• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter quest suggestions please

DeletedUser116367

Current position:

Quest 54 completed.
Lvl 4 with the spire has been placed.
I have 6 more candles to light my third Christmas tree and get another spire upgrade.

I have 646 stars collected.

I am waiting for shrine of knowledge or any other fp building.

Am I doing right or wrong?
If right, what do you suggest I wait for?

Do let me know your thoughts..

DeletedUser

I’d go for the Sleigh Builder but if you still work on your SoK collection and such I’d go for those.
As for the Sled maker: 15 goods for that size is kinda epic I think.
Most certainly so in higher eras where good buildings get bigger and bigger.

Edited for correct translation of the building concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116367

I’d go for the Sled maker but if you still work on your SoK collection and such I’d go for those.
As for the Sled maker: 15 goods for that size is kinda epic I think.
Most certainly so in higher eras where good buildings get bigger and bigger.

No collection... I have only 4 SOK so far currently in LMA.. goods r pretty easy.. so biased towards fp..

Goods become that hard in higher levels? In higher levels, goods difficult or fp's? Do let me know your thoughts

DeletedUser

No collection... I have only 4 SOK so far currently in LMA.. goods r pretty easy.. so biased towards fp..

Goods become that hard in higher levels? In higher levels, goods difficult or fp's? Do let me know your thoughts

From modern era and up making refined goods gets trickier.
The industrie does not only take more room but modern goods are derived from Colonial goods and so on.
So yes it gets more complex.
On the other hand, while the Sleigh Builder is really a super size for what it does, having enough fp-givers is crusual too.
All in all if I knew then what I know now I’d go for the sled maker still and try to play the GE to get my fp-givers.

Edited for correct translation of the building concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116367

From modern era and up making refined goods gets trickier.
The industrie does not only take more room but modern goods are derived from Colonial goods and so on.
So yes it gets more complex.
On the other hand, while the sled maker is really a super size for what it does, having enough fp-givers is crusual too.
All in all if I knew then what I know now I’d go for the sled maker still and try to play the GE to get my fp-givers.
This is really helpful.. thanks very much.. missed the sled maker... Will get atleast 4 to 5 if it comes up again..

True, other means are there for fp, but less for goods. Thanks again

Emberguard

Legend
Even in progressive era the population requirement of 12 sleighs equal that of a single goods building. 2 sleighs would produce the same as a single goods building and be slightly smaller

DeletedUser116367

Even in progressive era the population requirement of 12 sleighs equal that of a single goods building. 2 sleighs would produce the same as a single goods building and be slightly smaller

I am now feeling like a idiot for missing it..

Any guesses on will it be put up again? I will spend my 646 stars on it

I feel very myopic missing it..

Emberguard

Legend
And that's not taking into account that the goods buildings of Progressive onwards start to require double lane roads - whereas sleighs only need single lane - so once you reach progressive it's half the amount of road needed in addition to being smaller then the goods buildings of that era.

If they ever become outdated I'd recommend keeping at the very least some of them in your city even if only for "complete x productions" as you can always use reno/one up kits to make their goods the age you need.

Store buildings would also save them for later if you really want the space back

Any guesses in will it be put up again? I will spend my 646 stars on it
Chances are it will come around. On Beta it came a second time somewhere near the end

DeletedUser116367

If they ever become outdated I'd recommend keeping at the very least some of them in your city even if only for "complete x productions" as you can always use reno/one up kits to make their goods the age you need.

Store buildings would also save them for later if you really want the space back

They generate the "present era" goods na.. or the era when they were placed?

Emberguard

Legend
Era of the building. (which is why you'd need reno/one-up kits for later)

Anything that's not a "Any Age" building (which will have no roads need) will produce goods of the age it's currently designated as and will need reno/one up kit to update the age/era

(so era they were placed unless updated via a kit)

DeletedUser116367

Era of the building. (which is why you'd need reno/one-up kits for later)

Anything that's not a "Any Age" building (which will have no roads need) will produce goods of the age it's currently designated as and will need reno/one up kit to update the age/era

(so era they were placed unless updated via a kit)

So, for my LMA lvl, it's best to win them now but place them later.. that works

Emberguard

Legend
For clarification (just to make sure there's no misunderstanding), the inventory will keep them at the age you won them in, and placing them will be the era they were while in the inventory.

So it'd have been better worded as: Era you were currently at the time of winning the building until a kit is used to update the age

DeletedUser116367

For clarification (just to make sure there's no misunderstanding), the inventory will keep them at the age you won them in, and placing them will be the era they were while in the inventory.

So it'd have been better worded as: Era you were currently at the time of winning the building until a kit is used to update the age
Oh.. OK.. then winning these in a limited quantity is better and not go all out..

Thanks for these great advice and clarification and patience

Emberguard

Legend
You're welcome. And yeah, probably better to win in a limited quantity given your current age unless you've got a lot of kits. There's no guarantee whether Inno will make more 2x3's as a regular thing that's the equivalent to the Sleigh Builder / Sunken Treasure / Magnum Opus or if there'll be a huge break before it's ever done again. And when it does come back no guarantee it'll be as easy to obtain as it was for this event. Using (iirc) 900~ stars netted me 10 sleighs. Whereas all previous renditions you'd be lucky to get more then 1 from the event.

DeletedUser116367

I spent 350 stars on wishing well today and lit up 88 candles.. that's really nice.. I got 3 wishing wells... I thought to opt for it as it is ageless... kept Another 350 for SOK, another will get another 350 for sleigh.. what say?

DeletedUser113901

Hypotheses:
  1. The sleigh builder produces coins, supplies, few medals, little guild power or some goods
  2. The arc undirectly produces a lot of medals
  3. Goods can be gotten easily from DT or CF
  4. Guild power can be gotten easily from GE
  5. Coins and supplies are useless
  6. A special production building is useful if at least one of its productions is useful
Thesis: The sleigh builder is useless
Demonstration:
  • Coins are useless (5)
  • Supplies are useless (5)
  • Guild power is useless (4)
  • Medals are useless (2)
  • Goods are useless (3)
=> The sleigh builder is useless (1; 6) □

Dead-Eye

General
Goods can be gotten easily from DT or CF

Yeah. Plundering also works well for that. Speaking of plundering have you considered lv1 watchers? I got 8 ov em so far and hope they come round again. WW's I find to be useless. SoKs are always good though I have gotten quite a few since DC's started.