even if you have normal production buildings having a few special productions gives you some extra wiggle room for completing those quests

Another thing is CF tends to produce for current age. Whereas if you wanted to move up in the tech tree but keep selling goods from a certain age once you've exceeded that age you still need something to be producing that. Any age worth producing goods to sell won't be as efficient or small with normal goods buildings as the Sleigh is at producing goods. So either you leave some of your event buildings at that age, get something like the sleigh specifically for producing in that age so you can sell more then one age at a time, or rely solely on CF to build up your stocks before moving on and once you run out of those stocks you've run out.

Personally I wouldn't have the time, energy or motivation to be relying on the Chat Front for all my goods needs. It's just too time consuming and repetitive for my liking. Of course for some players the Chat Front is a wonderful thing to rely upon solely. And great for those players. But it's not something I'd recommend a player jump into without first deciding how big of a role they intend to assign it for their game play and understanding what that involves
I have a policy of only taking the FPs into account when analysing a special building. Goods, atk bonuses ect. come as extra. Investing FPs in GBs allow to have more of the wanted boost/resource than building a special giving it directly over a quite short term. No FP = no use.

DeletedUser110635

some where during the winter quest I lost the Winter Spire? Will the game have another one that can be gotten? I need the base. I have many of the upgrades.

Emberguard

Legend
some where during the winter quest I lost the Winter Spire? Will the game have another one that can be gotten? I need the base. I have many of the upgrades.
What do you mean by "lost"?

If you mean delete contact support. You can restore upto 3 buildings you've deleted per year. If I remember correctly you have 14 days from time of deletion to contact for restoration of a building.

If you mean you can't find it in your inventory you can use the search function and type in "spire" or "winter"
upload_2018-12-27_15-49-1.png

DeletedUser110635

What do you mean by "lost"?

If you mean delete contact support. You can restore upto 3 buildings you've deleted per year. If I remember correctly you have 14 days from time of deletion to contact for restoration of a building.

If you mean you can't find it in your inventory you can use the search function and type in "spire" or "winter"
View attachment 17355
Thanks for the reply. I don't recall deleting it. therefore I lost it. It is not in my inventory. I don't know how long it's been as I did not put it down when I first got it. I wanted to collect the upgrades But now I can't find it. I most likely deleted it somehow. So will there be another chance to get one?

Emberguard

Legend
@Redsoxphil Chances are there won't be another chance outside of the Grand Prizes - they're positioned so that you would have the exact number of upgrades necessary for a full spire if you complete the questline before they give the next lvl 1.

Which if you're only after a single spire wouldn't be a problem to then go for the lvl 1 in the grand prizes. Depending on how far away you are from completing the spire it's plausible you may need to splash out on a few diamonds to reach the next lvl 1.

However there is a weekly competition that is currently giving out stars with no limit on the amount of winners. If you're not too fussed in regards to what prizes you win along the way of reaching the lvl 1 in the grand prizes, then winning some stars in the competition may help you

Link to comp: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...k-86-2018-12-24-more-stars-stars-stars.36744/
Hint: just post in the thread as much as you can. As long as someone else posts inbetween each of your own posts it counts as a entry.

Emberguard

Legend
Also, from the fan wiki here's a list of the order of Grand Prizes. Should give you a rough idea of how far away you are from the lvl 1:
upload_2018-12-28_0-1-40.png

DeletedUser116082

I wonder what special prize will be tomorrow? I see that quest will end in 1d 4h and current today's special in 19h... What will happen after 19h?

Emberguard

Legend
@Sheosun there's usually another Daily Special for a smaller amount of time right at the end. No guarantees as to what it'll be though. You could look at the DS's that have been so far and take a guess as to what it'll be

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
@Sheosun there's usually another Daily Special for a smaller amount of time right at the end. No guarantees as to what it'll be though. You could look at the DS's that have been so far and take a guess as to what it'll be
Be nice to receive 200-300 stars again like when you complete the first 40 quests, might find more players trying to reach 71/71 if they had a better incentive to help collect all the candles needed for Spire upgrades, etc