• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

winter event reindeer prizes

Emberguard

Legend
@kingrobo1984

No you're not the only one. That feedback has been forwarded.

That being said, there's no (additional) work required to win the reindeers as it's unlocked whenever you win a Daily Special. If the reindeers never existed it'd be the exact same work and amount of work that you're doing now (we know this because the format is the same as last years event and it never had reindeer, only the daily specials). That'd likely be why it costs diamonds. If it were free I'd expect it to replace a present slot or perhaps replace the daily special completely.

DeletedUser112026

@kingrobo1984

No you're not the only one. That feedback has been forwarded.

That being said, there's no (additional) work required to win the reindeers as it's unlocked whenever you win a Daily Special. If the reindeers never existed it'd be the exact same work and amount of work that you're doing now (we know this because the format is the same as last years event and it never had reindeer, only the daily specials). That'd likely be why it costs diamonds. If it were free I'd expect it to replace a present slot or perhaps replace the daily special completely.
maybe they could of giving us another little quest line to get the reindeers like 9 more with little pizes like ref kit stuff like that on damm i hate paying for things i already won

DeletedUser96901

I think it was unfair last year where we couldn't buy those prizes

Andrew420

Major
am i the only one who fine it very unfair tat we have to pay to get the reindeer prizes after we already won them its not cool to have un pay for things we already wonn
Whats not cool is your terrible reading comprehension
No where in any announcement/description does it say win the reindeer win the prize
All the reindeer are is keys to unlock the ability to purchase items with diamonds the more reindeer the more items you get for 2995
Get mad all you want but it isnt Innos fault you cant understand what they wrote

DeletedUser110131

am i the only one who fine it very unfair tat we have to pay to get the reindeer prizes after we already won them its not cool to have un pay for things we already wonn
The reindeer "prize" isn't a prize, at all. It's not supposed to be. Importantly, they don't call it a "prize". You "win" the daily special, and "collect" a reindeer, which provides you with an "offer". Having it be a prize rather than an offer was never an alternative.

The "special offer, available only to select customers" is a common marketing strategy. The idea is to make people feel like being allowed to spend money is a special privilege, which they'll be wasting if they don't use it. The strategy is sneaky in itself, but Inno's version is fairly moderate. I don't think they're out of line. As long as it's legal and common, expecting one business to refrain would be unfair. If you want to change it, talk to a politician.

DeletedUser110610

I’m wondering if these reindeer offers could be the first of many to come. In many previous events progress moved you up the “league” table where the top 1% of players received more bonuses at the end of the event compared to others only in say the top 10% (I can’t recall the details but you know what I mean). If this reindeer thing becomes a winner for inno then next event player bonuses may become offers.

Agent327

Overlord
I’m wondering if these reindeer offers could be the first of many to come. In many previous events progress moved you up the “league” table where the top 1% of players received more bonuses at the end of the event compared to others only in say the top 10% (I can’t recall the details but you know what I mean). If this reindeer thing becomes a winner for inno then next event player bonuses may become offers.

Who cares.

Daily prizes have also been offered the next day for diamonds during events. Nobody is forcing you to spend diamonds.

DeletedUser110131

Who cares.
Has anyone ever written anything here that you care about, 327? I'm genuinely curious. Also, why do you think anyone cares about you not caring? It seems like a strange thing to believe.

In this case, people might care out of idle curiosity or concern for the game. Neither means they're protesting or even mildly critical. They may just wonder which direction the game may take, and what it might mean for how they play the game. More benefits to diamond buyers, or fewer benefits for free players, affect people, and it's perfectly normal to be curious.

joesoap

Major-General
the reindeer idea isnt too bad as a way for inno to make money, the issue i have is that most of the prizes are crap so i wouldnt spend the diamonds on the couple of things i want, it would be so much better that when we had 9 reindeers collected we could dismiss 1 & get it replaced so we can at least try to fill a board with rewards we would buy

DeletedUser110131

the reindeer idea isnt too bad as a way for inno to make money, the issue i have is that most of the prizes are crap so i wouldnt spend the diamonds on the couple of things i want, it would be so much better that when we had 9 reindeers collected we could dismiss 1 & get it replaced so we can at least try to fill a board with rewards we would buy
+1

Agent327

Overlord
I am not being ripped off. I use what I won in the game to buy what I can use in the game. How can that be a rip off??? If you do not like it, that is your problem. Why should I not spend diamonds because of that?